Neon

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,000 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 23 August 2013 - 13:42

This suggestion is to make some base level gains more fair, and energy more appealing.

One thing that would make the game much more convenient is larger Mana pools. However "Energy" isn't really an appealing  attribute to choose when assigning points. Infact you need Energy less when playing a class such as a full prophet.. when joining the game you would assume the magic classes would use much more of it.

The point here is not to lower the Mana costs but to increase the base gain of energy.

There are a few ideas I have. These are:

- Every level everyone gains 100 Mana per level. This would even out at around 5-5.5k mana at level 35 (No energy points).

- Alongside the current "6" Attribute points you gain per level. You are assigned "Origin Points" You will be able to assign either 100HP or 100Mana Per level (I'm not sure what the current gains are per level, other than 1 attribute in every stat). This would allow for full customization and larger HP/Mana pools. Which would make the game much more convenient, not easy. But convenient.

Moving on to Energy itself, the attribute should give larger Mana gains, 1 point should yield 30-50 Mana.

My reason for suggesting this rise in Mana is for a good cause.

Firstly, with larger Mana pools (and even HP pools). It is much more possible to start adding even harder bosses, you may argue "but Mana isn't keeping you alive". However constantly having to worry about your Mana and using a potion after say every 1 minute (for most classes bar the prophet, and in some-cases the mage) really effects how you play.  I'm judging this opinion from the "Avatar of Amun". The Mana drain is large, and for classes such as assassin, archer, templar, warrior and mage (unless part-prophet) you will almost always be using a Mana potion in EVERY situation. 

This wouldn't effect the PvP side of the game that much, it would pro-long fights in 1v1.. but most of Eldevin pvp is currently team versus.

a5kwtf.png

My YouTube Channel - Click Here

#2 ExtremelyPoliteGuy

ExtremelyPoliteGuy

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 529 posts
  • Badge

Posted 23 August 2013 - 14:08

Larger mana pool could make mixed mage builds immortal - mana shield + redempt + RD + regen aura + Virtual mana pool given by Freemind.

IGN

Captain Politness lvl 1 War.Ass.Pro.

Man.... its boring!!!!  Lets do some everyday TEAM PVP

#3 Neon

Neon

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,000 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 23 August 2013 - 14:19

Larger mana pool could make mixed mage builds immortal - mana shield + redempt + RD + regen aura + Virtual mana pool given by Freemind.

A Prophet does not need mana potions, they will use hp potions and/or stamina potions. A larger mana pool would not make any class "immortal" it would simply pro-long fights in a few minor situations, such as 1v1 PvP. Even so, it would not effect the fights much. Some classes can currently hit 3000's upwards. Mana would not effect the fight drastically. The point of this is to give classes more base mana to work with, and energy a more appealing attribute to choose when leveling up.

Potions are becoming more of a side thing, rather than something you will consistently use to keep yourself alive. As most classes you have to rely on mana potions, or stamina to actually make a mark in a fight.

I'm speaking from trying out every class in all situations, pvp, team work and solo. (Bar ranger and warrior, but I have close friends who I've summed their feedback from). I am solely against making the game easier, as personally I like a challenge. When I make a suggestion I do consider all the effects it would have.

a5kwtf.png

#4 ExtremelyPoliteGuy

ExtremelyPoliteGuy

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 529 posts
  • Badge

Posted 23 August 2013 - 14:55

Good arguments.

Why not give it a try.

+1

But still there woud be some few immortals )

IGN

#5 Neon

Neon

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,000 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 23 August 2013 - 15:10

Good arguments.

Why not give it a try.

+1

But still there woud be some few immortals )

Well it's not up to me haha, HCS would have to agree and it would be extra time on their part. :P

a5kwtf.png

#6 Tremendous

Tremendous

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 23 August 2013 - 16:21

"- Every level everyone gains 100 Mana per level. This would even out at around 5-5.5k mana at level 35 (No energy points)."

I think that's way too much mana. It becomes too easy to play - I like challenges when you really have to think where do you put your points. And you have to eat food to get your mana up. If mana pool is too big talent like Enlighten is way too powerful.

Energy attribute should only give a little larger Mana gains, not too much.

#7 Tremendous

Tremendous

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 23 August 2013 - 16:27

Just one more thought.

Personally I think that it ruins the game if you can just spam all the abilities, and you dont have to think about mana at all.

#8 Mongo

Mongo

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,879 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 23 August 2013 - 17:33

If you need a bigger Mana pool you add points to Energy as you level up?  :P

Visit my shop! Mongo's Emporium for emotes, pets, vanity and more!

#9 Neon

Neon

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,000 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 23 August 2013 - 19:22

If you need a bigger Mana pool you add points to Energy as you level up?  :P

Did you not read the topic :S? "Energy" is not a viable option to choose.

This opinion I'm basing off is having played with some points in energy, the gain is so small it's almost un-noticeable, there's no need to currently choose energy over anything else, you will be wasting points.

The point of this is to give larger mana-pools so a mana type potion is not necessary for everything when playing all classes bar a semi-prophet build. The higher stats boost in energy will also give people a choice when deciding to have even larger pools, that are noticeable from the average "no energy" mana pool.

Playing almost all classes and having to constantly rely on mana potions every minute in a fight is not "skill" but just an unneeded spam of potions. For some classes you will never be able to use a health potion, you will always need to rely of the mana, stamina, or rejuv (anything that provides you with a high mana boost). Simply choosing to drink a full health potion instead would result in loosing your footing in a fight and messing things up.

All this is doing is extending the pools by which seems to be a reasonable amount that won't effect the majority of gameplay, the only plus that it will positively make fights much more fun and interesting. 

a5kwtf.png

#10 LostinSpace

LostinSpace

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 102 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 23 August 2013 - 19:25

Build to build, Newbie , Low lvl so can't to much for uper lvl's caped at 35 as of right now with anoth 5 lvl to come! All about build skill set up! More mana would help , Crafting when lvl 40 come's get better pot's and verite of food bonus, Aside from those See needed for 2 nd look!

Starting out, not sure en gain think was some like 10/20 mp per point , Is fraly low say for True point is farly worthless add point's for output gain!

+1

On need of tweek here!

Just one more thought.

Personally I think that it ruins the game if you can just spam all the abilities, and you dont have to think about mana at all.

Tremendous

So perf to the off set of pot's!

Issue is having to spam and rely on pot's not base bar last longer in fighter for those class main Dmg - Support is mana Bar - Pot's can only do so much before your useless!

Enegery Point gain is low.

Meow!!!!!

Frog lvl 40 - Seeking To3 - TR Grind!

#11 Mongo

Mongo

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,879 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 23 August 2013 - 19:38

You want more Mana? level up your Mana. Just because you want to put all your level up points in other stats, does not mean Mana is useless, it just means you chose those other stats above Mana, because that is how you choose to play.

I level up Vitality, I have loads of it now... you could do the same with Mana and  boost it more with Energy Stews, but you chose not to.

If your Mana gets low, use a potion.

I really do not see a problem and yes I read everything you wrote  :P

Visit my shop! Mongo's Emporium for emotes, pets, vanity and more!

#12 Neon

Neon

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,000 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 23 August 2013 - 19:49

You want more Mana? level up your Mana. Just because you want to put all your level up points in other stats, does not mean Mana is useless, it just means you chose those other stats above Mana, because that is how you choose to play.

I level up Vitality, I have loads of it now... you could do the same with Mana and  boost it more with Energy Stews, but you chose not to.

If your Mana gets low, use a potion.

I really do not see a problem and yes I read everything you wrote  :P

That's not the point of this topic.. I'm not going to explain it all again because it's in post #1...

You want more Mana? level up your Mana.

It's not for personal gain it's for a global effect to make potions less of a repeatable task and more of a decision, not a reliability. 

a5kwtf.png

#13 ExtremelyPoliteGuy

ExtremelyPoliteGuy

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 529 posts
  • Badge

Posted 23 August 2013 - 21:20

I actually agree with Mongo. It seems more or less balanced right now, and as it was said earlier we would see some immortals and high damage spammers. If mana is not the stat to put points in then people will just max sorc\ranged\melee and  will constanly spam high cost skills without any need to use pots. Mana is a tactical aspect in PVP and on bosses, and its use is a matter of planning.

Almost all classes have the regenerating talents - so you choose whether to have more mana\mana regen whether to put in damage.

IGN

#14 ZarkkDaSlayer

ZarkkDaSlayer

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Badge

Posted 23 August 2013 - 21:49

I think too that mana regeneration is well balanced now.
You can always choose skills like Volley. It's actually usefull for soloing bosses.

#15 Neon

Neon

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,000 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 23 August 2013 - 22:51

I'm not sure you guys understand the point of this suggestion. :/

a5kwtf.png

#16 UrcK

UrcK

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 548 posts
  • Badge

Posted 24 August 2013 - 00:34

I was thinking Your idea is good .. maybe combine it with this idea ...

Added Level up style point/s for 'Gathering' and/or  'Crafting' per Level Up.

make it assignable or based on which you did the most of during that level .

#17 ExtremelyPoliteGuy

ExtremelyPoliteGuy

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 529 posts
  • Badge

Posted 24 August 2013 - 00:35

I'm not sure you guys understand the point of this suggestion. :/

This whole forum is about misunderstanding :D

You suggest using less mana pots. Because for now they are needed alot with every boss\long fight. But its kind of ok for RPG to use alot of pots.

But what would people click on during that free time they get  with larger mana pool? :)

You suggest 5,5 K mana at 35 but it actually gets unlimited(refreshes faster than you spend) at about 3,9k with regen aura. :) - checked that on dragon with mixed mage\prophet build.

I did support your idea just to have fun for a week or two until HCS surely turns back the mana increase if they make one.

Such increase might also cause reduction of alchemy\gathering activity.

This surely will make the gameplay easier but it is quite easy already.

IGN

#18 UrcK

UrcK

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 548 posts
  • Badge

Posted 24 August 2013 - 00:47

I was thinking Your idea is good .. maybe combine it with this idea ...

Added Level up style point/s for 'Gathering' and/or  'Crafting' per Level Up.

make it assignable or based on which you did the most of during that level .

I'll take this to its own post ... apologies for sidetrack

#19 xtimesbetaplay

xtimesbetaplay

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 29 posts
  • Badge

Posted 24 August 2013 - 14:19

This is a pot game.. especially for mana classes.. which is mostly mage! ;)

I´d rather prefer to rise the mana regeneration gain, so it pays out to invest many points in mana skills

Official-Feedback-Thread on the Beta: http://forums.hunted...ic=56517&page=2

103d9ig.jpg

#20 dragon1234

dragon1234

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,287 posts
  • Badge

Posted 25 August 2013 - 01:01

100 extra mana is way too much, I would suggest something that is related to the skill points into classes. If you have x points in say a mage build, you gain k*x*level in mana. You can mix it up for other classes too say everything in Energy for a templar or some ratio for other classes.

dragon1234 - Ranger - lv 45

NoExercise - Tank - lv 45

DragonStorage - Storage - lv 13

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: