RISDMAC

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 729 posts
  • Badge
  • Ireland

Posted 09 March 2015 - 17:24

I was looking for the other threads that talk about new gem stats but cant seem to find them so I gave up.

So I was thinking that a nice way to make tourmalines/aquamarines a little more valuable would be to add secondary boosts to them.

For aqua's I thought adding +haste would be in keeping with the gem since it is a "mental ability" gem.

For tourma's I thought adding %reflect damage taken would be interesting since it is a "physical ability" gem  ;)

Alternatively let the thread continue to suggest gem bonus's you would like to see in game.

For me haste or spell haste, melle haste & ranged haste would be awesome.

Reflect % damage or again reflect % melle damage, reflect % ranged damage, reflect % sorcery damage would be epic  :wub:

Dodge gems would also be nice  :D

I cant think of what to add to howlite to make it more interesting and increase its worth so any ideas here pop them in  :P

Gem combinations:

I think it would be awesome to be able to combine two different gems into a single gem at a huge gold cost + fp.

So I could fuse my tourmaline & aquamarine into *insert name here* or I could combine my agate and  topaz into *also insert name here*.

You would only be able to combine gem type with other gem types  -so you wouldn't be able to combine helm/feet only gems with regular armor gems etc.

Also, the gem you produced as a result would never be able to be fused again - once combined that is the end of it.

In order to prevent someone from getting a lot of perfects down the line and combining them to be totally OP you could place a restriction that only 3 combined gems can be equipped at any one time.

Also you can only combine regular gems - you wouldnt be able to combine an onyx and a diamond and then re-combine the resultant gem with an opal.

Edited by JQuan, 09 March 2015 - 17:40.

#2 ZeusIV

ZeusIV

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 586 posts

Posted 09 March 2015 - 17:38

change howlites so they can go in armour or weapons

when in armour they give you more dodge and when in weapons they give you more accuracy

#3 ernzor

ernzor

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,153 posts
  • Badge
  • Australia

Posted 09 March 2015 - 19:18

change howlites so they can go in armour or weapons
when in armour they give you more dodge and when in weapons they give you more accuracy

would buy all the howlites!

Naked pirate will be back!

When lvl 50 is here

#4 Ant

Ant

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 902 posts
  • Badge

Posted 09 March 2015 - 19:38

I do like the idea that we could combine existing, but something is making feel like it would be best just too intoduce a totally new gem drop for each.

I think new gems could improve the uniqueness of ones build just as advertised on Eldevin adverts.

If buff or wave to you in passing, it means hello!
@AntEldevin
##ETradin Buy & Sell Chat

http://webchat.freenode.net

zLz5Qbo.gif

WTB Founder Torch PM me

#5 dragon1234

dragon1234

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,287 posts
  • Badge

Posted 09 March 2015 - 21:07

For accuracy to mean something would mean they have to overhaul how accuracy works over a distance. Currently it seem like accuracy works the same if you are on top of the target or a few yards away. Dodge and accuracy should work in conjunction w/ one another. The farther away you are from the aggressor the lower the chance of accuracy and the higher the chance of dodge. 

A bandage to make it at least a little bit viable would be to attach some crit% to howlite so that it behaves like focus and maybe it will be of some use for fighting WB and other higher level creatures.  

dragon1234 - Ranger - lv 45

NoExercise - Tank - lv 45

DragonStorage - Storage - lv 13

#6 Undjuvion

Undjuvion

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,623 posts
  • Australia

Posted 09 March 2015 - 22:49

I do like the idea that we could combine existing, but something is making feel like it would be best just too intoduce a totally new gem drop for each.

I think new gems could improve the uniqueness of ones build just as advertised on Eldevin adverts.

agree in part, aqua is fine as is, without putting any points in energy and with the right talents you should easily be able to attain over 40 mana a second and thats in combat, over 200 outside combat,

tourma and howlite i feel itd be great to change those, maybe howlite could finally become the haste gem people have wanted, though id max a perfect at 200 or 225 as to not ruin the fun in aquiring the current haste drops and crafted heroics already have stat and dps advantage so no need to just ruin all the current good stuff.

#7 Ood

Ood

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 159 posts

Posted 10 March 2015 - 21:53

Haste gems is a overpowered idea unless perfect bonus is WAY low.

Stats I'd like to see in gems:

Dodge (m/r/s)

% Armor (The ruby analogue for armors)

HP

MP

Adding the above 4 would let all stats be raised by gems, with the exception of haste.

Things I'd like to see change:

Accuracy. Perhaps have accuracy determine critical strength, and have a straight % hit chance based off level only.

Edit: Tourmalines - Not sure how to change these without making overpowered. Currently the maths of them make them useless. (Aquas are fine, in my opinion)

Edited by Ood, 10 March 2015 - 21:56.

#8 Undjuvion

Undjuvion

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,623 posts
  • Australia

Posted 11 March 2015 - 11:35

i dunno if i like the idea of dodge getting used, it makes assassin unique and to a moderate degree even ranger can quite use it depending on gear/talent choices but its a thing u have to wonder if adding to all classes then takes something from one that is of already i think of lesser popularity :)

#9 Falbal

Falbal

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 163 posts

Posted 14 March 2015 - 09:24

If some gems are of lower values than other, isn't it just because their boosts aren't high enough?

I like the idea of getting more movement speed for instance, but 1% per tier is simply too low. I will not waste 300 tokens on a glimmering gem that gives me a lousy 5% improvement that I can hardly feel. Especially not when I get 40% speed from my mount. Furthermore, using a movement speed gem takes up the space where I can use a defense gem instead, and that is much more valuable. Now, if a gem gave me 10% movement speed per tier, and I got 50% from a glimmering one, then I might choose it over a defense gem. I still don't think I would bother with 5% per tier.

I think the lower gems need to have their existing bonuses increased instead of making them better by giving them additional bonuses. It is more of a balance thing.

Edited by Falbal, 14 March 2015 - 09:27.

#10 Majjer

Majjer

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 564 posts
  • Slovakia

Posted 18 March 2015 - 16:42

bonus on tourmalines would have to be multiplied by 10 (aquas by 5) to have usable effect.

(btw, isn't such low value on those gems really a bug?)

/topic/68545-ocd-kicking-in/?p=915752

if dodge bonus gem, then for sure 3 kinds - melee/ranged/spell, same as armor bonus are, but 1/2 of its appropriate percentages

style5,Majjer.png

#11 ernzor

ernzor

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,153 posts
  • Badge
  • Australia

Posted 18 March 2015 - 21:11

If some gems are of lower values than other, isn't it just because their boosts aren't high enough?

I like the idea of getting more movement speed for instance, but 1% per tier is simply too low. I will not waste 300 tokens on a glimmering gem that gives me a lousy 5% improvement that I can hardly feel. Especially not when I get 40% speed from my mount. Furthermore, using a movement speed gem takes up the space where I can use a defense gem instead, and that is much more valuable. Now, if a gem gave me 10% movement speed per tier, and I got 50% from a glimmering one, then I might choose it over a defense gem. I still don't think I would bother with 5% per tier.

I think the lower gems need to have their existing bonuses increased instead of making them better by giving them additional bonuses. It is more of a balance thing.

give zircs a small dodge bonus together with move speed (move speed should increase dodge) would have to be tiny to not be OP though...

Naked pirate will be back!

When lvl 50 is here

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: