47 replies to this topic

#1 xxrange7xx

xxrange7xx

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 35 posts
  • Badge

Posted 18 April 2012 - 02:59

I know a couple people who have been complaining about this but the rewards from the chest are almost if not completely pointless specially for the price of the keys. I only see people opening chest for the sake of the medal and that's it. Here is what i suggest. Make the rewards epic rewards that are crystalline but here is the catch they are crystallines that instead of breaking when durability runs out they break when time runs out. So say for example you get an epic helm from a chest with decent stats that an epic should have but it only lasts 10 straight hours of wearing after that it disappears or breaks.....that way people will be interested in the items and they wont effect the market for other epics drastically. Plus we get new "type" of items. :|

#2 Windbattle

Windbattle

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,707 posts
  • Badge

Posted 18 April 2012 - 23:18

hate to be a downer ... but that still won't make chests worthwhile ...

Chests were a good idea on paper but terribly executed ... Very few people find chests in the game. Medal buyers are always willing to pay premium for bronze and silver chests, to save on gold / tokens.

However, it would be nice if the gold and crystal chests had some nicer drops. So I agree, they should revamp the gold and crystal chests and add some more variety to them ...

ALSO, they should had a Chest Finder buff, which lets you know if there is a chest within 3 steps from you for every 50 casting levels. that would be cool ..

#3 kimbo

kimbo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 105 posts
  • Philippines

Posted 18 April 2012 - 23:35

" That's cool Wind....What about it HCS??? a Chest buff Finder?? and a more valuable ,"FIND"????

#4 Windbattle

Windbattle

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,707 posts
  • Badge

Posted 18 April 2012 - 23:45

LOL, I doubt anyone has skill points in the Find Item buff, with FI 250, 800, 1000, and 1500 alternatives.

#5 DragonLord

DragonLord

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,081 posts
  • Australia

Posted 18 April 2012 - 23:49

ALSO, they should had a Chest Finder buff, which lets you know if there is a chest within 3 steps from you for every 50 casting levels. that would be cool ..

Way too powerful - maybe one that says there's one on the current map perhaps ?

#6 fs_cloudstryf

fs_cloudstryf
  • Guests

Posted 19 April 2012 - 06:00

That would be even more powerful. You can go on a direct path hunting and never find a chest in the corner with a 3 square radius. Not true of knowing on every map if there is a chest.

#7 DragonLord

DragonLord

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,081 posts
  • Australia

Posted 19 April 2012 - 06:52

That would be even more powerful. You can go on a direct path hunting and never find a chest in the corner with a 3 square radius. Not true of knowing on every map if there is a chest.

Yeah, you're right LOL - brain hadn't woken up properly :)

#8 Mister Doom

Mister Doom

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,518 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 19 April 2012 - 07:15

Massive no to any chest finder buffs. They're meant to be super random, not hunt-able.

EnhancedShardoom1-1.gif

#9 centurion

centurion

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,238 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 13:12

I found 4 chest and mate found 1, which I paid for to get my medal since this was released. I do agree that reward should be updated.

since crystals are destroyable, why not make crystal be considered set item? that would make them desirable again.

#10 needgod

needgod

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 281 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 13:33

since crystals are destroyable, why not make crystal be considered set item? that would make them desirable again.

+1

I turn down the chest offers often. Don't want to waste loyality on them. Only ones useful are the pots. They have kept their usefulness..

#11 yodamus

yodamus

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,119 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 17:47

all i know is what the op said..the prizes in the chests for the most part are worthless...for as hard as they are to find..there should be something worthwhile inside them and they should be random prizes so that when you find one, you wont know what is in it...who finds treasure chests in which they already know what is inside..pirates would quit pirating..should always be a surprise and a good surprise...all that is needed is new prizes and randomize them..simple as that..

#12 Windbattle

Windbattle

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,707 posts
  • Badge

Posted 19 April 2012 - 18:18

Massive no to any chest finder buffs. They're meant to be super random, not hunt-able.

well not everyone wants to spent 10-20 FSP for a chest location ...

Why not shar? every other medal you can earn if you want too. why should one medal be completely up to chance / who has the most FSP to buy them? That doesn't make any sense to me ...

#13 fs_scrogger

fs_scrogger
  • Guests

Posted 19 April 2012 - 18:21

well not everyone wants to 10-30 FSP a chest ... would make it more fair ...

Why not shar? every other medal you can earn if you want too. why should one medal be completely up to chance / who has the most FSP to buy them?

fair? The randomness makes it the most fair thing in this game, ANYONE has the chance to find one. If you can afford to buy that chance is irrelevant as there are many parts of the game where $$$$ can buy you a medal or reward. Another no to a buff to find chests from me.

#14 Windbattle

Windbattle

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,707 posts
  • Badge

Posted 19 April 2012 - 18:54

the luck aspect of it makes it unfair ... because you are more or less FORCED into buying the chest locations to earn your medal. or wait a long time to earn the medal.

So they are promoting the aspect of buying medals. I really dislike that concept.

Potion option should be considered for the caves. Caves could use some life ..

#15 Savanc

Savanc

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,631 posts
  • Badge
  • Netherlands

Posted 06 May 2012 - 17:06

Each day around 2-10 chests are found and opened. Maybe some chests are found and not opened because the finder doesn't have the means to open it, doesn't know he can sell the location, can't find a buyer of the location or doesn't think the reward is worth it.

The last 10 chests were:
[*:3io89uas]1 Crystal
[*:3io89uas]5 Gold
[*:3io89uas]2 Silver
[*:3io89uas]1 Bronze
[*:3io89uas]1 with a Potion
With 2-10 chests a day and thousands of active players in the game, the change for each player of finding a chest are pretty slim. So far I have found 1 chest and bought 1 location from someone who initially didn't know it was worth anything.

I think a few more chests and rewards that are actually worth something would definitely increase the interest in chests. 8)

Edit: I got the number of chests opened per day wrong.

#16 PreyDragon

PreyDragon

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 455 posts

Posted 26 May 2012 - 00:28

We do need a change in this subject, i reckon new chests need to be added with new crystalline sets, also a great addition would be to add some quest items in the chests aswell to be used in recipes to invent LE items.
My idea would be to have a new shop store in Mountain Path called 'Treasures Galore'. Now this shop will sell you the maps (recipes) to invent these LE items(Good Gold Sink). The Current items in the chests now will also be required in the recipes to give them back a worthwhile use again and probably make players actually go looking for chests.

HCS and players please give me your thoughts on this idea.

#17 Lutrafs

Lutrafs

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 631 posts

Posted 26 May 2012 - 00:53

They should also increase the spawn rate of the chests, having more then a handful of them appearing in a single day. I have found 1 chest just off pure luck and it was during a 100+ lvl stretch during the last xp event. Since then I have searched many times and not found a single one.

#18 Savanc

Savanc

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,631 posts
  • Badge
  • Netherlands

Posted 26 May 2012 - 10:45

I reckon new chests need to be added with new crystalline sets

New Crystalline items are just going to be worthless within a few weeks. Their stats are probably just a little bit higher than common items of the same level. But they are not part of a set and break if used without UB. So about everyone will prefer Elite, SE and LE items, and even Crystalline items that are part of a set, over these Crystalline items.
I think putting potions in chests that are slightly stronger than already existing potions would make chests valuable enough to use keys again. Right now the only rewards that are worth anything are the Sanctuary 250 and the RF 400 potions.
Potions like Flinch 225, Stun 250, Shockwave 300, Force Shield 400, Terrorize 250, etc. would be a good idea in my opinion. They are just a bit stronger than already existing potions, but not overpowered. :wink:

also a great addition would be to add some quest items in the chests as well to be used in recipes to invent LE items.
My idea would be to have a new shop store in Mountain Path called 'Treasures Galore'. Now this shop will sell you the maps (recipes) to invent these LE items(Good Gold Sink). The Current items in the chests now will also be required in the recipes to give them back a worthwhile use again and probably make players actually go looking for chests.

That's a tough one because a lot of players will want to complete the quest or invent the LE items. A lot more chests need to be put in the maps before this can work. Or else the chest locations will be bought by a few players for hundreds of FSPs, only a few will be able to complete the quest and the LE items will be so rare and expensive that only a handful will be made. :(
Also I doubt anyone is actively searching for chests. There simply aren't enough chests out there to make it worth the stamina. So it definitely can't compete with searching for SEs and selling their locations (which not many players do anyway).

But the idea about making chests part of quests and LEs is nice and it could work as long as a lot of the required chests will be put into the maps and their respawn rate is very high (i.e. they respawn (close to) instantly).

#19 lordthade

lordthade

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 529 posts

Posted 26 May 2012 - 14:55

Chests are working just fine, but they ARE under-valued. The gear isn't very good and the keys are a BIT over-priced.

Change the chest rewards to strong (not epic) potions that will be consumed and be worthwhile. Keep in mind, the chests also represent a boon for the low-level gamer simply wandering the wastes. When that gamer encounters the chest he/she can sell the location for a surprise infusion of FSPs that they'd otherwise struggle to get. It's good for the goose (the high-level willing o pay either for the items or the medal) and the gander (the lowbie).

It's better, though, if the chests were more random and the random rewards more valued.

#20 Lutrafs

Lutrafs

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 631 posts

Posted 26 May 2012 - 15:41

I reckon new chests need to be added with new crystalline sets

New Crystalline items are just going to be worthless within a few weeks. Their stats are probably just a little bit higher than common items of the same level. But they are not part of a set and break if used without UB. So about everyone will prefer Elite, SE and LE items, and even Crystalline items that are part of a set, over these Crystalline items.
I think putting potions in chests that are slightly stronger than already existing potions would make chests valuable enough to use keys again. Right now the only rewards that are worth anything are the Sanctuary 250 and the RF 400 potions.
Potions like Flinch 225, Stun 250, Shockwave 300, Force Shield 400, Terrorize 250, etc. would be a good idea in my opinion. They are just a bit stronger than already existing potions, but not overpowered. :wink:

If you would pay a bit more attention when posting he said the new crystaline sets would be set gear, not individual items. Therefor even if they are the same stats as current crystaline sets, they would still be useful, as it would provide a healthy alternative if you dont wish to buy the ones currently in the game.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: