Photo

Titan Hunting Changes

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
552 replies to this topic

Poll: Do you think this update will give more guilds a chance to participate in Titan Hunting? (331 member(s) have cast votes)

Do you think this update will give more guilds a chance to participate in Titan Hunting?

1. Voted Yes (268 votes [80.97%])

Percentage of vote: 80.97%

2. Voted No (63 votes [19.03%])

Percentage of vote: 19.03%

Vote

#21 Hoofmaster

Hoofmaster

Company Director

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,357 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 07 November 2012 - 15:28

I understand that and was probably bad typing on my part... but i have 20-25 titan hunters in my guild and will put a crunch on all of them that like to do their favorite thing in this whole game.... Making them not be able to hunt certain titans is going to make them not want to log in.... you are already having a problem with inactivity. why mess with it anymore?

I can see your point, however I also think it is important that more guilds can get involved in what I think is a fun aspect of the game :)

#22 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,815 posts
  • Badge

Posted 07 November 2012 - 15:29

Only "secured" 1st place should get the 7 day ban...

We disagree. If that were the case, Guilds would still hammer Titans, preventing other Guilds from trying Titan Hunting out. This ought to get more people playing this section of the game.

I can only hunt 1 titan every 7 days... I guess that's what it is.....

No, you can hunt every other Titan available that you have not placed first in.

I think the days allowed to hunt a Titan after a secure is way to much. 48 hours is plenty IMO. I'd like to add with the 7 days downtime it will only decrease the lag on the game cause many will walk away from the game if this stays implemented

Again, we disagree. See reasons above.

Maybe even 72 hours... but 7 days?

We will be keeping seven days to see how it goes for the foreseeable future.

#23 ventr

ventr

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 15:30

Nice to see something has moved in this.

Titan auto-refresh is nice thing - it will speed up things, and there is a 2s cooldown so it should work fine. Most ppl are well prepared to fight against a titan so I doubt there is a need to see a battle log of it.

As to FFS securing most of titan items - they do it cause they are devoted for titan hunting. What are they supposed to do with very much pool of stam when you do not wan't to hunt or wait for new content?

I would personaly did not ban the guild from fighting the titan - in case they would have got more than 50% of titan HP I would either:
a) give them 1 TKP for each titan kill not the item
B) remove thei kills from titan HP and allow 2-6th guild to get rewards as 1-5th are now.

This would not stop players to get their medals if they want to hunt only 1 kind of titan, and would allow guild which did secure a titan item to earn TKP.
For that 7 day period I would go as far as "they can not secure certain titan, but they still gain 1x TKP for each kill no mather on what place and what bonuses would be applied to TKP based on earned place". Of course this is if I was making the call and was willing to change it at all.

#24 Lahona

Lahona

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 919 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 15:31

Additionally, if using the Classic Map, a Titan will not display on the New Map system. This prevents a 'work around' tactic some players were using to circumvent the recent changes, preventing Titans from appearing on the Classic Map.

Do you mean Old map system?

#25 fs_scrogger

fs_scrogger
  • Guests

Posted 07 November 2012 - 15:31

I'm not a Titan hunter and haven't been for a few reasons. The biggest being that every time I tried to hunt I couldn't even get 50 kills due to the fact that by the time I got to the titan, (I always stayed in a small area and hunted only that area while guild mates hunted others) it was dead. While hunting a few months ago a certain player was seen in EVERY section of the map, not sure how but hey I guess he was just that good. A successful game of any type needs to let the players believe they at least have a chance to succeed otherwise they will give up. That is what has occurred with titan's. This decision will probably tinkle off a few but it is better for the game as a whole as more players being able to at least try their hand at it may give them another reason to log in.

#26 Mongo

Mongo

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,879 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 07 November 2012 - 15:32

Dear HCS guys, I understand the changes, I hope it will work out well, but you could of informed us that this would already take place for titans we killed BEFORE this update!

I just used loads of potions, cost me good FSP, to hunt wickerman, yet I cant kill it, 7 day rule is already in effect.

Any chanc eof my FSP I spent on potions back? :cry:

Visit my shop! Mongo's Emporium for emotes, pets, vanity and more!

#27 jklundt

jklundt

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 15:32

Well good luck with that then BG and the rest of HCS on this issue. From someone who actually plays the game you will simply be putting another nail in the coffin

#28 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,815 posts
  • Badge

Posted 07 November 2012 - 15:33

Additionally, if using the Classic Map, a Titan will not display on the New Map system. This prevents a 'work around' tactic some players were using to circumvent the recent changes, preventing Titans from appearing on the Classic Map.

Do you mean Old map system?

No, the New system. If you have the old map open in one browser and the new map in another, the Titan will not display on either map.

#29 Hoofmaster

Hoofmaster

Company Director

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,357 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 07 November 2012 - 15:34

Well good luck with that then BG and the rest of HCS on this issue. From someone who actually plays the game you will simply be putting another nail in the coffin

Please give the changes some time before making judgement on them.

#30 juggeranut

juggeranut

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 295 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 15:35

I can see your point, however I also think it is important that more guilds can get involved in what I think is a fun aspect of the game :)

I agree titan hunting is a fun aspect of the game...but so is PVP and people are not forced to do that. Yes people might still get gold hit, but there's an opt out for that. Everyone will not participate in every aspect of the game just because you want them to.

7 days is just way to long. 48 - 92 hours should be plenty of time to "ban" a guild from hunting the particular titan. BG said somewhere that some titans don't spawn that much in a 7 day period which is true. Well I propose you bump up the spawn time/amount to be able to lower the 7 day ban.

#31 Mongo

Mongo

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,879 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Also, it is IMPOSSIBLE now to gain a seasonal titan drop from KP's if you place first, then you can only hunt it twice in the 2 weeks right? not enough KP for a titan reward I dont think

#32 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,815 posts
  • Badge

We've seen plenty of feedback from many players detailing various reasons they don't partake in certain parts of the game. This addresses those issues while ensuring that Titan Hunting is fair for all to try.

#33 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,815 posts
  • Badge

Posted 07 November 2012 - 15:36

Also, it is IMPOSSIBLE now to gain a seasonal titan drop from KP's if you place first, then you can only hunt it twice in the 2 weeks right? not enough KP for a titan reward I dont think

Considering the numbers of all Seasonal Titans thus far have been secured, this is not an issue.

#34 Kinkaid

Kinkaid

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 15:36

This would not stop players to get their medals if they want to hunt only 1 kind of titan, and would allow guild which did secure a titan item to earn TKP.
For that 7 day period I would go as far as "they can not secure certain titan, but they still gain 1x TKP for each kill no mather on what place and what bonuses would be applied to TKP based on earned place". Of course this is if I was making the call and was willing to change it at all.

that sounds like a fair idea. No secure possible, but still able to hunt at 1tkp per kill. This would give people that like to titan hunt a fighting shot at still getting the drop while still allowing everyone to be able to hunt it.
If you "eliminated" that guilds kills from the 1st to 5th places. -- for a titan with 5k hp even if a guild that has secured it previously gets 2500 kills, take those off of the total, that would leave the next guild with 1250 kills as the guild that secures, although that might make epics to common

#35 iron300

iron300

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 102 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 15:37

7 Days... Really? With All Respect HCS I Think That 7 days Is TOO MUCH! Maybe 3 Days(at max) but 7 days? Are Gonna Kill Another game aspect like happen with PvP? Thing twice,every year,with every update that you all does to make the game 'Fair',you all lose more and more comunnity. I think that honestly this is a really NOT good idea.

#36 Scathian

Scathian

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 309 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 15:37

I can see why you would want to do something like this, and it makes a certain amount of sense. But 7 days is way to long. 72 hours is plenty long enough to ban a guild from hunting a titan they got first in. And it should only be a secured win as well, even if a guild places first (say they got 49% of the TKP) they get double that TKP as a bonus reward. That would leave them with about 5500-6000 TKP against Tsuiki (my numbers are wrong most likely, sorry). This means it would take 3 weeks to get a drop, and they need to place first 2 or 3 times instead of just once. Overall I just think that this shuts out the titan hunters for way too long.

#37 Wesleysdf

Wesleysdf

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,011 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 15:38

We all know where this is going. The epic items's price will decrease even faster and soon titan hunting won't be desireable anymore

Now watch people solo securing the titans, specially the seasonal titans

#38 Mongo

Mongo

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,879 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 07 November 2012 - 15:38

Considering the numbers of all Seasonal Titans thus far have been secured, this is not an issue.

What I mean Grim, is if you place 1st with say 2000 KP, then you have to wait 7 days, then place 1st for 2000 KP, even with the bonus, you still would not have enough KP to get the titan reward? I hope that makes sense :)

#39 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,815 posts
  • Badge

Posted 07 November 2012 - 15:39

As we've said, we'll keep this system in place for a while and see how it does.

#40 Kontiki

Kontiki

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 471 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 15:40

I'm afraid this isnt a very good idea hoof..

Some guilds and players has titan hunting as their main or sole aspect of play.. They are always trying to get first cause thats the goal of titan hunting.. For these active titan hunters I think this change could be discouraging. If all you want to do is titan hunt and you only can hunt the ones you're interested in once a week because you happen to have the best team, you wont have much interest in logging on anymore..

The possible consequences of this change could be hard to fix at a later time..

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: