• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Tredough

Tredough

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts

Posted 12 July 2013 - 12:38

It seems like there's just the one bank? I'm assuming their are other banks in the game, but there should be many more banks, basically one in every town. I've only been playing a day and I'm having to run for 10 minutes to go to the bank...Also bank storage seems to be shockingly limited. Is it always that way?

#2 Alpion

Alpion

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 490 posts
  • Badge

Posted 12 July 2013 - 12:46

There is a bank in most major towns.  If you're having to run 10 minutes, then you're going the wrong way lol.

If you'll note, there's also expansion slots for the bank that hopefully we'll be able to put backpacks in for more storage at some point.  Not sure how high this is on their list of things to do, but it does look like it will be implemented at some point.

Would you like some cheese with your whine?

#3 WowRefugee

WowRefugee

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 314 posts
  • Badge
  • United States of America

Posted 12 July 2013 - 13:39

Note that there are towns that have places that look like/are labeled banks, but you can't use: Mythos and Illenska.  I think this is a storyline issue - I assume there will be some set of quest/storyline events that will open up these places to be used as banks.  Probably at higher levels we don't have access to yet. 

A Text-Based Talent Calculator For Eldevin: http://TalentTheory.com/calc/

Current Characters: Salador, Serculer, Aquinas

#4 Fizban

Fizban

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,277 posts
  • Badge

Posted 12 July 2013 - 14:14

the storyline for opening banks is in Eldevin, once completed all banks become available

I can tolerate ignorance, but i cannot stand stupidity

the past can't be altered, the future can't be controlled, live for the here and now

#5 thickenergy

thickenergy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 264 posts
  • Badge

Posted 12 July 2013 - 19:21

No, they don't all become available. The banks in Mythos and Illaneska don't allow you to access your storage yet. But you can access the banks in Nidaros and Roshaven. Once you've done the related quests you can also access your storage from the footlocker in your personal rooms in the Eldevin City barracks and the Arcane Sanctum. You can also use Eldevin Points to purchase Global Stash access items, letting you access your storage from anywhere.

#6 thickenergy

thickenergy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 264 posts
  • Badge

Posted 12 July 2013 - 20:10

You may also want to invest some Eldevin Points in buying some large backpacks. That should greatly reduce the need to visit your vault as often.

#7 Tredough

Tredough

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts

Posted 12 July 2013 - 20:37

Seems like stacks of stuff are way too small. Stacks of everything should be in 100. Why can I only have a stack of 10 weeds?! Imagine trying to have a market in which people have to post a million different auctions, because they can only carry so many at a time and they only come in stacks of 10.  

#8 thickenergy

thickenergy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 264 posts
  • Badge

Posted 12 July 2013 - 21:11

Design choices like that are made, for the most part I believe, because in a FTP game convenience aspects are usually monetized in some way. In this case it's the extra storage that's monetized. I don't have a problem with this as long as it doesn't get out of hand. HCS needs to pay the bills somehow, and if they have some reasonable monetization in an otherwise free-to-play game I'm certainly not going to complain.

FTP games walk a fine line between monetization choices that will result in profit and those that drive away their player-base. So far I haven't seen anything that seems too out of line to me.

#9 WowRefugee

WowRefugee

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 314 posts
  • Badge
  • United States of America

Posted 13 July 2013 - 02:08

Seems like stacks of stuff are way too small. Stacks of everything should be in 100. Why can I only have a stack of 10 weeds?! Imagine trying to have a market in which people have to post a million different auctions, because they can only carry so many at a time and they only come in stacks of 10.  

That is what baskets (3 stacks) and sacks (10 stacks) are for.  They hold gathering materials (but not crafting output, like cooked food).  Baskets cost you 50s each at the Eldevin Market, and Sacks cost you 75ep in the Mystical Market.

So something that stacks to 10 normally will stack to 100 in a sack.

Design choices like that are made, for the most part I believe, because in a FTP game convenience aspects are usually monetized in some way. In this case it's the extra storage that's monetized. I don't have a problem with this as long as it doesn't get out of hand. HCS needs to pay the bills somehow, and if they have some reasonable monetization in an otherwise free-to-play game I'm certainly not going to complain.

FTP games walk a fine line between monetization choices that will result in profit and those that drive away their player-base. So far I haven't seen anything that seems too out of line to me.

This is mostly true, but consider: every time they top us off with 10000ep, that's the equivalent of $100, at 1c == 1ep.  So we have been living very subsidized lives as testers.  And this is for the benefit of a single toon.  Multiply that by the number of toons you are planning on running after release...   I don't think I could get by with out at least 2 large bags (I am using 4 max-size bags now, and more sacks than I care to count).

Large bag: $20.  Sack: 75c

This starts to add up to real $$ pretty quickly, even with the ep you get from subscription.

More than I am used to paying for games that aren't "free to play" in the first place.

A Text-Based Talent Calculator For Eldevin: http://TalentTheory.com/calc/

Current Characters: Salador, Serculer, Aquinas

#10 Anakiro

Anakiro

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,542 posts
  • Badge

Posted 11 June 2014 - 15:49

Since this suggestion the banks have been opened up in the major cities. Mythos, Illaneska, Nidaros and Eldevin City have their own banks now.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: