38 replies to this topic

#21 duktayp

duktayp

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,386 posts

Posted 21 May 2014 - 16:30

I am currently working on a plan to help revive FSH, but I will need the communities support when I am ready to get going.  Hopefully can have my plan ready to publish by next month :)

Mugatu-Coffee-Spit-Zoolander-Will-Ferrel

#22 duktayp

duktayp

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,386 posts

Posted 17 June 2014 - 18:09

I am currently working on a plan to help revive FSH, but I will need the communities support when I am ready to get going.  Hopefully can have my plan ready to publish by next month :)

games-of-thrones-denial.jpg

#23 BadPenny

BadPenny

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,279 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 17 June 2014 - 20:57

Ummmm.... Is it next month yet?

Just one old lady's opinion

krQtqDH.jpg

~Love, Penny

Have you hugged your Quango lately?

#24 duktayp

duktayp

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,386 posts

Posted 24 June 2014 - 05:19

3772501+_7d61d5af901aee49d3441a4f65c4cf9

• j3k likes this

#25 sweetlou

sweetlou

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,958 posts

Posted 24 June 2014 - 21:18

I remember using it to calculate my group strength when I needed to take back a relic, but my favorite feature would have to be the way it showed how much gold in Find Player :lol:  

I love the Find Player gold holdings as well, but too bad it doesn't work correctly. It calculates from your actual level(AL) while you can only attack from your virtual level(VL)

[Signature removed]

“When you tear out a man's tongue, you are not proving him a liar, you're only telling the world that you fear what he might say.” -GRRM

#26 WWWolf

WWWolf

Posted 25 June 2014 - 13:37

There are a LOT of great features added by FSH for all aspects of the game - some work better than others.  I don't see it going away any time soon.  As long as you don't edit the code any, there is nothing in it that is considered cheating so there is no need for HCS to ban it (only users caught with modified versions).  Also, it would take HCS a long time to code these features in to the game, most of which are not on the development roadmap.  If it was decided to add these features, it would have to wait until after the completion of the current roadmap which would be at least another year+...

#27 Kildek

Kildek

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 196 posts
  • Badge

Posted 03 July 2014 - 13:12

I miss the time, when FS-helper was still updated regularly.

Would anyone from the game community be willing to help out in the development of FS-helper?
If so, please post a message. This might help Yuuzhan to put together a new development team.
I would volunteer myself, if i had the skills to do so.

#28 BadPenny

BadPenny

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,279 posts

Posted 03 July 2014 - 14:00

An update WOULD be nice, but it would be even better if the few features that FSH has that FS doesn't already were incorporated into the game. B)

Just one old lady's opinion

krQtqDH.jpg

~Love, Penny

Have you hugged your Quango lately?

#29 beLIEve

beLIEve

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 144 posts

Posted 03 July 2014 - 14:40

I am taking over the development of FSH. I want to learn Javascript and need a project to keep me focused on learning it. I've already fixed a few things! :) More information can be found in the link in my bio!

Running Manjaro Linux :)

Want to try a new FSH? Click here!

#30 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,129 posts
  • Australia

Posted 03 July 2014 - 22:27

Has Yuuzhan agreed to that ?.

I know he's not done anything with it for a long time, but he sort of inherited it ...

Also, hopefully, you'll submit it for approval from the cows before releasing your interpretation of it ?

Homer : Marge, don't discourage the boy. Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals .. except the weasel.

Eddie Izzard : The National Rifle Association say that guns don't kill people, people do. But I think the gun helps, you know ? I think it helps. I think just standing there going "BANG" - that's not going to kill too many people, is it ?

I don't mean to sound pessimistic, but it seems that everything I eat lately turns to poo ...

#31 Kildek

Kildek

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 196 posts
  • Badge

Posted 04 July 2014 - 01:48

I am taking over the development of FSH. I want to learn Javascript and need a project to keep me focused on learning it. I've already fixed a few things! smile.png More information can be found in the link in my bio!

Thank you for wanting to help out with the development. Both HCS and Yuuzhan will have to be involved in a decision about a new developer.
As a start i would suggest, to please contact Yuuzhan and hear him out.

Edited by Kildek, 04 July 2014 - 03:14.

#32 evilbry

evilbry

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,172 posts
  • New Zealand

Posted 04 July 2014 - 06:31

I would hope that Hoof is comfortable with the reassignment of FSH ownership.

I do have a concern though:

I want to learn Javascript and need a project to keep me focused on learning it.

I really don't feel that the person running FSH should be a person who "wants to learn" javascript. With the significant amount of users who are currently using the script, if it's not an very well versed coder, this could go very very badly. example if changes are made which break functionality, this impacts a LOT of active players. HCS's bottom line.

With the script also being referenced by HCS in game under resources, there needs to also be assurances that updates will be safe and not disrupt gameplay for the users. Players blindly trust that the code will be safe. There have been examples of scripts in FS where the code shown was different to what was installed from svn. And even saying that, how many users of FSH will be able to decipher the code? Not many.

HCS has so much on the line, if someone starts tweaking the public version of code with material for personal gain it's their [HCS's] name that gets tarnished.

In fact, this could end up driving players away if FSH is not handled in a professional manner.

This further reinforces the fact that HCS should step in, and implement some of the most used features, to render the need for FSH redundant.

Edited by evilbry, 04 July 2014 - 06:39.

#33 beLIEve

beLIEve

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 144 posts

Posted 04 July 2014 - 17:37

For everyone saying I shouldn't do this, I am not touching the source code any of the other developers have made. The FSH link in FallenSword will still link to the original FSH. I am taking their code, and hosting it via GitHub so if I do break FSH, you can revert back to the old one if need be. Also, I won't implement anything that wasn't already in FSH without HCS's permission. I am attempting to fix it, not add anything as of right now.

Running Manjaro Linux :)

Want to try a new FSH? Click here!

#34 sweetlou

sweetlou

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,958 posts

Posted 04 July 2014 - 18:46

In fact, this could end up driving players away if FSH is not handled in a professional manner.

This further reinforces the fact that HCS should step in, and implement some of the most used features, to render the need for FSH redundant.

Agreed! Now lets see HCS pull the magic 'time' rabbit out of their hat. They can't fix newly released broken upgrades in a timely manner. Not to mention how far behind they've become on the roadmap. Hoof seems to have moved onto greener pastures for the time being. A new precipice we are at. Let's see how the month of July treats us.

[Signature removed]

“When you tear out a man's tongue, you are not proving him a liar, you're only telling the world that you fear what he might say.” -GRRM

#35 Kildek

Kildek

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 196 posts
  • Badge

Posted 04 July 2014 - 20:23

In case no developer can be found, who is accepted by HCS / yuuzhan,
an alternative would be, that HCS takes over the development of FS-helper.
It would require less resources than integrating the features into FS.

As a second suggestion, any code changes by a new developer could be reviewed by HCS / yuuzhan, before they are submitted into FS-helper. This would allow less experienced coders to help out.

Edited by Kildek, 04 July 2014 - 22:54.

#36 hbklives

hbklives

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 822 posts
  • Badge

Posted 07 July 2014 - 08:50

I actually haven't been able to use FSH in a long time. The only usefulness I got out of it was the R to repair and refresh, along with the Find Player gold functions.

tumblr_ohmmkinSKX1siy7m0o1_540.png

#37 cyrus7

cyrus7

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,562 posts
  • Badge

Posted 07 July 2014 - 09:40

I actually haven't been able to use FSH in a long time. The only usefulness I got out of it was the R to repair and refresh, along with the Find Player gold functions.

When you're on the map, "r" does repair, and "0" refreshes. This is part of the functionality of the game itself, sans FSH. ;)

#38 duktayp

duktayp

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,386 posts

Posted 12 July 2014 - 14:57

giphy.gif

#39 Quorthon13

Quorthon13

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 166 posts

Posted 12 July 2014 - 16:28

Hello Everyone That FSH Doesn't Work Anymore Just Uninstall It And Install It Back Again, It Worked For Me And Some Other People. *EDIT* Well it looks like the links don't work, but it still gives the look as if its working :|. *EDIT 2*  Well GOOD NEWS!, if you install greasemonkey 1.15 then uninstall & reinstall the script it actually works!!! WOO

Edited by Quorthon13, 12 July 2014 - 17:47.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: