Photo

PVP Ladder Change?

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

Poll: PVP Ladder Change? (26 member(s) have cast votes)

Make it similar to arena such as no xp loss, gold loss, or bounties, but gear durability still applicable?

1. Yes (2 votes [7.69%])

Percentage of vote: 7.69%

2. No (24 votes [92.31%])

Percentage of vote: 92.31%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 tasker

tasker

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 31 August 2014 - 05:32

People complain about bounties, some complain about losing xp, and many other reasons. Why not just take it all out. No xp loss, no bounties,no gold loss. Make it like the arena. If they really wanna do pvp, there is a thing call regular pvp. Just attack other players. It's not that hard. Of course some people will find this obstructive and not agree to it. But It'll probably solve most problems.

#2 sweetlou

sweetlou

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,958 posts

Posted 31 August 2014 - 06:29

People complain about bounties, some complain about losing xp, and many other reasons. Why not just take it all out. No xp loss, no bounties,no gold loss. Make it like the arena. If they really wanna do pvp, there is a thing call regular pvp. Just attack other players. It's not that hard. Of course some people will find this obstructive and not agree to it. But It'll probably solve most problems.

They already have it, go start a GvG conflict! It's what you want.

[Signature removed]

“When you tear out a man's tongue, you are not proving him a liar, you're only telling the world that you fear what he might say.” -GRRM

#3 Davros81

Davros81

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 949 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 31 August 2014 - 07:22

No, this should not even be a discussion :rolleyes:

#4 BadPenny

BadPenny

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,282 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 31 August 2014 - 10:16

O M G

When will folks quit trying to Nerf PvP... My god, we're playing a game where we kill things... and each other...

PvP needs to have risk involved...  I've lost and gained so many levels it's not even funny... and I'll tell you this... I didn't bleed, it didn't hurt, and I lived to fight another day...

Edited by BadPenny, 31 August 2014 - 10:17.

Just one old lady's opinion

krQtqDH.jpg

~Love, Penny

Have you hugged your Quango lately?

#5 Melons

Melons

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 171 posts

Posted 31 August 2014 - 18:51

If you don't like the ladder stay out of it! That's why the cows added a Opt-in button.

#6 sweetlou

sweetlou

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,958 posts

Posted 31 August 2014 - 23:27

If you don't like the ladder stay out of it! That's why the cows added a Opt-in button.

And hopefully they are going to reconsider that addition. Opting in and PvP protection spoiled players with in unrealistic view of a PvP game. PvP protection is really only for the players with wealth to burn, even for the rock bottom price of 200k per day. It's the bourgeois upgrade.

[Signature removed]

“When you tear out a man's tongue, you are not proving him a liar, you're only telling the world that you fear what he might say.” -GRRM

#7 tasker

tasker

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 01 September 2014 - 02:33

No need to get but hurt people. I just offered you a solution to all your problems. I mean only the high level and low level players complain about this which is so annoying. Those in the middle could care less about pvp like me. PvP won't change for like another decade or so.

#8 yghorbeviahn

yghorbeviahn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,654 posts

Posted 01 September 2014 - 05:52

Ok, you tryed, but this will a 'non-PvP Ladder'....

What I would like to see on ladder is:

- No 'opt-in' system (If that doesn't happen, at least get rid of Deflect)
- New rewards.
- Ladder hits bountyable again.
- No attack = No Medal tick and no tokens.

#9 BadPenny

BadPenny

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,282 posts

Posted 01 September 2014 - 06:51

YES YES YES
- New rewards.

YES YES YES 

NO, THIS IS DUMB

THIS

krQtqDH.jpg

~Love, Penny

#10 yghorbeviahn

yghorbeviahn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,654 posts

Posted 01 September 2014 - 06:56

NO, THIS IS DUMB

I say that if we finally get rid of the 'opt-in' system :)

#11 avvakum

avvakum

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,655 posts

Posted 01 September 2014 - 18:25

No.

I would add xp loss/gain to the Arena though.

#12 yodamus

yodamus

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,119 posts

Posted 01 September 2014 - 19:36

No.

I would add xp loss/gain to the Arena though.

a super big no...we cant get anyone to play arena as it is...arena dead..new update killed it...and this would make it worse..already takes days , even over a week for some to start..

#13 yotekiller

yotekiller

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,543 posts

Posted 01 September 2014 - 20:12

As of right now, the vote is 15-0 against this idea which means it's such a bad idea, even the OP couldn't bring himself to vote for it.

Screenshot everything!

#14 tasker

tasker

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 01 September 2014 - 20:21

As of right now, the vote is 15-0 against this idea which means it's such a bad idea, even the OP couldn't bring himself to vote for it.

15? That's not even close to 5 % of the FS Community. 

- New rewards.

If anything this should be implemented into the game. 

#15 BadPenny

BadPenny

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,282 posts

Posted 02 September 2014 - 01:18

Make that 16-0.... PvP without risk is called the arena, or GvG.... which have long been in place... leave real PvP alone please...

krQtqDH.jpg

~Love, Penny

#16 cleardawn

cleardawn

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 113 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 02 September 2014 - 12:20

Those who choose not to participate in pvp have plenty of options which will allow for them to not have to; for example, you can purchase pvp protection pretty cheap now for gold and you can choose not to op in the ladder or hit on the bounty board. You can also get smart and make sure you wear offline sets that contain protection enhancements and talk to your guild about relics that can reinforce it, buy a good offline set that stops prestige hunters and make sure you do not hold large amounts of gold to keep the gold hunters at bay ~ I honest dont see any issues with the system; if you are genuinely against participation you simply take such steps! easy! 

unfortunately those who usually 'complain' are usually players that participate and get fingers burnt or make mistakes ~ support would do well to advise these players on how to avoid pvp and that be the end of it.  I see no point to this thread.

Cheers! ;)

#17 justinian9

justinian9

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 443 posts

Posted 02 September 2014 - 13:05

The ladder is fun and everyone that joins should know you are going to lose XP.  The only issue i see is crews camping out on ladders... this can be fun if you enjoy the ladder as you have a lot of targets but they only have non-crew members to attack but it seems to me that this is only being done to keep others from joining the ladder. 

Make it where only 2 from a crew can join a ladder  (like the arena) OR make it were no rewards nor time to dominate ladder is awarded unless attacks occur or only 1 player is on the ladder.

Add a gold price to play the ladder.

#18 cleardawn

cleardawn

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 113 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 02 September 2014 - 13:33

As far as i can see issues with ladder are ~ although it was made 'non-bountable' you can still hit those you are competing with on non related bounties on the board and take points which makes this kinda pointless. Also if a player is opted in and they go inactive they still show yet you can not take points from them just xp..which means they stay at 1000 points and often take rewards for placement a kinda bug i guess. :)

#19 cleardawn

cleardawn

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 113 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 02 September 2014 - 13:42

as for 'crews' i find more the merrier! although when your crew is as good a badpenny there you dont get a look in at top spot! :D

#20 justinian9

justinian9

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 443 posts

Posted 02 September 2014 - 14:21

As far as i can see issues with ladder are ~ although it was made 'non-bountable' you can still hit those you are competing with on non related bounties on the board and take points which makes this kinda pointless. Also if a player is opted in and they go inactive they still show yet you can not take points from them just xp..which means they stay at 1000 points and often take rewards for placement a kinda bug i guess. :)

I dont play the ladder that much... did not know they (inactives) stayed on the list, I thought they dropped off. Good to know information, thanks

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: