Posted 06 November 2019 - 19:28

Showing all zero's something is wrong?

#2 YunaInter

YunaInter

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 06 November 2019 - 20:44

they're aware of it; last I've read it's been disabled to help with the lag issues.

#3 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,805 posts
  • Badge

Posted 07 November 2019 - 09:06

Hi there.

Yeah, we know about it. We'll sort it.

~ Grim

#4 BigOStyle

BigOStyle

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 10 November 2019 - 03:33

Does anyone know how long it may be having issues? Just asking, it isn't something that is critical to game play. Just a useful tool for guild leaders.

Edited by BigOStyle, 10 November 2019 - 03:35.

#5 Grumpy Grey

Grumpy Grey

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 70 posts

Posted 11 November 2019 - 23:12

A useful tool for guild leaders that they pay in game gold for.

Guilds with small banks are paying for this and may not be getting what they paid for.

Is gold still coming from the guild banks for something that is disabled?
On a side note it was working prior to the update and there was no lag so instead of breaking the guild advisor to cover the short comings of the update why not fix the update.

#6 sohail94

sohail94

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 722 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 11 November 2019 - 23:32

A useful tool for guild leaders that they pay in game gold for.

Guilds with small banks are paying for this and may not be getting what they paid for.

Is gold still coming from the guild banks for something that is disabled?

gold still being taken, double kick in the teeth for the small guild banks when members are overflowing stam and can't( or won't) hunt because of issues with getting the guild report page to load or recurring lag which will waste time on potions 

Edited by sohail94, 11 November 2019 - 23:33.

#7 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,805 posts
  • Badge

Posted 12 November 2019 - 17:32

Hi there.

The Advisor is fixed. It is from the best backup we have so you may find the numbers don't match what you remember.

~ Grim

#8 yotekiller

yotekiller

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,542 posts

Posted 12 November 2019 - 20:09

So basically it was broken for a long time with many complaints and whatever happened between the last good backup and the repair is lost. Awesome.

Screenshot everything!

#9 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,129 posts
  • Australia

Posted 12 November 2019 - 21:27

My contributed guild xp is :- 44,361,292,839

and the advisor shows :- 25,225,898,129

If it's been "fixed" from the last backup, then that backup is flippin' old - I'd say at least 6 months given the lack of game content these days.

I wonder why the hosting company doesn't do daily backups ? - or, if they do, how it's gone so long "broken" without being noticed ?

Edited to 6  months ago ...

Edited by Pardoux, 12 November 2019 - 22:46.

Homer : Marge, don't discourage the boy. Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals .. except the weasel.

Eddie Izzard : The National Rifle Association say that guns don't kill people, people do. But I think the gun helps, you know ? I think it helps. I think just standing there going "BANG" - that's not going to kill too many people, is it ?

I don't mean to sound pessimistic, but it seems that everything I eat lately turns to poo ...

#10 sohail94

sohail94

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 722 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 12 November 2019 - 22:33

from what I can see the back up is from just before the last xp event around 13/Jul/2019, so 4 to 5 months ago, at least it's not from 3 years ago  :lol:  :rolleyes: . Surely you guys have daily backups? moltenkore didn't make a backup before he decided to disable the guild advisor just days ago?

#11 Corrupted

Corrupted

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 263 posts
  • Dominican Republic

Posted 13 November 2019 - 03:17

Same thing that happened to the Wiki wasn't it? No backup for ages so we just have a huge gap in stuff. Can't trust the Advisor anymore

#12 BigOStyle

BigOStyle

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 13 November 2019 - 03:57

Yeah, the Guild Adviser shows 926,899,278. Guild Manage Page shows 1,196,170,902. Do the math this equates to 269,271,624 difference. That is several months of XP.

Edited by BigOStyle, 13 November 2019 - 03:57.

#13 PointyHair

PointyHair

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 322 posts

Posted 13 November 2019 - 07:07

Hi there.

The Advisor is fixed. It is from the best backup we have so you may find the numbers don't match what you remember.

~ Grim

Advisor is not fixed. Previous days are timing out.

#14 activeh1

activeh1

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,340 posts
  • Azerbaijan

Posted 13 November 2019 - 07:30

why does it matter ,isnt there other things more important than a guild advisor,so you cant play the game without it ???

wake up people

5aZzW0p.png,

#15 Corrupted

Corrupted

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 263 posts
  • Dominican Republic

Posted 13 November 2019 - 15:27

It isn't so much about the Advisor. It just sets a precedent for things to come. The Wiki had a lot of information that would've been of use to newer players and it's gone. Now we have another function of the game that relies on historical data.... That's missing a large part of it.

While it won't affect most players at a basic levels, I'm sure leaders used this information and relied on it for some other aspects of the game.

What's to say something more important won't just go poof in the future and all we can do is shrug and move along?

#16 activeh1

activeh1

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,340 posts
  • Azerbaijan

Posted 14 November 2019 - 09:31

yea lets say we all get kicked back to level 1 ,on my what a shame ,its a game people things happpen 

5aZzW0p.png,

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: