Photo

Global Chat - Knowledge, suggest improvements and ask questions.

• Please log in to reply
84 replies to this topic

#21 EliteHunta

EliteHunta

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 96 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 25 August 2013 - 20:45

ok thx for advices EH :)

Welcome... If this does not sort... pm me in game and i will try help you further.

If it works... let me know =)

EH

#22 yghorbeviahn

yghorbeviahn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,654 posts

Posted 26 August 2013 - 07:12

I still have a problem with the bar under the send message button , I can't see it , I am using firefox , plz can anyone help me with that ?

Try this:
- Go to your profile and do "ctrl -", or "ctrl scroll down on mouse".
After the window change for a small view, go to World Chat again and see if it' help.

Maybe that is only a problem with the size of the windows.

#23 evilbry

evilbry

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,172 posts
  • New Zealand

Posted 26 August 2013 - 08:56

Are chat mods are strictly volunteers or are they compensated in ANY way for their time and effort?

I also receive zero compensation.

#24 bigchaos

bigchaos

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 505 posts
  • Badge

Posted 26 August 2013 - 22:33

I like to say thank you for the clarification on mods can and can not do in chat and in game. ^_^  I would like to suggest if world chat can be archived for 24hrs or at least 12hrs. The reason is this I am a person that likes to see last few hrs of chat. If it can be done it would help mods to moderate better and for us in different time zones to see what was chatted on. :) I think it will help keep drawing more folks into chat.  I know global chat moves fast and if there are several topics easy to get confuse, lost and sometimes misunderstandings on topics and content.  Thanks for letting me suggest this. :lol:   

#25 yotwehc

yotwehc

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,942 posts

Posted 26 August 2013 - 22:51

Alas, it's not as awesome as I thought it would be but at least there was one example of a new player getting generous help and hitting level 100 last night. Since this is a suggestion thread, I would thoroughly love to have chat for guilds on the world map. This would be very helpful during Titan hunts. Not a high priority but I think most people disable chat during hunts anyway. I guess I could use global chat during our Titan hunt but I imagine the rest of the community would be none to pleased

#26 RebornJedi

RebornJedi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,450 posts

Posted 26 August 2013 - 22:56

Alas, it's not as awesome as I thought it would be but at least there was one example of a new player getting generous help and hitting level 100 last night. Since this is a suggestion thread, I would thoroughly love to have chat for guilds on the world map. This would be very helpful during Titan hunts. Not a high priority but I think most people disable chat during hunts anyway. I guess I could use global chat during our Titan hunt but I imagine the rest of the community would be none to pleased

you can have guild chat on the right hand side but i do enjoy the chat right below the map.. maybe we can go further on the world map chat system.. have 3 settings.. Global, Realm, and Guild.. should have the ability to have one or two or all three showing at once? would make sense... Realm is needed now that Global Chat has gone over so well. Communication needs to be flooded open ;)

#27 yotwehc

yotwehc

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,942 posts

Posted 26 August 2013 - 23:34

you can have guild chat on the right hand side but i do enjoy the chat right below the map.. maybe we can go further on the world map chat system.. have 3 settings.. Global, Realm, and Guild.. should have the ability to have one or two or all three showing at once? would make sense... Realm is needed now that Global Chat has gone over so well. Communication needs to be flooded open ;)

The guild chat on the left is not real time and requires page reload? At least it works for me that way. Do I have my settings incorrectly setup?

#28 yotwehc

yotwehc

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,942 posts

Posted 26 August 2013 - 23:36

Did I say left? I meant my other left. On the right hand side.

#29 kalish

kalish

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 360 posts

Posted 27 August 2013 - 20:46

Good point about the guild-only chat below the map. Perhaps we can separate the chat into "rooms", with General (Gameplay), Trade, Off Topic, Guild (obv only you and your guildmates will see what happens in this one), and maybe others.

It would be impossible for the chat mods to moderate the chat for all guilds, but that should be left up to the individual guild's leadership team anyway. Guilds can always kick members that are being abusive/spamming in chat.

#30 kingkillz

kingkillz

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts
  • Badge

Posted 27 August 2013 - 22:57

Good point about the guild-only chat below the map. Perhaps we can separate the chat into "rooms", with General (Gameplay), Trade, Off Topic, Guild (obv only you and your guildmates will see what happens in this one), and maybe others.

It would be impossible for the chat mods to moderate the chat for all guilds, but that should be left up to the individual guild's leadership team anyway. Guilds can always kick members that are being abusive/spamming in chat.

As far as the guild chat on world map(IF IMPLEMENTED), How about adding a new permission for founders to issue out?

#31 Removed18058

Removed18058

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,401 posts
  • Badge

Posted 04 September 2013 - 23:25

rebornjedi no longer a moderator

ironcire is

might want to edit that

when i try to place some jap emoticons like these : ヽ(*・ω・)ノ  it says null somehow  :D

-and maybe a chance to make friends in green?

-have multiple chat rooms in the chat with following categories : newbie help, general, etc etc... just like tabs on the top of it and when a message is entered in another room than ur in it flashes in some sort of way? like this karma can be implemented so that  new players can give like 10 karma out a day to 10 different players so 1 karma per player trough the chat for when they are helped in some sort of way? (i'm just letting my toughts go atm lol :P) like this we could get some sort of star rating reward in the chat for helpfull players aswell and tell me now who doesn't fancy a few stars ? :P ofc karma shouldn't be sold so that might be a problem still so make some strict watch on that somehow? if a player get's karma like 5 days in a row he get's revised or something like that i dunno :P (just thinking how to fix problems i'm making now).

-about the guild chat why would we put it on the world map when it belongs to the right side? i mean it has been there forever might aswell keep it there no? or might have a guild chat tab in the global chat that you can switch to with a tab? only accesible for guild members? seems a lot easier to me since my screen gets so filled up already :P

let me know what you guys think because i think these would be great upgrades to the global chat :D

Fastest asv healer
Fastest rg healer

fastest icc healer in progress

Gotta go fast :P

#32 Mlafou

Mlafou

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 74 posts
  • Badge
  • United States of America

Posted 10 September 2013 - 12:29

Suggestion or thought.   Chat seems to be a bit touchy when saying some words that contain what would be considered inappropriate but the whole word itself is not...like Scrap for example can be filtered because of the word c r a p in it.  Can there be a common ground somewhere so that chat is not so touchy but still stays within the rules of chat.  Earlier today without thinking about it I replied Ewwww to someone in the chat and because of the extra W's it filtered it thinking it was a link but no link was given in the sentence. 

"Angel of HoPE, I felt the flurry of wings stiring in the air.

within the darkness a light glimmered, and HoPE was born."

#33 cajnsmiles

cajnsmiles

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts

Posted 13 October 2013 - 03:29

would like to see an ignore person option, instead of having to turn global chat completely off just to ignore some who seem to think they can use global chat to amuse themselves!

#34 Splash

Splash

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 250 posts

Posted 19 October 2013 - 05:57

'If this happens i would recommend you find out which moderator banned you, and why.'

Improvement: Give us a log message of which mod gave out the ban so we can seek revenge ask them why.

#35 DeadParrot

DeadParrot

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 436 posts
  • Badge

Posted 11 November 2013 - 18:46

'If this happens i would recommend you find out which moderator banned you, and why.'

Improvement: Give us a log message of which mod gave out the ban so we can seek revenge ask them why.

I think we know why we get banned....for our own ill-thought out behaviour.  :( The Mods are pretty good at warning before muting.

DP

Swearing, even starred out, is not acceptable on the forums. Cheers!

#36 WWWolf

WWWolf

Posted 13 November 2013 - 17:30

Suggestion or thought.   Chat seems to be a bit touchy when saying some words that contain what would be considered inappropriate but the whole word itself is not...like Scrap for example can be filtered because of the word c r a p in it.  Can there be a common ground somewhere so that chat is not so touchy but still stays within the rules of chat.  Earlier today without thinking about it I replied Ewwww to someone in the chat and because of the extra W's it filtered it thinking it was a link but no link was given in the sentence. 

yeah, it's usually kinda funny but the fact that someone trying to get my attention can't write my name in world chat could be rather frustrating for a new player who needs help...

#37 WWWolf

WWWolf

Posted 13 November 2013 - 17:41

Improvements (What you think they should improve)
  • Chat Should Include list of members currently in chat, Along with Moderators, and Game Admins sticking out.
  • Moderators should be able to Unban people, If they make a mistake in ban (As chat moves fast).
  • Longer chat (Chat Backlog)

1.  How would you handle players on the world map who are hunting and don't necessarily want to show as in chat?

2. +1 but if the mod has PMs turned off the accidentally banned users might not have a way to question them but if they are turned on, intentionally banned players will most likely spam the mod with junk...

3. +1

And while we are at it, any hopes to fix the word wrap error in the near future?  (When someone types something that takes more than one line of chat, chat only scrolls down 1 line so the rest of the sentence doesn't show and future posts are hidden until you manually scroll down.)

#38 Removed18058

Removed18058

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,401 posts
  • Badge

Posted 15 November 2013 - 01:21

1.  How would you handle players on the world map who are hunting and don't necessarily want to show as in chat?

2. +1 but if the mod has PMs turned off the accidentally banned users might not have a way to question them but if they are turned on, intentionally banned players will most likely spam the mod with junk...

3. +1

And while we are at it, any hopes to fix the word wrap error in the near future?  (When someone types something that takes more than one line of chat, chat only scrolls down 1 line so the rest of the sentence doesn't show and future posts are hidden until you manually scroll down.)

1 : a preference to turn that off

2 : they probably have it off for a reason or that person in question muted for a reason

3 : make it that way on the global chat page but not for the world map make the world map version to only display the latest 5-10 to reduce lagg without having to shut it off

Fastest asv healer
Fastest rg healer

fastest icc healer in progress

Gotta go fast :P

#39 watagashi

watagashi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,977 posts

Posted 25 November 2013 - 09:47

Grendels unwritten chat stuff

Asking for buffs has had its ups and downs, seems the general consensus that its not allowed to beg but there are grey areas and so ill give a couple examples and why they dont really work,,,

"I will pay 15k for Smashing hammer",,Smashing hammer generally sells for FSP and costs the other player stam whiel you may find someone who is not doing much right then and feeling generous you also may run into someone who is a bit annoyed that they just paid a FSP for theirs.

"I need hunting buffs" <--- big pet peeve for many. You see again buffs cost stam, Hunting buffs is very vague and there is a big difference between basic leveling buffs (AL dub lib csrv) and what you need at higher levels to combat the specific creatures. Shatter armor, wither, even smashing hammer isnt always needed and in some cases is a waste of stam. Beware asking for whatever you can get at your price range. Earlier tonight I had a quiet chuckle at the guy who asked and asked while still offering pay for the buffs who later complained that he got 1/3 less than he had the last hunt,,,someone had given him counter attack 175 XD XD

Chances are the same people who didnt respond are still the ones in chat 10 min later,, asking over and again only annoys people.

Finally for buffs,,, its not always a great idea to announce to the game you are about to level as it sends up a flag to anyone in pvp range of you to watch for you to be holding a lot of gold soon,,,begging for buffs can encourage some pvpers to hit you for it too.

Chat is connected to the whole game, some get a bit confused about this and start talking about their 2nd account like it was guild chat,, people report multis in chat.

Trying to sell a SE or chest location in global chat is essentially ordering a big neon sign to come look in the area for your level,,people like Grendels find amusement in tossing defeat into the jaws of others victorys sometimes and as SEs only spawn in a limited amount of places its pretty easy to figure out which one you are trying to sell and where to find it for free

Ill end this post with one suggestion for improvement,, an ignore button. I would rather have one specifically for chat as PM and FS box have their own already and are used in different ways and circumstances. But a chat iggy could have and would have had a lot of use already :)

Edited by watagashi, 25 November 2013 - 09:51.

#40 Mister Doom

Mister Doom

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,518 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 25 November 2013 - 20:07

#chat-div { background: black; font-size: 14px; color: #f0e68c; }
#chat-input-div { background: black; }
#chat-key { background: black; }
#chat-input-msg  { background: black; border: 1px solid gray; }
#chat-container.long {background: black; border: 2px solid orange; }

This is my css for the chat page. Makes it look much crisper and easier to read,

Feel free to copy and paste it into your 'customize theme' window on the themes tab in your preferences.

(I always use the action-chat window so not sure how it will appear on the world-chat window.)

Edited by Mister Doom, 25 November 2013 - 20:09.

EnhancedShardoom1-1.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: