Photo

Incoming Update : Thursday 20th 2014

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
119 replies to this topic

#1 Mojawk

Mojawk

Chief Operations Officer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,230 posts
  • Badge

Posted 18 November 2014 - 17:51

Elemental_Forum.jpg

Hey folks, we're planning to update the game on Thursday this week at approximately 2pm GMT (9am EST). During this downtime 'The Howling' event will be removed, so it's your last chance to grab a spooky mount this year! When the servers return we're also going to increase the number of players that each server can hold concurrently, and we've been also working to test our Steam Mac build so we hope to have that with you next week! 

Here's a sneak peek at this week's patch notes :

General

• Added preview button to vanity items.
  • Added warning when you sell items with socketed gems and bags.
  • Added invert mouse options to the gameplay settings.
  • Lowered cost of initial character bag slot from 25 silver to 1 silver.
  • Made it easier to select NPCs and objects when players are standing on top of them
  • Movement keys now block if you bind other keys to the same keys with ctrl/shift/alt.
  • Resolutions in the graphics options are now sorted in order of width and then height
  • When you try to equip a bag and you have no space available it now asks whether you want to unlock a bag slot.
  • When the homestone is on cooldown and you try to use it, you will now visit the cooldown page.
  • You can now call and dismiss your pets while mounted.
  • Chat Commands added to all pets and mounts - speeds up access without having to use up valuable action bar space.

Servers

• Fixed performance of our servers under high load.
  • Optimized all of our network traffic.

Gameplay

• Added a quick exit from the Othalo Guardhouse behind Raelin, which is accessible after he's dead.
  • Game screen money text will now change color and offer a mouse over explanation if a player is on or above the gold cap.
  • Pets and following NPCs should now better be able to keep up with mounts.
  • Story Mode : Rumble's Grotto is now available.
  • Returning the guide stone for the Eldevin Walking Tour is now optional.
  • The sell window will now display an error messages when it fails to sell.
  • The items "Bone Spider Fang" and "Cracked Fang" are now not bound.
  • The Drateol's Pit PvP level has been revamped and is now significantly larger.

Elemental Pack

• We're adding a new Pack to the Eldevin Market, this pack contains 6 new sets, 6 new pets, 4 new mounts, 4 new emotes and more! More details in the update notes!

Bugs

• Applied fixes to several pets who wouldn't teleport to their owner when they got too far away.
  • Fixed crash on monitors that have dimensions bigger than 2048.
  • Made the unsupported configuration message when launching through Steam more verbose.
  • Resizing the launcher screen will now center the graphics and no longer cause unpleasant graphics artefacts.
  • Resolved the issue where the cursor not being made visible again if a modal window was displayed, for example if you died.
  • Resolved the issue with spooky potion effects lingering in the realm.
  • Resolved the issue with the respec cooldown resetting in 11 days instead of 60 days
  • Resolved an issue where some creatures may be awarding kills towards the wrong rank kills achievement.
  • Resolved an issue where Steam Dungeon achievements were not being unlocked for existing users.
  • Resolved an issue where the screen shot key didn't work correctly
  • Resolved an issue where Plagued creatures were not correctly reducing reputation.
  • Resolved an issue where using Flame Rush or Adrenaline Rush could give the user infinite crowd control immunity.
  • Resolved an issue which meant "The Bluppity Sisters" would not award if the pets were learned on different characters.
  • Resolved an issue which meant the achievements "Honored Across the Lands" and "Exalted in Eldevin" would not be correctly awarded.
  • The achievement "Back for More" now correctly awards 10 achievement points.
  • Updated the tooltip for Frenzy, it incorrectly stated an immunity to slows, which should have been stuns.
  • Updated the Zombie Dance to count towards dancing related achievements.
  • When using newt and rotating while using awsd it wouldn't move the cursor back to the original position.
  • When using newt the mouse would sometimes reset the mouse sensitivity, the bug still exists in awt.
  • Valor tooltip now shows the exact amount of experience remaining until the next level.

~The Eldevin Team

John Stewart
Chief Operations Officer

#2 Pros

Pros

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 423 posts

Posted 18 November 2014 - 17:56

Wait you're confusing me with the Title. >.>

Edit: Also,  

Been waiting for this : P

• Added preview button to vanity items.

Edited by Pros, 18 November 2014 - 18:10.

zv61ht.png

#3 Mongo

Mongo

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,879 posts
  • Badge

Posted 18 November 2014 - 18:00

Nice looking update, look forward to checking out the new PvP ground. :)

Visit my shop! Mongo's Emporium for emotes, pets, vanity and more!

#4 Cupid

Cupid

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 18 November 2014 - 18:02

Awesome looking forward to this :D

#5 ZooksterGaming

ZooksterGaming

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,495 posts
  • Badge

Posted 18 November 2014 - 18:04

Nice update! Story Mode RG! :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub:

Cant wait to check whats in the new packs too! :)

Just wondering if there are any news on the Valor+Supporter 'Bug' yet.

91ig7l.png

| Zook (45) Prophet | Arumat (45) Warrior | Samoorai (45) Templar |

| Crystal Cutting - 45 | Farming - 40 | Fishing - 23 | Foraging - 45 | Forestry - 45 | Prospecting - 45 | Skinning - 45 |

| Alchemy - 45 | Armorsmithing - 45 | Cooking - 45 | Jewelry - 45 | Leatherworking - 45 | Tailoring - 45 | Weaponsmithing - 40 |

#6 sdcrichy

sdcrichy

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,086 posts
  • Badge

Posted 18 November 2014 - 18:15

story mode RG, really you must rethink this or take away the weekly quests for bt and rg in storymode and just get the quest complete if in dungeon mode. it's to easy to do it every week for 4 flakes now 8 if story rg just for 1 character. i have 8 lvl 45's and doing them every week solo will get me 64 flakes or rems a week which is a bit much.

#7 Debrutsid

Debrutsid

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,171 posts
  • Badge

Posted 18 November 2014 - 18:24

why couldn't they have left the respec alone?  espoecially since the system is meant to be "classless" as possible.  feh.  60 days is just too much.  

#8 AwiesGoesRawr

AwiesGoesRawr

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 292 posts

Posted 18 November 2014 - 18:24

Sweet. I love it when it takes me more than 10 seconds to read the update list. Keep it coming boys<3

Eldevin Steam-generation.

8080c8f99f8fda986f422fda15784e4b.gif

#9 zargon

zargon

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 402 posts

Posted 18 November 2014 - 18:26

Why in the world would you make story mode RG. Is your intent to have nobody group up in the game and have it so Eldevin becomes a place where you don't meet up with friends ? There needs to be a balance here. Also, my Tank and all other tanks and healers are now worthless. Thanks for that.

I have spent 1 year loving this game and now you turning in into a non mmo game for me. No reason to play. Everyone will just play as individuals. Just make the game solo play for your home game console and be done with it.

I was the strongest advocate for solo dungeons and started this whole movement. If I had known that you would take it this far, I would have kept my mouth shut. All I can say to the community is I am sorry I even spoke out to begin with.

No More Story Modes please.

Edited by zargon, 18 November 2014 - 18:34.

#10 Ant

Ant

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 902 posts
  • Badge

Posted 18 November 2014 - 18:26

Vanity preview :D

If buff or wave to you in passing, it means hello!
@AntEldevin
##ETradin Buy & Sell Chat

http://webchat.freenode.net

zLz5Qbo.gif

WTB Founder Torch PM me

#11 PeasantJoe

PeasantJoe

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 291 posts

Posted 18 November 2014 - 18:31

good work

#12 ZooksterGaming

ZooksterGaming

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,495 posts
  • Badge

Posted 18 November 2014 - 18:31

story mode RG, really you must rethink this or take away the weekly quests for bt and rg in storymode and just get the quest complete if in dungeon mode. it's to easy to do it every week for 4 flakes now 8 if story rg just for 1 character. i have 8 lvl 45's and doing them every week solo will get me 64 flakes or rems a week which is a bit much.

Why in the world would you make story mode RG. Is your intent to have nobody group up in the game and have it so Eldevin becomes a place where you don't meet up with friends ? There needs to be a balance here. Also, my Tank and all other tanks and healers are now worthless. Thanks for that.

I have spent 1 year loving this game and now you turning in into a non mmo game for me. No reason to play. Everyone will just play as individuals. Just make the game solo play for your home game console and be done with it.

You do realise that they can balance it whenever needed?
Its quite easy to make story mode instances take more time by giving all mobs higher life/more defense

91ig7l.png

| Zook (45) Prophet | Arumat (45) Warrior | Samoorai (45) Templar |

| Crystal Cutting - 45 | Farming - 40 | Fishing - 23 | Foraging - 45 | Forestry - 45 | Prospecting - 45 | Skinning - 45 |

| Alchemy - 45 | Armorsmithing - 45 | Cooking - 45 | Jewelry - 45 | Leatherworking - 45 | Tailoring - 45 | Weaponsmithing - 40 |

#13 Ant

Ant

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 902 posts
  • Badge

Posted 18 November 2014 - 18:32

Will the ghost remain for a week so we can turn in all our treats?

If buff or wave to you in passing, it means hello!
@AntEldevin
##ETradin Buy & Sell Chat

http://webchat.freenode.net

zLz5Qbo.gif

WTB Founder Torch PM me

#14 Vash

Vash

• Members
  • Pip
  • 45 posts
  • Badge

Posted 18 November 2014 - 18:38

always a pleasure to see regular updates !

Edited by Vash, 18 November 2014 - 18:39.

#15 AwiesGoesRawr

AwiesGoesRawr

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 292 posts

Posted 18 November 2014 - 18:39

Sweet. I love it when it takes me more than 10 seconds to read the update list. Keep it coming boys<3

Eldevin Steam-generation.

8080c8f99f8fda986f422fda15784e4b.gif

#16 zargon

zargon

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 402 posts

Posted 18 November 2014 - 18:39

Vote here on what you all think about having more Story Modes:

https://forums.hunte...re-story-modes/

I'm sure it will not matter to HCS at this stage, but might as well hear how people think about it either way.

Edited by zargon, 18 November 2014 - 18:45.

#17 scorp

scorp

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 624 posts

Posted 18 November 2014 - 18:47

1.Add option to switch between 2 builds.I like to heal in dungeon but boil the blood of my enemies in pvp.Curently because of the tournament i cant  do my asv/arg dailies which sucks.

2.Fix the overnerf of bt ,make it so you cant do weeklies in story mode.Sd is right is too much(cant believe i agree with him).

Cant wait to see the new vanities and mounts.Really curious about the new Drateols pit.

Fire,i like fire.

#18 defnubs

defnubs

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 18 November 2014 - 18:50

HCS,

Great that the server(s)  performance is investigated and action have been taken.

Especially at hours lot of players are playing  response at my side sometimes was over 20 seconds, at random.

Looking forward to a fast responding game again...

Defnubs

Edited by defnubs, 18 November 2014 - 18:52.

#19 HuMoR

HuMoR

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,880 posts
  • Badge

Posted 18 November 2014 - 19:00

Servers

• Fixed a memory leak that affected performance of our servers under high load.
  • Optimized all of our network traffic.

Elemental Pack

• We're adding a new Pack to the Eldevin Market, this pack contains 6 new sets, 6 new pets, 4 new mounts, 4 new emotes and more! More details in the update notes!

In regards to the server bit....I told you so!!! XD

Elemental pack..I wonder what the contents of this will be hmmmmm

I was the strongest advocate for solo dungeons and started this whole movement. If I had known that you would take it this far, I would have kept my mouth shut. All I can say to the community is I am sorry I even spoke out to begin with.

I told you so as well....

offering services to predict the future!!

Edited by HuMoR, 18 November 2014 - 19:01.

Characters:
Guthix:
Level 40 Mage.
Chelsea's Man<3

#20 Torval

Torval

• Members
  • Pip
  • 40 posts

Posted 18 November 2014 - 19:03

If grouping is how you want to play you can still do that. People still like to group and they will do so. Some people don't want to group. People should be allowed to play how they like. Forcing people to group just so you have someone to play with is lame.

I don't play this game to make friends. I have friends and a social life. I do meet people in game and enjoy gaming with them, but I don't want to have to do that in order to progress my character. I'll group because I feel like it not because I have to. I'm not asking you to have to solo so don't try and force me to group.

Thanks for the preview button. I had to ask how to preview currently as I couldn't figure it out. I think the button will be less confusing for all.

Edited by Torval, 18 November 2014 - 19:08.

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: