Photo

Hellforging Improvements

• Please log in to reply
179 replies to this topic

Poll: Hellforging Improvements (235 member(s) have cast votes)

Do you like this suggestion?

1. Yes. (223 votes [94.89%])

Percentage of vote: 94.89%

2. No. (12 votes [5.11%])

Percentage of vote: 5.11%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Hoofmaster

Hoofmaster

Company Director

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,357 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 09 December 2013 - 17:58

Since this is next up on the roadmap, I've looked through what's been said on this thread and think the following would work:

Level 1: +5 / +1% (whichever is higher) to all stat points, +2% to enhancements.
Level 2: +10 / +2% (whichever is higher) to all stat points, +4% to enhancements.
Level 3: +15 / +3% (whichever is higher) to all stat points, +6% to enhancements.
Level 4: +25 / +5% (whichever is higher) to all stat points, +8% to enhancements.
Level 5: +50 / +10% (whichever is higher) to all stat points, +10% to enhancements.

We'd also apply a maximum gold cost for Hellforging higher level items.

What do you think?

#2 Mister Doom

Mister Doom

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,518 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 09 December 2013 - 17:59

Yep, looks good.

EnhancedShardoom1-1.gif

#3 spyders

spyders

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 304 posts
  • Badge
  • Italy

Posted 09 December 2013 - 18:01

ok

#4 Kedyn

Kedyn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 698 posts
  • Badge
  • United States of America

Posted 09 December 2013 - 18:03

Seems good to me - it'll help to cut down MP gold cost and other items while increasing the stats and making it possibly worth to fully forge items again. Will this update be applied to gear already fully forged?

#5 Hoofmaster

Hoofmaster

Company Director

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,357 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 09 December 2013 - 18:04

Seems good to me - it'll help to cut down MP gold cost and other items while increasing the stats and making it possibly worth to fully forge items again. Will this update be applied to gear already fully forged?

Yeah it would also be applied to existing Hellforged items :)

#6 Mister Doom

Mister Doom

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,518 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 09 December 2013 - 18:04

One thing though, can we possibly get gold amount required to hellforge capped at something reasonable.

The gold we gain per monster is capped at a really low level. The only reason higher levels 'can' gain more gold is due to other upgrades we have bought, like max stam.

If we hunt with the same amount of stamina as a lower level, we don't get 'more' gold than they do...

EnhancedShardoom1-1.gif

#7 thomas8746

thomas8746

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 09 December 2013 - 18:05

Would this change affect the enhancements of currently Hell Forged items.

#8 RebornJedi

RebornJedi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,450 posts

Posted 09 December 2013 - 18:06

One thing though, can we possibly get gold amount required to hellforge capped at something reasonable.

The gold we gain per monster is capped at a really low level. The only reason higher levels 'can' gain more gold is due to other upgrades we have bought, like max stam.

If we hunt with the same amount of stamina as a lower level, we don't get 'more' gold than they do...

there are more gold/fsp gaining opportunities the higher level you are.. gold gained during hunts shouldn't be cacluated for hell forge costs

#9 leefylee

leefylee

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 426 posts
  • Badge

Posted 09 December 2013 - 18:08

do we get a gold refund then on what we already forged ;)

lol just kidding as i know we cant.. but still a great idea as it does get very expensive to forge items for not a massive stat boost

Edited by leefylee, 09 December 2013 - 18:09.

#10 Mister Doom

Mister Doom

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,518 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 09 December 2013 - 18:10

there are more gold/fsp gaining opportunities the higher level you are.. gold gained during hunts shouldn't be cacluated for hell forge costs

I don't understand what you mean there Jedi?

What extra opportunities do higher level players have that lower levels don't?

EnhancedShardoom1-1.gif

#11 Hoofmaster

Hoofmaster

Company Director

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,357 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 09 December 2013 - 18:11

Would this change affect the enhancements of currently Hell Forged items.

The enhancement part of the Hellforging won't be changed, only the stats.

#12 Kedyn

Kedyn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 698 posts
  • Badge

Posted 09 December 2013 - 18:11

Thanks Hoof - all good to me then! 

#13 RebornJedi

RebornJedi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,450 posts

Posted 09 December 2013 - 18:13

I don't understand what you mean there Jedi?

What extra opportunities do higher level players have that lower levels don't?

higher level buffs, titans, items4frags, etc.. mostly common to have more upgrades which makes it easy to make fsp via potion making, merchanting, etc..

#14 cyrus7

cyrus7

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,562 posts
  • Badge

Posted 09 December 2013 - 18:13

Bringing over my thoughts on this from the original thread:

I agree something should be done about cost. Considering gold gain per kill is capped only a few hundred levels into the game (and then even goes down later in the way upper levels), it doesn't make sense that forging costs keep increasing to the huge amounts that they do. I stopped forging my gear for this reason, as well as the fact that forging currently gives very little benefit at my level, besides showing off with 5 yellow dots.

How about this: Base the forging cost off the creatures' gold drop rate.

So if the item is level 1000, the forging cost is based off of what the creature's gold drop rate is for a regular level 1000 creature.  If the item is level 100, it's based off a regular level 100 creature's drop rate.

Basically, forging cost = n * creature drop rate
Where "n" is some multiplier, and the same one is used for all levels.

This ensures the costs are based on what is actually earned from the creatures of that level, rather than some formula that ends up with the cost going up way higher than our income from normal leveling.

As far as what "n" should be, take a look at how much it currently costs to forge a level 300 item (since that's where gold per creature kill caps out), and base the value of "n" off that.

Current toal gold cost to forge a level 300 item is 1,395,000. 
Gold gain per creature kill is about 300.  
1,395,000 / 300 = 4,650
So "n" would be about 4,650.

Yes, this means some people have spent many millions of gold more than it will cost after a change; I'm part of that group. However, if nothing changes, people will stop forging altogether, making the feature useless. Therefore, change must happen, and those of us who paid to forge items already... well, we made a choice to do it, and are stuck with it. But we can't let that stand in the way of making things better for the future.

#15 Anam Charaid

Anam Charaid

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts

Posted 09 December 2013 - 18:15

By all means YES.  This would possibly make it worth the dots to FF items again.

#16 thisple

thisple

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 193 posts
  • Badge

Posted 09 December 2013 - 18:16

I can see the gold price on FSP dropping yet again when this gets released.  I think that is a good thing :-)

Plus, who doesn't like seeing shiny FF items.  They make great Christmas presents

#17 Mister Doom

Mister Doom

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,518 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 09 December 2013 - 18:16

higher level buffs, titans, items4frags, etc.. mostly common to have more upgrades which makes it easy to make fsp via potion making, merchanting, etc..

That still doesn't make any sense jedi.

Every level can sell buffs.

Titan rewards are included in this? I don't even see a connection.

Again, player upgrades aren't tied to a players level. If a person has enough money they can fully deck out their character on day one. This again should have no bearing on hellforging costs.

The only way (except for a extremely rare temple win and arena win) that gold comes into the game is from creeps. Like I've pointed out, we don't get more gold per stamina than anyone else. :S

EnhancedShardoom1-1.gif

#18 RebornJedi

RebornJedi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,450 posts

Posted 09 December 2013 - 18:22

you are only tying in gold gain from hunting, with the max hell forge costs for higher level items, when there are lots of other aspects of the game..  just pointing out, the gold cap at level 300 shouldn't effect the hell forge costs at higher levels..

#19 Mister Doom

Mister Doom

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,518 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 09 December 2013 - 18:24

you are only tying in gold gain from hunting, with the max hell forge costs for higher level items, when there are lots of other aspects of the game..  just pointing out, the gold cap at level 300 shouldn't effect the hell forge costs at higher levels..

Jedi, have you actually seen what the costs are are the high levels? O.o

EnhancedShardoom1-1.gif

#20 UberKeenan

UberKeenan

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 09 December 2013 - 18:34

maybe uncap the gold

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font: