Photo

Are returning player rewards supporting multi activity?

• Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

#1 silenced

silenced

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 117 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 16:09

I had my mail recently with a new policy from HCS about generating a code for inactive players in order to receive rewards.

I am concerned by this, as it appears that it would promote multi activity. I realise that staff will be checking all players using the generated codes, but how do the players that have a code generated for them receive this code?

Nothing is mentioned when applying for a player code that an email is sent to the inactive player, so it is assumed that the only way that an inactive player can obtain such a generated code is if the two players are known to each other in real life in the first place.

My very first thought when I saw the new initiative was that either this is a very far fetched idea where "friends" living in the same vicinity to each other might pass on a generated code, or more likely, a player has had multi accounts in the past and intends to use the code to further better their main character.

I guess that I am surprised that the active player receives the code and not the inactive player for whom the code was generated and this leads me to think that this idea is either a way to reward multi activity, or it is an idea to "flush out" and discover who might be a multi.

I guess what I don't understand is why the active player would get the code and not the inactive one.

I have inactive friends in FS, but without knowing them away from the game, how am I supposed to get the code to them?

And if an active player does not know inactive players in real life, then how can this benefit the game at all, as it seriously restricts who could possibly benefit from these rewards?

Maybe I jumped the mark a little, and an email is sent to the inactive player for whom the code was generated, but if this is true, why is there no notification of such a mail?

Thought on this please to help enlighten me are appreciated :)

#2 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,815 posts
  • Badge

Posted 11 January 2013 - 16:59

Players who return have to be manually verified by HCS staff to receive rewards. Multies will simply be terminated.

#3 silenced

silenced

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 117 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 17:30

Players who return have to be manually verified by HCS staff to receive rewards. Multies will simply be terminated.

I accept this to be the case, but I don't understand why the generated code is given to the active player and not the inactive one... surely for this idea to be effective, the inactive player should be the one that directly receives the code, not the active player?

Then we could actually try and get bonified players to come back!

I tried the code for a friend that is inactive, but because I don't know the players real life email address, I have wasted one code and my intended player will not receive the code, and so will not return as part of this offer.

This reward, as far as I see, can only benefit players that know each other well in real life, or are the same player, and this is why I raise this point...

#4 RebornJedi

RebornJedi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,450 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 17:52

This reward, as far as I see, can only benefit players that know each other well in real life, or are the same player, and this is why I raise this point...

it is seeming to play out like this..hopefully HCS adds the addition of sending out an email to the inactive player once you generate a code for them.

this new promotion could be an excellent tool to bring old players back to the game..if only it was implemented with a better system

#5 shdowdrgn

shdowdrgn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 633 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 00:18

i also view this as very flawed. there are people i want very much to use this to try and give a reason to come back to the game but i have no way of doing so as i have zero contact info for them off of FS. HCS needs to take this into account. there are a couple people i might try to call back that i do have contact info on in skype but seeing as to how this system is so flawed i am not sure it is worth trying at this time.

this could be a truly great thing for FS but it needs to be modified to take account for certain things like this.

#6 Spitfire666123

Spitfire666123

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,096 posts
  • Badge

Posted 12 January 2013 - 01:32

Grim, a player with multi's could get another player to send them a link, and play on that account for the time period it takes to get the rewards. How do you 'check' these accounts? That they dont share IP address of ANYONE playing FS? Or just the person who invited them back?

#7 aa0007

aa0007

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,379 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 12 January 2013 - 05:42

Grim, a player with multi's could get another player to send them a link, and play on that account for the time period it takes to get the rewards. How do you 'check' these accounts? That they dont share IP address of ANYONE playing FS? Or just the person who invited them back?

Proxy. Not that hard to mask IP address.

That being said, they should make you be able to send a request to a player through HCS email of some sort (to the registered email), as well as provide the current option.

#8 Spitfire666123

Spitfire666123

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,096 posts
  • Badge

Posted 12 January 2013 - 06:06

Proxy. Not that hard to mask IP address.

That being said, they should make you be able to send a request to a player through HCS email of some sort (to the registered email), as well as provide the current option.

Adding to ToU to make it illegal to use proxies, and/or making it impossible to log in via proxy: Not hard to do, and would help with this issue ;)

#9 Denyza

Denyza

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 735 posts
  • Indonesia

Posted 12 January 2013 - 06:47

Sigh...
You guys are making a problem out of something that is next to non-existant in empirical condition.
So if I got this right, the hypothesis would be:
There is this purple making "scheme" in which people would:

1. Create an alt account
2. Play it until he reach lv.20 - with only 500 stamina, mind you
3. Let it go inactive for 3 months
4. Generate recruiting password thing from his main account to his alt account
4. Log in to his alt account again - after 3 months-, use the password, and play it again for another 50 level
5. Keep logging in for another 20 days
6. And if - the keyword here is IF APPROVED - by the cows, it would get him a total of 360 purple; which by then, he would still have to figure out how to transfer 110 purples to his main account without raising cow's suspicion.

Seriously, which sane person would go all through that? It will take around 4 months to do. So before you even argue the possibility of some retard nerd in doing all that, first you need to ask yourself. Would you do it? And answer it honestly, would YOU do it? Because I am sure as hell I won't.

*sarcastic roll eyes

LastSignature_zps9cb1e771.jpg

#10 Spitfire666123

Spitfire666123

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,096 posts
  • Badge

Posted 12 January 2013 - 07:13

Sigh...
You guys are making a problem out of something that is next to non-existant in empirical condition.

1. Create an alt account
4. Log in to his alt account again - after 3 months-, use the password, and play it again for another 50 level
6. And if - the keyword here is IF APPROVED - by the cows, it would get him a total of 360 purple; which by then, he would still have to figure out how to transfer 110 purples to his main account without raising cow's suspicion.

Seriously, which sane person would go all through that? It will take around 4 months to do. So before you even argue the possibility of some retard nerd in doing all that, first you need to ask yourself. Would you do it? And answer it honestly, would YOU do it? Because I am sure as hell I won't.

*sarcastic roll eyes

If you have a friend in FS and you both have multi's that you both know of (it happens) you can share a code to each other's multi's and be free of this 'manual approval' filter.

#11 Splash

Splash

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 250 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 07:25

Sigh...

1. Create an alt account

*sarcastic roll eyes

You make it sound harder than it really is. Sadly the problem lies with already made multies that have 120+days on them, so that knocks off most of the 'work'.

'When the returning player applies your invite code, they will instantly received 30,000 Current Stamina and an epic Phoenix Potion which gives Adept Learner 500 for 48 hours!'

^Destroys the +50lvls part.

So all that is left is logging in on 20 different days. Even for 'just' (each x 5) the 250fsp, that would be worth it to 'some' people.

I would like to see the +30k stam + AL potion given AFTER the player has gained 50 lvls. Then that would truly make it a pain in the arse for someone to level up multi's for this.

#12 Denyza

Denyza

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 735 posts
  • Indonesia

Posted 12 January 2013 - 08:14

Again, this board is stuck in discussing theories and concept with little attachment to actual activity and empirical condition. It's understandable though... people tend to get all hyped up in discussing all the "chances" and "possibilities", with little consideration of the actual, empirical condition on real people.

This is a good example of the very problem which is plaguing modern day people.

On a rather unimportant side note:
It reminds me to H.Babha's hibridity or E.Said orientalism. "Intelligent" people all talk about it like it's the greatest thing since sliced bread, ignoring the fact that the actual practice of both concepts in real life society, are pretty much non-existant. *shudder* God that was stupid.

Anyway, I've said everything I want to say. If it could at least, become food for the thought, then I am happy. If you choose to discuss the theories, and chances, and possibilities, or whatever else, then it's your choice. Just tell me when someone actually get a medal in 20 days.

LastSignature_zps9cb1e771.jpg

#13 silenced

silenced

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 117 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 09:47

My main point here is that the Generated code is going to the wrong person... the active player shouldn't need to see the code at all. Only the inactive player should receive this code, and it would take less than an hour for one of HCS coders to have the generated code sent to the inactive player via the registered email address of the inactive player.

Then this idea could actually benefit the game... which it won't if the only way to get the code to the inactive player is to know that person in real life in the first place.

One of the posters on this thread proposed that the gains be given after reaching 50 lvls and logging in on 20 different days... I think this also is a great idea.

Oh... and if a vote was given, I'd vote yes to ban the use of proxy too. :)

I am still left thinking though that as this idea stands, it would benefit multi's more than it would bring back the real inactive players that FS needs. :/

#14 shindrak

shindrak

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,957 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 10:01

Should fix/improve what made players to go inactive.

#15 Dulcharn

Dulcharn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 760 posts
  • Badge

Posted 12 January 2013 - 13:07

I don't think it will fix the problem - it'll just make former players come back for 20 days, and then leave again. And I'm sure it will only encourage multis to log in.

If the arena moved 10 times faster than it does now, then I think I would be online more and stay online longer!

I just logged on 15 minutes ago to see all the empty arena slots. I know those same slots were there yesterday, because I scan the arena everyday. They make me log off and not want to participate. It has been said by many players before: the arena is so slow. Reasons?
A. I don't want to wait a whole day for a tournament to start, so I'll simply refrain from entering.
B. It's not worth my time to figure out a setup and the moves, when I haven't seen previous tourney results of the same day.
C. The 2% chance hit-rule in non-move tourneys hardly kicks in for armor setups, and thus allowing defense setups to win against defense setups with a ridiculous luck factor.
D. The thrill of participating in the arena has been lost, due to the continually decreasing players who used to frequent the arena.

Solution to speeding up the arena:
1. re-introduce more 4-man tourneys (50% 4-man for gold rewards and low value items and 50% 16-man for high value items)
2. rotate the rewards every Friday of the week to get players to return for the early pickings in the weekend
3. introduce an area for 2-man tourneys for extra fast duels, maybe for a fixed reward of 25k gold, entry fee 10k gold (?)

#16 shindrak

shindrak

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,957 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 14:02

I don't think it will fix the problem - it'll just make former players come back for 20 days, and then leave again. And I'm sure it will only encourage multis to log in.

If the arena moved 10 times faster than it does now, then I think I would be online more and stay online longer!

I just logged on 15 minutes ago to see all the empty arena slots. I know those same slots were there yesterday, because I scan the arena everyday. They make me log off and not want to participate. It has been said by many players before: the arena is so slow. Reasons?
A. I don't want to wait a whole day for a tournament to start, so I'll simply refrain from entering.
B. It's not worth my time to figure out a setup and the moves, when I haven't seen previous tourney results of the same day.
C. The 2% chance hit-rule in non-move tourneys hardly kicks in for armor setups, and thus allowing defense setups to win against defense setups with a ridiculous luck factor.
D. The thrill of participating in the arena has been lost, due to the continually decreasing players who used to frequent the arena.

Solution to speeding up the arena:
1. re-introduce more 4-man tourneys (50% 4-man for gold rewards and low value items and 50% 16-man for high value items)
2. rotate the rewards every Friday of the week to get players to return for the early pickings in the weekend
3. introduce an area for 2-man tourneys for extra fast duels, maybe for a fixed reward of 25k gold, entry fee 10k gold (?)

Yea thats the point of my post.. fix what what made players quit before we lose more :)
agreed for most of what you said about arena, but i think 2 man tourneys would make it abusable .. multi'es and friends help each other to get easy medal.

2-man tourney should be new "pvp ladder" Include Exp loss and cost stamina to join .. that would be real fun :)

Arena tokens will improve arena very well tho... as i see many players liked it as they are frustrated from their bad luck and losing lots of finals

#17 yotwehc

yotwehc

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,942 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 18:15

I would add E.
E. ok. Did decent in novice getting smoked in standard. Why would I keep trying if I can't even pass the first round? Yes I suck but I should at least know why I'm losing?

#18 Dulcharn

Dulcharn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 760 posts
  • Badge

Posted 12 January 2013 - 22:34

I would add E.
E. ok. Did decent in novice getting smoked in standard. Why would I keep trying if I can't even pass the first round? Yes I suck but I should at least know why I'm losing?

the answer to your question could be anything from this list:
- your attack was too low
- your defense was too low
- your arm/dam ratio wasn't good enough
- your def/att ratio wasn't good enough
- your damage wasn't high enough
- you're not changing your moves enough, or not in the right places

But my point was more about the community's interest in the arena, and less concerned with one player losing in the arena.

I agree with shindrak - 2-man tourneys will be abused by multis/ friends to get easy medals. And I like the idea of re-inventing the PvP-ladder.
The arena deserves more attention too. See my suggestions above.

#19 shdowdrgn

shdowdrgn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 633 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 00:11

how does a thread about returning players end up on arena.....

#20 Spitfire666123

Spitfire666123

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,096 posts
  • Badge

Posted 13 January 2013 - 00:46

how does a thread about returning players end up on arena.....

Because people assume people quit due to Arena, and think that people would be more likely to come back if Arena was better.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: