Photo

Hellforging Improvements

• Please log in to reply
179 replies to this topic

Poll: Hellforging Improvements (235 member(s) have cast votes)

Do you like this suggestion?

1. Yes. (223 votes [94.89%])

Percentage of vote: 94.89%

2. No. (12 votes [5.11%])

Percentage of vote: 5.11%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#41 yghorbeviahn

yghorbeviahn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,654 posts

Posted 09 December 2013 - 23:25

The stats bonuses are good to me, but we need more details about the gold cap.sleepysock's idea sounds good to me.

#42 dannica2

dannica2

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted 09 December 2013 - 23:49

how would the 10% be divided?..

lets say an item with

1000 attack

and

500 damage

if in the old HF you get

1025 attack

and

525 damage

new is

1100 attack  (500 + 10%)

and

550 damage (25 + 10%)

or

add both stats and get 10%

(1000 + 500)*0.1=answer (150)

1075 attack (150 / 2 (note 2 increases if there is more than 2 stats)

and

575 damage (150 / 2)?

also can you post the possible max gold cap?

So, i'm kinda confused.  :blink:

my cloth gloves of stamina has stamina +60 already being full forged. so, how exactly will that change  :unsure:

will it increase, not be affected or drop?  :(

cause i kinda have had those fully forged gloves from the moment i made them at lv250. 

it said that +50 stats or 10%..

in the stamina gloves case its stats

cuz +10% of stamina gloves is only 11 stamina lol

in short.. low level items retain their forge stats

Edited by dannica2, 09 December 2013 - 23:50.

#43 kimbo

kimbo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 105 posts
  • Philippines

Posted 10 December 2013 - 00:05

Nice, think this is good enough :)

#44 morderme

morderme

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 251 posts

Posted 10 December 2013 - 00:18

I really don't know one way or the other if this is an improvement or not.  It seems to me, after the last change to hellforging, fewer items were forged to max as the cost far outweighed the benefits.  If this dampens the cost to do so, then I am in favor of this proposed change.

#45 Leos3000

Leos3000

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,034 posts

Posted 10 December 2013 - 00:24

Like the proposal. would be nice if you could be more specific on what the cap would be. After all that is a big issue in this topic and a very detailed fix for part and not the other is kinda misleading.

I think there have been many possible suggestions to what the cap could be (I cant remember them all and I am sure u can't) but at least in the ball park of what your thinking for the cap would be nice

1 million

etc

#46 misterpoo

misterpoo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 10 December 2013 - 00:33

Does anyone remember when you could remove the Hell Forging and get half of your FSP back? 

What if we brought this back and let HCS keep the gold if we wish to remove the Hell Forging? 

This would help keep the minimum market price of goods up, while affording an option prior to destroying or fragmenting an item. Everybody gets paid, and it is good for the economy.

#47 Sethurus

Sethurus

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 97 posts

Posted 10 December 2013 - 02:29

What the...  Is this a serious suggestion?  :blink:

Its a very serious suggestion, and yes its due to the fact that no one includes these costs any more. The inferno hammer is just one example of this. Not including gold, its 15fsp to forge and craft, yet you can buy them, fully forged and crafted perfect for 10 or less. So yes, this makes it pointless to forge or craft anything any more unless there was no cost in doing so.

#48 sirdavid58

sirdavid58

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 10 December 2013 - 04:34

Im sorry i dont think this should be even consider. A cap on forging will not befit the game. Just the higher level players will benfit , and they  have the gold and the  points . To change this now after six years is wrong. lets not give the farm away any more. If gold is going to be removed from forging then do it for everyone. Or if it is going to be a presentage do the same for everyone. we need to think of the players below 200 to help them grow. Not how to make level 1800 easier.

#49 gomezkilla

gomezkilla

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,303 posts

Posted 10 December 2013 - 04:52

Im sorry i dont think this should be even consider. A cap on forging will not befit the game. Just the higher level players will benfit , and they  have the gold and the  points . To change this now after six years is wrong. lets not give the farm away any more. If gold is going to be removed from forging then do it for everyone. Or if it is going to be a presentage do the same for everyone. we need to think of the players below 200 to help them grow. Not how to make level 1800 easier.

The gold gained from each creature at the higher level caps at 310 or something ans even decreases. Introducing a cap to hell forging just seems logical.

#50 Lordram

Lordram

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
  • Badge

Posted 10 December 2013 - 04:55

Yeah it would also be applied to existing Hellforged items :)

great to know tht it would apply to previously forged items too

#51 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,130 posts
  • Australia

Posted 10 December 2013 - 05:29

Gold / Kill peaks at about Level 310 or so - and then drops again twice - once at 1601 (from average 300g / kill with no doubler/mer/th to 250g / kill) and then again at at 1626 (down another 50g / kill to an average of 200g / kill)

So, actually, if hell-forging costs are capped, it will benefit players below Level 1601/1626 far more than those above 1601 as they are getting up to 33% more gold / kill.

Homer : Marge, don't discourage the boy. Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals .. except the weasel.

Eddie Izzard : The National Rifle Association say that guns don't kill people, people do. But I think the gun helps, you know ? I think it helps. I think just standing there going "BANG" - that's not going to kill too many people, is it ?

I don't mean to sound pessimistic, but it seems that everything I eat lately turns to poo ...

#52 2million

2million

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 10 December 2013 - 05:50

+1 no gold cap,

#53 sohail94

sohail94

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 722 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 10 December 2013 - 06:14

It looks great  at first sight but could someone please explain what hoof is suggesting, using an example.

I ask this because there's some ambiguity in hoof's post and I've tried doing an example below.

Hoof's post also doesn't mention what would happen to :

An extra bonus of +1 stat point, per 50 item levels (rounding down) for each forging level is applied in addition to the above

on the hell forge page currently the wording is

+x to stat points

however hoof's proposal is

+x to all stat points

Currently if I forge an item, let's say 5 times it will get (+50 + rounddown(Item level/50)*5) stats points.

If I have a level 1000 item it would get a total of +150 stat points.

Currently this 150 is distributed to each stat equally, so for a two-stat item each stat would get +75, total increase would +150 overall.

Hoof's post says + to all stats, that brings about ambiguity, I'm thinking he wants to keep it the same unless 10% is higher but it can be interpreted differently.

In my example above, under the proposed, for a level 1000 item at 5 forges, would each individual stat then get +150 instead of the +150 shared between the stats?

Same applies for the 10%.

Currently say the stats for my level 1000 item are 600,1000.

After 5 forges in currrent system they would be 675,1075. (+150 increase)

Under 10% They'd be 660,1100 if the 10% is applied individually to each stat - this is better for one stat but not the other.

Again if the forge points are applied to all stats individually(implied from hoofs post) rather than shared between them as it is now than my item would be 750,1150 - clearly better than the current scenario, hence the ambiguity.

Thanks

#54 BFJ

BFJ

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts

Posted 10 December 2013 - 06:35

I sometimes have a hard time killing the creaters I need to level so adding to the stat points and to enhancements would be nice , But if I am reading things right you want to make it cheaper to add dots to the gear?   Did we not just go throught this whole big thing where we can now compose potions for gold and call it a gold sink?

#55 jinks

jinks

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 418 posts

Posted 10 December 2013 - 08:51

We need more details on the gold cap.

People have this idea higher level players have more gold and fsp than lower levels....I make less fsp and gold now than I did at level 400.  Its about the effort put in to making the gold/fsp rather than because of level.

At the moment hell forging higher level items is too expensive for the stats gained from doing it, so the increase in stats is definitely needed, as for the gold cap, maybe with an increase in stats the cap doesnt need to be huge, but it is needed.

#56 999531

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 10 December 2013 - 08:52

doesn't it sound good to adjust the amount of bonus to reflect the min required level? that way the economy of fallen sword wont be skewed 

#57 Sethurus

Sethurus

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 97 posts

Posted 10 December 2013 - 16:41

+1 no gold cap,

I agree, we do not need gold caps on kills when hunting. 

#58 rowbeth

rowbeth

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,108 posts

Posted 10 December 2013 - 16:42

I sometimes have a hard time killing the creaters I need to level so adding to the stat points and to enhancements would be nice , But if I am reading things right you want to make it cheaper to add dots to the gear?   Did we not just go throught this whole big thing where we can now compose potions for gold and call it a gold sink?

There are two reasons why virtually everyone stops forging items somewhere in the 800-1000 level range. The first is that the linear increase in HF stats with level falls way behind the increase in creature stats. The second is that the cost of hell forging keeps increasing with level while the rate of gold acquisition stays constant. At current rates, it costs about 7.5 million to FF just one item at level 1600. That would be about 70 million to do one complete set of equipment (i.e. 9 items) - and remember that at EOC there is no FOSG to tell you whether that will last you 1 level or 100 levels.

Contrary to popular belief in the forums, EOC is NOT a license to make gold and FSP. Many people simply wouldn't bother spending that amount of money - which then makes the hell forging redundant and, incidentally, stops it being a gold sink for high level players.

Hoof's post proposes to fix both of these problems.

Edited by rowbeth, 10 December 2013 - 16:44.

#59 dobroeutro

dobroeutro

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 71 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 10 December 2013 - 17:22

Sounds good to me. I haven't forged an item in 400+ levels, maybe this would change my mind... :)

#60 Sethurus

Sethurus

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 97 posts

Posted 10 December 2013 - 17:26

Bringing over my thoughts on this from the original thread:

I agree something should be done about cost. Considering gold gain per kill is capped only a few hundred levels into the game (and then even goes down later in the way upper levels), it doesn't make sense that forging costs keep increasing to the huge amounts that they do. I stopped forging my gear for this reason, as well as the fact that forging currently gives very little benefit at my level, besides showing off with 5 yellow dots.

How about this: Base the forging cost off the creatures' gold drop rate.

Yes, this means some people have spent many millions of gold more than it will cost after a change; I'm part of that group. However, if nothing changes, people will stop forging altogether, making the feature useless. Therefore, change must happen, and those of us who paid to forge items already... well, we made a choice to do it, and are stuck with it. But we can't let that stand in the way of making things better for the future.

If your post was valid, you would be including such costs. No need in getting defensive, I'm just trying to figure out why you would be shocked that someone would suggest that all costs for forging and crafting be removed. 

Basing forging costs off creature gold drop rates won't help either, no matter how detailed you get into it, unless players, such as yourself, are willing to include those costs in your sales, which I don't see happening any time soon.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: