Photo

World Chat Mods

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
81 replies to this topic

Poll: World Chat Mods/Criteria (61 member(s) have cast votes)

Should we be provided with a list of World Chat Mods and Criteria as to why they were chosen(general, not specific by player)?

1. Yes, I would like a list of active World Chat Mods and Criteria as to their chosing (37 votes [60.66%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 60.66%

2. I would Like a list of World Chat Mods but not interested in a list of Criteria. (4 votes [6.56%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 6.56%

3. I would like a list of Criteria but not intersted in a list of World Chat Mods. (2 votes [3.28%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 3.28%

4. No, I'm not interested in either (18 votes [29.51%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 29.51%

Vote

#21 yghorbeviahn

yghorbeviahn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,654 posts

Posted 23 August 2013 - 00:56

We need mods from all time zones to cover as much of the day as possible.

Yeah, and a LOT of mods, because no one can be reading every message wrote there.

One time that's not a 'job' where you need to be on or you gonna receive bad critiques, I think i'm able to help out.

I'm on Brazil (Server -3 hours), and i'm online for a long time on the day.

#22 RebornJedi

RebornJedi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,450 posts

Posted 23 August 2013 - 01:16

As I can see, Moderators become players that was very active in forum and was normal in they communication with other on forum and I agree with that decision.

EDIT:

There are still available "profile badges": status_1.jpg

Maybe add them to players that are moderators?

UNLIMITED POWAAAAaaAAAAAaAAaAAAH!!!!

t52C58N.gif

#23 RebornJedi

RebornJedi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,450 posts

Posted 23 August 2013 - 01:19

i agree with showing a list.. will help with reporting to moderators when other mods or admins aren't watching chat. could get bans out before chat is flooded with unruly chat.. just make a list that has an icon to show online mods as well..

#24 Anonemesis

Anonemesis

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 411 posts
  • Badge
  • United States of America

Posted 23 August 2013 - 01:56

Seeing more votes come in, but no justifications, I'd appreciate the justifications if possible :)

Perhaps One's Deep Pockets? Though I Can't Imagine Anyone Who Would Want To Monitor A Bunch Of Chatting People With No Incentive...So I Guess It's Not A Big Deal In Those Terms, But If Your One Of Them Who Does I Can See Your Concerns And It's Fair Maybe Send A Ticket In Asking To Be One...I Really Don't See Many People Applying.

Hate It Or Love It The Underdogs On Top. 

#25 midgetmanj

midgetmanj

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 71 posts
  • Badge

Posted 23 August 2013 - 04:18

Perhaps something like this.....  Very intutive and wouldnt be too hard.....

http://i41.tinypic.com/25ksow8.jpg

#26 watagashi

watagashi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,977 posts

Posted 23 August 2013 - 06:32

Im curious too, seems like one day it was announced there would be a chat and the next day a bunch of favs were mods. 

I did notice theres something about being close to Eoc as a requirement tho as all I have seen so far are Eoc players.

#27 cyrus7

cyrus7

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,562 posts
  • Badge

Posted 23 August 2013 - 07:30

I did notice theres something about being close to Eoc as a requirement tho as all I have seen so far are Eoc players.

Not really, because for example RebornJedi is one, and he's not EOC. 

#28 BornWicked

BornWicked

• Members
  • Pip
  • 38 posts

Posted 23 August 2013 - 08:16

The List that I have so far, but as midgetman showed with his http://i41.tinypic.com/25ksow8.jpg, that would be a great change to the world chat to allow easier access to admins and mods for issues that may arise, and in the same token, providing a list

World Chat Mods:
Evilbry
Shardoom
Ashgaerath
Elitehunta
jbking89
Rebornjedi
hbklives

4506334.png

#29 midgetmanj

midgetmanj

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 71 posts
  • Badge

Posted 23 August 2013 - 08:22

There names will also glow the colour as described.  The blue and orange is another colour but aint forum mods or anything special.  You can also edit/delete your message if you want.

#30 bigchaos

bigchaos

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 505 posts
  • Badge

Posted 23 August 2013 - 14:04

To be honest you need moderators to help keep chat in check with game guide and think it is important that a home page is listed on the moderators. Thankful to see blue for them and I give my support in trying to have something new for fs. I will also say most games pick moderators usually folks who help players individually, and help the community as a whole.  I voted yes like to know,  because I wanted to see people in those positions that care about keep fs going. Thanks for this good topic.:)

#31 fusionj

fusionj

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 199 posts

Posted 23 August 2013 - 19:41

Haha...knew it was only a matter of time until people started caring about this.

#32 RebornJedi

RebornJedi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,450 posts

Posted 23 August 2013 - 19:52

would like it stated that Chat Moderators hold no power outside the Global Chat  :) a highlight over our job and what punishment we can give would be nice .. add that to the list of mods. 

#33 Dulcharn

Dulcharn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 760 posts
  • Badge

Posted 23 August 2013 - 19:53

I think it's a great poll :D

I'd like to see why they are there, why they were chosen and what priveleges they have.

#34 Davros81

Davros81

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 949 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 23 August 2013 - 20:01

I think it's a great poll :D

I'd like to see why they are there, why they were chosen and what priveleges they have.

Agreed no logic was given to whom was selected, other than those who are on the forums... all the time...and proclaim to think they know everything... :rolleyes:

#35 Cat Girl IRL

Cat Girl IRL

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 501 posts

Posted 23 August 2013 - 20:06

Just plain curious.

#36 BornWicked

BornWicked

• Members
  • Pip
  • 38 posts

Posted 23 August 2013 - 20:07

I am creating a list of World Chat Mods that I see and will be posting it here and in my bio, feel free to send me names you see that ive missed

4506334.png

#37 RebornJedi

RebornJedi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,450 posts

Posted 23 August 2013 - 20:19

Agreed no logic was given to whom was selected, other than those who are on the forums... all the time...and proclaim to think they know everything... :rolleyes:

i never proclaimed such a fact.. 

#38 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,130 posts
  • Australia

Posted 23 August 2013 - 20:43

i never proclaimed such a fact.. 

Nor have most of 'em, if indeed ANY of 'em, Jedi ...

Homer : Marge, don't discourage the boy. Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals .. except the weasel.

Eddie Izzard : The National Rifle Association say that guns don't kill people, people do. But I think the gun helps, you know ? I think it helps. I think just standing there going "BANG" - that's not going to kill too many people, is it ?

I don't mean to sound pessimistic, but it seems that everything I eat lately turns to poo ...

#39 Mister Doom

Mister Doom

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,518 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 23 August 2013 - 21:02

I myself am a ninja robot from the future. I DO know everything, I just can't tell you because of timey wimey paradoxical repercussions. :P   

EnhancedShardoom1-1.gif

#40 yotwehc

yotwehc

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,942 posts

Posted 23 August 2013 - 21:07

I'd like to nominate Gomez too. So far I am 1 of 4.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: