9 replies to this topic

#1 Vladimir00

Vladimir00

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 114 posts

Posted 24 February 2014 - 09:15

...Well, that, or Serenity is broken.

Okay, so I was doing the lvl 25 "Under the Sea" arena with some friends, and when we got to the final boss, our healer had some issues.

Now, we already knew that the boss could cast a spell that kept the healer from healing, but I was told in the past that the buff could be removed with Serenity. Well, after we wiped, my healer told me that she cast serenity on herself 3 times (I even cast it on her once when I saw that she still wasn't healing). Apparently, the debuff icon went away when she cast serenity, but the debuff itself stayed and she still couldn't heal.

Is this a bug, or did the developers decide to make the spell immune to Serenity? And if they did... how do they expect a bunch of lvl 25-30s to beat the boss with no heals?

I'm also curious if the to3 version of Viridian has this bug as well, since I'm not high enough to attempt that dungeon, yet.

Edited by Vladimir00, 24 February 2014 - 09:20.

#2 ernzor

ernzor

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,153 posts
  • Badge
  • Australia

Posted 24 February 2014 - 10:17

Happened (happens?) in the Kongar WB fight too

Naked pirate will be back!

When lvl 50 is here

#3 ZooksterGaming

ZooksterGaming

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,495 posts
  • Badge
  • Sweden

Posted 24 February 2014 - 10:59

Im pretty sure you need to cast it on the guy that need to be healed. Not the healer.

If the debuff is on the healer, it doesnt prevent him/her from healing.

But if the debuff is on the tank, it prevents the healer to Heal the tank until someone used sernity on the tank.

91ig7l.png

| Zook (45) Prophet | Arumat (45) Warrior | Samoorai (45) Templar |

| Crystal Cutting - 45 | Farming - 40 | Fishing - 23 | Foraging - 45 | Forestry - 45 | Prospecting - 45 | Skinning - 45 |

| Alchemy - 45 | Armorsmithing - 45 | Cooking - 45 | Jewelry - 45 | Leatherworking - 45 | Tailoring - 45 | Weaponsmithing - 40 |

#4 Vladimir00

Vladimir00

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 114 posts

Posted 25 February 2014 - 15:43

Im pretty sure you need to cast it on the guy that need to be healed. Not the healer.

If the debuff is on the healer, it doesnt prevent him/her from healing.

But if the debuff is on the tank, it prevents the healer to Heal the tank until someone used sernity on the tank.

Oh... I'll have to test that next time to find out if that's the case. For some reason, we were under the impression that the spell was cast on the healer and rendered the target unable to heal, not cast on the tank and rendering it unable to be healed.

Edited by Vladimir00, 25 February 2014 - 15:44.

#5 ComradeLewis

ComradeLewis

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 611 posts
  • Badge

Posted 26 February 2014 - 07:40

I have done that one as a prophet several times and I am completely skill locked for about 1 minute. Serenity does nothing, and it's impossible to even cast any healing skills. The majority of the team is dead by the time I can cast a skill, so this arena always leads us to a loss.

I am at a loss about what to do about it, unless having the entire team run in circles for 1 minute works. I have not tried that yet.

Edited by ComradeLewis, 26 February 2014 - 07:41.

11/29/13 - 4/29/14 | 4/25/15 - 5/25/15

#6 awollsd

awollsd

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 884 posts

Posted 26 February 2014 - 08:01

i did it several times and it is indeed a "cant not recieve healing" debuff on the target not a "can not heal" on the prophet.. pop serenity on the tank or other player you are wanting to heal and all should be fine...

no longer playing so feel free to ignore more (if i even post) just do still follow forums so MAY comment from time to time. 

#7 ComradeLewis

ComradeLewis

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 611 posts
  • Badge

Posted 26 February 2014 - 19:16

I suppose I'll have to try it again. Of course I have used Serenity every time my team got wiped. The issue is pretty much everyone in the team takes damage, so just healing 1 while the rest of the team dies is a bit harsh.

11/29/13 - 4/29/14 | 4/25/15 - 5/25/15

#8 Susej

Susej

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,092 posts

Posted 28 February 2014 - 14:06

i did it several times and it is indeed a "cant not recieve healing" debuff on the target not a "can not heal" on the prophet.. pop serenity on the tank or other player you are wanting to heal and all should be fine...

How does that work with crimson chain and dark prayer?

If i have the debuff on me and i cast crimson will i iniciate not healing me and healing ppl in range or it will simply not activate?

And DP will it just not heal the debuffed one?

Will benediction and rejuvenate heal over time, since they are dots not actual healing...?

Edited by Susej, 28 February 2014 - 14:07.

OCD POT BREWER HOUSE

Need level 32 pots order here

Need level 40 pots order here

Need Draft pots order here

Need Elixir pots order here

#9 ZooksterGaming

ZooksterGaming

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,495 posts
  • Badge
  • Sweden

Posted 28 February 2014 - 14:19

The debuffed target wont take any healing at all except HP regen (and pots?). I think Rejuvenate/Benediction/Redemption still counts as healing towards this debuff, so you wont get any healing from it.
DP should heal all targets that doesnt have the debuff

Not sure how Crimson Chain will work

Edited by Zook, 28 February 2014 - 14:20.

91ig7l.png

| Zook (45) Prophet | Arumat (45) Warrior | Samoorai (45) Templar |

| Crystal Cutting - 45 | Farming - 40 | Fishing - 23 | Foraging - 45 | Forestry - 45 | Prospecting - 45 | Skinning - 45 |

| Alchemy - 45 | Armorsmithing - 45 | Cooking - 45 | Jewelry - 45 | Leatherworking - 45 | Tailoring - 45 | Weaponsmithing - 40 |

#10 awollsd

awollsd

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 884 posts

Posted 28 February 2014 - 17:22

zook is correct, the debuff doesn't prevent you from casting the skills just prevents the debuffed player to receive the healing. I think snowfall will be the one exception as it isn't healing but regenerating health....

and rejuve and such are indead healing they aren't DoTs they hare HoTs they HEAL a % of your healing power every X seconds while snowfall regenerates % of their max health every X second

no longer playing so feel free to ignore more (if i even post) just do still follow forums so MAY comment from time to time. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: