Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,879 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 02 May 2013 - 23:12

Real World Trading

You may not advertise the intent to or commit the act of buying (excluding direct purchases from Hunted Cow Studios Ltd), selling, trading, sharing, or transferring access to any game account, game points or any other commodities within the game for money, money's worth or commodities out with the game. Game accounts are non-transferrable under any circumstances. All game accounts, characters, items, game points, and other commodities within the game are the sole property of Hunted Cow Studios Ltd. The selling for money or trading of any these items is a breach of this Agreement.

If players can advertise themselves naked on the BB, what is the difference... in offering free GvG conflicts/rating, trading pvp prestige/rating?.... I see that offering GvG/PvP prestige is  banned....

Please ban the "me is naked, smack my bum" trading too.

Thankyou  :P

Visit my shop! Mongo's Emporium for emotes, pets, vanity and more!

#2 hmfic

hmfic

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 92 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 02:41

This is often done and usually for 1 reason. They want to be deleveled for certain reasons

A. PvP/GvG (I deleveled 45 levels to opt into a lower ladder a few months back, gained 20 levels back and found a juicy GvG target so deleveled 18 levels last week)

B. They want to earn more XP for their guild and are sitting at EoC

There is nothing wrong with this....The Prestige transfer on the BB is minimal and 1k stam for 10 prestige is very unlikely to be abused

#3 T1GER69

T1GER69

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 153 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 03 May 2013 - 08:34

This is often done and usually for 1 reason. They want to be deleveled for certain reasons

A. PvP/GvG (I deleveled 45 levels to opt into a lower ladder a few months back, gained 20 levels back and found a juicy GvG target so deleveled 18 levels last week)

There is nothing wrong with this....The Prestige transfer on the BB is minimal and 1k stam for 10 prestige is very unlikely to be abused

May be not but it is not at all funny for the people that is constantly getting hit by these bullies :angry:

#4 Removed8950

Removed8950

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 183 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 15:18

May be not but it is not at all funny for the people that is constantly getting hit by these bullies :angry:

LOL... Well, if you want them to stop hitting you I'd say don't post a bounty.

Removing the ability to Bounty a PvP Ladder attack is something I've been thinking about. If enough people want it, I don't see why not. It might be a relatively easy tweak, unlike the rest of the suggestions.

#5 wil72

wil72

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,554 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 19:48

I don't think the originator of this topic is concerned if it's right or wrong if you appear on the BB in your birthday suit and advertise to all that you are there nor why players do it. I think their more concerned that doing so is in breach of Fallen Sword rules.

" Offer 'Free Reputation Points' or suggest in any way that your guild will allow a victory in Guild Conflicts. "

Highlighted is one of the statements you are not to make in the FS Shout Box.

Could some clever chappie explain to me the difference between the above statement and advertising that you are naked on the BB and get your 100 stam hits in towards your Smasher Medal and free PvP Prestige. As to me they are in essence the same. So if one is not allowed then neither should the other.

Cheers.

wil72

#6 Denyza

Denyza

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 735 posts
  • Indonesia

Posted 03 May 2013 - 21:55

1. Prestige points and Smasher Medal are different with RP points. They are not trade-able for profit and frankly virtually next to worthless, just for bragging rights at best
2. The rule is "Guild Conflict" verbatim. Your own interpretation is irrelevant.
3. Finding GvG target is much harder than bounty targets, as they are all listed in the board. Therefore posting FSBox is much more vital for GvG. Restriction to make FSBox post would hardly make any difference for deleveling via bounty.
3. How cares. The Bounty Board is dead anyway.
4. Getting butt-naked is a basic human right.
5. I am a clever chappie with Master degree in Sociology, scored 3,68 GPA out of 4,00.
6. Unfortunately I still can't count well.
7. Cats are cuter than dog.
8. Chuck Norris.

LastSignature_zps9cb1e771.jpg

#7 wil72

wil72

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,554 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 22:41

1. So what if Guild RP is different to Prestige Points or Smasher Medal, its irrelevant.

2. Irrelevant? In what way? The rule states " Guild Conflicts " but the wording " allow victory " could also be applied to " allowing to be beaten on the BB ".

3. Hard to find a GvG target? For who? You?

3. Bounty Board may be dead but there is no need to try and rejuvenate it with nakedness.

4. Just don't go Rambling. http://www.bbc.co.uk...pshire-22249929

5. Cleverer than I, I only have a Masters Degree in Beer Drinking.

7. I use an abucus but I'm still not proficient.

7. Their also better with BBQ sauce.

8. Steven Seagal.

Cheers.

wil72

#8 Denyza

Denyza

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 735 posts
  • Indonesia

Posted 04 May 2013 - 03:39

So basically I disagree with your opinion, therefore I am wrong.

Got it. Thanks.

#9 wil72

wil72

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,554 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 12:35

Debate is dead. Bummer :(

Cheers.

wil72

#10 Removed8950

Removed8950

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 183 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 17:10

1. So what if Guild RP is different to Prestige Points or Smasher Medal, its irrelevant.

2. Irrelevant? In what way? The rule states " Guild Conflicts " but the wording " allow victory " could also be applied to " allowing to be beaten on the BB ".

3. Hard to find a GvG target? For who? You?

3. Bounty Board may be dead but there is no need to try and rejuvenate it with nakedness.

4. Just don't go Rambling. http://www.bbc.co.uk...pshire-22249929

5. Cleverer than I, I only have a Masters Degree in Beer Drinking.

7. I use an abucus but I'm still not proficient.

7. Their also better with BBQ sauce.

8. Steven Seagal.

Cheers.

wil72

Application of words is quite broad: If I read this correctly you would define it as an action (or lack there of) of defendings oneself on the BB. Correct?

If so, there by DEFINITION any lack of Defensive manuvers on the posted player would fall into this category. So to further broaden, if I was posted while I was offline, no one buffed me, and I had a less than appropriate set to defend myself in *ie: Stam Gain set* I would then be by DEFINITION of APPLIED meaning violating HCS rules. And further more if I was unable to log in to my account before the 48 hour time expires to counter bounty, I am by APPLIED DEFINITION offering FREE advancement of players hitting me by no fault of my own other than lack of activity.

By Applied Definition of your statement this is the exact same other than me advertising my lack of activity to the FS public.

Feel free to correct me if I am mistaken, but this was how I interpreted it. In the APPLIED DEFINITION of course.

Removing the ability to Bounty a PvP Ladder attack is something I've been thinking about. If enough people want it, I don't see why not. It might be a relatively easy tweak, unlike the rest of the suggestions.

#11 Denyza

Denyza

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 735 posts
  • Indonesia

Posted 04 May 2013 - 18:21

Blah... blah... blah... me me me me me myself myself opinion opinion...

Your own opinion is what matter the most, doesn't it?

There's absolutely zero point in discussing opinion.

Different opinion contains different concept. Therefore the very idea to argue which one is better is completely pointless, because each opinion are developed by different basic assumptions and concepts. It's apple and orange, nobody can define which one taste better.

Now... having said that,

Unfortunately I don't argue opinion. It's not my style.

I just present you the cold hard empirical fact, as in the rule made by the cows.

You can twist and turn the way you want it, the fact remains, the cows clearly stated that it applies only to GvG verbatim. Period. And it will remain that way until the cows say otherwise.

No argument possible here, for me.

Nobody has the right to define anything, beside the cows.

Unless... they just like to hear their own voice, or in this case, read their own opinion.

Please, show me again your OPINION, why I am wrong and you are right.

#12 wil72

wil72

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,554 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 18:45

Blah... blah... blah... me me me me me myself myself opinion opinion...

Your own opinion is what matter the most, doesn't it?

There's absolutely zero point in discussing opinion.

Different opinion contains different concept. Therefore the very idea to argue which one is better is completely pointless, because each opinion are developed by different basic assumptions and concepts. It's apple and orange, nobody can define which one taste better.

Now... having said that,

Unfortunately I don't argue opinion. It's not my style.

I just present you the cold hard empirical fact, as in the rule made by the cows.

You can twist and turn the way you want it, the fact remains, the cows clearly stated that it applies only to GvG verbatim. Period. And it will remain that way until the cows say otherwise.

No argument possible here, for me.

Nobody has the right to define anything, beside the cows.

Unless... they just like to hear their own voice, or in this case, read their own opinion.

Please, show me again your OPINION, why I am wrong and you are right.

YOU are the one who is saying I think you are WRONG not me. Look capitals.

" me, me, me, me, myself, myself "....... Did you put that in to cause offense? Guess what you succeeded.

So basically what you are saying is that certain subjects are not open for discussion and you speak for the cows?

What a load of cow.

Cheers.

wil72

#13 Mister Doom

Mister Doom

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,518 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 04 May 2013 - 23:34

Might be mistaken but, isn't it the advertisement of 'risk' free smasher medal ticks / bounty medal ticks / prestige, by hitting on a player who is advertising themselves as naked and perfectly willing to take a spanking with no reprisals whatsoever that is the problem here? Using semantics to liken this rather underhanded game technique to being offline or actually unable to defend a bounty through lack of skill/gear is, well rather pointless and frankly quite childish...

What these people are doing seems to devalue those medals a bit if you ask me, what do I know though. Actually I don't even care really. Huh, kind of a pointless waste of time making this post.

Carry on folks, nothing to see here. :D

EnhancedShardoom1-1.gif

#14 sweetlou

sweetlou

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,958 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 02:57

What these people are doing seems to devalue those medals a bit if you ask me, what do I know though. Actually I don't even care really. Huh, kind of a pointless waste of time making this post.

Seems kinda strange to me posting for a few reasons. Hell just being able to post is still weird. Quoting and somewhat aggreeing with this guy is even weirder.

What is happening isn't the devaluing of the medals but the devaluing of the game. Strict leveling runs out of game to play and with most at EOC not doing anything else, it looks natural that they would want to repeat the same content over again, hitting 12345678r. Not only do I also not care that these players do what they're doing or even how they're doing it, but seems to me the devs don't mind either...

[Signature removed]

“When you tear out a man's tongue, you are not proving him a liar, you're only telling the world that you fear what he might say.” -GRRM

#15 Mister Doom

Mister Doom

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,518 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 05 May 2013 - 11:14

This is how the world comes to an end? Not with an asteroid, solar mega flare or even fiery nuclear death, luisspamer and Shardoom agreeing on something,..

I personally could not of foreseen a scarier end. O.o

EnhancedShardoom1-1.gif

#16 Mongo

Mongo

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,879 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 05 May 2013 - 11:19

This does not bother me in the slightest, I just like to spark debate  :P

I can see that EOC players may get bored and want to repeat content, or maybe just repeat it for the Gold and XP?

Hmmm, if your repeating content for Gold, then this advertising for people to smash them, becomes profitable? So now, that is no different to trading GvG rating... correct?

Visit my shop! Mongo's Emporium for emotes, pets, vanity and more!

#17 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,130 posts
  • Australia

Posted 09 May 2013 - 21:40

I actually think that whilst this isn't against the "letter" of the law, it IS against the "spirit" of the law.

Guilds should rise or fall on honest endeavours, not "backdoor" practices to boost their XP.

As for devaluing medals, LOL, so many of them are devalued already, what's another one ?

Homer : Marge, don't discourage the boy. Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals .. except the weasel.

Eddie Izzard : The National Rifle Association say that guns don't kill people, people do. But I think the gun helps, you know ? I think it helps. I think just standing there going "BANG" - that's not going to kill too many people, is it ?

I don't mean to sound pessimistic, but it seems that everything I eat lately turns to poo ...

#18 purebreed

purebreed

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 18 May 2013 - 16:36

I am not against trading on the BB. I think I would do the same at EoC

But, I'm a bounty hunter and am not impressed with getting told off for clearing a bounty, even to the point of being called a pr#ck. Am I missing something when?........what is wrong with the game when you go out of your way to place yourself on the bounty board and then get upset when you find a bounty hunter clearing your bounty???

#19 Bleltch

Bleltch

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,784 posts

Posted 18 May 2013 - 16:58

I am not against trading on the BB. I think I would do the same at EoC

But, I'm a bounty hunter and am not impressed with getting told off for clearing a bounty, even to the point of being called a pr#ck. Am I missing something when?........what is wrong with the game when you go out of your way to place yourself on the bounty board and then get upset when you find a bounty hunter clearing your bounty???

There used to be an organized group of bounty hunters that would search for and target player like that. Every one of their bounties would be cleared as quick and clean as possible. Though most of the demands and threats would be cause to clean them with 100 stams, i've cleared many delevelers with 10 stams. I suggest you do the same :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: