Photo

Hellforging Improvements

• Please log in to reply
179 replies to this topic

Poll: Hellforging Improvements (235 member(s) have cast votes)

Do you like this suggestion?

1. Yes. (223 votes [94.89%])

Percentage of vote: 94.89%

2. No. (12 votes [5.11%])

Percentage of vote: 5.11%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#161 ozziepete

ozziepete

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 12 December 2013 - 21:56

Like the preview stat idea . Like the 3 million gold cap idea and happy with % evenly divided. I had stopped forging 5th dot some time ago and despite barely covering hunt costs with gold earned, I will definitely do them after these changes. I think guilds will FF most of their gear with these changes, individuals will probably think about it and stop after 4 but it should be a good gold sink. Since 1500 I have been attempting elites on my own and some champions I have had to leave alone. With the 5th dot added I can see myself taking on more challenges. Will help with Titans and super elites as well. Looking forward to it.  

#162 yghorbeviahn

yghorbeviahn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,654 posts

Posted 13 December 2013 - 03:20

Maybe just a dumb idea, but a lot of people stopped hellforging crystall gear when it was clear that the item would break down very fast. Maybe give an 50% discount in gold cost for crystall gear??

I don't know if that 50% discount is a good number to work on, but I like your way of thinking.

Any other player/dev have an apinion about that?

#163 Maj

Maj

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 240 posts

Posted 13 December 2013 - 03:41

Since this is next up on the roadmap, I've looked through what's been said on this thread and think the following would work:

Level 1: +5 / +1% (whichever is higher) to all stat points, +2% to enhancements.
Level 2: +10 / +2% (whichever is higher) to all stat points, +4% to enhancements.
Level 3: +15 / +3% (whichever is higher) to all stat points, +6% to enhancements.
Level 4: +25 / +5% (whichever is higher) to all stat points, +8% to enhancements.
Level 5: +50 / +10% (whichever is higher) to all stat points, +10% to enhancements.

We'd also apply a maximum gold cost for Hellforging higher level items.

What do you think?

Will this also take into account the item level like in the old formula (which was iLevel / 50, I think)? Because right now I don't think it's worth it to forge Super Elite gear without introducing the item level into the equation.

I don't know if that 50% discount is a good number to work on, but I like your way of thinking.

Any other player/dev have an apinion about that?

Yes that seems to be the problem with forging crystalline gear. What I'm thinking is to retain the hellforge cost but have a way to 'salvage' some of the cost (maybe 50% of the original) when you break them down into fragments.

Edited by Raistlin Majere, 13 December 2013 - 04:04.

#164 PXT

PXT

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 183 posts
  • Badge
  • United States of America

Posted 13 December 2013 - 11:06

YES

PXT

#165 Leos3000

Leos3000

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,034 posts

Posted 13 December 2013 - 17:25

I was hoping this update would go live today. Hopefully soon :)

#166 Kedyn

Kedyn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 698 posts
  • Badge

Posted 13 December 2013 - 21:49

I was hoping this update would go live today. Hopefully soon :)

Same - I had thought I remember seeing Hoof mention Friday - maybe hope for next Friday :)

#167 Elincia

Elincia

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 13 December 2013 - 23:59

The costs of gold to forge an item needs to be lowered, say how about to 500k gold.

#168 Hoofmaster

Hoofmaster

Company Director

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,357 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 14 December 2013 - 00:09

Same - I had thought I remember seeing Hoof mention Friday - maybe hope for next Friday :)

Aiming to get the improvements added on Wednesday next week :)

#169 rowbeth

rowbeth

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,108 posts

Posted 14 December 2013 - 17:16

As things stand with buffs and potions etc we dont NEED the extra stats.

Might be interesting to know who "we" is. Not everyone sits in a guild that gives its members +20% damage from relic bonuses. And the critters keep getting harder with no update on hunting sets since level 1600. So this part of "we" certainly doesn't agree with this statement

#170 vamunre

vamunre

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 596 posts

Posted 14 December 2013 - 21:05

Might be interesting to know who "we" is. Not everyone sits in a guild that gives its members +10% damage from relic bonuses. And the critters keep getting harder with no update on hunting sets since level 1600. So this part of "we" certainly doesn't agree with this statement

+1

#171 Dragoonale

Dragoonale

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 67 posts
  • Badge

Posted 16 December 2013 - 13:40

I really like the direction this is heading! Even at my level I can hardly bear to updrade my items anymore, it hardly seems worth it! So I think the 3 million cap is perfectly reasonable! Any more than that would really be too expensive as far as real life money. I dont want to pay 8-10 dollars worth of points to upgrade one item lol. Overall nice work here, im impressed with HCS on this one!

#172 Gooner111

Gooner111

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 71 posts
  • Ireland

Posted 16 December 2013 - 14:07

Might be interesting to know who "we" is. Not everyone sits in a guild that gives its members +20% damage from relic bonuses. And the critters keep getting harder with no update on hunting sets since level 1600. So this part of "we" certainly doesn't agree with this statement

Maybe I should have been clearer in my post but was tired so made a general statement more or less.

Based my 'we' on those similar to my own build.... meaning those in guilds with relic bonus's, those that puchace potions like beserk 350, enchant weapon 1.5k, wither 350 etc and those that load up on buffs like smashing hammer, coordinated attack, death dealer, armor boost etc etc when leveling and those that have their level up points assigned to damage.

My view that the extra stats are not needed is based on my experience of one hitting without forging (if remember correctly last thing I forged for leveling was before level 1k) now for a long time. And the reason I have been able to do so is because of buffs and potions available in the game. Oh and as you pointed out the relic bonus (can't forget that)...

As for relic bonus, maybe am wrong here?, but you can only get 10% max to stats. Not 20%.

I was in a guild for 10 months or so that wasn't known for leveling. Their relics usually centered around attack/defence rather than damage. Some days they had a damage relic and others they didn't. If I was leveling on a day they didn't I got around that by using stronger pots like EA 200, the enchant boots, rune, etc potions. Didn't forge my gear.

And given its a discussion about hellforging I will add in bit on topic....

I much prefer Staid's view on forging. Cut the cost and make it much cheaper for everyone :-)

#173 Hoofmaster

Hoofmaster

Company Director

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,357 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 18 December 2013 - 18:38

It's looking like the update will go live tomorrow - I'll keep you updated though! :)

#174 Kedyn

Kedyn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 698 posts
  • Badge

Posted 18 December 2013 - 19:32

It's looking like the update will go live tomorrow - I'll keep you updated though! :)

Thanks for keeping us up-to-date on this Hoof! I'm going to make a general statement and say the community appreciates it! :)

#175 cyrus7

cyrus7

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,562 posts
  • Badge

Posted 18 December 2013 - 20:33

That would be awesome, hoof. I would really like to forge some stuff this weekend... ;)

#176 rowbeth

rowbeth

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,108 posts

Posted 18 December 2013 - 22:11

Maybe I should have been clearer in my post but was tired so made a general statement more or less.

Too tired is something I can certainly understand. The thing I wanted to point out is that some of us really can use that 10% bonus.

I use all the buffs you mentioned, but don't have the relic bonuses. With this set-up I am now finding that about 20% of the creatures are 3-hitters, and 70% 2-hitters. I can deal with the latter using wither 450 potions, but the former is driving me to higher and higher levels of CA. This is in large part because damage sets haven't improved since level 1600 while the creatures keep getting stronger, but it does mean that I could really use an extra 10% damage. And don't think its unreasonable that I'd prefer not to have to join a large guild to get it. For those reasons I think the 10% hellforging bonus is a very good move.

#177 tharzill

tharzill

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 728 posts

Posted 19 December 2013 - 16:23

Are we still on for today hoof/  :)

#178 Hoofmaster

Hoofmaster

Company Director

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,357 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 19 December 2013 - 16:26

Are we still on for today hoof/  :)

It's very close, but I'd prefer do a little more testing and release it tomorrow. I've taken a screenshot of the new preview feature however (note the values on it aren't accurate at the moment)  :)

hellforge_preview.jpg

#179 tharzill

tharzill

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 728 posts

Posted 19 December 2013 - 16:28

Looks good hoof! Thanks! I'm with you on taking a tad longer and having it right!   :D

#180 duktayp

duktayp

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,393 posts

Posted 23 December 2013 - 18:25

for the curious, i just fully forged my level 1194 Molzar Troll rune

total cost was about 24 fsp

10 fsp + 14 sold in marketplace for the gold needed

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users