Photo

Titan Hunting Changes

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
552 replies to this topic

Poll: Do you think this update will give more guilds a chance to participate in Titan Hunting? (331 member(s) have cast votes)

Do you think this update will give more guilds a chance to participate in Titan Hunting?

1. Voted Yes (268 votes [80.97%])

Percentage of vote: 80.97%

2. Voted No (63 votes [19.03%])

Percentage of vote: 19.03%

Vote

#541 murabane

murabane

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 261 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 04:36

How is it laziness by being apart of a smaller guild and not having the necessary number of members to secure a titan drop over a large guild and their team? Still curious about that, and why does everyone consider this to be giving out free epics... you still have to burn the stamina and compete against other players and guilds!

#542 fs_bobdole321

fs_bobdole321
  • Guests

Posted 09 November 2012 - 05:36

How is it laziness by being apart of a smaller guild and not having the necessary number of members to secure a titan drop over a large guild and their team? Still curious about that, and why does everyone consider this to be giving out free epics... you still have to burn the stamina and compete against other players and guilds!

TTF and FFS are going to be upset.. there is no need to continue to try and please them.. they are upset that smaller guilds will now have a shot and they can't control the market because they have people who ONLY titan hunt and there are accusations that they possibly cheat with code.. Smaller guilds shouldn't have to join a top 100 guild to even have a SHOT at hitting a creature. They say Recruit.. right because if someone has the choice in a titan guild they are going to go to the one offering nothing vs one with an established Titan team..

HCS you should ignore the crying from the two guilds.. they won't be happy because they can't price gouge any more.

#543 Denyza

Denyza

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 735 posts
  • Indonesia

Posted 09 November 2012 - 06:36

I like how this thread proves that a lot of people know us more than ourselves. :lol:

LastSignature_zps9cb1e771.jpg

#544 Windbattle

Windbattle

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,707 posts
  • Badge

Posted 09 November 2012 - 07:26

In my personal opinion this update is extremely unfair. Sure my guild gets lots of drops and we have a lot of TKP's but the point is we work together as a guild to get these. We DO NOT have just a few people hunting Titans constantly we have half the guild helping to secure these items. I feel like this is a direct stab at bigger guilds who actually use teamwork. To be fair with you most of us don't have a super fast internet connection but our teamwork is what gets us these items. Why should we be punished because we work together and get these items.

what makes you think other guilds do not work as a team to also secure drops, or at least some points?

be fair..some guilds are so small that even if all members able to hunt the titan are online, there will still be only 3-4 players at the most from that guild hunting said titan. in my guild I am the only player able to hunt at least 2 of the titans, and those I never go for as there is no point, and I cant kill them anyway I guess...and if one guild big enough to hunt the higher ones are unable to for a week it just means some others will be also able to maybe secure an item

What makes YOU think that Titan hunting is not fair. Everyone has the same chance as everyone else! Recruit more players. Get a bunch of people together. Why should I not be able to hunt because of your laziness? Why should YOU get a FREE epic without any competition when my guild and I work our butts off to get the epics we have?

I've spoken to your founder actually and he said straight up that you guys use additional programs to get an advantage. so i wouldn't go there.

The rule isn't going to change so adapt and move on. The same thing could be said of the GvG update earlier this year. Adapt or die simple as that.

#545 Splash

Splash

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 250 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 08:28

LOL ... 37 pages ... Seriously?

*Empties the buckets of tears*

Gonna cause a tsunami at this rate!

#546 hades8840

hades8840

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,438 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 11:02

LOL ... 37 pages ... Seriously?

*Empties the buckets of tears*

Gonna cause a tsunami at this rate!

topics that tip the barrel will always make everyone and his multi come out in anger

#547 Sags

Sags

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 11:26

Why do I not titan hunt more? Actually it's not because titan-hunting is dominated by two or three guilds, it's simply because there aren't enough titans!

For example, at the moment, I wouldn't mind hunting a titan but apart from the elementals there is only an Epidemicus available and I can't even hit that one. I can't sit around for hours waiting for one to come later, because I have RL stuff to do, I'd just like titans available when I have some time to play the game.

So to me the solution is simple, just have many more titans showing up. Sure that means more epics will enter the game and therefore their price will go down, and I'm sure this will lead to complaints from purely profit-motivated players. But as we have been assured that the titan guilds do it purely for fun, I'm sure they will support this idea.

Great to see the Cows are planning different titans, so let's see more types of titans more often please. If you're really serious about wanting this aspect of the game to be more available to a wider range of players, then just make sure there is always a choice of at least three titans (preferably more) to hunt at any time.

I think this will give a fairer playing field to all. TTF/FFS players won't be banned because their guild mates went hunting when they were asleep, and real hard-core titaneers won't be able to dominate all the time because they won't have enough stamina. This is the real way to make titan-hunting more "democratic".

#548 berten

berten

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 11:57

I havent read the 30+ pages of feedback so my views may have been stated before.

My feelings about this are double:

I will start with the positive feeling: This update will let more guilds enjoy titanhunting, i can only be glad for that. In my guild i have allready noticed a big interest in titanhunting since the update, without even organizing anything yet. Little adjustement that i would make is: to only apply the ban if the titan is secured, not when the guild finished first without securing.

Then the negative feeling: I feel this update is only the next best thing: cheaters and scripters are ruining the titanhunting for those who do not have those 'skills', or those who do not wish to cheat. It has been like that from the start of titans a few years ago. That is the main thing that drives players/guilds away from titanhunting. HCS has only stated that they dont allow those things, but they have never done anything about it. So that means they are not capable of catching them. These things are going on for years, and havent stopped with previous warnings, and i dont see them stopping now either. This new update only proves it: they can keep doing what they do, but just not all the time.

Please note that i dont name guilds or players in this post. Its not my job to catch the cheaters. There is no way i can prove these kind of things either. I can only talk from my experience. My experiences in titanhunting include: a single guy securing a titan coming in an hour after it spawns, taking almost all kills against 15 to 20 other guys while he covers the whole map. At the same time this guy arrives my map goes all laggy too. This is the reason why i dont titanhunt. I am quite competitive if i am not against such a player, but these things happening ruins it.

My 2,
Berten

#549 atusH54

atusH54

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 76 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 13:15

I've spoken to your founder actually and he said straight up that you guys use additional programs to get an advantage. so i wouldn't go there.

The rule isn't going to change so adapt and move on. The same thing could be said of the GvG update earlier this year. Adapt or die simple as that.

Which program would that be? I highly doubt that he spoke with you. If you have proof of that, why don't you show them to HCS? I really want to see that screenshot. I'm really sick of this thread which mostly consists of accusations to TTF and FFS. This topic is for feedback so stay on it. I really wonder when did this claimed conversation take place cause our guild founder is off for 2 days b4 this update.

#550 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,815 posts
  • Badge

Posted 09 November 2012 - 14:11

A whole bunch of additional flamebaiting and accusations removed.

Behave yourselves people or warnings will be handed out.

#551 Hee

Hee

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 14:42

Are we getting the cooldown sorted out today then grim as mentioned yesterday?

#552 atusH54

atusH54

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 76 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 15:09

Are we getting the cooldown sorted out today then grim as mentioned yesterday?

Before that, Hcs needs to correct their announcement. In the announcement, it says : if a Guild places first against a Titan, they will not be able to hunt that particular Titan again for seven days. They don't say you will not be able to hunt it if placed other than 1st. They need to correct this then add a cooldown then finally release some new titans and can we have an estimated arrival time on new titans?

#553 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,815 posts
  • Badge

Posted 09 November 2012 - 15:26

Please see THIS new thread.

*Locked*

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users