Photo

Should we limit creatures you can attack based on Actual Level?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
444 replies to this topic

Poll: Limit Creatures based on Actual Level (399 member(s) have cast votes)

Should we make it so you can only attack creatures a certain number of levels above your Actual Level?

1. Yes (150 votes [37.59%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 37.59%

2. No (249 votes [62.41%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 62.41%

If so how many levels above do you think we should limit it too?

1. 5 (96 votes [24.06%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 24.06%

2. 10 (31 votes [7.77%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 7.77%

3. 25 (43 votes [10.78%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 10.78%

4. Voted 'No' to Question 1 (229 votes [57.39%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 57.39%

Vote

#1 Hoofmaster

Hoofmaster

Company Director

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,357 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 08 June 2013 - 17:03

It's come to our attention that some players are de-levelling and then using a creature many levels above their Actual Level to re-gain the levels quickly.

The reason for having the Virtual Level is so that player's can't de-level then attack other players at their Actual Level using the stat points allocated based on their Virtual Level.

Most of the maps are level restricted via the stairways, however if you are already on a map and de-level you can currently stay on the map and hence attack creatures way above your new Actual Level.

Therefore should we make it so you can only attack creatures a certain number of levels above your Actual Level?

We'll leave the poll running for a few days, however please note we'll only make a change if at least 80% of the community agree.

#2 Mister Doom

Mister Doom

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,518 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 08 June 2013 - 17:06

Oh yes! Also you should make the valid level discrepancy no more than 5 levels. (the maximum penalty you can receive for a single bounty.)

(Personally I think players should just be kicked out of a map they no longer meet the minimum requirement for, but maybe that's just me)

Also, NICE ONE on making the poll visible. I think that is a great tool for these forum polls.

EnhancedShardoom1-1.gif

#3 Reddstarr

Reddstarr

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 280 posts

Posted 08 June 2013 - 17:08

I can't really think of a # of levels above you should be able to attack because i know there are several zones with low level requirments but the creatures are much higher level when you enter. (I think one in utapo flats or something like that?)

According to the Official Guide the entrance level for Utapo Flats North is 48, and the creatures there are 55.

Found the other location. Odin Caves requires a level of 55 and the creature "Burrow Grub" is 65.

Edited by Reddstarr, 08 June 2013 - 17:17.

#4 WyldLibrarian

WyldLibrarian

• Members
  • Pip
  • 38 posts

Posted 08 June 2013 - 17:10

Oh yes! Also you should make the valid level discrepancy no more than 5 levels. (the maximum penalty you can receive for a single bounty.)

(Personally I think players should just be kicked out of a map they no longer meet the minimum requirement for, but maybe that's just me)

Also, NICE ONE on making the poll visible. I think that is a great tool for these forum polls.

+1

#5 koenvdv

koenvdv

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,327 posts
  • Badge
  • Belgium

Posted 08 June 2013 - 17:11

Don't forget to exclude Titans, SE and possibly LE.

#6 Blixen

Blixen

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 102 posts

Posted 08 June 2013 - 17:12

Just curious- what problem are you trying to solve here?

Why is it a problem that people - maybe at EOC- instead of quitting the game, delevels and keeps playing?

#7 Undjuvion

Undjuvion

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,623 posts
  • Australia

Posted 08 June 2013 - 17:13

first thing that comes into my mind is some people want to level through karthak without doing the quests, you would make this virtually impossible and secondly keep in mind SE's.

#8 thisple

thisple

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 193 posts
  • Badge
  • United States of America

Posted 08 June 2013 - 17:14

if you vote no for the top option... there's no option to support that on the second poll question.

#9 Egami

Egami

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,863 posts

Posted 08 June 2013 - 17:15

HEADS UP:

Need to fix the NO so you don't have to choose levels in the 2nd question.

#10 thisple

thisple

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 193 posts
  • Badge

Posted 08 June 2013 - 17:16

The reason why we delevel is because there is no new content to level through.

If you can't go up, the only way to go is down.

#11 Grimwald

Grimwald

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 270 posts

Posted 08 June 2013 - 17:17

I voted against this idea, because there are valid reasons for attacking creatures beyond your current level and there are situation in which going back might be very annoying. Imagine you just levelled enough to be able to attack the elite or superelite and you loose and are delevelled. With this new rule you won't be able to target the elite/superelite after you get proper gear on. 

There are also locations where there are creatures from higher level then the level of the area itself. Think Karthak. Are we going to remove the ability to target those also?

What I do suggest, as a compromis only,  is that you ONLY get XP based on your own Actual level. So if you are level (AL) 360 and you want to attack and creature level 370 you only get xp based on the fact that you are level 360.

On another note, it would really help if HCS would try to prevent situations like we just had, its NOT nice to have nowhere to level up for over two months!! Content 1651-1675 was introduced 26 mrt. 2013 .. that is 9 weeks ago. This is just too long imho.

#12 RiZiN

RiZiN

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Badge

Posted 08 June 2013 - 17:18

What would be the real motive behind this idea? I pesonally think that a player should be able to gain back the levels lost easily ( becasue its something that the player had earned already earned )

#13 zirxa

zirxa

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 692 posts
  • Badge

Posted 08 June 2013 - 17:18

whats up all, i say NO, make sit wayto easy to get back to lvl, etc etc, VOTE NO

~~DARKENESS IS COMING ... RUN & HIDE OR FIGHT WITH PRIDE~~

CHARACTERS:  ZIRXA = LVL  49RANGER(back to daily's :( :angry:

life saver = LVL 9 healer

( why are there some folks that gang up on me? no need to be scared or jealous we gamers)

Check out my current auctions here!

#14 Mister Doom

Mister Doom

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,518 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 08 June 2013 - 17:19

The reason why we delevel is because there is no new content to level through.

If you can't go up, the only way to go is down.

So what's the problem with travelling the maps, killing the correct creatures for you level?

I mean really, if this is just a cure for boredom, you're trying to tell me that sitting in a single realm, spamming attacks at one creature wayyyy above your level alleviates all your boredom? Give me a break... lol

EnhancedShardoom1-1.gif

#15 jinks

jinks

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 418 posts

Posted 08 June 2013 - 17:19

Why is this an issue?

No offence HCS, but look at the amount of EoC players, if you release content quicker, they wouldnt have to delevel and level back up.

Why stop them delevelling and levelling back up using a higher level creature?

It doesnt hurt anyone or make the game unfair for anyone because everyone at EoC can do it.

Other than it makes it quicker for them to hunt, why is there a problem with that?

Oh yeah, plus SE's will be impossible for lower levels to kill if you DO implement it for all creatures.

#16 Egami

Egami

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,863 posts

Posted 08 June 2013 - 17:20

That would make the genocidal thieving murderers (read, levelers) really happy when those creature saving Robin Hoods (read PvPers) smack them down a level.

#17 Mormon8r

Mormon8r

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 61 posts
  • Badge

Posted 08 June 2013 - 17:20

Why must we limit players because they are at the top of the game? Just let them stay active and do their thing....let the babies whine about them "taking advantage of the system" because that is all they are, they are bullies who dont want anyone to do anything that they dont want to do.

#18 hades8840

hades8840

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,438 posts

Posted 08 June 2013 - 17:21

So what's the problem with travelling the maps, killing the correct creatures for you level?

I mean really, if this is just a cure for boredom, you're trying to tell me that sitting in a single realm, spamming attacks at one creature wayyyy above your level alleviates all your boredom? Give me a break... lol

because someone has already earned that right to hunt that map doesnt matter why they lose lvls through choice or through bounties fact is they still earned that right to be on that map

#19 Mister Doom

Mister Doom

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,518 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 08 June 2013 - 17:22

whats up all, i say NO, make sit wayto easy to get back to lvl, etc etc, VOTE NO

Erm, if you think it makes it way to easy you should vote yes? Ie to change it... lol

EnhancedShardoom1-1.gif

#20 Hoofmaster

Hoofmaster

Company Director

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,357 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 08 June 2013 - 17:22

HEADS UP:

Need to fix the NO so you don't have to choose levels in the 2nd question.

There isn't an option to do that I don't think sorry. If you pick no, just pick whichever option you think would make more sense in the second question assuming you did say yes in the first :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: