cyrus7

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,562 posts
  • Badge
  • United States of America

Posted 01 February 2015 - 22:07

I purchased a Highland Dress Kilt (blue) from another person. Upon equipping it, we both found that when worn, it looks nothing like the item image. It's long, ugly, has some kind of white trim, and has no belt or sporran! Even the colours aren't the same. The other person put one on as well and got the same result, then she put on the red kilt, and the red one looks as shown in the item image.

Here's what it looks like if you're looking in inventory or on vanity tab of character.

highland dress kilt.png

Here's what it looks like equipped on character.

highland dress kilt worn.png

Here's a comparison of our characters wearing the two different kilts. The red one appears as it should.

red and blue kilt compare.png

She took her top armor off so the whole kilt could be seen. Below is an image of my character in the same way, so you can see the whole item.

highland dress kilt worn no top armor.png

I want to wear a kilt, not a long dress!  :angry: C'mon, ye Scots, gimme a proper kilt please!  ;)

#2 Blissy

Blissy

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,360 posts

Posted 02 February 2015 - 02:24

o: definitly a wierd fashion bug. I have seen the blue one on other players and looks the way it should. hope they can fix that for you both soon.

Slow but steady wins the race or something like that.

I'm just taking it slow, not sure about the steady.

*Pre-Steam release Player*

*Joined Spring of 2014 *

#3 reinedor

reinedor

• Members
  • Pip
  • 43 posts

Posted 02 February 2015 - 03:49

It's not a bug.  The Highland set is unique in that the vanity appears different depending on the gender of the character wearing it.  If you put that kilt on a male character, it would appear as shown in the preview.  The top changes as well.

This is what it looks like on male characters: e7c569.png

And this is what it looks like on my female character (sorry it's so small): dqlvs3.png

#4 cyrus7

cyrus7

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,562 posts
  • Badge
  • United States of America

Posted 02 February 2015 - 04:02

It's not a bug.  The Highland set is unique in that the vanity appears different depending on the gender of the character wearing it.  If you put that kilt on a male character, it would appear as shown in the preview.

That's crazy, and misleading. I bought it to use as it was shown, not as that awful long skirt. The red one looks "as advertised" on the female character, so I wonder why not the blue one too.  :(

#5 Blissy

Blissy

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,360 posts

Posted 05 February 2015 - 11:26

really?

I was sure I saw the other day a female character wearing the blue highland skirt and it looked like the way the red one looks on female characters.  was pretty sure was a female character but now guess I was incorrect.

in the shop where we can now preview items those skirts aren't featured correct? 

that's unfortunate if players can't preview the items not featured in the shop and buy them off other players having seen an item on another character and assuming it would look like that on theirs. 

devs should consider this and see about adding all items for previews in the shop even if they are not for sale anymore. 

not sure how they could do this but maybe just add the items and then indicate they are no longer available in shop but you still can preview them on the character so you know what it will look like before purchasing from another player.

Slow but steady wins the race or something like that.

I'm just taking it slow, not sure about the steady.

*Pre-Steam release Player*

*Joined Spring of 2014 *

#6 Mongo

Mongo

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,879 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 05 February 2015 - 18:26

On another game I play, they add video previews for every vanity item they have for sale. Maybe HCS could do this on their youtube channel.

Would be nice to view the male and female vanity before deciding if it is something we want to aim for or buy. Could add new videos each time new stuff is added. 

Visit my shop! Mongo's Emporium for emotes, pets, vanity and more!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: