Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,814 posts
  • Badge

Posted 26 March 2014 - 17:56

Hi there Everyone.

A few things this evening.

First, we have made a new update to the code for Titan Hunting. This activates in a Realm where a Titan is spawned and will allow us to better track and stop scripting.

Second, we are looking to update the Bounty Board sometime next week with the following : PvP Ladder hits will no longer be bounty-able and Bounties will no longer expire.

Furthermore, we are thinking that anyone who takes a bounty cannot be bountied for taking it. This would mean being a Bounty Hunter would no longer be more damaging to the Hunter, making it a viable part of the game again. However, we would like constructive feedback regarding this.

~ The Fallen Sword Team

#2 krazy4xbox

krazy4xbox

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 26 March 2014 - 18:01

For bounty hunting, I strongly disagree with being unable to bounty the bounty hunter.  The reason why being a bounty hunter is no longer viable in this game isnt because people are scared of being bountied, it's because there's is a lack of bounties. If anything this change would make the bounty board even more dead since the majority of bounties seem to come from delevel parties.

I feel like if the bounty board is to be revived, you first need to change pvp and entice players to either bounty, or hit people that bounty.

#3 Saxon

Saxon

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 686 posts

Posted 26 March 2014 - 18:04

Great update that ladder hits can't be bountied. The ladder is opted into so do the hitting and take the hitting without involving others.

Bounties taken should be bountiable. If a guild is at war then they smash the bounty and that player has to be able to bounty the hitters back.

#4 duktayp

duktayp

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,395 posts

Posted 26 March 2014 - 18:06

a like from me

(pulls up a chair, gets comfortable....this is going to be good)

66X80fbuRiKAm79QRbwR_Bulldog%20Climbs%20

#5 dragon4u

dragon4u

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 26 March 2014 - 18:07

It all sounds good but the Bounty not expiring.

#6 DomCorvis

DomCorvis

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 670 posts
  • Badge

Posted 26 March 2014 - 18:09

like the titan update...

dont care about pvp ladder hits being bountied or not.

BH'rs unable to be bountied? no thank you...bad idea...smashers run rampant as is...least we can do is return fire and drop em 5? how are we supposed to do that if we cant bounty them?

RealmOfTheDead_zps1e8fa1f1.png

#7 Leos3000

Leos3000

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,034 posts

Posted 26 March 2014 - 18:09

I don't think anyone has ever asked for all bounty hunters to be immune from being bountied...

There have been some good suggestions on cases where the hunter should t be bountied (1 being they COMPLETED the bounty with all 10 stam hits (maybe even with a set percentage of wins 90%+) to make defending relevant.))

The only other way a hunter shouldn't be able to be bountied is if they accept a bounty but never hit (like it used to be)

#8 vetlet

vetlet

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

Posted 26 March 2014 - 18:10

We will disagree, I don't do bounty boards because I'd rather not be bountied for taking them up.

If that changed, then I will do more bounty bpard clearing.

#9 Aceshunter

Aceshunter

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 66 posts
  • Badge

Posted 26 March 2014 - 18:13

YES YES YES :D

#10 Windbattle

Windbattle

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,707 posts
  • Badge

Posted 26 March 2014 - 18:14

Nice update overall ...

What I like about the updates ...

1) Ladder hits not being bountyable. When you enter a ladder it is suppose to be a hitting contest.  I would limit the amount of guild mates that can enter the same ladder band to 2 though. 

2) Titan Scripting / Abuse is still a big problem and I'm glad your taking it more seriously. Also you might want to look into the spawning of titans as well. Some titans spawn so infrequently that 5-7 days go by before we see the titan again .. aka defeating the point of cool downs.

What I dislike about the updates ...

1) Not being able to bounty the bounty hunter. At first look, it sounds like a good update for 10 stam clearing bounty hunters.  HOWEVER, pvp smasher medal is still earned by EITHER 100 stam hits on the BB or Ladder. Your essentially saying any 100 stam hit made for the pvp smasher medal will no longer be bountyable now. If that is the case, then you should change the smasher medal to include ALL 100 stam hits, as it was originally.

2) Many people use the BB to PUNISH pvp attacks so they are using 100 stam hits to delevel people. The risk to reward is completely out of whack then. For example, pvp hits someone for gold with a 100 stam hit. They get bountied. Targets guild / allied guilds / mercenaries take 5 levels from pvper. Pvper can't bounty back / lost considerably more than what they took and thus discourages pvping in the game. This in turn will result in less bounties because less people are inclined to pvp.

3) @Saxon, brought up a good point about PvP wars. They are mainly fought out on the BB by counter bountying the people that smashed their guild mate on the BB.

4) Another issue is late starters on the BB. You are essentially giving them cover to smash someone a few times and not finish the bounty.

As you can see .. lots of potential abuses to this idea. Therefore I recommend the following change to his update before it goes live ..

FIX to the Issue: Not being able to bounty the bounty hunter IF the hits are 10 stam, otherwise if the hits are 10+ stam, then bountyable.

Edited by Windbattle, 26 March 2014 - 18:25.

#11 yotwehc

yotwehc

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,942 posts

Posted 26 March 2014 - 18:16

I like all! Thanks HCS! Hopefully true bounty hunters will flourish. I may give it a go with the rule change!

#12 jer

jer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 26 March 2014 - 18:19

I have the question if we can not bounty ladder hits how do we stay off the ladder, in the past when I have opted out of the ladder and got hit by people on the ladder it added me to the ladder and the only way to stop hits was to bounty them, if these changes are done we should not be targets to people on ladder unless we opt in to the ladder.

#13 Sithstress

Sithstress

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts

Posted 26 March 2014 - 18:22

First off, great update on taking away the ability to bounty Ladder hits. It seemed ridiculous to have that option when it is a part of the game that you have to actively opt-in to.

Now, onto the Bounty Board Discussion.

It is a really bad idea to make it so that you cannot be bountied for accepting a bounty. When you accept a bounty you need to be accepting the risk that you may be bountied for doing so. If you remove the ability to do so all you are doing is allowing free Smasher Medals to everyone. There will be no reprucussions possible for 100 stamming them. Then, you add the fact that everyone will be jumping on your bounty (Because ... once again there are no consequences) you are practically guaranteeing that anyone who goes on the board will lose 5 levels. Please don't break the game in this way especially when no one is asking for it.

Edited by Sithstress, 26 March 2014 - 18:23.

#14 sttawnaes

sttawnaes

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 85 posts

Posted 26 March 2014 - 18:28

Ladder hits should have the ablility to be bountied (some ladder players play dirty, and is the only way to get back at those players), Bountys/Bounty Hunters should have the ability to be counter-bountied. (Bad Call on change) It is not the problem. The problem is all the real PVP players left the game.

Congrats on actually looking into titan scripting. It's one thing that has me not playing this game anymore.

Anything to help against cheaters, might actually get me back into the game :)

(players still use old map to move around, while titan hunting) (aka: cheating)

#15 Windbattle

Windbattle

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,707 posts
  • Badge

Posted 26 March 2014 - 18:30

Ladder hits should be bountied, Bounty Hunting should be bountied.

Congrats on actually looking into titan scripting. It's one thing that has me not playing this game anymore.

And if people are found out to be cheating, the players account and their entire guild should be closed down swiftly (if they knew about it). It would be a great deterrent from future cheaty behavior.

Edited by Windbattle, 26 March 2014 - 18:30.

#16 sttawnaes

sttawnaes

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 85 posts

Posted 26 March 2014 - 18:32

The problem, Windbattle, is that most of these "cheaters" are heavy donators and HCS wont destroy that bond they have with the heavy donators... It's sad to say this but it is entirely true :)

#17 leefylee

leefylee

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 426 posts
  • Badge

Posted 26 March 2014 - 18:32

1  love the idea of stopping people using scripts for titan hunting, even though i know my guild has placed many tickets on this subject and every time the answer was " that person is not using scripts"

2 not been able to bounty a ladder hit is great, should have been brought into game ages ago...

3 bounties not expiring sucks big time, lets say i get on the BB and my guild mates use their stamina to keep me buffed, but the bounty can no longer expire then they will have wasted their stamina

4 should always be able to bounty a bounty hunter, ottherwise they will just start smashing the board with no come backs.. most people on the BB will only return bounty a 100stam clear any way. ive never bountied someone who clears me with 10 stam hits.

#18 RebornJedi

RebornJedi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,450 posts

Posted 26 March 2014 - 18:40

Furthermore, we are thinking that anyone who takes a bounty cannot be bountied for taking it. This would mean being a Bounty Hunter would no longer be more damaging to the Hunter, making it a viable part of the game again. However, we would like constructive feedback regarding this.

the winner, if they used 10 stamina attacks, should not be able to be placed on the bounty board.. all others should be open for a bounty like how they are now..

#19 leefylee

leefylee

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 426 posts
  • Badge

Posted 26 March 2014 - 18:46

Ladder hits should have the ablility to be bountied (some ladder players play dirty, and is the only way to get back at those players), Bountys/Bounty Hunters should have the ability to be counter-bountied. (Bad Call on change) It is not the problem. The problem is all the real PVP players left the game.

(players still use old map to move around, while titan hunting) (aka: cheating)

sorry i dont understand ?? how can players play dirty on the pvp ladder that you have to actually opt into..,.if they hit you with 100 stamina every hour on the dot for the 24-36 hours of the ladder its well within the rules of it.. you dont like it ? then dont opt in

#20 RebornJedi

RebornJedi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,450 posts

Posted 26 March 2014 - 18:52

This would mean being a Bounty Hunter would no longer be more damaging to the Hunter, making it a viable part of the game again.

if you truly wish for bounty hunting to be a viable part of the game again, you need to help encourage PvP and placing a bounty ;)

a couple suggestions...

• PvP bounty board punishment needs to be reduced (5 levels at x2 XP loss for taking 10% of a target's level and a small amount of their gold in hand doesn't encourage PvP for the majority of players)
  • Placing a Bounty should cost NO tickets! Gold/FSP reward is good enough
  • PvP events that promote gold theft and PvP prestige farming (WEEKLY!)
  • PvP Prestige needs to be reworked to let players use up certain amount of Prestige when the activate (non of this all or nothing) .. the more Prestige you use after the 10% is achieved, the longer it lasts.
  • Bounty Hunter bounty board punishment needs to be reduced
  • Implement a Bounty Pot reward system.. prizes could vary from gold, FSP, potions, PvP Prestige, PvP Tokens, etc

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: