Photo

World Chat Mods

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
81 replies to this topic

Poll: World Chat Mods/Criteria (61 member(s) have cast votes)

Should we be provided with a list of World Chat Mods and Criteria as to why they were chosen(general, not specific by player)?

1. Yes, I would like a list of active World Chat Mods and Criteria as to their chosing (37 votes [60.66%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 60.66%

2. I would Like a list of World Chat Mods but not interested in a list of Criteria. (4 votes [6.56%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 6.56%

3. I would like a list of Criteria but not intersted in a list of World Chat Mods. (2 votes [3.28%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 3.28%

4. No, I'm not interested in either (18 votes [29.51%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 29.51%

Vote

#1 BornWicked

BornWicked

• Members
  • Pip
  • 38 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 18:20

Since the world chat was implemented i've seen the question raised a few times about why are there world chat mods, what is their purpose, why were they chosen and if we can recieve a list of those chosen to be chat mods. Because of the amount of times i've seen these questions raised, already, so soon into the release of the World Chat, I decided to create this forum topic and poll, feel free to vote and leave comments below.

World Chat Mods:
Evilbry
Shardoom
Ashgaerath
Elitehunta
jbking89
Rebornjedi
hbklives
cyrus7

4506334.png

#2 Mongo

Mongo

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,879 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 22 August 2013 - 18:22

You can see the mods highlighted in blue in the World Chat.

Visit my shop! Mongo's Emporium for emotes, pets, vanity and more!

#3 BornWicked

BornWicked

• Members
  • Pip
  • 38 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 18:26

As they speak, but if they chose to never speak, then we will never know who they are, and HCS must already have a list of sorts composed for their own record of who is a mod and who isnt a mod

4506334.png

#4 wil72

wil72

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,554 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 18:32

Think they were chosen because they were all extras in the film Quadrophenia. :P

Maybe they all know Paul Weller personally?

Cheers.

wil72

#5 MosesChen

MosesChen

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 342 posts
  • Badge

Posted 22 August 2013 - 18:32

I don't think it's that big of a deal, but I voted for the first one just because.

Is there a reason we might need to know who's a mod and who isn't?

If we know the criteria, people will just try their hardest to become mods. I think they just chose people they felt would do well for the position. They seem like people who are active on the forums, trustworthy, friendly, something along those lines.

MosesChen4_zpsf20413de.gif?t=1375701812

Visit my GFX shop! :)

#6 BornWicked

BornWicked

• Members
  • Pip
  • 38 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 18:47

Was there a point in time the game had forum mods? Do they still have them now? Were they identified by anything specific? Was their function known? Basically it comes down to curisoity as to why a select amount of players were singled out as moderators, and who these players are, when I thought it was just me curious I wasn't worried, but I haven seen the question asked atleast a dozen times already, so I figured i'd be the one to start the topic, so again, curiosity.

4506334.png

#7 BornWicked

BornWicked

• Members
  • Pip
  • 38 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 18:53

Seeing more votes come in, but no justifications, I'd appreciate the justifications if possible :)

4506334.png

#8 Bizz

Bizz

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 202 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 19:00

As I can see, Moderators become players that was very active in forum and was normal in they communication with other on forum and I agree with that decision.

EDIT:

There are still available "profile badges": status_1.jpg

Maybe add them to players that are moderators?

It's useless knowledge if not shared.

#9 yotwehc

yotwehc

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,942 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 19:00

I personally could care less who's a mod unless they abuse their privilege. I would still like to see some of the more fair minded guys be mods but this is always subjective. A bit disappointed none of the 3 I voted for are mods :(

#10 yghorbeviahn

yghorbeviahn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,654 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 19:07

I didn't decided my vote yet, but there is some thoughs.

HCS choose some players they trust because the chat really need some mods to prevent spams, offenses, religious and racist problems, also a excess of adult material on a not +18 game, and that way is way easier to find those mods without a huge application which will need to be reviewed by HCS.

I think the only power mods have is to give temporary bans and to report easier to HCS if needed.

For now, I like the chooses from HCS, nothing against anyone there.

Also, I really like Shardoom as a mod, that proves that the chat can accept some amount of jokes and sarcasm without getting you banned =P

#11 ashgaerath

ashgaerath

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • Badge

Posted 22 August 2013 - 19:08

Well as I am a mod (atleast for now) it is all still new and fresh and subject to change. we (the mods) can be turned away in an instant by hcs I think that for  now they chose us just because we ofered to help.. and in my own case i hope they also allowed me this "honor" because i told them about my experience in irc mod and irc net ownership. time will tell ofcourse wether all current mods were a good choice... as it is now i would say let us just enjoy the chat and not dwell to much on this topic. hcs surely will demode any mod that is unsuitable for the task they signed up for.

#12 thisple

thisple

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 193 posts
  • Badge
  • United States of America

Posted 22 August 2013 - 19:09

Please don't confuse forum activity with game activity.  There are plenty of users that are quite adept and super active in the game that don't bother with the forums that often.

#13 wil72

wil72

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,554 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 19:13

Well as I am a mod (atleast for now) it is all still new and fresh and subject to change. we (the mods) can be turned away in an instant by hcs I think that for  now they chose us just because we ofered to help.. and in my own case i hope they also allowed me this "honor" because i told them about my experience in irc mod and irc net ownership. time will tell ofcourse wether all current mods were a good choice... as it is now i would say let us just enjoy the chat and not dwell to much on this topic. hcs surely will demode any mod that is unsuitable for the task they signed up for.

Well said mate and could i wish you all the best in your " mod " career. :) But, can i ask, do you own a scooter? :P

Cheers.

wil72

#14 yghorbeviahn

yghorbeviahn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,654 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 19:18

If I report a message, are mods able to saw that and make a decision about it?

Or only mods can report it?

#15 thisple

thisple

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 193 posts
  • Badge
  • United States of America

Posted 22 August 2013 - 19:19

anyone can report a message

#16 yghorbeviahn

yghorbeviahn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,654 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 19:21

anyone can report a message

But the power of the mods is that they will review this message and make a decision about it, right?

If that's right, they have all my two thumbs up.

#17 ashgaerath

ashgaerath

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • Badge

Posted 22 August 2013 - 19:24

all we can do is act directly on abuse by muting a player for 2 hours  or if severe offences are made mute a player for 24 hours.. we do not have a back log to look through..

(edit it 2 hours not minutes)

#18 yghorbeviahn

yghorbeviahn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,654 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 19:26

all we can do is act directly on abuse by muting a player for 2 minutes or if severe offences are made mute a player for 24 hours.. we do not have a back log to look through..

Ok, thx for your answer, I think that's what everyone want to read :)

#19 wil72

wil72

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,554 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 22:37

I have Leadership Qualities can I be a mod? Also. I have a reputation, does this help? :P

Cheers.

wil72

#20 koenvdv

koenvdv

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,327 posts
  • Badge
  • Belgium

Posted 22 August 2013 - 22:43

We need mods from all time zones to cover as much of the day as possible.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: