Photo

World Chat Mods

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
81 replies to this topic

Poll: World Chat Mods/Criteria (61 member(s) have cast votes)

Should we be provided with a list of World Chat Mods and Criteria as to why they were chosen(general, not specific by player)?

1. Yes, I would like a list of active World Chat Mods and Criteria as to their chosing (37 votes [60.66%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 60.66%

2. I would Like a list of World Chat Mods but not interested in a list of Criteria. (4 votes [6.56%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 6.56%

3. I would like a list of Criteria but not intersted in a list of World Chat Mods. (2 votes [3.28%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 3.28%

4. No, I'm not interested in either (18 votes [29.51%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 29.51%

Vote

#41 thedoc70

thedoc70

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 90 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 23 August 2013 - 21:13

Why are folk getting so worked up about it ? I really don't think it's that big a deal, the chat mods don't have any authority anywhere other than the chat. Obviously they have been chosen by HCS who have their reasons and that's good enough for me.

mll7dl.png

#42 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,130 posts
  • Australia

Posted 23 August 2013 - 21:17

Why are folk getting so worked up about it ? I really don't think it's that big a deal, the chat mods don't have any authority anywhere other than the chat. Obviously they have been chosen by HCS who have their reasons and that's good enough for me.

And that's exactly how it should be - seems like some players who weren't graced with being a mod have gotten a bad case of the green-eyed monster ...

Homer : Marge, don't discourage the boy. Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals .. except the weasel.

Eddie Izzard : The National Rifle Association say that guns don't kill people, people do. But I think the gun helps, you know ? I think it helps. I think just standing there going "BANG" - that's not going to kill too many people, is it ?

I don't mean to sound pessimistic, but it seems that everything I eat lately turns to poo ...

#43 thedoc70

thedoc70

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 90 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 23 August 2013 - 21:21

- seems like some players who weren't graced with being a mod have gotten a bad case of the green-eyed monster ...

I have to admit, that's exactly how it is coming across / being perceived.

mll7dl.png

#44 JBKing89

JBKing89

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 419 posts
  • Badge
  • United States of America

Posted 23 August 2013 - 21:30

Agreed no logic was given to whom was selected, other than those who are on the forums... all the time...and proclaim to think they know everything... :rolleyes:

I find it hard to believe HCS simply threw darts to select the mods.  Not sure how it can be said no logic was used in selecting.

#45 muabnesor

muabnesor

• Members
  • Pip
  • 41 posts

Posted 23 August 2013 - 21:34

And that's exactly how it should be - seems like some players who weren't graced with being a mod have gotten a bad case of the green-eyed monster ...

Well said.  I am amazed how quick people have jump on those that were picked.  Lets give this a chance to settle in.

#46 Davros81

Davros81

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 949 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 23 August 2013 - 22:14

no, its more of a case that the mods that were chosen were personally chosen and in many people's eyes this is not seen as a balance choice in terms of who the moderators are.

#47 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,130 posts
  • Australia

Posted 23 August 2013 - 22:18

no Pardoux you are totally wrong here, its more of a case that the mods that were chosen were personally chosen and in many people's eyes this is not seen as a balance choice in terms of who the moderators are.

Of course they were personally chosen BY THE COWS... are you trying to say that PLAYERS should chose the mods ? - that's ridiculous.

It's HCS' game so it's their right to chose whoever they want to be a mod - and they dont have to give any explanation for WHO or WHY ...

Homer : Marge, don't discourage the boy. Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals .. except the weasel.

Eddie Izzard : The National Rifle Association say that guns don't kill people, people do. But I think the gun helps, you know ? I think it helps. I think just standing there going "BANG" - that's not going to kill too many people, is it ?

I don't mean to sound pessimistic, but it seems that everything I eat lately turns to poo ...

#48 watagashi

watagashi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,977 posts

Posted 23 August 2013 - 22:22

no Pardoux you are totally wrong here, its more of a case that the mods that were chosen were personally chosen and in many people's eyes this is not seen as a balance choice in terms of who the moderators are.

little bit yea,

more over I remember the time right before titans came out when another favorite knew exactly how titans would spawn,, almost to when and where for that, how they would be fought and how the HP worked. I had hoped the game evolved (big pun intended) I also wonder why everything else needed 30 posts and 4 polls to get around to it but this was done without so much as a poll saying they would do chat and need mods.

To sum this up I was against this because after seeing chat last night I declared "5 years to put in 5 min to tune out" but some enjoy it. While its 100% the cows choice one must always consider when elevating a player not only what they will do in your name to cost you people but how the choice itself makes everyone else feel like ordinary players and of course with that comes the speculation (evilbry gets free FSP, Jedi has a 2% field on him now, etc) 

Im also glad they didnt ask me,,, I was paid to be a mod in another game. The worst thing you can do is take something you do for enjoyment and make a job out of it.

#49 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,130 posts
  • Australia

Posted 23 August 2013 - 22:28

and of course with that comes the speculation (evilbry gets free FSP, Jedi has a 2% field on him now, etc) 

Always with the speculations ;)

#50 Davros81

Davros81

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 949 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 23 August 2013 - 22:33

Of course they were personally chosen BY THE COWS... are you trying to say that PLAYERS should chose the mods ? - that's ridiculous.

It's HCS' game so it's their right to chose whoever they want to be a mod - and they dont have to give any explanation for WHO or WHY ...

yes they should give explanations, with every decision there should be a reasoning, to call me ridiculous for asking an honest question is outrageous! 

#51 watagashi

watagashi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,977 posts

Posted 23 August 2013 - 22:33

Always with the speculations ;)

thats why I made mine ridiculous,,, point is thats what people do in these situations. Seen it many times,,seen it kill games.

#52 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,130 posts
  • Australia

Posted 23 August 2013 - 22:40

yes they should give explanations, with every decision there should be a reasoning, to call me ridiculous for asking an honest question is outrageous! 

Actually, I didn't call you ridiculous - I said the idea of players suggesting mods is ridiculous.

And WHY should they give a reason for everything they do ?. I think this whole chat moderator thing is being blown WAY out of proportion. All they can do is give a 2 hr "mute" or a 24 hr "mute" and if mods abuse that power, they'll be removed. 

It's hardly the end of the world ...

#53 Mister Doom

Mister Doom

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,518 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 23 August 2013 - 22:47

I banned Hoofmaster today. Greatest FS moment ever! (for me)

EnhancedShardoom1-1.gif

#54 Mongo

Mongo

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,879 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 23 August 2013 - 22:57

I cant tell anyone that I am employed as a Fudge Packer, it censors it  :(

Visit my shop! Mongo's Emporium for emotes, pets, vanity and more!

#55 watagashi

watagashi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,977 posts

Posted 23 August 2013 - 23:01

Actually, I didn't call you ridiculous - I said the idea of players suggesting mods is ridiculous.

And WHY should they give a reason for everything they do ?. I think this whole chat moderator thing is being blown WAY out of proportion. All they can do is give a 2 hr "mute" or a 24 hr "mute" and if mods abuse that power, they'll be removed. 

It's hardly the end of the world ...

I guess we will take your word for it thats all they get :P

Ive seen both sides so let me give a bit of feedback,,,

Ive seen games where mods are all volunteer and in the one extreme ill use for this example mods must be nominated in forum and feedback given before considered. In this example they are figureheads and really only there to greet new players (mentor) and mod chat with 1 day bans unless admin take it further. In this example at any time you can log on and see a pile of noobs asking noob questions of a frazzled mod who does his best to reply while warning all the cyberers and RPers that its not the place for it. They go through mods like I go through FSP and most quit the game entirely after a couple months as a mod.

The other extreme ill use as an example never gave players any say in anything including mods. They picked their favorites and gave them full powers as well as pay for their work with donator packs (like a special offer pot or reserve stam for here) as well as more stam and even allowed them to try new gear out on us normal shmoes who were at the same time asked to donate and keep the servers running. In the end and yes IF the site is still up you log into a tomb with 2 admin and 3 mods left, the power went to their heads and mods were banning people for hitting a guildmate, bans for disagreeing or having another opinion than the mods, hitting others well outside what was considered normal pvp while wearing the new gear (seriously how would you guys feel if Evilbry got a hooftest set to try out on all you EoCs??) 

As you can see it is the companys choice and theirs alone BUT there are consequences to it! I feel the cows did a good jo on this other than I think perhaps a post with their short list and a chance to give feedback and objections if any should have also been added. Either way in the end as I said above when you elevate a player above the others you will always have speculation jealousy and anger over it.

#56 RebornJedi

RebornJedi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,450 posts

Posted 23 August 2013 - 23:02

I guess we will take your word for it thats all they get :P

that's all we get  <_<

#57 Cat Girl IRL

Cat Girl IRL

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 501 posts

Posted 23 August 2013 - 23:23

Ever trying to figure out the true motives of fallensword community. :-)

I am curious how and why. That does not how ever mean anything close to what you are referring here. Yeah. You are right. HCS should be the one appointing mods, without a question. I seriously doubt that majority here thinks that some sort of democracy would work. No, it would not.

Meanwhile as relatively veteran player, daily active, I am seeking more ways to get involved. I want to make effect and try to prolong the inevitable death of the game.

How ever, we have ended up (also thanks to you) into useless argument that is unnescessary. Cause this poll; here at forums; is one of the few places; especially on this topic; where democracy within this game would actually work. So why not leave it the decision for the vote and be quiet about communitys "true motives".

#58 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,130 posts
  • Australia

Posted 23 August 2013 - 23:26

How ever, we have ended up (also thanks to you) into useless argument that is unnescessary. Cause this poll; here at forums; is one of the few places; especially on this topic; where democracy within this game would actually work. So why not leave it the decision for the vote and be quiet about communitys "true motives".

I thought the forum was a place for all to share their comments and opinions, as long as they didn't breach the terms and conditions. Thanks for pointing out that, whilst your opinions / comments are fine and valid, that mine aren't ;)

#59 Cat Girl IRL

Cat Girl IRL

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 501 posts

Posted 23 August 2013 - 23:33

I thought the forum was a place for all to share their comments and opinions, as long as they didn't breach the terms and conditions. Thanks for pointing out that, whilst your opinions / comments are fine and valid, that mine aren't ;)

Firstly I shared my view of the current matter

Secondly I shared my motive for the current matter

Thirdly I made suggestion to leave this for the democracy

No. I just wanted to point out your exaggeration wich I did not like.

Edit: Removed the unnescessary sarcasm.

#60 wil72

wil72

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,554 posts

Posted 23 August 2013 - 23:33

I thought the forum was a place for all to share their comments and opinions, as long as they didn't breach the terms and conditions. 

That be the truth there mate :)

Cheers.

wil72

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: