activeh1

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,340 posts
  • Azerbaijan

Posted 16 February 2019 - 12:17

;

Edited by activeh1, 09 April 2019 - 10:34.

5aZzW0p.png,

#2 BadPenny

BadPenny

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,279 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 16 February 2019 - 14:37

heres a thought all inactives in game should be moved out of any guild they are in 

There are many reasons this isn't a viable solution, first of which, an inactive player may come back.  I did after a long absence due to RL circumstances beyond my control, and I would have been very upset if I had lost my guild loyalty medal because my inactivity caused me to be removed from the guild.  I have also seen many returning players in recent months, many of whom have returned to a mostly inactive guild, and it should be their choice to stay or move on, not someone else's.

Just one old lady's opinion

krQtqDH.jpg

~Love, Penny

Have you hugged your Quango lately?

#3 activeh1

activeh1

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,340 posts
  • Azerbaijan

Posted 16 February 2019 - 15:29

Edited by activeh1, 09 April 2019 - 10:34.

5aZzW0p.png,

#4 BadPenny

BadPenny

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,279 posts

Posted 16 February 2019 - 16:51

but if they come back can always rejoin

Yeah, but lost medals are not reinstated.  And the guild loyalty medal is lost and reset when you leave a guild....   When I was inactive, it was due to a real life issue that kept me away from the game for months.  My guild could have kicked me, but they understood that I couldn't  be there, and I was given an "Honorable" rank until my return.  I was already a diamond medal holder at that time.  I would really have been upset to come back guildless and to have lost that distinction...

No, that's just not acceptable to most of us, especially if it's through no fault of your own.  The removal of an inactive member should  be the decision of guild councils, not outside members of the FS community.

Edited by BadPenny, 16 February 2019 - 16:55.

krQtqDH.jpg

~Love, Penny

#5 yotekiller

yotekiller

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,542 posts

Posted 16 February 2019 - 17:41

Guilds are already free to keep or kick whomever they choose, no need to complicate things.  Besides, if it's really that important to you, why haven't you kicked the inactives from your own guild?

Screenshot everything!

#6 activeh1

activeh1

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,340 posts
  • Azerbaijan

Posted 16 February 2019 - 19:57

Edited by activeh1, 09 April 2019 - 10:35.

5aZzW0p.png,

#7 sweetlou

sweetlou

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,958 posts

Posted 16 February 2019 - 22:11

then lets just make there backpacs inactive as well

"Then let's just make their backpacks inactive as well." - fixed.

I agree. Inactives should not be abused for backpack space or their xp. This issue has been raised numerous times and should have been addressed years ago to the chagrin of the game's integrity. C'est la vie!

There could have been an upgrade created for founders to place worthy players into a status whereby if/when players return so does all their accomplishments. It would have actually created more HCS revenues, so I'm surprised it was ignored. I doubt there is much will today by the game owners to shock us with any changes.

As for changing the status quo, good luck!

Edited by sweetlou, 16 February 2019 - 22:30.

[Signature removed]

“When you tear out a man's tongue, you are not proving him a liar, you're only telling the world that you fear what he might say.” -GRRM

#8 activeh1

activeh1

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,340 posts
  • Azerbaijan

Posted 16 February 2019 - 22:43

5aZzW0p.png,

#9 duktayp

duktayp

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,386 posts

Posted 17 February 2019 - 05:06

i agree with, and support, the *intent* behind the OP

#10 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 17 February 2019 - 15:28

"Then let's just make their backpacks inactive as well." - fixed.

I agree. Inactives should not be abused for backpack space or their xp. This issue has been raised numerous times and should have been addressed years ago to the chagrin of the game's integrity. C'est la vie!

There could have been an upgrade created for founders to place worthy players into a status whereby if/when players return so does all their accomplishments. It would have actually created more HCS revenues, so I'm surprised it was ignored. I doubt there is much will today by the game owners to shock us with any changes.

As for changing the status quo, good luck!

Just make it so guild store is actually used as a guild store. Remove the ability for tagged gear to be held in backpacks. Just direct equip from store and direct back when taken off. Also reduce the cost of guild store cost... Triple everyone's current stores and move the price to 15 fsps. 50 fsps for a BP slot is ridiculous. Seeing the items you are storing aren't even close to that value. Also do not remove inactives just remove their EXP when they go 30 days inactive. It can refresh once they return. I'd be disgusted if cows removed some of my members who have since passed away due to illness or age.

Edited by EpicPiety, 17 February 2019 - 15:33.

#11 BadPenny

BadPenny

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,279 posts

Posted 17 February 2019 - 21:53

Just make it so guild store is actually used as a guild store. Remove the ability for tagged gear to be held in backpacks. Just direct equip from store and direct back when taken off. Also reduce the cost of guild store cost... Triple everyone's current stores and move the price to 15 fsps. 50 fsps for a BP slot is ridiculous. Seeing the items you are storing aren't even close to that value. Also do not remove inactives just remove their EXP when they go 30 days inactive. It can refresh once they return. I'd be disgusted if cows removed some of my members who have since passed away due to illness or age.

This was the situation years ago, when a guild member died, they were not only removed from the guild, but their account was terminated.  There was a huge outcry when a beloved guild member in XXXX guild passed away after a motorcycle accident, and after much discussion, Hoof  decided that the player would be reinstated and returned to the guild.  Angel's Keep was added shortly after this.  

The practice of using inactive members as "backpack mules" is BECAUSE of the high costs and limitations of guild store slots.  To fix one problem, the other must be fixed.....  Then inactives in a guild would be a non-issue.  

Edited by BadPenny, 17 February 2019 - 23:08.

krQtqDH.jpg

~Love, Penny

#12 activeh1

activeh1

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,340 posts
  • Azerbaijan

Posted 18 February 2019 - 05:09

ok 

5aZzW0p.png,

#13 BadPenny

BadPenny

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,279 posts

Posted 18 February 2019 - 05:35

ok so out of all this the easiest fix would be to make the pack inactive ,leave them where they are and lower cost of guild slots ,as it is way so high its just silly 

Yep... why didn't you just say this in the first place :P

krQtqDH.jpg

~Love, Penny

#14 activeh1

activeh1

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,340 posts
  • Azerbaijan

Posted 18 February 2019 - 10:12

w

Edited by activeh1, 09 April 2019 - 10:36.

5aZzW0p.png,

#15 duktayp

duktayp

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,386 posts

Posted 18 February 2019 - 14:30

Yep... why didn't you just say this in the first place :P

cuz that would be "leading the witness" and not allowed in a court of law

giphy.gif

#16 Windbattle

Windbattle

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,707 posts
  • Badge

Posted 19 February 2019 - 04:42

why is this an issue for you OP? This sounds like envy to me. Give a few reasons that are not purely out of self interest why this would be a good thing for the game.

Also, i'm a player that took about a year off to pursue other interests in life and came back to my guild. Why should I lose my built up guild xp that took me nearly 10 years to build up by getting kicked out. There is also the issue of backpack space. People upgraded their space and used the mechanics of the game to allow for additional storage. You can't take that away from people, its just wrong!!

Put this in the never going to happen thread someone made a few years ago

Edited by Windbattle, 19 February 2019 - 04:49.

#17 activeh1

activeh1

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,340 posts
  • Azerbaijan

Posted 19 February 2019 - 08:25

p

Edited by activeh1, 09 April 2019 - 10:36.
Leave the personal attacks out of the post in future, okay?

5aZzW0p.png,

#18 gapukas

gapukas

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 232 posts
  • Badge

Posted 22 February 2019 - 14:55

i agree with EpicPiety, the exp shouldnt count towards guild exp after 30 days and backbacks should be a lot cheaper and remove the storing to unactive members.

#19 Windbattle

Windbattle

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,707 posts
  • Badge

Posted 23 February 2019 - 11:01

make guild store slots 15 FSP or even 20 FSP and then inactive storage isn't as big a deal. Guild store flash sale has a nice ring to it, doesn't it BG?

Edited by Windbattle, 23 February 2019 - 11:03.

#20 Windbattle

Windbattle

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,707 posts
  • Badge

Posted 23 February 2019 - 11:03

such a negitive attitude ,and no its not only for my satisfaction ,was just making a comment and asking for some back.

You made your post without considering peoples strong feelings on the subject / history in the game. I would suspect the vast majority are with me on this. This sounds like envy of bigger / richer guilds to be honest.

I haven't heard 1 reason that wasn't self interest why a change should be made.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: