Photo

Hellforging Improvements

• Please log in to reply
179 replies to this topic

Poll: Hellforging Improvements (235 member(s) have cast votes)

Do you like this suggestion?

1. Yes. (223 votes [94.89%])

Percentage of vote: 94.89%

2. No. (12 votes [5.11%])

Percentage of vote: 5.11%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#21 RebornJedi

RebornJedi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,450 posts

Posted 09 December 2013 - 18:36

Jedi, have you actually seen what the costs are are the high levels? O.o

are you suggesting the hell forge cost cap should be the same from level 300+?

#22 Mister Doom

Mister Doom

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,518 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 09 December 2013 - 18:38

are you suggesting the hell forge cost cap should be the same from level 300+?

I really don't know 'when' the cap should come into effect.

All I know is the massively increasing costs do not correlate to the amount of gold available to the players as we raise our levels.

EnhancedShardoom1-1.gif

#23 dregal

dregal

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts

Posted 09 December 2013 - 18:39

I don't think creature gold should even be brought into this discussion. If the forging cost drops to a reasonable rate, everyone is going to forge their gear anyway. The AH will be swamped with FF gear in no time (since it's almost there anyway). Anyone who doesn't like this idea has had their helm dinged a few too many times!

#24 ashgaerath

ashgaerath

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • Badge

Posted 09 December 2013 - 18:41

In addition to my yes vote i must say im all for Cyrus7's proposal, I realize though that hcs needs to sell fsp to fund this game and as such their own income.. which brings me to the next sensitive point... the ever dercreasing number of active players... The internal rules being changed makes it nicer for the current users, I hope there is as much effort being put in getting new players...

Anyhow im quite happy with the current changes.

Edited by ashgaerath, 09 December 2013 - 18:43.

#25 Egami

Egami

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,863 posts

Posted 09 December 2013 - 18:50

I'm refraining on voting on this for "awhile" so I can see some constructive input.

I have been forging constantly recently and realized a long while ago that 5 forges was out of the question, despite the Epic Forge buff.

Somebody's comment that they haven't forged in ages and the fact that forging costs do seem "exorbitant" to me (I'm mostly forging higher level items for my Guild but even so... seems a bit crazy, lol) make me lean towards the "lower gold costs" view. But it's a rough call for me, as I am 100% gold sink.

#26 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,130 posts
  • Australia

Posted 09 December 2013 - 19:21

The boost to Hell Forging is long overdue and very welcomed so, like everyone else so far, I've voted YES to the suggestion.

There's nothing more said about the "We'd also apply a maximum gold cost for Hellforging higher level items."  though ?

Any ideas where this cost might be ?

Homer : Marge, don't discourage the boy. Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals .. except the weasel.

Eddie Izzard : The National Rifle Association say that guns don't kill people, people do. But I think the gun helps, you know ? I think it helps. I think just standing there going "BANG" - that's not going to kill too many people, is it ?

I don't mean to sound pessimistic, but it seems that everything I eat lately turns to poo ...

#27 sleepysock

sleepysock

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 94 posts
  • Badge
  • Canada

Posted 09 December 2013 - 19:29

I am happy with this idea, and should make forging at higher levels actually useful.

I disagree that there should be a cap to the cost, as a suggestion maybe change the formula to something like:

Current formula:

base cost = level * 150

Change to:

base cost = level * (150 - (level / 50))

The '150' could also be tweaked to a slightly lower number or be variable based on the levels too.

Examples:

Current: Level 100 ~ Base cost: 15,000 ~ 5F: 465,000

Changed: Level 100 ~ Base cost: 14,800 ~ 5F: 458,800

Current: Level 800 ~ Base cost: 120,000 ~ 5F: 3,720,000

Changed: Level 800 ~ Base cost: 113,600 ~ 5F: 3,521,600

Current: Level 1600 ~ Base cost: 240,000 ~ 5F: 7,440,000

Changed: Level 1600 ~ Base cost: 188,800 ~ 5F: 5,852,800

Slightly decreases gold cost as you go up levels, and works until about level 3750, then starts to go back down.. but that is where you could put a cap, if content ever actually gets that high.

Edited by sleepysock, 09 December 2013 - 19:48.

#28 sweetlou

sweetlou

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,958 posts

Posted 09 December 2013 - 19:41

I might start forging again... I like the idea of a percentage to the stats. What number are you thinking about capping gold cost at Hoof?

Edited by sweetlou, 09 December 2013 - 19:42.

[Signature removed]

“When you tear out a man's tongue, you are not proving him a liar, you're only telling the world that you fear what he might say.” -GRRM

#29 Tastria

Tastria

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 513 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 09 December 2013 - 19:46

My heads reeling from numbers......How about a concrete example, say with a reborn air javelin?  

#30 sleepysock

sleepysock

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 94 posts
  • Badge
  • Canada

Posted 09 December 2013 - 19:59

My heads reeling from numbers......How about a concrete example, say with a reborn air javelin?  

Is this a response to my suggestion?

If so, the "Air Javelin" is level 100, so:

At the current Hellforge cost, forging it 5 times would result in it costing ~ 10 Fsp + 465,000 Gold

My suggestion would lower the cost only slightly (since it is fairly low level) to ~ 10 Fsp + 458,800 Gold

So a decrease of 6,200 Gold

Higher level items such as the level 900 "Elemental Blazing Shield":

Current hellforge cost: 10 Fsp + 4,185,000 Gold

My suggestion: 10 Fsp + 3,682,800 Gold

Decrease of 505,200 Gold

So it would really only make a big difference for forging higher level items with much higher gold costs.

Edited by sleepysock, 09 December 2013 - 20:03.

#31 0ukanlos0

0ukanlos0

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 09 December 2013 - 20:14

I think this is a good idea why the stats are proportionally higher than a minor lvl item .

#32 Sethurus

Sethurus

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 97 posts

Posted 09 December 2013 - 20:25

Since costs for forging are no longer considered by merchants when buying or selling equipment that has been forged and/or crafted, why not just drop the cost we have to pay to forge and craft equipment?

#33 BabyMad

BabyMad

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 127 posts

Posted 09 December 2013 - 20:33

How come Fawkes Wickerman is still spawning when you said it was ended at 6th december? It havent spawned for almost a week then suddently it spawn and FFS get the majority kills.

Im not pointing fingers (lol) but wtf?

#34 DaleJunior

DaleJunior

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,563 posts

Posted 09 December 2013 - 20:35

Love it.  I've always thought it should work on a percentage basis anyway.  Once an item has 500 of a certain stat that's where the maximum hell forge percentage will come into play.  

#35 cyrus7

cyrus7

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,562 posts
  • Badge

Posted 09 December 2013 - 20:59

Since costs for forging are no longer considered by merchants when buying or selling equipment that has been forged and/or crafted, why not just drop the cost we have to pay to forge and craft equipment?

What the...  Is this a serious suggestion?  :blink:

#36 Devilo

Devilo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 67 posts

Posted 09 December 2013 - 21:05

So, i'm kinda confused.  :blink:

my cloth gloves of stamina has stamina +60 already being full forged. so, how exactly will that change  :unsure:

will it increase, not be affected or drop?  :(

cause i kinda have had those fully forged gloves from the moment i made them at lv250. 

#37 gomezkilla

gomezkilla

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,303 posts

Posted 09 December 2013 - 21:08

The boost to Hell Forging is long overdue and very welcomed so, like everyone else so far, I've voted YES to the suggestion.

There's nothing more said about the "We'd also apply a maximum gold cost for Hellforging higher level items."  though ?

Any ideas where this cost might be ?

From what I've been reading, the gold dropped per creature caps at 310 or something like that. I think that the cap should have to do with the gold dropped per creature which in most cases coincides with the level.

#38 Devilo

Devilo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 67 posts

Posted 09 December 2013 - 21:15

:( i sense that epics are going to increase so high in value once this is applied... -_- hmm.

#39 vikingv

vikingv

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 239 posts

Posted 09 December 2013 - 21:39

I believe I will wait for further details before voting

#40 Anonemesis

Anonemesis

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 411 posts
  • Badge

Posted 09 December 2013 - 23:10

How come Fawkes Wickerman is still spawning when you said it was ended at 6th december? It havent spawned for almost a week then suddently it spawn and FFS get the majority kills.

Im not pointing fingers (lol) but wtf?

Hehe christmas present for the favorite guild. 

Hate It Or Love It The Underdogs On Top. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: