Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,815 posts
  • Badge

Posted 16 March 2016 - 17:47

Hey there everyone

Next week we intend on pushing forward the following code updates :

Adding a preference to hide the Tavern Rumours notification.

Ajax take item on Mailbox (No refreshing occurs when you take items.)

and the following updates to the Ultimate Guide.

1. Fix potions displayed to show all buffs accurately.
  2. The Player Equipped, Player Backpack, Guild Inventory Total Should not include Inactive account items, unless Guild Tagged.
  3. Add an 'Acquired from Quest' entry.
  4. Add a "Key Required?" entry to items. Useful for the Realm Chests. The keys are in the guide, maybe under each key you could list which chests they open.
  5. Search items by Enhancement.
  6. Add Frag Stashes so they show the contents of the stashes.

We hope you like these upcoming updates!

~ The Fallen Sword Team

#2 Egami

Egami

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,863 posts

Posted 16 March 2016 - 17:58

Nice, thank you. (o0

#3 RebornJedi

RebornJedi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,450 posts

Posted 16 March 2016 - 18:16

For the UFSG, could sesrching by buff be possible in future updates?

#4 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,815 posts
  • Badge

Posted 16 March 2016 - 18:20

For the UFSG, could searching by buff be possible in future updates?

Good idea!

#5 rowbeth

rowbeth

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,108 posts

Posted 16 March 2016 - 18:33

Nice set of changes

Search items by Enhancement.

Will this search allow quantitative limits? Or can the results by ordered (or able to be ordered) by strength of enhancement?

I imaging some enhancements will have a lot of entries by now

#6 stimpysam

stimpysam

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 120 posts
  • Badge

Posted 16 March 2016 - 19:24

If at all possible in next week's code updates, could the following small fix be added: take out the duplicated "Arena Wins" wording/stats from the Statistics section in players profile page, since this is also showing up in the PvP Stats section. (Or even vice versa to save any argument).

#7 Plexus37

Plexus37

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 124 posts

Posted 16 March 2016 - 19:34

Love this idea, simple and brings a lot more relevance to the numbers. Excellent.

The Player Equipped, Player Backpack, Guild Inventory Total Should not include Inactive account items, unless Guild Tagged.

Maybe also the total including inactives in brackets? (Just because I love stats)

Wrath of Gurgriss Cuirass (Epic)

Player Equipped Total : 74 / (139)

Player Backpack Total : 12 / (30)

Guild inventory Total : 3 / (3)

Auction House Total ? (Just to complete the numbers.)

Edited by Plexus37, 16 March 2016 - 19:42.

#8 wazzimoto

wazzimoto

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 300 posts
  • Badge
  • Canada

Posted 16 March 2016 - 19:44

Can we possibly change the color "yellow" to a different color in The "Guild Inventory Manager"..

It is very hard to see yellow writing on a yellowish background and am certain that it is a very simple fix?? 

Thanks!  :)

aUcTiOnS  ---->   Check out my current auctions here!

WazziSig1_zps86dd99f5.png

#9 RebornJedi

RebornJedi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,450 posts

Posted 16 March 2016 - 19:57

Before making suggestions.. turn off the FSHelper to see if its something a cow can change..

#10 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 16 March 2016 - 20:34

Cool! Nice work :).

#11 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 16 March 2016 - 20:35

Before making suggestions.. turn off the FSHelper to see if its something a cow can change..

BG often doesn't use the FSH...So if it's a FSH feature he will have no idea. For the most part any colored things have to do with the FSH.

Edited by EpicPiety, 16 March 2016 - 20:35.

#12 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 16 March 2016 - 20:45

Can we possibly change the color "yellow" to a different color in The "Guild Inventory Manager"..

It is very hard to see yellow writing on a yellowish background and am certain that it is a very simple fix?? 

Thanks!  :)

Will contact yuuz or pointy seeing it's just a small change and won't take any effort really. Will see what they think. You can change your theme you know as well. To make the yellow pop more.

Edited by EpicPiety, 16 March 2016 - 20:50.

#13 Egami

Egami

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,863 posts

Posted 16 March 2016 - 20:54

Will contact yuuz or pointy seeing it's just a small change and won't take any effort really. Will see what they think. You can change your theme you know as well. To make the yellow pop more.

Am I evil for once again pushing FSH options to get put into the game? 

Oh wait, that whole cell phone app... errr...

#14 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 16 March 2016 - 21:00

Am I evil for once again pushing FSH options to get put into the game? 

Oh wait, that whole cell phone app... errr...

Who doesn't like free labor though :P. Cows sure like it hehe. FSH like 11000 lines of code... Imagine how much less time the cows would have :o.

Edited by EpicPiety, 16 March 2016 - 21:03.

#15 RebornJedi

RebornJedi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,450 posts

Posted 16 March 2016 - 21:05

This statement can be taken in two ways... (three?)

Either make your suggestions based on what the FSHelper has... or doesnt.. (or what the cows wont change)

As a person who CAN NOT use the FSHelper, i wish i had access to a guild inventory manager.. Wish i was able to complain about colors of text instead of function (which with some code knowledge i could fix).. wish the cows knew what they are sacrificing in the game as a whole by letting players give game improving functions to the game which not all players can use..

Wish the cows would ban all scripts so they could properly police and improve their game..

..but this crutch will eventually break and the cows will wish they used these years to slowly improve the function of thier game

Edited by RebornJedi, 16 March 2016 - 21:19.

#16 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 16 March 2016 - 21:23

Pretty sure you can install tampermonkey and use "Dolphin" browser on an android device to use FSH. So if your using an android mobile device your still in luck! 

wish the cows knew what they are sacrificing in the game as a whole by letting players give game improving functions to the game which not all players can use..

Curious on what they are sacrificing myself. Before i knew about FSH i got by just fine. FSH just make's thing slightly more convenient. It doesn't really give an advantage. 

Wish the cows would ban all scripts so they could properly police and improve their game..

The only script allowed is FSH which is monitored by zorg. Curious on how banning FSH will help the cows police the game any better. Often this is a rumor that's spread but infact it's not true. Let me try to explain... Let's say someone is automating something simple for the sake of explaining so AH? The culprit would have made an AH automation method or methods. It will work regardless of if it's inside of FSH. It also doesn't make it any harder to detect because the method will function the same way inside or out of FSH. So let's say zorg got a hint of how it worked and he wrote some code to trigger if the player is using it. That code zorg wrote will trigger whether it's inside of FSH or working in a independent script. FSH doesn't make detecting Illegal script's or FSH modifications any harder. What make's these easier to detect is report's with very detailed explanations of how you think it may work. Maybe you think it's harder to detect something that's working inside of FSH or banning FSH will make scripting easier to see...  But it is not true. Also there is the rumor that it's easy to modify FSH code to automate things. Which is only true if you are VERY VERY familiar with FSH so essentially this is only the case for FSH Dev's. It wouldn't make sense to familiarize yourself with alien code it would make much more sense to just write it from scratch. If you can read and comprehend FSH code and modify it you have enough of an understanding to make your own from scratch. There is also a lot of room for error writing inside of such a massive script. If your not familiar with the script it's just a headache and will take much more time to do it this way. No sane programmer would do this ;p.

Edited by EpicPiety, 16 March 2016 - 21:33.

#17 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,130 posts
  • Australia

Posted 16 March 2016 - 21:40

There is at least one FSH Dev who I have reported previously (not saying Who or When) for scripting (as in extra functionality, not in the "stock" release) and, I was told, he was censured for it ...

(to clarify - I have reported one past or present FSH Dev - others may have reported the same one and/or others)

Edited by Pardoux, 17 March 2016 - 01:20.

Homer : Marge, don't discourage the boy. Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals .. except the weasel.

Eddie Izzard : The National Rifle Association say that guns don't kill people, people do. But I think the gun helps, you know ? I think it helps. I think just standing there going "BANG" - that's not going to kill too many people, is it ?

I don't mean to sound pessimistic, but it seems that everything I eat lately turns to poo ...

#18 Undjuvion

Undjuvion

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,623 posts
  • Australia

Posted 16 March 2016 - 21:41

positive update :)

#19 RebornJedi

RebornJedi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,450 posts

Posted 16 March 2016 - 22:11

some silly wall of text

If they banned the FSHelper.. they could detect any script use because no scriot is allowed..

If someone is using the auction house to automatically post items in a way thats not possible wih the games code, i believe the cows will be able to detect such abuse..

To ban all scripts, gives a window to the cows to view any suspicious robot activity..

Whats not physically possible by human acions is easy to detect..

#20 RebornJedi

RebornJedi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,450 posts

Posted 16 March 2016 - 22:14

The fshelper isnt some made up coding language.. its like any coding language, in which it has to abide by certain rules and parameters.. with enough knowledge and trial and error, one could abuse that script like many have and will

If you give a cheater a tool, they'll learn to cheat with it..

Edited by RebornJedi, 16 March 2016 - 22:16.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: