• Please log in to reply
142 replies to this topic

#41 morwen

morwen

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 159 posts

Posted 15 August 2007 - 19:10

If it worked for miners you would get the same mining xp and same minefighter xp, using the SAME AP, and you want less bars? How is that better for you?
If you really hate those bars so much you can give em to me. ill pay the transaction costs.

This new enchantment doesnt give you the option to use less ap.

#42 gothador_morbidprogn

gothador_morbidprogn
  • Guests

Posted 15 August 2007 - 19:21

where is the celestial revert quest?

#43 morwen

morwen

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 159 posts

Posted 15 August 2007 - 19:22

where is the celestial revert quest?

Infernal too please.

#44 Mysticalme

Mysticalme

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,545 posts

Posted 15 August 2007 - 19:30

If it affects all other aspects of the game play it is reasonable to expect it to affect mining/smelting/foraging/orbing. That is what we are testing, or thats what I was doing anyhow.

Personnally if it was going to affect anything of the mine/smelt numbers I think it should be on the xp that is attributed to regular levels, ie from mine warrior+. This however is such a tiny amount of xp that it would not be worth the ap at all. I do not think it should affect material gain as we have advanced skill points for that.

So yes you are right there isn't much point, but it is nice to know one way or the other imo. :wink:

Well it does affect mining in that the miners have to mine the ore. Then it affects smelting as the ore has to be mined. Then it has to be converted. XP in all these areas is gained while you do it..... Then you sell the enchant and/or orbs

#45 Hoofmaster

Hoofmaster

Company Director

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,357 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 15 August 2007 - 19:58

I don't think Hoof's stupid enough

:oops: 8)

#46 uriahheap

uriahheap

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 442 posts

Posted 15 August 2007 - 21:11

OK, hope this hasn't been covered, but-

If someone else does most of the damage, and lowers an overlord to 1 hp, when you spend your 6 ap to kill it in one blow, do you still get 500 million xp? As well, what happens if you're killing something large like that, and need too many AP to kill it? You have a reasonable idea as a warrior, but you could get many missed casts as a mage, and if you were working at 6X, you might spend several hundred AP, and not kill anything, thus not getting any value for the extra AP, apart from casting xp.

Off to the zircon mine! There might be a big rush on rabid demonasaur's poison, if we can lower them for each other.

#47 morwen

morwen

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 159 posts

Posted 15 August 2007 - 21:26

I didnt think of that

thats a really valid point

now we can get 6 times the xp for technically the same ap... now THAT is bad

#48 gothador_fryhole

gothador_fryhole
  • Guests

Posted 15 August 2007 - 21:44

Ok, I'm going to start out by saying that this new enchantment really, really scares me. I think the idea comes from a good sentiment, but I really believe this will mark a major shift in the game. The inescapable thing that will happen is that the limitation to people leveling will not be time spent playing, but how much speed they have. I think this is showcased by so many people having lots of excess gothpoints sitting around, or unused usps sitting in their inventory. This was the equalizer, and why someone couldn't just purely buy their way up, because you are forced to put the time into it, too.

Now, I'm not opposed to the idea as a whole, and I think that it is much needed for more casual players or people want to play more, but have more going on in RL. So, here's an idea. How about a limit to the number of times someone can have this enchantment put on them per day/week (perhaps once per day, or 8-10 times per week)? People who don't play as much will still be able to burn, with the x6 multiplier, as many usps as they want. People who level once or more per day will probably still use it, but with the limitation, stay on relatively equal footing.

As it stands now, the gap between those who have the resources to pump into lots of usps and those who don't will widen even more. It may take a few months, though I think it will become apparent in a few weeks. So, does anyone else have some thoughts on this?

#49 gothador_morbidprogn

gothador_morbidprogn
  • Guests

Posted 15 August 2007 - 21:45

well. at half strength, 3x AP 3x XP I just went up 144 levels in one vial.

45 minutes.

normally, at absolute best server speeds i can get 40 levels per MML. and thats workin my ass off, no distractions.

i got 144 levels while the server was a bit slower than it has been (server speed has been so fast it's painful, ROCK!!) and while i was slackin, keeping track of stuff, takin care of the kiddo trying to sleep etc... i was distracted.

and thats HALF strength.

imagine what I at my level could do with a spot on server, no distractions and the full enchant, 6x AP and XP. i bet you at 110mil xp per level, that in 2 MMLs i could do more than 1000 levels.

this is a complete and total change of the game.

don't get me wrong, one part of me loves it. i LOVE leveling that fast.

but mostly, i think this enchant spells the doom of Gothador.

it's the end of competition when it comes to leveling. all you need is an hour or two and you'll accomplish things you never thought you could.

i know it was created to solve some issues and as i said, part of me loves it. but i think that no matter how much people love it now, it needs to be changed. at the very least limited. it's too overpowered. and no, i'm not worried about someone passing me, it's happened before loads of times. tis how it goes. i am worried about the game as a whole.

some kind of cap needs put on it. like max out at 3x and you can use the enchant 1 or maybe 2 times a day. something. tis just way too overpowered.

#50 gothador_gmbh

gothador_gmbh
  • Guests

Posted 15 August 2007 - 21:47

Maybe change it to a max at level 20? and change it now before anyone spends the time and gets it higher.

#51 bayer143

bayer143

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 260 posts

Posted 15 August 2007 - 21:49

too late.. mine is already over level 20 and I know of others that are close to (probably over by now) to level 30

#52 morwen

morwen

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 159 posts

Posted 15 August 2007 - 21:53

Doubling the rate would be more than enough...

i mean, the enchant is called doubler, right?
double is as far as i know (and dictionaries agree) is TWICE as much, not 3 times or 6 times.

#53 gothador_morbidprogn

gothador_morbidprogn
  • Guests

Posted 15 August 2007 - 21:54

lets put it this way as well. i was not only hunting Yvew Overlords. i was killing all the Usual Suspects in MD as well. in the last minute i saw my current level and decided to bust it out, if i could to 19700. in the last 1:14 of my MML vial, i gained 10 levels.

1 minute.

10 levels.

110mil per level.

1.1 billion XP in 1 minute.

half strength.

contemplate it. just contemplate it.

is this whats really best for the game?

#54 Mysticalme

Mysticalme

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,545 posts

Posted 15 August 2007 - 22:02

And this is you without the benefits of all the lower levels, that would make it even more beneficial and/or overpowered for those outside the top 10 and even outside the top 100. I'm loving it, I can zoom but as morby said, think about it.

#55 gothador_fryhole

gothador_fryhole
  • Guests

Posted 15 August 2007 - 22:11

some kind of cap needs put on it. like max out at 3x and you can use the enchant 1 or maybe 2 times a day. something. tis just way too overpowered.

That's exactly what I was thinking. The enchant as it is will irrevocably change the game, and not in a good way.

In terms of a cap, I proposed the idea of 8-10 times per week before (as opposed to 1-2 per day) for the sake of the more casual levelers who might only even level heavily a couple times a week, and could then use these enchants for the 7 or 8 chunks of their vial time.

One thing that might be fairly solvable, but would be a problem down the road, is "malicious" enchanting. If there is a cap on the number of times you can be enchanted, someone might come along and try to enchant you when you aren't ready or logged in, and screw you for the day. Again, should be solvable, but something else to consider.

#56 gothador_morbidprogn

gothador_morbidprogn
  • Guests

Posted 15 August 2007 - 22:12

max your Doubler enchant.

cast it on a level 1 alt.

give them a blood rage scroll.

take level 1 alt out to MD

lower a Yvew Overlord to 1 HP.

400MIL + xp in 1 AP

#57 gothador_gmbh

gothador_gmbh
  • Guests

Posted 15 August 2007 - 22:30

Morbys right, this will get out of hand and only serve to distance the "haves" from the "have-nots"....maybe cut the effect in half and still ration out how many times per week it can be used?

6 times the xp for a bonus is a bit extreme though...now that I've thought about it.

#58 gothador_supernovaci

gothador_supernovaci
  • Guests

Posted 15 August 2007 - 23:17

max your Doubler enchant.

cast it on a level 1 alt.

give them a blood rage scroll.

take level 1 alt out to MD

lower a Yvew Overlord to 1 HP.

400MIL + xp in 1 AP

I think in this scenario the enchant would help you more than your alt. Because without the enchant he could still get the same 400MIL xp if you went out and lowered 6 Yvew Overlords down to 1HP for him to kill costing him just 6AP...but you would save yourself the AP of having to lower all those creatures for him.

AP difference for the alt....5AP
AP difference for you....a whole lot more ;)

#59 gothador_gmbh

gothador_gmbh
  • Guests

Posted 15 August 2007 - 23:40

Didn't take people too long to catch on and get their alts out there either. I hear WDV's getting a lot more common by the minute :lol:

#60 gothador_metalhead66

gothador_metalhead66
  • Guests

Posted 16 August 2007 - 00:31

*watches the ecomony die*

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: