Photo

More Active PvP

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
118 replies to this topic

Poll: Do you agree with this change? (226 member(s) have cast votes)

Do you agree with this change?

1. Voted Yes (137 votes [60.62%])

Percentage of vote: 60.62%

2. Voted No (89 votes [39.38%])

Percentage of vote: 39.38%

Vote

#21 murabane

murabane

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 261 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 00:54

I like the idea but i not sure it will do anything at all Hoof.

MOST of your PvP players have already jumped ship and are inactive now. I've also noticed with this game,, you are either a pvper or your a leveler. most players are not both.

My thought is to make it somewhat more interesting..

I'm not sure what is needed but this change will have little to no impact on your proposal.

Also, the ability to bounty someone 10x because they hit you 10x destroyed PvP as well.

Change it back to being able to only bounty 1x regardless of how many attacks. that might revive PvP again. You can maybe get someone to loss 1 level with 10 100 stams. but being able to bounty that player 10 times gives that player the ability to loss 50 levels.. not fair at all..

I have to agree here there is so much more to lose now accepting bounties so more players are hesitant to accept them, especially those who have never tried a bounty. Kinda hard to explain to new players in the game they can earn some gold if they win or lose a ton of levels if they aren't the first to 10 hits. Its really a bad ratio and should go back to the old way.

#22 chronyc

chronyc

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 00:58

I'm all for it.... I've never used the PvP protection. sure "some" people will be upset but oh well, this game needs some kinda boost.... I think this idea you have might help. so yeah I voted "yes" :D

#23 slayer6x6

slayer6x6

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 01:04

agree with this so my vote is yes and + can re pleas have a free reset soon on the skills to
pleas or can re buy it whit gold or som thing to pleas that well be nice :)

#24 Kendiosa

Kendiosa

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 276 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 01:05

I think the Bounty Board changes have had more impact than the PvP protection.

Although I don't do much PvP at all, it has always been a major part of the game (except recently) - yet I've always found it odd that you can buy out of that part of the game.

#25 Leos3000

Leos3000

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,034 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 01:07

I feel this transition would be better between everyone if you just lowered the max gold protected by a lot down to 1 Mil total and is the same no matter what level you are.

#26 Maehdros

Maehdros

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,330 posts
  • Canada

Posted 14 December 2012 - 01:14

I feel this transition would be better between everyone if you just lowered the max gold protected by a lot down to 1 Mil total and is the same no matter what level you are.

That would still penalize low level players pvping for gold. ( alot less gold in low ranges as compared to higher ones)

#27 Tazarian

Tazarian

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 182 posts
  • Canada

Posted 14 December 2012 - 01:16

I am in full agreement with this change. I seldom PVP but, this is still good for the game.

As someone already stated, the changes to the bounty board has hurt PVPing more then anything else. However, that is for another thread to discuss that issue with.

#28 deusdraco

deusdraco

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 01:31

so what will u be doing to relic that have it? will they be compensated?

#29 Filletminion

Filletminion

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,326 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 01:42

yes yes yes I too would prefer a rollback to pvp of 4 years ago, but alas the game and people have changed a lot since then.

#30 lordthade

lordthade

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 529 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 01:43

Make PvP optional.

Let's see how many people REALLY want to play PvP.

If it's anything like the PvP ladder we already know....

____

I'm fine with returning the Bounty Board to its original incarnation, by the way. And if gold protection IS removed then you might as well remove the upgrade altogether.

____

Gold-on-person SHOULD be hidden. Make the hunters actually hunt.

#31 volcom

volcom

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 236 posts
  • Badge

Posted 14 December 2012 - 01:46

VERY happy to see HCS actually start addressing a pvp issue!

+1 from me

#32 Jashan

Jashan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 43 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 14 December 2012 - 01:47

I am not a fan of PvP and never have been. I don't like that someone can just randomly steal from the hard work that I have done - especially when it comes to leveling (I understand it, just don't like it). Gold is one thing but leave my XP alone when I have done nothing to deserve it. There is a great deal of expense that goes into a hunt with time, pots and buffs - so when you are hit with PvP it is not just the "gold loss" that occurs. The XP needs to be regained and getting the time, pots and buffs for that need to be taken into account when considering the XP loss part. 25 FSP for protect XP is expensive - so lowering that would be appreciated.

I would like to see FS get rid of XP loss altogether, even without an upgrade, for random hits. If you attack someone and get on the BB, are in a war, etc., then that is when the XP loss should kick in.

Keep the gold hits - we need more gold sunk. Or like others have suggested, get more gold upgrades going for components and combat moves.

Overall, the thread/votes seems to be in favor of the change at the moment. I don't expect much support for my comments but wanted to put them out there so at least another side was taken into account.

Thanks -

#33 Denyza

Denyza

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 735 posts
  • Indonesia

Posted 14 December 2012 - 01:47

*open thread
*search for "Deflect"
*word not found
*close thread

LastSignature_zps9cb1e771.jpg

#34 RebornJedi

RebornJedi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,450 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 02:00

*thumbs up* worth a shot to see how it goes..the more bounties the better..

...maybe should try PvP Protection as ONLY a Gold Upgrade...

..tis just a thought..how about adding a XP gain bonus(or some other bonus) for having a certain amount of gold on hand?( would bring more gold into the hands of players and more thieves sniffing around :twisted:

for XP gain you could make it 1x XP gain every (VL * 1,000 +/- gold?)..could have it go up to 10x XP gain or even more, doth you want less? this would promote lots of more PvP at EOC as well ;) ...

#35 Lutrafs

Lutrafs

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 631 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 02:04

There really is no point in pvp protection, gold should not be protected at all, but then the only thing it protects is xp, which we have xp protection for. So why do we need both? I would suggest removing pvp protection completely and maybe reducing the cost for xp protection.

#36 Maehdros

Maehdros

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,330 posts
  • Canada

Posted 14 December 2012 - 02:10

..tis just a thought..how about adding a XP gain bonus(or some other bonus) for having a certain amount of gold on hand?( would bring more gold into the hands of players and more thieves sniffing around :twisted:

for XP gain you could make it 1x XP gain every (VL * 1,000 +/- gold?)..could have it go up to 10x XP gain or even more, doth you want less? this would promote lots of more PvP at EOC as well ;) ...

*drools* It would be fun to do both :mrgreen: ( gold hit and hold gold at the same time lol)

#37 y0da

y0da

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 02:15

I feel that MUCH more effort is needed in order to repair the PVP portion of this game, and I doubt this change will do anything to increase its activity.
For most levelers, PVP has been completely removed from our game and mainly by choice (of not wanting to lose our precious XP). When the Smasher medal was released, we then lost our mercenary rights; but it was by necessity and not by choice. I used to clear bounties on a regular basis until I cleared one (using 10 stamina hits) only to be re-bountied by 2 players using 100 stamina hits, resulting in myself losing 2.5 levels... But for what? Did I deserve to lose 2.5 levels for just performing an honest bounty clearing? I think not.
The solution is simple and clear to me, just dont allow a player that clears a bounty to be placed upon the bounty board just for clearing a bounty. Whats so difficult about that?
Now, this may not revive the PVP problem entirely, but it will surely revive the bounty board for ALL players.

#38 fs_dananile33

fs_dananile33
  • Guests

Posted 14 December 2012 - 02:21

Why not give the pvp hitter a certain percentage of the experience points lost and not just gold?..this would somewhat offset the ability for bounties to so drastically affect the pvper...exp is lost anyway..what do I care if someone else gets it?..if I want it back I'll just have to hit someone else to get it back......

#39 Teuchter

Teuchter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 107 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 02:25

you talk about PvPrs leaving but what about the levelers , They have left also, some of us do not want involved in PvP !! is that so difficult to understand?? There is something intrinsically wrong with the game when players reaching EoC decide the want to lose levels because of boredom, Suddenly everyone pvpers and levelers alike have a smasher medal, and for me that in itself is unethical, I simply do not want to be party of PvP, but I will not earn an easy Smasher medal either, The only time I use the protection is during a hunt , the rest of the time I do not use it , , but if gold option is going to be removed all that will happen is everyone will increase the amount of gold deposits they can make per day , so gold will stil not be plentiful for the pvper, Wee,,

#40 jer

jer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 14 December 2012 - 02:26

I voted no for the simple reason droping the gold protection will just make the protection useless, the problem is the gold protection is to high for people that shouldn't be holding that much anyway, all gold protection should be dropped to around 250k for all levels, any low level player holding more then that deserves to loss it, but new players do need some protection so they can save for the gold upgrades. But nobody needs millions protected because then they can minipulate the market.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: