25 replies to this topic

#21 sweetlou

sweetlou

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,958 posts

Posted 31 January 2018 - 21:17

PvP Seasons Global, hmmmm, would that be a brake from the norm?  C'mon cows take the "bull" by the horns and just do it.

Cheers.

wil72

That's a big ask in the current environment.

[Signature removed]

“When you tear out a man's tongue, you are not proving him a liar, you're only telling the world that you fear what he might say.” -GRRM

#22 Morgwyn

Morgwyn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 556 posts

Posted 01 February 2018 - 09:10

I do agree that the kill values for this Global should remain as they are, however, adding LE's to future globals that include them might not be a bad idea. There are quite a few that believe that GE's in general have become stale and predictable.  Maybe a little spice would go a long way in enticing the bored and those at Composing EoC, and breathe new life into what's become to many just more mundane hunting.   After all we want the entire community to enjoy these events like we all once did.   

OFC, I strongly believe, like many have stated here, that GE's have gotten too frequent.   Just being the devil's advocate here, but bored players wander off to other things.

Frequency is not the problem, diversity is. Also we as community must step away from the idea that we "have" to reach ruby at all times. 

Rewards to be gotten from GE's also reflect the participation. For many the current reward is not worth the effort. Just something we should accept. 

So in short:

1) We should not be spoiled and have an easy ruby at all times

2) GE's could use more diversity, so they are not all the same. (however, I think BG is working on a new one like suggested in another chat, so that is great and being worked on!)

3) Rewards do not have to be overpowered. Actually, for the minimum effort needed the Zorgrom chest is not even that bad

#23 BadPenny

BadPenny

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,282 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 01 February 2018 - 09:19

Not necessarily... I, myself, am extremely bored, yet I keep coming back to the game on daily basis. 

Far more often than I really want to :P

Maybe I am the exception to the rule.

Or just lack of anything better to do.

yeah, I'm here every day, but rarely do I actually "play"  I've been at or near full stam for probably 2 weeks now.  I socialize, hang around in the forums a bit, but FS hasn't captured my attention for a while.  Now, I'm unsure how much is just a side effect of RL and how much is a lack of stimulation from the game itself, but even the 15 minutes I put into a DQ feels like work, and it's hard to explain to others in my inner circle why I think FS is fun.   Games are supposed to be recreation, fun and at least sometimes exciting.  FS used to be the high point of my day, now it's just routine I guess.  Maybe I'm just too old, idk.....

But I digress. I still feel that the frequency of all FS events, from LE's to flash sales come too often to be special anymore.   Seasonal events revolve around titans, and all PvP needs CPR in the worst way.   Yet I'll be back tomorrow, on this teeny phone, in hopes of something special that truly is ....

Just one old lady's opinion

krQtqDH.jpg

~Love, Penny

Have you hugged your Quango lately?

#24 BadPenny

BadPenny

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,282 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 01 February 2018 - 09:31

Frequency is not the problem, diversity is. Also we as community must step away from the idea that we "have" to reach ruby at all times. 

Rewards to be gotten from GE's also reflect the participation. For many the current reward is not worth the effort. Just something we should accept. 

So in short:

1) We should not be spoiled and have an easy ruby at all times

2) GE's could use more diversity, so they are not all the same. (however, I think BG is working on a new one like suggested in another chat, so that is great and being worked on!)

3) Rewards do not have to be overpowered. Actually, for the minimum effort needed the Zorgrom chest is not even that bad

I think you misunderstood my point.  When I started here, LE's were rare, maybe 4-5 times a year,  even double XP was just an annual thing.  I was away during 2012-2014 and came back to composing and the GE and even then,  they were several weeks apart.   

As to the ruby thing, I put my time in to get the  kills for ruby, and I'm on a 4" screen.  Imagine how I play, when I do, no keyboard shortcuts, just a tiny screen and my finger.    It's pretty disappointing that I can put in the effort, but because others cba, I get a lovely gold chest. I feel like I got ripped off, but at least, unlike other games I play, the global events aren't pay to play, so I comfort myself with that.

I don't purport to know everything, I'm just an old widow woman on social security, but I was hoping that FS could remain the one constant I could look forward to.   Hopefully the app will make gameplay as easy for me as it is for those of you with fancy computers and such.......   and maybe I'll live that long to see it.

Just one old lady's opinion

krQtqDH.jpg

~Love, Penny

Have you hugged your Quango lately?

#25 wil72

wil72

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,554 posts

Posted 01 February 2018 - 19:28

That's a big ask in the current environment.

tumblr_m182emYEkc1qjemo2o1_250.gif?resiz

or maybe it's...........

tumblr_mi12emx0vy1s2b2mgo7_250.gif

Cheers.

wil72

#26 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,815 posts
  • Badge