#21 ZoloKing

ZoloKing

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts

Posted 07 May 2021 - 22:06

HUD is out of sync

Restarting in x seconds

Can you stop this from happening so often please?

I noticed that this happens frequently when i have the game open on the pc browser and the app at the same time. when i close the browser that rarly happens.

Tho this started after app update 0.8.6 or 0.8.7 , never happened to me before that.

#22 Yeong

Yeong

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 17 May 2021 - 06:35

Hi, i have download the apps, but when run the apps, it was a new account. 

is it possible to change/link the apps on this account.

FYI, the email for web account is different from Playstore email.

#23 kamicazer7

kamicazer7

Junior Game Programmer

• Hunted Cow Staff
  • PipPip
  • 73 posts

Posted 17 May 2021 - 09:57

HUD is out of sync

Restarting in x seconds

Can you stop this from happening so often please?

HUD out of sync happens when there are 2 or more different devices using the same character. This is not supported due to several technical reasons, you must use only one client at a time. If the issue is happening when using only one client, please contact support and give us the repro steps to cause the issue.

Changed about 3 avis in the past few months, but the one on the app doesn't update at all. Not sure if it's just for me or not.

There's a bug in the current version of the app causing some images to not reload once saved. In the app you can go to Settings->Preferences Delete Resources, to force remove all the downloaded images.

Hi, i have download the apps, but when run the apps, it was a new account. 

is it possible to change/link the apps on this account.

FYI, the email for web account is different from Playstore email.

You can restore linked accounts from browser into the app. Please refer to the following doc for instructions https://docs.google....XNqIkRauXA/edit.

#24 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 26 June 2021 - 20:13

App Development has seemed to slow tremendously. Covid and such played it's part but we are at the point where we can't really use that as an excuse anymore. Is there any plans to finish the app this year or beginning of next?

What challenges have you run into, what can we do as players to help you if anything at all? Is the FS app a full time responsibility at this point?

Edited by EpicPiety, 26 June 2021 - 20:15.

#25 JustConix

JustConix

Junior Game Programmer

• Hunted Cow Staff
  • PipPip
  • 197 posts
  • Badge

Posted 28 June 2021 - 09:09

App Development has seemed to slow tremendously. Covid and such played it's part but we are at the point where we can't really use that as an excuse anymore. Is there any plans to finish the app this year or beginning of next?

What challenges have you run into, what can we do as players to help you if anything at all? Is the FS app a full time responsibility at this point?

Hi EpicPiety,

Yes, the App is a full time responsibility for myself and a few other members of the Hunted Cow Team. This however is a small team and the workload per member is high. We are working as hard as we can to get a finished version of the app out to everyone. As you mentioned in your message, Covid has played a large part in slowing development. We have been working from home for the last 15 months, and this remains the case for the foreseeable future. 

Despite all this, we believe we are making good progress and have now settled on the design that will make it into the launch version. We have also put a lot of effort recently into the back end code that will enhance the apps performance. This has obviously taken up a good portion of our time, but we believe the app will be all the better for it!

Trust me when I say that we want to get this app out to you all as much as you do, however we also want the Fallen Sword App to be the best it possibly can be, and to do so, we can not rush this. We ask for a little more patience as we work on the app release, It will be out as soon as we believe it is ready.

~The Fallen Sword Team

#26 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 28 June 2021 - 13:46

Hi EpicPiety,

Yes, the App is a full time responsibility for myself and a few other members of the Hunted Cow Team. This however is a small team and the workload per member is high. We are working as hard as we can to get a finished version of the app out to everyone. As you mentioned in your message, Covid has played a large part in slowing development. We have been working from home for the last 15 months, and this remains the case for the foreseeable future. 

Despite all this, we believe we are making good progress and have now settled on the design that will make it into the launch version. We have also put a lot of effort recently into the back end code that will enhance the apps performance. This has obviously taken up a good portion of our time, but we believe the app will be all the better for it!

Trust me when I say that we want to get this app out to you all as much as you do, however we also want the Fallen Sword App to be the best it possibly can be, and to do so, we can not rush this. We ask for a little more patience as we work on the app release, It will be out as soon as we believe it is ready.

~The Fallen Sword Team

Hi Conix,

Thank you for the response. Sincerely appreciate the transparency in answering my questions. So you are working on mostly back-end code as we speak. Seems to be why on the surface we have not seen much to show for it.

Seeing that we are ever approaching v0.9 i would think we would be working with some sort of official release date (From what i was told previously 0.9-1.0 wasn't planned to take very long). If not official some sort of rough estimate. At this point are we 6 months out, 12 or more?

As a community we have waited years so don't be shy to tell us what we are working with, patience is something every FS player has refined over the years.

#27 JustConix

JustConix

Junior Game Programmer

• Hunted Cow Staff
  • PipPip
  • 197 posts
  • Badge

Posted 29 June 2021 - 10:36

Hi Conix,

Thank you for the response. Sincerely appreciate the transparency in answering my questions. So you are working on mostly back-end code as we speak. Seems to be why on the surface we have not seen much to show for it.

Seeing that we are ever approaching v0.9 i would think we would be working with some sort of official release date (From what i was told previously 0.9-1.0 wasn't planned to take very long). If not official some sort of rough estimate. At this point are we 6 months out, 12 or more?

As a community we have waited years so don't be shy to tell us what we are working with, patience is something every FS player has refined over the years.

Hi EpicPiety,

I know this is not the answer you are hoping for, but we do not have a release date in mind. We have a list of tasks we are working through, and every completed task is a step closer to release, but we honestly do not have a date yet. Some tasks take longer than expected and others are quicker than anticipated, which makes it really hard to get an accurate gauge on when we expect this to be done. Any release date set at this point would be rough and inaccurate, which will only result in one of two things. We either rush it and release something we are not overly happy with, or we delay the release date later down the line in order to release something we are happy with. Neither of these options are fair on the player and we would prefer to avoid either outcome. We will announce a release date closer to the time of launch when we are confident on the date we set, but for now there are too many uncertainties. We at Hunted Cow appreciate everyone's patience and we hope you enjoy the game when we do release it. I'm sorry again that this is not the answer you are hoping for, but it is the best one we can give.

~The Fallen Sword Team

#28 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 29 June 2021 - 13:04

Hi EpicPiety,

I know this is not the answer you are hoping for, but we do not have a release date in mind. We have a list of tasks we are working through, and every completed task is a step closer to release, but we honestly do not have a date yet. Some tasks take longer than expected and others are quicker than anticipated, which makes it really hard to get an accurate gauge on when we expect this to be done. Any release date set at this point would be rough and inaccurate, which will only result in one of two things. We either rush it and release something we are not overly happy with, or we delay the release date later down the line in order to release something we are happy with. Neither of these options are fair on the player and we would prefer to avoid either outcome. We will announce a release date closer to the time of launch when we are confident on the date we set, but for now there are too many uncertainties. We at Hunted Cow appreciate everyone's patience and we hope you enjoy the game when we do release it. I'm sorry again that this is not the answer you are hoping for, but it is the best one we can give.

~The Fallen Sword Team

Thank you Conix, while it was not the response i was looking for although i indeed appreciate the thought and effort.

Please note as a player that has been watching the app development for many years if you were to give me/others the absolute roughest of release dates possible that is all we really want. I understand that deadlines are not always met when we are dealing with a small team/development. I can't speak for anyone else, but i tend to think the remaining FS players can be reasonable and come to my same conclusion. 

Ex. 

At the current time we are hoping to aim for a release within ~12-24 months. This is subject to change.

I think HCS will find that the worst possible outcome is the third outcome which they have been going with for years. Not keeping us entirely updated on their goals/theoretical deadlines. I understand you guys don't want to set a deadline or expectation because that could possibly force HCS hand to dedicate more resources that they do not want to or have. I'm also sure the upper brass has handed down memos not to talk about dates (Stemming from HCS setting deadlines on previous roadmap and then entirely throwing it away and thus getting flack etc...).

I'm going to guess alot of you guys at HCS are gamers and have played other games before. As you can probably agree a lot of what keeps people interested and playing a games is looking forward to things to come. If you cannot visualize when these "things" to come will happen, you lose interest. We are told here often that things are coming, we hear it for so long in our heads it starts to seem like an impossibility it will ever release. I hope going forward HCS might change their policy and be alittle more transparent on the development end of things.

Cheers,

EP

Edited by EpicPiety, 29 June 2021 - 13:10.

#29 Tilley10

Tilley10

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 250 posts

Posted 06 July 2021 - 21:09

iOS beta has expired. What is the ETA on the update being pushed out on this?

#30 JustConix

JustConix

Junior Game Programmer

• Hunted Cow Staff
  • PipPip
  • 197 posts
  • Badge

Posted 09 July 2021 - 13:01

iOS beta has expired. What is the ETA on the update being pushed out on this?

Hi Tilley,

Thanks for letting us know! We are not yet ready to release a new update, however we have found a way to extend the current iOS beta. We will give it a quick test to make sure everything is still working as intended but it shouldn't be too long until we have all iOS users back in the game! 

Thanks again for letting us know!

Conix :)

#31 BadPenny

BadPenny

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,279 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 12 July 2021 - 23:01

Getting [ELOA167] errors when hitting critters.... after checking with several lower level monsters, it appears to occur when a drop is gained

Just one old lady's opinion

krQtqDH.jpg

~Love, Penny

Have you hugged your Quango lately?

#32 JustConix

JustConix

Junior Game Programmer

• Hunted Cow Staff
  • PipPip
  • 197 posts
  • Badge

Posted 16 July 2021 - 16:41

Getting [ELOA167] errors when hitting critters.... after checking with several lower level monsters, it appears to occur when a drop is gained

Hi Penny,

Thank you for reporting this issue. It has since been fixed, however it will require an update from us to get this fix to you. From what I could see, loading the combat details to display on the HUD is what is causing this error. Thankfully items are still going to the backpack, it just wont display what item was dropped from the combat. We are not yet ready to push a new app update as we are working on a number of foundation changes and as a result the app is unstable our end at the moment. We are working hard on this though, so hopefully it wont be long until we can get a new update out to you all.

Sorry for the inconvenience with this,

~Conix

#33 Qloak

Qloak

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 25 July 2021 - 00:01

Navigation is horrible, joystick is so bad, moves everywhere I don’t want it to move. Make joystick moveable and resizeable, unplayable on iOS IPhone 12mini.

Edit
I move east, it moves north/south/southeast, I hold and move, it moves all over the screen, adds his own paths. I had no problem before, but that joystick needs changes or make the entire upper screen a invisible movement frame.

Edit2

Holding to look around the map also needs tweaking, it moves to fast, it’s like mouse setting to max speed.

Edited by Qloak, 26 July 2021 - 13:34.

#34 RebornJedi

RebornJedi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,450 posts

Posted 26 July 2021 - 05:23

just burned my stamina for the event and just some hot takes before I sleep (thanks for these longer events it let's those who work weekends to try and get a hunt in)..

-joystick is way to small.. wasted so much stamina using it.. you owe me cows hahhaha

-path movement works 1% of the time(guessing it's just broken right now) so joystick is basically the only way to move around map..

-group attack WAY too close to joystick..

-using a staircase icon should pop up right above the joystick, not above the actual staircase on map...

-refresh the creature list should be right above the attack button for easy thumb movements

-let us adjust joystick size, if anything make it bigger..

-i would like to imagine that most players will be playing with the map mostly zoomed out.. it's a more natural way to click/walk around the map..

PS make use of that blank space that's outside the map for group attack icons, pve/pvp option(like what is it even doing there in the first place haha).. don't be afraid of crowding the map is it's zoomed out.. lots of space to work with for accessibility

*app is still the fastest way to hunt on mobile/touch. had to restart the app alot because it got stuck loading the map at random parts of the hunt..

but browser could still use small adjustments to make it easier for touch users.. I had to use browser to start my hunt with opening of all the containers I was using for the double XP event.. can't do that on app yet? didn't see option to open em..

Edited by RebornJedi, 26 July 2021 - 05:31.

#35 Qloak

Qloak

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 27 July 2021 - 07:45

Accepting secure trade wont work.

Player X set up a secure trade for 11FSP, hiting accept, and getting "you dont have enough gold" error, altho there is no gold involved.

#36 Edith3000

Edith3000

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 157 posts

Posted 03 August 2021 - 13:04

I am unable to post items for auctions. Even when I have items selected, time set, and price mentioned, the app keeps asking to select at least one item to proceed.

Also, I am unable to complete secure trades where FSP is the payment method. It says that I don't have the required amount.

uvG2ReE.jpg

#37 JustConix

JustConix

Junior Game Programmer

• Hunted Cow Staff
  • PipPip
  • 197 posts
  • Badge

Posted 09 August 2021 - 08:48

Hi all,

Thank you for the continued feedback.

We have implemented a new touch to move system since the last update that we believe will make moving much easier. We have also addressed the camera movement issue on iOS devices, so things there should be much smoother in the next update. I'm afraid that increasing the thumbstick size is not an option at this time, we would need to move a number of other UI elements to do so and another HUD revamp is not currently on the cards. We do believe that the new movement system will help with this issue, but please let us know upon the time of the next update if this is still a major issue and we can address this sooner rather than later!

Both the Secure Trade FSP issue and the Auction House posting issue have now been fixed! Thank you for reporting these! The fix for them will be present in the next update! 

Thank you again for all the feedback! Please keep it coming, and as always, Happy Hunting!

~Conix :) 

#38 BadPenny

BadPenny

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,279 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 30 September 2021 - 15:30

Hey guys, I am currently away from home and only able to access FS via mobile...  I've tried to join arenas and the app crashes each time I do so, causing me to need to reload...

I haven't found any other issues, but I'll be sure to let you know if and when I do...

Just one old lady's opinion

krQtqDH.jpg

~Love, Penny

Have you hugged your Quango lately?

#39 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,805 posts
  • Badge

Posted 01 October 2021 - 09:15

Hey Penny.

Brought this to Conix. He reckons this is a possibly a performance issue with the phone. My phone chugged a little loading the arena in but I could join, as could Conix. The Arena is next on his list for optimising however.

~ Grim

#40 Tilley10

Tilley10

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 250 posts

Posted 06 October 2021 - 22:12

iOS Beta has expired. Please provide an estimate on when this will be working.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: