85 replies to this topic

#41 Lutrafs

Lutrafs

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 631 posts

Posted 25 January 2012 - 00:02

Ok so I have got all but 2 sets of fonts changed over.

1 of them is listed as
and the other is for the stats section in profile and its listed as but nothing else.

Either I am really blind or today is just not my day.

Can you please help me yet again evilbry?

EDIT: Never mind evilbry, im not going to change anything else until hcs fixes the darn thing, once I had all but those 2 changed I stopped and saved it and went about playing my game. For a while it worked and then all the sudden it wasnt working anymore, fonts are not changed to the color I have them set to, but at the same time they are not set to the default (black) either. not sure whats up but im guessing hcs is changing something in the editor.

#42 evilbry

evilbry

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,172 posts
  • New Zealand

Posted 25 January 2012 - 06:33

Ok so I have got all but 2 sets of fonts changed over.

1 of them is listed as
and the other is for the stats section in profile and its listed as but nothing else.

Either I am really blind or today is just not my day.

Can you please help me yet again evilbry?

EDIT: Never mind evilbry, im not going to change anything else until hcs fixes the darn thing, once I had all but those 2 changed I stopped and saved it and went about playing my game. For a while it worked and then all the sudden it wasnt working anymore, fonts are not changed to the color I have them set to, but at the same time they are not set to the default (black) either. not sure whats up but im guessing hcs is changing something in the editor.

it may or may not have something to do with #pCC ;)

#43 Zorg

Zorg

Chief Technical Officer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 698 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 25 January 2012 - 12:00

Haven't changed a thing...

~ Chief Technical Officer
Wayne 'Zorg' Robinson

#44 rebtex

rebtex

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,487 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 26 January 2012 - 03:38

Finally have mine set up to my liking.

http://img851.images...03/85303557.png

alonesig_lafuria-1.png

#45 cyrus7

cyrus7

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,562 posts
  • Badge

Posted 26 January 2012 - 03:44

Finally have mine set up to my liking.

http://img851.images...03/85303557.png

Wow that looks neat. 8)

I'm doing the opposite though. I have a slow old computer. I found that removing the top banner makes me go faster! Also I changed the stats bar and cut the heads off the side, which shrunk it in size (49.2 KB to 9.73 KB). Currently looking at trying to remove the side bar images...

#46 cyrus7

cyrus7

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,562 posts
  • Badge

Posted 26 January 2012 - 06:14

I think I mostly have mine the way I want it now, but when I started checking pages (with a black background), I see that the Auction House categories use a solid (tan) color background rather than the category image on a transparent PNG, and it looks awful. :|

These things ==> Posted Image

Screenshot: http://img.photobuck...yrus7/FS/AH.png

#47 KitiaraLi

KitiaraLi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,242 posts
  • Denmark

Posted 26 January 2012 - 07:38

grrr.. Zorg, or anyone similar knowledgeable at this, pls help me out here... I am stomped by the left side menu in the classic theme :-/

I have added this:
.nav-level-1 {
    background: url("http://www.fakelink.com/menu_open_bg.gif") repeat-y scroll right center transparent;
}
and end up with this:
Posted Image
For some reason it pulls the original menu_open_bg.gif to the left side of the menu, and the following appears to be what is screwing me over:
.nav-level-0 > ul {
    background: url("http://huntedcow.cachefly.net/fs/media/dist/img/themes/classic/menu_open_bg.gif") repeat-y scroll center top transparent;
}
but I cannot get the game to recognize any changes done to the .nav-level-0 string :-/

No one can deny that we changed this game and influenced it in such a way that NO ONE could compete with us.. so much so that they changed the rules. ~Abhorrence, chosen founder of Cerulean Sins

#48 evilbry

evilbry

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,172 posts
  • New Zealand

Posted 26 January 2012 - 10:09

I think I mostly have mine the way I want it now, but when I started checking pages (with a black background), I see that the Auction House categories use a solid (tan) color background rather than the category image on a transparent PNG, and it looks awful. :|

If you want a bit of a quick and dirty hack..
td {
background: transparent none;
}

Will remove the images but leave the links. Probably would suit your minimalistic theme you are trying to achieve.

#49 evilbry

evilbry

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,172 posts
  • New Zealand

Posted 26 January 2012 - 10:25

and since we are all posting our css purdyness. I decided to go with a darkish theme. Far from finished.

Posted Image

#50 Zorg

Zorg

Chief Technical Officer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 698 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 26 January 2012 - 12:03

grrr.. Zorg, or anyone similar knowledgeable at this, pls help me out here... I am stomped by the left side menu in the classic theme :-/

The code you want is...
.nav-level-0 > ul {
}
However, this does not currently work as my custom CSS script does not recognize greater than or less than symbols. A fix for this is coming in v2.0.23b that should be pushed today.

Sorry about that.

~ Chief Technical Officer
Wayne 'Zorg' Robinson

#51 rebtex

rebtex

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,487 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 22:00

@evilbry

Mind telling me how you got item backgrounds to disappear? For some reason whenever I try it goes awry. Maybe I should just use Firebug in FF. I like it better then the chrome inspection.

alonesig_lafuria-1.png

#52 Lutrafs

Lutrafs

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 631 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 22:05

@evilbry

Mind telling me how you got item backgrounds to disappear? For some reason whenever I try it goes awry. Maybe I should just use Firebug in FF. I like it better then the chrome inspection.

I beleive, not 100 percent sure, but I think this is it:

td {
}

as well the coding for the fonts for the stats in your profile page is as follows:

td
{
color: rgb(255,0,0);
}

The color listed in mine is red, but you can simply change it to whatever you wish.

Thanks to hoof and evilbry for both your assistance in helping me get mine setup, and once its finalized I will have a pic up for all to see

#53 rebtex

rebtex

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,487 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 22:08

@evilbry

I beleive, not 100 percent sure, but I think this is it:

td {
}

Yep, thank you. Don't know how I missed that. Maybe I just managed to type it in wrong every time. Haha.

alonesig_lafuria-1.png

#54 cyrus7

cyrus7

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,562 posts
  • Badge

Posted 27 January 2012 - 00:54

If you want a bit of a quick and dirty hack..
td {
}

Will remove the images but leave the links. Probably would suit your minimalistic theme you are trying to achieve.

Yep Bry, that did it... except it also removed the background from item image slots (equipped items and backpack). Oh well, there's a backpack counter at the top of the page now.

Here's what I've got now, as far as the Auction House: http://img.photobuck... ... FS/AH1.png

Profile view (click for unsmushed pic):
Posted Image

Apologies to the designers who worked hard to give us a pretty shiny UI. I worked hours to change it back to plain black. :oops:

#55 KitiaraLi

KitiaraLi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,242 posts
  • Denmark

Posted 27 January 2012 - 03:23

However, this does not currently work as my custom CSS script does not recognize greater than or less than symbols. A fix for this is coming in v2.0.23b that should be pushed today.

Sorry about that.

LOL hours wasted on my behalf then .. ah well, no harm :) Thnx for the helpsers :mrgreen:

Edit:
Ha! now the update is in, and I am at 95% (buttons needs to be fixed around the game, like the AH ones made transparent n such) ..

Posted Image

No one can deny that we changed this game and influenced it in such a way that NO ONE could compete with us.. so much so that they changed the rules. ~Abhorrence, chosen founder of Cerulean Sins

#56 Roan

Roan

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,278 posts
  • Badge

Posted 27 January 2012 - 13:04

That looks really good kitiara :)

Firesinged_zpsd6b00c6e.png

#57 thering66

thering66

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 258 posts

Posted 03 February 2012 - 13:50

Yep Bry, that did it... except it also removed the background from item image slots (equipped items and backpack). Oh well, there's a backpack counter at the top of the page now.

Here's what I've got now, as far as the Auction House: http://img.photobuck... ... FS/AH1.png

Profile view (click for unsmushed pic):
Posted Image

Apologies to the designers who worked hard to give us a pretty shiny UI. I worked hours to change it back to plain black. :oops:

uhh can i ask how you transformed your text into white? my text clashes with the back ground ...

#58 KitiaraLi

KitiaraLi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,242 posts
  • Denmark

Posted 04 February 2012 - 07:32

uhh can i ask how you transformed your text into white? my text clashes with the back ground ...

as well the coding for the fonts for the stats in your profile page is as follows:

td
{
color: rgb(255,0,0);
}

The color listed in mine is red, but you can simply change it to whatever you wish.

For the remaining text areas, I'd suggest you read the following very easy tutorial;
http://www.echoecho.com/csslinks.htm

Edit; Should warn you, it will clash with FShelper settings, so some text areas will look funky :-/

#59 Jesiegel

Jesiegel

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 87 posts
  • Badge

Posted 10 February 2012 - 01:53

I cant figure out how to re-color all the buttons in the game, i have my style pretty much set otherwise. can anyone help?

ive used the following code:

.custombutton, input.custombutton, input[type="button"], input[type="submit"] {
    background-color: #dddddd;
    border-bottom-color: #666666;
    border-left-color: #666666;
    border-right-color: #666666;
    border-top-color: #666666;
    color: #000000;
}
.custombutton:hover, input.custombutton:hover, input[type="button"]:hover, input[type="submit"]:hover {
    background-color: #cccccc;
    color: #000000;
}
and it wont work, if i go into firebug and replace the same variables in there, it does, seems strange to me!

#60 Jesiegel

Jesiegel

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 87 posts
  • Badge

Posted 10 February 2012 - 03:46

also does anyone know which code controls these orange lines?

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users