Photo

sacks disappearing

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
27 replies to this topic

#1 sareth

sareth

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 207 posts
  • Badge

Posted 04 February 2014 - 21:37

Im two sacks short since last night, i double check every time when i discard items or when trading with someone, i feel very frustrated about this, anyone have this issue?

#2 HuMoR

HuMoR

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,880 posts
  • Badge

Posted 04 February 2014 - 21:51

I lost one earlier :( and pretty sure someone else was complaining of this also.

Characters:
Guthix:
Level 40 Mage.
Chelsea's Man<3

#3 Neon

Neon

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,000 posts
  • Badge

Posted 04 February 2014 - 21:57

Unless it's a global problem you won't get them back (I don't think anyway unless HCS has internal item tracking).

I know you haven't asked for them back, but if you wanted it would be unlikely unless you had proof.

I discarded a sack a while ago instead of discarding the contents, not your problem but I share the same frustration. ;)

a5kwtf.png

My YouTube Channel - Click Here

#4 sareth

sareth

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 207 posts
  • Badge

Posted 04 February 2014 - 22:00

i don't care for refund ill just be happy this want happen again

#5 HuMoR

HuMoR

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,880 posts
  • Badge

Posted 04 February 2014 - 22:16

Don't really want a refund,but some looking into would be great. If I were to get on tomorrow and all my sacks disappear I'm gathering i'd be upset.

Characters:
Guthix:
Level 40 Mage.
Chelsea's Man<3

#6 ernzor

ernzor

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,153 posts
  • Badge

Posted 04 February 2014 - 22:18

I have had sacks "disappear" when moving them around while doing professions (like when you are sitting and doing 99 bars or something).

I move a sack to a different BP and it seems to disappear. However if you put something on top of where you just put it it will re appear.

Hope this can solve your issue

Naked pirate will be back!

When lvl 50 is here

#7 sareth

sareth

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 207 posts
  • Badge

Posted 04 February 2014 - 22:22

I have had sacks "disappear" when moving them around while doing professions (like when you are sitting and doing 99 bars or something).

I move a sack to a different BP and it seems to disappear. However if you put something on top of where you just put it it will re appear.

Hope this can solve your issue

same thing happened to me, a sack disappeared on sight while organizing backpack

#8 ernzor

ernzor

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,153 posts
  • Badge

Posted 04 February 2014 - 22:30

try putting something where you placed that sack and it should re appear.

When lvl 50 is here

#9 Neon

Neon

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,000 posts
  • Badge

Posted 04 February 2014 - 22:31

Are you saying you lost the sacks completely, or are they just going invisible for awhile as ernzor stated? Hard to understand by the word "disappeared". :)

a5kwtf.png

My YouTube Channel - Click Here

#10 sareth

sareth

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 207 posts
  • Badge

Posted 04 February 2014 - 22:31

i tried it did not work for me

#11 sareth

sareth

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 207 posts
  • Badge

Posted 04 February 2014 - 22:36

Are you saying you lost the sacks completely, or are they just going invisible for awhile as ernzor stated? Hard to understand by the word "disappeared". :)

disappeared = lost sack completely

#12 Irradiated

Irradiated

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,653 posts
  • Badge

Posted 04 February 2014 - 22:42

Interesting.  I thought I had less sacks, but wrote it off as my mistake, possibly miscounting or confused on how many I had previously.  Now reading this thread maybe I really did lose a couple of sacks.

Meleager, ranger

Tuor, templar (Inactive)

Deimos, mage

Thangbrand, warsin (Mostly on vacation)

Bart, ??? (bene trades)

#13 huhbum

huhbum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 301 posts

Posted 04 February 2014 - 22:54

I hope that HCS finds the culprit in this case of widespread sacknapping and brings them to justice.

:)

#14 HuMoR

HuMoR

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,880 posts
  • Badge

Posted 04 February 2014 - 23:30

Sacknapper-Wanted
paying generous reward!

Characters:
Guthix:
Level 40 Mage.
Chelsea's Man<3

#15 BigglesVII

BigglesVII

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 221 posts
  • Badge

Posted 05 February 2014 - 00:05

I had the same issue last night, was working on making leather and moved my jungle rems and they disapeared for 10 mins but they did reappear again. I submitted a ticket but closed it once they came back.

axb0k3.png

huhbum: "The best way to offer constructive feedback is to shelve one's tears, put away the caps lock button, and provide a response in a mature, organized, and respectful manner."

#16 WowRefugee

WowRefugee

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 314 posts
  • Badge

Posted 05 February 2014 - 08:26

I have had sacks temporarily disappear when moving them around during crafting sessions.  They would always re-appear when the crafting run was over, or under some other conditions.  Disturbing though, as it's sometimes necessary to do this sort of motion, especially after filling all my spare sacks with raw materials, and needing to reuse the sacks emptied of those materials during processing to hold the output product (when producing cloth, metal bars/ingots, leather) else I run out of bag space.

It's disturbing to think some may have disappeared for good, but I haven't noticed that happening.  But, I haven't been counting them closely....

A Text-Based Talent Calculator For Eldevin: http://TalentTheory.com/calc/

Current Characters: Salador, Serculer, Aquinas

#17 Akadria

Akadria

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 419 posts
  • Badge

Posted 05 February 2014 - 08:43

O_O

*runs to count my sacks*

Wish I knew how many I had bought to begin with.

siggy2_zps0bcfeb13.png

#18 Lagenia

Lagenia

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 365 posts

Posted 05 February 2014 - 13:49

thats just a sync problem, that makes the sack "disappear" but on the next action the sack comes back.

Are you actually missing 2 of your sacks or did they just disappear and you dont know the exact number of sacks you have? or are you missing exactly 2 out of for example 100 sacks?

when you craft and move something right before the craft is finished it a) disappears until you do ur next craft B) gets synchronized back imediately

5700658DHjpT.png

6 x Level 40, 8 to go

#19 ernzor

ernzor

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,153 posts
  • Badge

Posted 05 February 2014 - 21:08

Sometimes they dont come back straight away lagenia. I have had some stay hidden for about half an hour until I placed something in the spot where it was and realised it was already full.

When lvl 50 is here

#20 livingtarget

livingtarget

Senior Programmer

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 772 posts
  • Badge

Posted 06 February 2014 - 14:01

It's almost certainly related to some sort of lag or a specific sequence, but unless it's easy to reproduce exactly it'll be hard to fix it. If someone can outline the steps it would be great.

Basically in the case where they re-appear when you try to move something on top of them: Does logging out also fix the problem or is it permanently bust until you do that?

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: