Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,631 posts
  • Badge
  • Netherlands

Posted 26 May 2012 - 22:05

I reckon new chests need to be added with new crystalline sets

New Crystalline items are just going to be worthless within a few weeks. Their stats are probably just a little bit higher than common items of the same level. But they are not part of a set and break if used without UB. So about everyone will prefer Elite, SE and LE items, and even Crystalline items that are part of a set, over these Crystalline items.
I think putting potions in chests that are slightly stronger than already existing potions would make chests valuable enough to use keys again. Right now the only rewards that are worth anything are the Sanctuary 250 and the RF 400 potions.
Potions like Flinch 225, Stun 250, Shockwave 300, Force Shield 400, Terrorize 250, etc. would be a good idea in my opinion. They are just a bit stronger than already existing potions, but not overpowered. :wink:

If you would pay a bit more attention when posting he said the new crystalline sets would be set gear, not individual items. Therefor even if they are the same stats as current crystalline sets, they would still be useful, as it would provide a healthy alternative if you don't wish to buy the ones currently in the game.

I stand corrected. :wink:

I think the stat allocation of the new Crystalline sets should be carefully designed though.
If a set has to compete with a fairly similar LE set that could be hunted on the maps then the crystalline set will probably lose the competition and will seldom be used, turning it into a useless set.
If it however fills some gap (maybe the set is a combination of two items that, together with a few other sets, perfectly complete a setup) and is highly valued then prices will skyrocket, making it only available for the rich.
So a well-thought stat allocation is needed to make it work. :D

#22 PreyDragon

PreyDragon

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 455 posts

Posted 28 May 2012 - 23:07

We need a response from HCS

#23 KrypWalk

KrypWalk

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 157 posts

Posted 28 May 2012 - 23:40

I think all that needs to be said, has been said.
We need a change in the chest system.
Please respond, HCS.

#24 PreyDragon

PreyDragon

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 455 posts

Posted 29 May 2012 - 23:25

I don't understand why everything else is being addressed except this?

#25 PreyDragon

PreyDragon

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 455 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 21:57

Bump - this still needs a response from HCS

#26 DragonLord

DragonLord

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,081 posts
  • Australia

Posted 04 June 2012 - 22:04

I don't understand why everything else is being addressed except this?

LOL - I don't think everything else is being addressed - there are a LOT of threads getting no (visible) attention. All that said, yes, I agree, the chests need a revamp. Most of the items within them are valueless now ...

#27 Hoofmaster

Hoofmaster

Company Director

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,357 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 04 June 2012 - 22:34

We'll look at getting some new chests added to the game :)

#28 aa0007

aa0007

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,379 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 04 June 2012 - 22:37

I don't think its necessarily new chests, its the rewards in the chests :)

#29 Hoofmaster

Hoofmaster

Company Director

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,357 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 04 June 2012 - 22:40

I don't think its necessarily new chests, its the rewards in the chests :)

I meant new items in the chests :D

#30 PreyDragon

PreyDragon

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 455 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 22:49

Add new crystalline sets instead of individual items :D

How many chests are currently in the game? maybe add an additional 10 or 20 chests.

#31 Maury Bund

Maury Bund

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 853 posts

Posted 06 June 2012 - 18:49

We don't need more chest, just change the item in the into something more people would actually want. Since getting my bronze medal, I've stepped on at least 2 that needed either a gold or crystal key. I decided not to waste my gold/loyalty points on something I don't want or need. And as no one that I could find was collecting chests at the time, I could not even GIVE the locations away for free.

#32 PreyDragon

PreyDragon

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 455 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 19:38

We don't need more chest, just change the item in the into something more people would actually want. Since getting my bronze medal, I've stepped on at least 2 that needed either a gold or crystal key. I decided not to waste my gold/loyalty points on something I don't want or need. And as no one that I could find was collecting chests at the time, I could not even GIVE the locations away for free.

yes but if HCS adds an extra 10 or 20 chests into the game, it gives players more chances of finding one, especially since more and more content gets added.

#33 DragonLord

DragonLord

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,081 posts
  • Australia

Posted 12 June 2012 - 21:32

How about making ladder and arena equivalent (crystalline) sets in the chests ? - the rarity of them would keep the price "high" and would allow other options for obtaining them.

#34 shdowdrgn

shdowdrgn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 633 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 01:23

How about making ladder and arena equivalent (crystalline) sets in the chests ? - the rarity of them would keep the price "high" and would allow other options for obtaining them.

this is interesting but what are you actually suggesting? the sets that come from the arena only made crystal so they break? or sets similar, or the crystal sets that you see in arena?
the crystal sets in arena (unless i am missing any from my mental library) have no real value ATM, the ones that do are the invented ones. IF the cows made crystal versions for chests i would recommend low durability so they dont last to long so as to avoid breaking the value of the original sets.

my apologies if i took your post wrong.

#35 2good4u222

2good4u222

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 352 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 09:57

It doesn't matter how good a piece of crystal is. Crystal, despite its nature, never breaks unless it is used for hunting or direct PvP (Ladder). There will ALWAYS be stockpiles of crystal and therefore the price is subject to mitigation.

Increasing stats on new crystal, by however much;

-Short term = price boom on that specific piece
-Long term = another worthless piece of crystal

#36 DragonLord

DragonLord

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,081 posts
  • Australia

Posted 13 June 2012 - 11:27

this is interesting but what are you actually suggesting? the sets that come from the arena only made crystal so they break? or sets similar, or the crystal sets that you see in arena?
the crystal sets in arena (unless i am missing any from my mental library) have no real value ATM, the ones that do are the invented ones. IF the cows made crystal versions for chests i would recommend low durability so they dont last to long so as to avoid breaking the value of the original sets.

my apologies if i took your post wrong.

I meant, put a volkers equivalent set into 2 different chests - and other spine / crystalline sets too. Doesn't even have to be volkers, just something with VERY similar stats. The arena is the playground of the self-perpetuating rich and the ladder is ... well, let's be brutal ... a farce :)

#37 needgod

needgod

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 281 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 21:48

chest are worthless..except pots..

I'd like the ability to craft the items into a pot if I can.. I pass up chest because i'd rather use loyality points for pots..and you can't sell items you don't need for more than a few gold...

#38 djb306

djb306

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 27 July 2012 - 22:04

why do the chests have to contain newly designed items, why cant they be random current items like SE,LE,PvP, inventables, resources or even the odd epic, give people who havnt figured out a way a farming the game or have a bank account to back them up the opportunity to find an otherwise UN-obtainable item, rather than re-designing a system around the ELITE make it worthwhile for everyone.

#39 needgod

needgod

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 281 posts

Posted 29 July 2012 - 13:03

I don't think epics in chest would work.. already many in the game...

but parts for sets that have high armor, or defence, ect.. might work for arena and hunting set ups.. no part of the chest items works for anything... I'd rather be able to craft them into pots..lol

#40 PreyDragon

PreyDragon

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 455 posts

Posted 29 July 2012 - 14:53

An idea i think would be good is that chests should contain secret keys, these keys unlock certain new secret areas within the realms which can only be accessed via these keys. Each time you open the door to the new secret area you lose a key, This shall keep the keys in demand.

What area it shall be or evil creatures which we see
Building up excitement inside, only Hunted Cow Studios can surely decide.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: