• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1 fmedic

fmedic

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

Posted 01 January 2014 - 22:48

We used to have the option to have a quick use and quick wear without having to refresh the page for our gear and potions. Since the new update, this has been taken away. Can we please add this back. It is time consuming when you have a slower connection and for each piece of gear you put on, and each potion you open, forces the computer to reload the total inventory on that page instead of the way it used to. Thanks for considering it. Sorry to say it just worked better the old way.

#2 RebornJedi

RebornJedi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,450 posts

Posted 01 January 2014 - 22:49

it was a FSHelper feature, twas it not?

#3 4ngrym4n

4ngrym4n

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts

Posted 01 January 2014 - 22:54

We used to have the option to have a quick use and quick wear without having to refresh the page for our gear and potions. Since the new update, this has been taken away. Can we please add this back. It is time consuming when you have a slower connection and for each piece of gear you put on, and each potion you open, forces the computer to reload the total inventory on that page instead of the way it used to. Thanks for considering it. Sorry to say it just worked better the old way.

+1

#4 fmedic

fmedic

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

Posted 01 January 2014 - 23:02

I believe it was. Not positive tho. Seems the helper got more integrated with FS than when I first started playing. Guess I'm spoiled in that regard, but whatever it is, I'd like to have it updated or retrograded as the case may be, to the way it was. And any chance you can bring back vinyl records and 8 track tapes while you're at it? HAHA just kidding.

#5 RebornJedi

RebornJedi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,450 posts

Posted 01 January 2014 - 23:07

would imagine quick wear/drink would help out mobile device users as well.. they got a bit left out with the new BP interface

#6 Hoofmaster

Hoofmaster

Company Director

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,357 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 01 January 2014 - 23:09

These are Fallen Sword Helper features, but we'll look at getting them added to the game :)

#7 fmedic

fmedic

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

Posted 01 January 2014 - 23:19

Awesome! Thanks!

#8 cyrus7

cyrus7

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,562 posts
  • Badge
  • United States of America

Posted 02 January 2014 - 04:47

That feature was part of the FSHelper, and "broke" when the new backpack interface was implemented, since it functions completely differently, and so the current FSHelper codes doesn't know what to do with it. From what I can remember, a lot of the FSHelper coders have retired/gone MIA, so they have not updated the helper code to work with the new actual game code.

These are Fallen Sword Helper features, but we'll look at getting them added to the game :)

As part of the right-click menu? Nice. :)

#9 Nagoyaka

Nagoyaka

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 493 posts

Posted 02 January 2014 - 08:32

Thank you! They are both important features in my opinion.

Edit: The "quick use" is for fast drinking potions. And "quick wear" for fast wearing gear.

Edited by Nagoyaka, 02 January 2014 - 08:33.

#10 Lahona

Lahona

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 919 posts

Posted 02 January 2014 - 09:35

That feature was part of the FSHelper, and "broke" when the new backpack interface was implemented, since it functions completely differently, and so the current FSHelper codes doesn't know what to do with it. From what I can remember, a lot of the FSHelper coders have retired/gone MIA, so they have not updated the helper code to work with the new actual game code.

As part of the right-click menu? Nice. :)

these are already in the right click menu -- it still reloads the whole profile page for each action.

What is needed (in my opinion) is a back pack like the guild store.  Accessible from any page and pops up as an overlay.

With the guild store you can wear the item without a page load, just the item taken removes itself from the display.

Add 'Drink' to the right click menu (of a guild store style back pack) and we have what we need.

We have also lost the helper feature that allowed us to quick extract (no page loads for each extraction & multiple extractions at a time) and the feature that allowed us to quick delete (without page loads) our components.

For anyone with more than 50 component slots this is now a major pain in the butt!  To delete more than one component on page 2 requires 2 page loads for each.

If anything can be done for quick extract and quick delete, then I'd also suggest we have an option to have our components fill the first slot each time (moving the rest along) so we always see the most recent components at the top & not last.

#11 Belaric

Belaric

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 860 posts

Posted 02 January 2014 - 16:05

these are already in the right click menu -- it still reloads the whole profile page for each action.

What is needed (in my opinion) is a back pack like the guild store.  Accessible from any page and pops up as an overlay.

With the guild store you can wear the item without a page load, just the item taken removes itself from the display.

Add 'Drink' to the right click menu (of a guild store style back pack) and we have what we need.

We have also lost the helper feature that allowed us to quick extract (no page loads for each extraction & multiple extractions at a time) and the feature that allowed us to quick delete (without page loads) our components.

For anyone with more than 50 component slots this is now a major pain in the butt!  To delete more than one component on page 2 requires 2 page loads for each.

If anything can be done for quick extract and quick delete, then I'd also suggest we have an option to have our components fill the first slot each time (moving the rest along) so we always see the most recent components at the top & not last.

Yeah - these fixes would be way cooler than adding wrinkles/ a new buff finding/selling system - just port find buffer over while you are making the quick wear quick drink quick extract and quick delete FSH functions usable in the main game again, and it would be awesome. Loads of functionality to make players lives easier, without any hint of automation, just fewer page loads. Yay.

Good-bye and hello, as always.

#12 fmedic

fmedic

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

Posted 04 January 2014 - 03:19

I do agree that the right click options are not the answer as it does require reloading of the whole page. That is not a quick use or quick wear in the right click options.

#13 Mister Doom

Mister Doom

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,518 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 04 January 2014 - 04:16

I do agree that the right click options are not the answer as it does require reloading of the whole page. That is not a quick use or quick wear in the right click options.

Hoof intends to make use of the CTRL click method of selecting multiple items.

So basically you'll be able to select a bunch of items, right click and the action will be applied to everything you selected. Be it drop, equip or indeed drink.

A more than suitable alternative if you ask me.

EnhancedShardoom1-1.gif

#14 RebornJedi

RebornJedi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,450 posts

Posted 04 January 2014 - 04:28

how will that work for those using mobile devices? word on the street is CTRL selection doesn't work but is there a way to get to the 'right click' menu?

#15 Mister Doom

Mister Doom

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,518 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 04 January 2014 - 05:29

how will that work for those using mobile devices? word on the street is CTRL selection doesn't work but is there a way to get to the 'right click' menu?

Don't know, I guess mobile users are just SOoL?

The CTRL click multi selection + right click options don't work, as of yet.

Hoof has said that is something he intends to work on though.

EnhancedShardoom1-1.gif

#16 yotwehc

yotwehc

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,942 posts

Posted 04 January 2014 - 08:35

Hoof intends to make use of the CTRL click method of selecting multiple items.

So basically you'll be able to select a bunch of items, right click and the action will be applied to everything you selected. Be it drop, equip or indeed drink.

A more than suitable alternative if you ask me.

But what if the items are on multiple pages? will it "remember" each of the clicked items from each page?

#17 Mister Doom

Mister Doom

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,518 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 04 January 2014 - 08:39

But what if the items are on multiple pages? will it "remember" each of the clicked items from each page?

I don't think so?

The FSH function never did that either though did it?

EnhancedShardoom1-1.gif

#18 tharzill

tharzill

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 728 posts

Posted 04 January 2014 - 14:24

I don't think so?

No, the FSHelper function would only do one page at a time. iirc. 

#19 yotwehc

yotwehc

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,942 posts

Posted 04 January 2014 - 18:30

I don't think so?

Oh. Good point. But if I'm not mistaken, when you equipped 2 items from page 1, no refresh until you clicked on page 2 whereas if what you are suggesting, when you equip, it would refresh page, then when you click on page 2, it would refresh again. I guess it's better then the way it works now :/

#20 Mister Doom

Mister Doom

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,518 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 05 January 2014 - 02:12

Oh. Good point. But if I'm not mistaken, when you equipped 2 items from page 1, no refresh until you clicked on page 2 whereas if what you are suggesting, when you equip, it would refresh page, then when you click on page 2, it would refresh again. I guess it's better then the way it works now :/

Yep, but it's not what I'm suggesting chewy. It's just what Hoof has said he'll do.

You know when you hold CTRL and click on different items in your bp to highlight them?

Well if you right click them it only applies the action to the item you actually clicked, he intends to 'fix' it so it applies to all items highlighted.

So yeah I guess it would be an extra page load as compared to the FSH. Still, a hell of a lot faster than it is currently, right?

EnhancedShardoom1-1.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: