85 replies to this topic

#1 yghorbeviahn

yghorbeviahn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,654 posts

Posted 03 September 2015 - 06:07

I'll ask you to list the  main reasons why you use Fallen Sword Helper (FSH), so HCS staff can check in the future and decide what to implement on the game and with more or less priority.

I'll update this post along with the opitions.

Edited by yghorbeviahn, 03 September 2015 - 07:02.

#2 yghorbeviahn

yghorbeviahn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,654 posts

Posted 03 September 2015 - 06:09

1 - Quick link to Scout Tower via Titan Log.
2 - Quick recall/wear on Report Page.
3 - Fast take on Mailbox.

#3 rowbeth

rowbeth

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,108 posts

Posted 03 September 2015 - 06:46

I thought we had had one of these threads not so long ago. I also remember from that thread that providing just three was not a good way to record my preferences: there were too many, and as the thread developed I kept on being reminded of really good functions that I had forgotten were actually down to FSH. So I've given a longer list below, as they are all functions that are important to my FS experience, and no doubt I'll want to add more once I've thought a bit longer

inventory and guild managers

creature logs (though wished they also worked with the new map)

quick wear/use and quick-wear inventrory

get all resources

enhanced control of sidebars (hide/show boxes; hide/show individual guild info widgets)

enhanced online dots

colour special creatures

temple alert

Edit: shindrak's post on page 3 has made me remember all the page loads I avoid by using FSH: things like quick wear/use (keyboard shortcut v) which lets me activate a dozen potions with one page load instead of a dozen, or the quick take from the mailbox which lets me select items to take without waiting for a page load after each selection)

Edited by rowbeth, 19 September 2015 - 11:09.

#4 yghorbeviahn

yghorbeviahn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,654 posts

Posted 03 September 2015 - 07:05

I thought we had had one of these threads not so long ago. I also remember from that thread that providing just three was not a good way to record my preferences: there were too many, and as the thread developed I kept on being reminded of really good functions that I had forgotten were actually down to FSH. So I've given a longer list below, as they are all functions that are important to my FS experience, and no doubt I'll want to add more once I've thought a bit longer

I removed the 'list 3' from the first post, so players can list as many as they wish to.

Yeah, we had this a time ago (1 and half year I think), and they implemented some things, I think now is a good time to start the list of reasons people use FSH, and in the future put those options together on a pool so players can vote about some things they want to implement first.

#5 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,130 posts
  • Australia

Posted 03 September 2015 - 11:51

All facilities in the FSH should be implemented so that it can, once and for all, be banned.

Don't get me wrong, I love the functionality it offers, but that functionality should be IN-GAME and not an add-on.

Also, removing the "stock" FSH will also mean any "tinkered with" versions of it are also outlawed - and we all know that there are some of those around ;)

Homer : Marge, don't discourage the boy. Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals .. except the weasel.

Eddie Izzard : The National Rifle Association say that guns don't kill people, people do. But I think the gun helps, you know ? I think it helps. I think just standing there going "BANG" - that's not going to kill too many people, is it ?

I don't mean to sound pessimistic, but it seems that everything I eat lately turns to poo ...

#6 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 03 September 2015 - 11:52

FSH is not something you can "ban". Anything other then FSH is though. IE alterations to FSH code etc.

Edited by EpicPiety, 03 September 2015 - 11:53.

#7 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,130 posts
  • Australia

Posted 03 September 2015 - 12:02

FSH is not something you can "ban". Anything other then FSH is though. IE alterations to FSH code etc.

Of course you can ban it ...

Implement the features and then ban ALL scripts.

At the moment, the FSH is an approved script and thus, by default, so are "tinkered with" versions - because, as far as I understand it, they're hard / impossible to differentiate between the real and "dodgy" versions.

Homer : Marge, don't discourage the boy. Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals .. except the weasel.

Eddie Izzard : The National Rifle Association say that guns don't kill people, people do. But I think the gun helps, you know ? I think it helps. I think just standing there going "BANG" - that's not going to kill too many people, is it ?

I don't mean to sound pessimistic, but it seems that everything I eat lately turns to poo ...

#8 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 03 September 2015 - 12:19

At the moment, the FSH is an approved script and thus, by default, so are "tinkered with" versions - because, as far as I understand it, they're hard / impossible to differentiate between the real and "dodgy" versions.

HCS has said tinkered with FSH is illegal. The only approved version is the latest FSH version. FSH Dev's are constantly updating things and making them better...HCS would not do that. That's why i'm 100% against banning FSH. It is a very useful tool.

Edited by EpicPiety, 03 September 2015 - 12:23.

#9 Belaric

Belaric

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 860 posts

Posted 03 September 2015 - 14:10

I don't use it anymore.

I miss guild inventory and sorting guild gear by level most of all.

But other than that I don't really notice the lack of it.

Hoof had that thread where we all said whet we liked best about FSH and he was planning to integrate the top 3 most popular options into game code. I know the sortable guild inventory made it into top 3. But it is perhaps less pressing than the other updates he has been busy with recently.

Good-bye and hello, as always.

#10 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 03 September 2015 - 14:13

I don't use it anymore.

I miss guild inventory and sorting guild gear by level most of all.

But other than that I don't really notice the lack of it.

Hoof had that thread where we all said whet we liked best about FSH and he was planning to integrate the top 3 most popular options into game code. I know the sortable guild inventory made it into top 3. But it is perhaps less pressing than the other updates he has been busy with recently.

Exactly, there lies the nessecity of FSH, gives cows time to work on other more pressing matters.

#11 sweetlou

sweetlou

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,958 posts

Posted 03 September 2015 - 14:31

I use the FS Helper because HCS and its developers won't implement the very creative features the helper provides to make the game much easier to play. They haven't implemented the features, imo, because that takes the valuable resource of time for coding to implement, and why should they when a small group has over the years been doing it for FREE! It impedes on the integrity of the game! But cost supersedes integrity. Since the Helper script was allowed to do some of the work for the developers, HCS has inadvertently allowed a few players with script coding skills to easily hijack the code for nefarious playing purposes. And that is where we stand. A few bad apples have been able to go undetected making scripts for their own purposes to automate segments of the game like composing, titan hunting, marketplace, Arena and probably every segment of the game that will profit a player with FSPs, which allows you to buy just about anything. This costs the cheater nothing, as even if they are caught, game management has allowed players to return multiple times to the outrage of a number of players.

PLEASE end the ability to easily mask cheating through ALL third party scripts!

[Signature removed]

“When you tear out a man's tongue, you are not proving him a liar, you're only telling the world that you fear what he might say.” -GRRM

#12 mary4ever

mary4ever

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 511 posts

Posted 03 September 2015 - 15:02

you are right, players have been saying this for years, there was even a thread about top 3 or 5 features you would like to see implemented from the FSH !!!

"tinkered with" versions can NOT be detected or be differentiated !!!

years ago I used the FSH, sometimes some features would not work & I would visit the forum like most players did in order to know how to solve it, most of the time the solution was posted in the forum like: go to xxx line & replace the code with xxxx !!

I never edited the FSH because I knew it was not allowed & could cost be a ban so I waited for a new FSH update to fix the issue & downloaded it from http://code.google.c...lenswordhelper/

problem is that some players manually "tinkered with" their FSH version & they did not get caught !!!

I am sure that some of you have read the forum threads were players had a problem where a feature was suddenly not working anymore & that a solution was posted to fix it like: go to xxx line & replace the code with xxxx !!

(I have not been using the FSH for over 3 years)

I really hope we can soon get rid of ALL scripts (everything should be IN-GAME) after implementing the most important FSH features into the game !!!

3 players on iggy (1 troll & 2 players whose posts never make any sense)

#13 clock96

clock96

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 880 posts
  • Badge

Posted 03 September 2015 - 15:22

Well I USED TO use it a lot when I ama logging in from computer but now I am 99% on mobile and it had no helper cuz chrome and firefox mobile apps don't allow certain add ons like grease monkey and tamper monkey, if I had the option I would 100% use it on mobile, helps in nearly everything, can't list them all, atleast it let's you see different colors for guild mates who are currently active, active during last 10 minutes or something and inactive for a long while, so I don't need to stand on each name to know the activity which is harder on mobile touch screen wherw you have to keep pressing on the name till you get the black thing that has the activity in it

clock96.gif

#14 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 03 September 2015 - 15:23

you are right, players have been saying this for years, there was even a thread about top 3 or 5 features you would like to see implemented from the FSH !!!

"tinkered with" versions can NOT be detected or be differentiated !!!

years ago I used the FSH, sometimes some features would not work & I would visit the forum like most players did in order to know how to solve it, most of the time the solution was posted in the forum like: go to xxx line & replace the code with xxxx !!

I never edited the FSH because I knew it was not allowed & could cost be a ban so I waited for a new FSH update to fix the issue & downloaded it from http://code.google.c...lenswordhelper/

problem is that some players manually "tinkered with" their FSH version & they did not get caught !!!

I am sure that some of you have read the forum threads were players had a problem where a feature was suddenly not working anymore & that a solution was posted to fix it like: go to xxx line & replace the code with xxxx !!

(I have not been using the FSH for over 3 years)

I really hope we can soon get rid of ALL scripts (everything should be IN-GAME) after implementing the most important FSH features into the game !!!

Take FSH away "they" if they even exist will make their own "script". If they have sufficient knowledge to tinker they can certainly make their own. I for one think that using multi's for personal benefit is far more of a problem then "scripting". You all know who you are, and frankly its fairly easy to catch onto.

Edited by EpicPiety, 03 September 2015 - 15:25.

#15 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,815 posts
  • Badge

Posted 03 September 2015 - 15:26

No baiting please guys. Stay on topic : What are the main reasons why you use FSH.

#16 tharzill

tharzill

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 728 posts

Posted 03 September 2015 - 19:14

I use FSH mainly because it allows me to rearrange the page display to a degree: like the FSBox, Guild Allies, Online Allies list and so on. Plus the sound on a new message (and yes, I COULD live without it, but I have gotten used to the "ding" for a new message! lol.) 

There are a lot of functions I leave as default mainly because I don't want to mess with changing them (I AM lazy after all...)

I think it would be great if HCS could incorporate the entire Helper into the game code. Go team Cow!  :D

#17 tuvok77

tuvok77

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 266 posts

Posted 03 September 2015 - 20:04

I wish I could code in FSH, I would love to tinker with it and have the script show me an output of all guilds we coudl GvG against + showing the numbers of all the hitable players for my lvl. That would be grandal!

Ontopic. I love FSH cuz it has alot of functions the game lacks. Like instant recalling (without having to reload the browser page) or stuff like putting creatures on the not to hit list. theres alot more features I use subconcious and I always feel a big difference between using it and not using it. Anyone who wants to make FSH illegal is tearing at the wrong side of the problem. FSH is a great addition to FS and as its name says, it really helps. Its not FSH fault that theres people who code and tweak it to their own benefits...

Edited by tuvok77, 03 September 2015 - 20:37.

#18 sweetlou

sweetlou

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,958 posts

Posted 03 September 2015 - 20:30

I wondered, like many other players did, why Hoof only asked for 3. Why not implement all of it, and even more? It seems logical. It would only make players happier. I understand the time resource is not unlimited. In fact it's probably the reason almost none of the features have been added with a few exceptions like Find Player gold. I'll bet the farm on it!

But I wanted to bring up a point  that I hope Hoof heard a while back. Sometimes when the developers have instituted one of the features started by the Helper, it turns out to work worse than how it worked previously. An example is the Quick Buff Menu. When it was Helper driven, the current buff levels that were active were listed next to each buff and were colored to identify that they were actively running. Now you have a very long list after you click on the players name to find out what is currently running. It's worthlessly unorganized! The buff level besides the list of buffs only identifies what buff level is possible. You don't know what is really running easily. That is the point of the Helper!!! These features need to HELP, not be inferior to what we previously had.

I know that there is a never ending list of improvements, fixes and updates. That list must be so far out of control by now it's taking a huge amount of time and it seems like little to nothing ever gets done. It would be so much more palatable as a player to see a steady stream of work being released on the game, especially with Hoof's involvement. Because let's face it, nothing happens without his approval! And communication is key! Silencing the problem or opinion doesn't make it go away, it only pisses off those that speak up about it.

[Signature removed]

“When you tear out a man's tongue, you are not proving him a liar, you're only telling the world that you fear what he might say.” -GRRM

#19 yghorbeviahn

yghorbeviahn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,654 posts

Posted 04 September 2015 - 00:23

I know you all want to argue against or in favor of FSH, and I understand that, but please, list the reasons why you use FSH so HCS can see it and implement them on the game, on their time.

Everyone agreed that the game would be a lot better if all those features was in-game, and all scripts were banned...

#20 yotwehc

yotwehc

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,942 posts

Posted 04 September 2015 - 08:38

I'll be a noob and say it... I <3 combat evaluator... sure, easy enough to do the math but hunts are already excruciatingly long.

The quick recall and the select all functions are awesome too.

There are probably a lot more but I have been using FSH since my wee days so I don't remember what's FSH and what isn't aside from my 2 examples.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: