Photo

Titan Hunting Changes

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
552 replies to this topic

Poll: Do you think this update will give more guilds a chance to participate in Titan Hunting? (331 member(s) have cast votes)

Do you think this update will give more guilds a chance to participate in Titan Hunting?

1. Voted Yes (268 votes [80.97%])

Percentage of vote: 80.97%

2. Voted No (63 votes [19.03%])

Percentage of vote: 19.03%

Vote

#41 Lostdog

Lostdog

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 28 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 15:40

If you make it so that 1st place gets ban for 7 days, it is impossible to get enough epic TKP for the seasonal titans. If you get 2000kills on a Tommy and get first place, you get 4000tkp and the next time you get first place but dont secure you only have 8000tkp and your not allowed to hunt the titan for the rest of the event as its only 14days long. This means you HAVE to secure the titan in order to get a drop (at least for the seasonal titans) Which makes this a lot harder for other guilds to do.

#42 C4RPY

C4RPY

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 803 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 15:41

I think the changes are good and should be given a chance...

I see most of the guys complaining about the changes are the guys/guilds that currently dominate the Titan Hunting aspect of the game. As HCS mentioned, the changes made are to try and get more players taking part in Titans, I think this will entice more to give it a shot if they are not continuously over run by a certain few guilds simply out numbered them.

#43 fs_scrogger

fs_scrogger
  • Guests

Posted 07 November 2012 - 15:42

I see most of the guys complaining about the changes are the guys/guilds that currently dominate the Titan Hunting aspect of the game. As HCS mentioned, the changes made are to try and get more players taking part in Titans, I think this will entice more to give it a shot if they are not continuously over run by a certain few guilds simply out numbered them.

+1

#44 Kinkaid

Kinkaid

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

I'm afraid this isnt a very good idea hoof..

Some guilds and players has titan hunting as their main or sole aspect of play.. They are always trying to get first cause thats the goal of titan hunting.. For these active titan hunters I think this change could be discouraging. If all you want to do is titan hunt and you only can hunt the ones you're interested in once a week because you happen to have the best team, you wont have much interest in logging on anymore..

The possible consequences of this change could be hard to fix at a later time..

Exactly my thinking. It is hard to get people to log back in after they have given up hope that things will be changing any time soon

I do not have much time for titan hunting although I do enjoy it. I am part of a guild that has an excellent titan hunting team. I am not saying that the changes might not be good in certain ways but i strongly feel that a "ban" from the titan is not the right course of action. It would be better to allow anyone to hunt just take the possibility of a secure away for a week so everyone has a chance, even making it possible to secure with less kills for the other guilds currently hunting the titan.

#45 Lostdog

Lostdog

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 28 posts

It is a good idea, just needs to be 3-4 days instead of 7 because if your guild gets first place now but doesnt secure the titan you cant hunt it at all again til next year.

#46 Mongo

Mongo

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,879 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 07 November 2012 - 15:43

As we've said, we'll keep this system in place for a while and see how it does.

Ok lets hope with player feedback, and some "tweaks" this will continue to be fun for experienced titan hunters, and also other guilds to enjoy it too...

Can I quote myself for 2 answers please Grim or Hoof? :)

A guild member just mentioned something to me... so say 5 players get together, they can hunt titan, place first, then just keep creating new guilds to hunt it everytime... will this be abusable? Worth thinking about.

Dear HCS guys, I understand the changes, I hope it will work out well, but you could of informed us that this would already take place for titans we killed BEFORE this update!

I just used loads of potions, cost me good FSP, to hunt wickerman, yet I cant kill it, 7 day rule is already in effect.

Any chanc eof my FSP I spent on potions back? :cry:

Visit my shop! Mongo's Emporium for emotes, pets, vanity and more!

#47 cramble27

cramble27

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 122 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 15:44

Can you just verify when this took effect. I helped hunt a Fuvayu last night and my guild got 1st place (but not 50% of the kills). If Fuvayu spawns today or tomorrow, can we still hunt it, or do we need to wait 7 days?

Also, what happens if a person tries to kill a titan that their guild recently did get 1st place on? Does an error message appear or are they allowed to kill it but just not get TKP? I am just curious.

#48 Nagoyaka

Nagoyaka

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 493 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 15:45

First, if a Guild places first against a Titan, they will not be able to hunt that particular Titan again for seven days. This change is to ensure all guilds have an opportunity to secure a Titan win. We feel this is particularly important with new and seasonal Titans.

This is just the WRONG way to solve this! You should make a solution that also don't prevent players from playing. Anyone should be able to hunt any titan whenever that titan is spawned (as long they meet level requirement). To make it a fair chance for anyone to win a titan, it would be better to add some waiting time between every map move so it would be equal to everyone, no matter what connection they have. Please make a solution for this that makes if fair, but at same time don't prevent us from playing. If prevented to play... then I can't see any reason to play :?

#49 Scathian

Scathian

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 309 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 15:46

Regardless of what I said in my last post, I hope that you stick to this :) You guys took a lot of flak for caving to whiny people during the global event. You probably could have chosen a better length for the titan ban, but what's done is done, for now at least.

#50 jklundt

jklundt

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 101 posts

Well good luck with that then BG and the rest of HCS on this issue. From someone who actually plays the game you will simply be putting another nail in the coffin

We've seen plenty of feedback from many players detailing various reasons they don't partake in certain parts of the game. This addresses those issues while ensuring that Titan Hunting is fair for all to try.

Based off the reaction of the 7 day downtime it was misinterpreted then. I'm not saying a downtime isn't needed but 7 days is to much to me

#51 Mongo

Mongo

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,879 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Can you just verify when this took effect. I helped hunt a Fuvayu last night and my guild got 1st place (but not 50% of the kills). If Fuvayu spawns today or tomorrow, can we still hunt it, or do we need to wait 7 days?

Also, what happens if a person tries to kill a titan that their guild recently did get 1st place on? Does an error message appear or are they allowed to kill it but just not get TKP? I am just curious.

You cant hunt it for 7 days cramble, I just tried with wickerman, when you attack, you get the message "your guild snot eligible, 7 days" something like that

#52 Lostdog

Lostdog

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 28 posts

Also please add a feature into the scout tower that states clearly when we are able to hunt the titan again please.

#53 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,815 posts
  • Badge

Posted 07 November 2012 - 15:47

For these active titan hunters I think this change could be discouraging.

At this point in time there are thirteen titans in the game. Fifteen if you count the Seasonals. That's plenty of titans to hunt. Furthermore, if this results in more and more newer Guilds giving Titan hunting a shot, we'd introduce more Titans across multiple levels.

#54 ventr

ventr

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 15:47

And what if some1 is guildless and does solo titan-hunt? I suppose he/she is banned from titan hunt. But then he joins a guild... and a guild places 1st and a player is leaving - is he/she banned from that titan or not?

Besides - I did some titan hunting yesterday and it was annoying at first - get to titan and oops - he moves. But then again - it was a challenge to get there and grab some kills :D

#55 Revitalize

Revitalize

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 105 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 15:48

+1

+1 :)

#56 Mongo

Mongo

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,879 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 07 November 2012 - 15:49

At this point in time there are thirteen titans in the game. Fifteen if you count the Seasonals. That's plenty of titans to hunt. Furthermore, if this results in more and more newer Guilds giving Titan hunting a shot, we'd introduce more Titans across multiple levels.

Now that sounds promising! :)

#57 insaner6

insaner6

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 276 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 15:49

So, if one of the other 123 people of my guild decides to solo a Titan, I am will not be able to play this game for 1 week. In the other thread, were you trying to find a way to bring new players to fs? Because with this new rule,you are driving existing players away.

all i get, is that with this update, you are not letting ppl to play this game.

#58 Revitalize

Revitalize

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 105 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 15:50

i think you should do that anyways. i think there should at least be 1 epic in the 20-60 area again. and maybe a lvl 150 epic? just some ideas on what levels.

#59 Maehdros

Maehdros

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,330 posts
  • Canada

Posted 07 November 2012 - 15:51

So, if one of the other 123 people of my guild decides to solo a Titan, I am will not be able to play this game for 1 week.

Arena, GvG, PvP, Ladder, inventing, SE hunting, etc ALOT of stuff to do with time and stam :)

#60 jbhouse

jbhouse

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 47 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 15:51

i fully agree with C4RPY on this. the only guys complaining are the one who are going to have to share a chance for other guilds not able to compete with large organized titan titan hunting guilds. Is it really that big of a deal that after you get a titan item then for the next 7 days others can have a try at it? you can basically get at least 1 of each titan item per week and im pretty sure that's plenty. give some other guys a chance to enjoy titan hunting too.

on a side note, i personally stopped trying it because when my guild would take in 3-4 guys to hunt and we would split the map in 4 squares the same guys would be killing it in the very top left corner and then the very bottom right corner all in the same 2 seconds, (which is obviously not possible for someone actually hitting the move keys in person and not scripting)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: