Photo

FSH key components

• Please log in to reply
147 replies to this topic

Poll: Fallen Sword Helper (208 member(s) have cast votes)

What features should take priority?

1. Footprints (68 votes [6.25%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 6.25%

2. Quick Kill / Drink / Drop / Send (127 votes [11.67%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 11.67%

3. Quick Buff (101 votes [9.28%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 9.28%

4. Bio feature to sell buffs (84 votes [7.72%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 7.72%

5. Do Not Kill list (59 votes [5.42%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 5.42%

6. Guild Inventory (81 votes [7.44%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 7.44%

7. Show Gold on Player (24 votes [2.21%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 2.21%

8. Combat Logs (38 votes [3.49%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 3.49%

9. Online Allies/Enemies (45 votes [4.14%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 4.14%

10. Highlight PvP / GvG Targets (44 votes [4.04%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 4.04%

11. Sortable Guild Advisor (49 votes [4.50%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 4.50%

12. "Last 7 Days" on the guild advisor (33 votes [3.03%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 3.03%

13. Combat Evaluation (69 votes [6.34%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 6.34%

14. Recipe Manager (46 votes [4.23%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 4.23%

15. Quick Recall / Quick Wear (86 votes [7.90%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 7.90%

16. Backpack Manager AH links & "Check All" (67 votes [6.16%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 6.16%

17. Add ZERO features (4 votes [0.37%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 0.37%

18. Add ALL suggested features (28 votes [2.57%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 2.57%

19. Fetch Creature Stats (from UFSG) (35 votes [3.22%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 3.22%

What features should take priority? (Continued)

1. Search for Buffs (70 votes [33.33%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 33.33%

2. Default Hunting Buffs (39 votes [18.57%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 18.57%

3. Quick Extract Components (60 votes [28.57%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 28.57%

4. Bulk Sell (16 votes [7.62%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 7.62%

5. Wanted / Active Bounties (7 votes [3.33%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 3.33%

6. Finish off AH integration (8 votes [3.81%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 3.81%

7. Creature Logs (2 votes [0.95%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 0.95%

8. Personal Inventory Manager (8 votes [3.81%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 3.81%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,130 posts
  • Australia

Posted 22 July 2013 - 22:19

Hoof has asked me to start this thread ('cos I couldn't find the first one) regarding what features of the FSH should be implemented into core game code first...

To that end, there's a poll above - and, if I've missed anything, I'll add to the poll ..

The top 3-5 will get the first look from the almighty ;)

Homer : Marge, don't discourage the boy. Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals .. except the weasel.

Eddie Izzard : The National Rifle Association say that guns don't kill people, people do. But I think the gun helps, you know ? I think it helps. I think just standing there going "BANG" - that's not going to kill too many people, is it ?

I don't mean to sound pessimistic, but it seems that everything I eat lately turns to poo ...

#2 evilbry

evilbry

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,172 posts
  • New Zealand

Posted 22 July 2013 - 22:40

From a coder/developer point of view, I would like to see the features which are more resource intensive (bandwidth and database for example) being rolled out first to improve game and player performance.

In some cases we can nail more than one bird with one update. For example:
At the moment, there's a feature where you can highlight and ask for buffs.
there's also a feature where you can search for buffs (by name) in bio's
The latter uses about 30MB of data each time you do a detailed search. What I would like to see is a function/feature where by you can choose an option to "sell buffs" and attach a price to them. They will be listed in your bio and people can select (tick boxes) the ones they want.
You can have an upgradable feature for buff packs
With that functionality there, you then can have a new page where you can search for buffers so you go to the page and can tick boxes to find people with the buffs you want (also listing their prices) with people only appear if they are online for ~15-30 mins for example.

There's a bunch of other changes like this and I think they would be better for improving the overall performance from a server and local point of view.

#3 aa0007

aa0007

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,379 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 22 July 2013 - 22:43

How come hoof never asks me to start this kind of stuff? :P.

But if I had to choose 3 as a personal request, I'd choose them in this order:

1. Footprints (Yes I know it's planned development, I just want it to take priority). It really helps when doing something like SEs, lets me know which spots I've missed. Same goes for parsing for elites :).

2. Guild inventory - This is a FSH feature that can certainly be sped up with the resources that the FS team has ... ie servers and tons of caching.

3. Online Allies/enemies - this is useful, and shouldn't take more than a day to implement as I think it just would end up using the same code as the online guild members.

Footnote: I'm against show gold on player implemented as a code functionality and I think it should be taken out of the FSH code as well :D.

#4 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,130 posts
  • Australia

Posted 22 July 2013 - 23:00

Footnote: I'm against show gold on player implemented as a code functionality and I think it should be taken out of the FSH code as well :D.

Personally, I agree with you .... I think PvP should involve an element of research, LOOK for a target, not just have the helper do it for you.

But, as it's an existing feature in the FSH, I had to add it to the poll. 

Homer : Marge, don't discourage the boy. Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals .. except the weasel.

Eddie Izzard : The National Rifle Association say that guns don't kill people, people do. But I think the gun helps, you know ? I think it helps. I think just standing there going "BANG" - that's not going to kill too many people, is it ?

I don't mean to sound pessimistic, but it seems that everything I eat lately turns to poo ...

#5 RebornJedi

RebornJedi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,450 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 23:02

sortable advisor ;)

#6 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,130 posts
  • Australia

Posted 22 July 2013 - 23:06

sortable advisor ;)

Forgot that one - now added ..

#7 watagashi

watagashi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,977 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 00:08

I think a option should be added "they have a hard time finishing other stuff let players keep helping with FSH and leave it as is"

As a long time user of FSH isnt online allys a part of FS sidebar already?

#8 muabnesor

muabnesor

• Members
  • Pip
  • 41 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 00:35

Combat evaluation was left off.  I appreciate knowing how I will do against different creatures.

#9 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,130 posts
  • Australia

Posted 23 July 2013 - 01:09

Combat evaluation was left off.  I appreciate knowing how I will do against different creatures.

Added this too - although, like the "show gold on player" option, I think it's un-necessary and shouldn't be implemented in core code. It's way too easy to find out if you can beat a creature or not so this is just laziness ;) (nothing personal btw)

#10 watagashi

watagashi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,977 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 01:34

4 real if they will tell you if you are safe to attack a creature the least they can do is tell us how much gold you carry :D should always be some risk right?

#11 yotwehc

yotwehc

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,942 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 01:39

Yes, I'm lazy

#12 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,130 posts
  • Australia

Posted 23 July 2013 - 02:21

I think a option should be added "they have a hard time finishing other stuff let players keep helping with FSH and leave it as is"

As a long time user of FSH isnt online allys a part of FS sidebar already?

You seem to be under the misapprehension that there is still a team of developers working on the FSH ??

There isn't ...

There's ONE person, who now has far more important things to concern himself about - a new child..

Why do you think so many things no longer work ? - why do you think updates are so few and far between now ?

There used to be an update almost every day ...

#13 aa0007

aa0007

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,379 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 23 July 2013 - 02:27

You seem to be under the misapprehension that there is still a team of developers working on the FSH ??

There isn't ...

There's ONE person, who now has far more important things to concern himself about - a new child..

Why do you think so many things no longer work ? - why do you think updates are so few and far between now ?

Another reason. From what Yuuzhan tells me, much of the code is written from a level that needs to be rewritten to make many of the newer updates work. Reading through the code tells me that there's a lot of stuff that would be both faster for FSH users and the game servers if it was implemented server side and had access to those resources (databases and such where various queries can be done serversided, rather than continuously transmitted through data). Besides, as I said in another thread, a 3rd party script should not be required to play the game effectively :D.

#14 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,130 posts
  • Australia

Posted 23 July 2013 - 02:38

Another reason. From what Yuuzhan tells me, much of the code is written from a level that needs to be rewritten to make many of the newer updates work. Reading through the code tells me that there's a lot of stuff that would be both faster for FSH users and the game servers if it was implemented server side and had access to those resources (databases and such where various queries can be done serversided, rather than continuously transmitted through data). Besides, as I said in another thread, a 3rd party script should not be required to play the game effectively :D.

I'd love to see most of the FSH in-built. But, also, would love to see some of it's functionality gone completely :)

#15 muabnesor

muabnesor

• Members
  • Pip
  • 41 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 02:52

Then, is it a question of what do you not want to see implemented from FSH?

#16 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,130 posts
  • Australia

Posted 23 July 2013 - 03:07

Then, is it a question of what do you not want to see implemented from FSH?

It's a game-wide question of what players want implemented from the FSH so that, once it's done, all scripts can be made "illegal" and hopefully cut back on any real or perceived cheating.

#17 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,130 posts
  • Australia

Posted 23 July 2013 - 03:54

New poll options added ...

#18 RebornJedi

RebornJedi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,450 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 05:02

There isn't ...

same could be said about hoof ;)

#19 evilbry

evilbry

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,172 posts
  • New Zealand

Posted 23 July 2013 - 05:17

zorg is occasionally allowed to touch code. Good things happen when he gets his mitts on the code, like free stam!

#20 Mister Doom

Mister Doom

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,518 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 23 July 2013 - 12:39

"Quick Kill / Drink / Drop / Send"

The only one I ticked. The rest just perpetuate the culture of laziness.

EnhancedShardoom1-1.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: