BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,815 posts
  • Badge

Posted 31 March 2016 - 10:06

Hi there everyone.

Today we are having our next Double Composing XP event! For the next 24 hours, until 11:30 server time on the 1st of April, XP gained from making Composing Potions shall be doubled, so get those potions brewing!

We hope you enjoy the sixth Composing XP Event!

~ The Fallen Sword Team.

#2 Melissa3

Melissa3

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 199 posts

Posted 31 March 2016 - 10:15

I know i have raised this before, and im sure my post will raise the usual "guild hopper" and "greed" posts......  

BUT,  PLEASE look at increasing composing beyond lvl 60.

Compose only buffs could be increased in levels as advances are made beyond 60 without having a major impact in the game.

I reached lvl 60 composing nearly a year ago and would love to be able to take advantage of these great double composing events.

There are many level 60 composers now does this aspect of the game have to stand still?

#3 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,815 posts
  • Badge

Posted 31 March 2016 - 10:23

Composing is fine at 60 for the time being. There are other facets of the game that need a looking at first, sorry.

#4 insaner6

insaner6

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 276 posts

Posted 31 March 2016 - 16:43

having discussed with many lvl 60, and being also myself 60.. i have to tell u Mellisa

that  a large amount of those lvl 60 composer have the same

feelings as u Mellisa.

having said that,i dont think the cows will change their desicion. :)

#5 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,815 posts
  • Badge

Posted 31 March 2016 - 17:48

Indeed. I clearly explained why in the post above yours.

#6 Kbyte

Kbyte

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 276 posts

Posted 31 March 2016 - 19:44

As an composer level 60 [I'm max level composer since end of July 2015, I guess I was one of the 10 firsts max level composers - I would guess 5~9th] I would like to say, composing is already good enough ... the buffs high level composers can do is almost as good as many global chest buffs ... if composing level increases and it reaches exactaly the same buff levels or higher than global chests there will be no reasonable need for them to do globals anymore

Keep composing the way it is now +1

Edited by Kbyte, 31 March 2016 - 20:25.

#7 vamunre

vamunre

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 596 posts

Posted 31 March 2016 - 20:41

I am also a level 60 composer. I am also jealous these events didn't exist when I was leveling, that was the price we paid for leveling so fast! nobody forced us.

#8 Kbyte

Kbyte

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 276 posts

Posted 31 March 2016 - 20:46

Few Examples to Show Composing level is already good enough:

Composing level 60 / Global Potion

Stalker 300 / Darksun Reborn (Global Quest) => Stalker 250 [Global chest is even weaker than composing but the Conserve and Light foot on it is better than composing]

SH 480 / Gargantuan Mosquitoes (Global Quest)=> SH 525 [Epic Chest / Buff Quite close in Level]

AM 400 / Most globals Crystal chest gives AM 400 and ruby gives AM 500

Doubler 1250 / Some globals gives DB 1500 on Ruby Tier only

Edited by Kbyte, 31 March 2016 - 21:15.

#9 TxLxS

TxLxS

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 169 posts

Posted 31 March 2016 - 21:08

Thanks for the events guys it really helps people who are new to composing :) I really enjoy them as I am almost to level 18 :D

#10 Uncle Beg

Uncle Beg

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 416 posts

Posted 31 March 2016 - 23:28

Thanks for the event.

Keep the Composing Level at 60 is good.

The potions' level are getting ridiculous.

To keep composing interesting, maybe introduce potions that would target creature's type (like Holy Flame)

#11 Bluetail

Bluetail

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 218 posts
  • Badge

Posted 06 April 2016 - 23:19

If the next event is half brew time instead of double Xp Im sure everyone could take advantage of the event. Half brew time is about double Xp and Lv 60 composers could still make use of the halved brewing durations. Maybe you could consider throwing it in there, or alternating between double Xp and half brew time.

Insanity is when the sobbing slowly turns into laughter...

#12 cyrus7

cyrus7

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,562 posts
  • Badge
  • United States of America

Posted 07 April 2016 - 03:54

Half brew time would use twice the gold/frags as a double XP event.

Also having to run back to the computer every 30 minutes? No thanks; every hour is bad enough.  :wacko:

Edited by cyrus7, 07 April 2016 - 03:54.

#13 gilby90813

gilby90813

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 434 posts

Posted 07 April 2016 - 05:19

Hahaha the half brew time, composing is already ripping holes in my bank, gold is leaking out 😅😅😅 once I reach lvl 40 going back down to 20xp pots ha 😭😭

#14 BeigeRhino

BeigeRhino

• Members
  • Pip
  • 33 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 07 April 2016 - 08:12

Sorry but no i dont like the half time potion idea , its bad enough logging on every hour to make potions. The way the Double XP works now is fine its working and is new , we have had 6 events only so why change it......... Yes i fully understand that the lvl 60 composers dont get anything from this but you will when the lvl is raised ( which i hope it is ) i dont see why the lvl cant be raised and some extra skills added for the lvl60+ band. I  have spoken with a lot of non lvl 60 composer who love the double xp the way it is and the little extra you get from it has actual brought players back to composing which is a great thing IMHO.

So lets leave the events as double xp for 24 hours & in the near future add some new skills and raise the composing lvl that way its win win.

#15 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,130 posts
  • Australia

Posted 07 April 2016 - 09:51

It seems that, for the most part, the ONLY ones that want composing to go above and beyond Level 60 are those already at Level 60 and (my guess) are worried about losing their markets (which could be wrong).

Existing potions from composing are already too high - increasing them even further would be insanity.

Perhaps - and I say PERHAPS - the ceiling could be raised  by either ....

1. Adding a SMALL percentage duration bonus to existing potions without increasing the level or fragment cost

OR

2. Adding NEW & EXCLUSIVE (non-stat boosting - enhancement, perhaps?) buffs and having VERY low (5 points or less) increments

All that said, BG has said that nothing is planned for composing and that other updates are far more important - something I 100% agree with :)

Edited by Pardoux, 07 April 2016 - 10:05.

Homer : Marge, don't discourage the boy. Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals .. except the weasel.

Eddie Izzard : The National Rifle Association say that guns don't kill people, people do. But I think the gun helps, you know ? I think it helps. I think just standing there going "BANG" - that's not going to kill too many people, is it ?

I don't mean to sound pessimistic, but it seems that everything I eat lately turns to poo ...

#16 Davros81

Davros81

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 949 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 07 April 2016 - 11:12

As a level 60 composer, I for one do not want an increase in potion/skill strength or power but if there were some way to carry on beyond level 60 that would be excellent. I could then carry on composing and utilise the benefits of these double composing XP events. Perhaps the addition of new skills, some of those in the skills list that have not featured yet.

Please may I point out I have no interest in profiting from being at level 60, I am not a privateer, nor do I wish to preserve my status as one of, an ever increasing, select few at the top of the tree. I just want something else to work towards, no harm in that right?

#17 BeigeRhino

BeigeRhino

• Members
  • Pip
  • 33 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 07 April 2016 - 11:27

For the record im a lvl 38 composer and would like to see more lvls added to composing so that everyone can enjoy the xp events , but i do also agree that some of these potions current lvl 60 can make are OP and need to be capped at the current lvl , but i have no issue with new skills or skills that dont have pots being added to the next 10 or 20 lvls for composing, Like so many players are talking about AS500/1000 ? We currently have new potions being added to the arena i dont see why new potions and lvls cant be added to composing in the near future, but agree that we do not need anymore OP in the game. So getting back on subject , please leave the double xp events alone ( if its not broken dont fix it ) and to all the lvl 60 composer your hopefully be able to enjoy the event in the near future when the lvl's are raised.

#18 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,815 posts
  • Badge

Posted 07 April 2016 - 11:42

We're happy with how the event is now as Double Composing XP. I don't foresee us doing half brew time. Sorry.

#19 WWWolf

WWWolf
  • United States of America

Posted 07 April 2016 - 12:45

Existing potions from composing are already too high - increasing them even further would be insanity.

Increasing Composing level does not increase skill levels when you are already at the max level.  As is, at level 60 there are only 9 of the 31 skills that are not at the maximum allowed level - 4 of those 9 might actually be maxed out and we just don't know it yet.

You may be right that some Composers out there just want to make more and more profit but most of us at or near 60 primarily just want to keep up some forward momentum. 

When you reach EoC leveling up your character, you still get to collect XP and gain levels but at level 60 Composing you are stuck.  You can't gain progress to the next level because there isn't one and your Composing XP doesn't just keep adding up like your Character XP.

#20 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,130 posts
  • Australia

Posted 07 April 2016 - 19:38

Increasing Composing level does not increase skill levels when you are already at the max level.  As is, at level 60 there are only 9 of the 31 skills that are not at the maximum allowed level - 4 of those 9 might actually be maxed out and we just don't know it yet.

You may be right that some Composers out there just want to make more and more profit but most of us at or near 60 primarily just want to keep up some forward momentum. 

When you reach EoC leveling up your character, you still get to collect XP and gain levels but at level 60 Composing you are stuck.  You can't gain progress to the next level because there isn't one and your Composing XP doesn't just keep adding up like your Character XP.

Given that Level 60 is the cap for composing, I would say that ALL 31 skills are capped at their (current) maximum levels ? - not sure where you get the 9 from 31 or 4 from 31 from ?

And who is to say that increasing the level of composing wouldn't, potentially, increase the level of some of the skills ? - I'm pretty sure that raising the cap from 50 to 60 did - although I'm more than happy to be corrected there.

Finally, regarding levelling EOC and still collecting XP, that has never been given a "ceiling" - so you're comparing chalk with cheese here I'm afraid.

Homer : Marge, don't discourage the boy. Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals .. except the weasel.

Eddie Izzard : The National Rifle Association say that guns don't kill people, people do. But I think the gun helps, you know ? I think it helps. I think just standing there going "BANG" - that's not going to kill too many people, is it ?

I don't mean to sound pessimistic, but it seems that everything I eat lately turns to poo ...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: