Photo

Guild Wars

• Please log in to reply
119 replies to this topic

Poll: What do you think of this idea? (81 member(s) have cast votes)

What do you think of this idea?

1. Voted Good Idea (14 votes [17.28%])

Percentage of vote: 17.28%

2. Voted Bad Idea (55 votes [67.90%])

Percentage of vote: 67.90%

3. Voted Needs some tweaking. (12 votes [14.81%])

Percentage of vote: 14.81%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Maehdros

Maehdros

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,330 posts
  • Canada

Posted 08 December 2012 - 18:53

Just an idea I had from a while ago, keep feedback polite please :)

Lets say Guild A and Guild B are fighting over relics. The idea is, that If one of either guild has 5 or 10 (to be determined) relic captures within a 24 hour period , the following event would occur.

To Arms! Player @@#$% from guild $%^@ has initiated a War with your guild.

This war would have similar level ranges as gvg and would last 24 hours.

Level Ranges are as follows:

25 - 300 (+/- 25)
301 - 700 (+/- 50)
701+ (+/- 100)

PvP protection would be negated ONLY between guild A and guild B for the 24 hour period. XP lock would also be negated but ONLY between guild A and Guild B.

XP and Gold loss would apply to any and ALL pvp hits between both guilds within the level limits listed above. Any and All pvp hits would of course be bountyable.

The idea is, true Guild VERSUS Guild but taken to the next level.

Thoughts?

#2 Kontiki

Kontiki

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 471 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 19:03

I would LOVE this! *thumbs up*

#3 MummRa

MummRa

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 545 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 08 December 2012 - 19:20

Just to be clear you mean if Guild A takes relic belonging to Guild B... Guild B takes back and then a repeat of the process x amount of times then I could see the merit of such an idea. But you should not be able to start a war of that nature unilaterally. Presuming that its clear the of the guilds is to engage in this war I love the idea. Relic Capturing, or however, this war would get sparked would have to be regulated by permissions.

#4 Bleltch

Bleltch

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,784 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 20:14

Sounds good!!! Would be something to encourage pvp. But sadly i doubt the developers will want anything to do with it for that very reason. :(

#5 RebornJedi

RebornJedi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,450 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 20:20

and All pvp hits would of course be bountyable.

why do you wish to keep this? makes no sense if you want this to be a true Guild VS Guild..

#6 yotwehc

yotwehc

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,942 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 21:04

This idea would certainly make me not want to go after relics.

#7 RebornJedi

RebornJedi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,450 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 21:23

This idea would certainly make me not want to go after relics.

you would still go for them..just not hour after hour :wink:

#8 yotwehc

yotwehc

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,942 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 22:59

Nice advantage for pvp guilds.

#9 Maehdros

Maehdros

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,330 posts
  • Canada

Posted 08 December 2012 - 23:31

and All pvp hits would of course be bountyable.

why do you wish to keep this? makes no sense if you want this to be a true Guild VS Guild..

Had thought of that ( even asked a friend for their opinion on it) Also had a thought of making *war* bounties only acceptable via members of the opposing guilds ( like a different type of bounty or something). Anyways the convo came back to pvp and how ( currently) every hit is bountyable.

In some instances of a *war* ( with relation to this idea) some may not want to hit back, and would wish to post a bounty for deleveling.

#10 Maehdros

Maehdros

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,330 posts
  • Canada

Posted 08 December 2012 - 23:32

Then simply stay away/ avoid them. :)

#11 yotwehc

yotwehc

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,942 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 23:37

Then simply stay away/ avoid them. :)

Yes, I will. A bit confused though... you want to encourage people to explore different parts of the game (pvp) yet you don't want them to take part in others (relic taking). I guess I don't see the upside to this wonderful suggestion.

#12 Maehdros

Maehdros

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,330 posts
  • Canada

Posted 08 December 2012 - 23:41

Yes, I will. A bit confused though... you want to encourage people to explore different parts of the game (pvp) yet you don't want them to take part in others (relic taking).

They can do both? You stated it was an advantage to pvp guilds. Maybe If you clarified why , I may be able to respond better? :)

This idea isn't about stopping relic captures, it's about opening up avenues and increasing pvp along with relic captures. PvP sinks insane amounts of stam, gold, fsp, and livens up the bounty board. Relic captures and working together to defend relics and also retaliate in *wars* requires team work and strategy.

#13 wil72

wil72

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,554 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 00:02

Yes, I will. A bit confused though... you want to encourage people to explore different parts of the game (pvp) yet you don't want them to take part in others (relic taking).

They can do both? You stated it was an advantage to pvp guilds. Maybe If you clarified why , I may be able to respond better? :)

This idea isn't about stopping relic captures, it's about opening up avenues and increasing pvp along with relic captures. PvP sinks insane amounts of stam, gold, fsp, and livens up the bounty board. Relic captures and working together to defend relics and also retaliate in *wars* requires team work and strategy.

Since most, hell, almost all relics are held by high level Guilds how exactly are smaller Guilds meant to participate in " Guild Wars "? Wait, I know, small guilds are ignored....right?

Cheers.

wil72

#14 Maehdros

Maehdros

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,330 posts
  • Canada

Posted 09 December 2012 - 00:08

Since most, hell, almost all relics are held by high level Guilds how exactly are smaller Guilds meant to participate in " Guild Wars "? Wait, I know, small guilds are ignored....right?

Cheers.

wil72

How are they being ignored?

#15 yotwehc

yotwehc

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,942 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 00:14

I think this idea is more about letting PVP guilds own more relics.

If your battling for a relic back and forth and the war starts as you suggest, don't you think there would be a wee advantage for the guilds that thrive in pvp? Guilds that have non pvp'rs on them would leave the guild if they kept getting smashed in wars. PVP guilds would thrive as all it's members love a fight. Eventually, I would envision seeing all the PVP guilds sitting on multiple relics.

Do you honestly see this helping the game?

#16 Maehdros

Maehdros

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,330 posts
  • Canada

Posted 09 December 2012 - 00:18

No , it's not. :)

I see it bringing more life to a game that has been nerfed and nerfed constantly. And that is evident by the online numbers dwindling over the past few years.

#17 wil72

wil72

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,554 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 00:19

Cheers.

wil72

How are they being ignored?

Well considering a majority of relics are defended by high level Guilds and have about 30 inactive members, also high level, defending it how exactly is a small Guild or a new Guild meant to get a foot in the door to participate in Guild Wars?

Mate, I like your idea but I think making the trigger "relic capture" marginalises smaller Guilds.

Cheers.

wil72

#18 yotwehc

yotwehc

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,942 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 00:25

No , it's not. :)

I see it bringing more life to a game that has been nerfed and nerfed constantly. And that is evident by the online numbers dwindling over the past few years.

You asked for the "why" then you respond to the two other points... :roll:

#19 Maehdros

Maehdros

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,330 posts
  • Canada

Posted 09 December 2012 - 00:39

If your battling for a relic back and forth and the war starts as you suggest, don't you think there would be a wee advantage for the guilds that thrive in pvp? Guilds that have non pvp'rs on them would leave the guild if they kept getting smashed in wars. PVP guilds would thrive as all it's members love a fight. Eventually, I would envision seeing all the PVP guilds sitting on multiple relics.

I see whoever has the strongest desire to retain *said relic* and those who have closer bonds to one another and a strong sense of teamwork, as having the advantage in ANY situation. :)

#20 yotwehc

yotwehc

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,942 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 00:40

I see whoever has the strongest desire to retain *said relic* and those who have closer bonds to one another and a strong sense of teamwork, as having the advantage in ANY situation. :)

So that doesn't work now?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: