Mister Doom's Content

There have been 229 items by Mister Doom (Search limited from 29-March 23)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#979484 It's about time to balance out those overpowered pots in PvP.

Posted by Mister Doom on 13 April 2017 - 15:30 in General Discussion

Yeah, we'd like to see a wide range of thoughts on it :)

A game-wide poll is doomed.

It'd be like asking a den of crack addicts, "Hey, that is quite bad you know, would you mind if we made it a little less potent?" Then deciding what to do about it based on what the junkies replies were... Pointless.

If you (Hoof) think that everything is fine and hunky dory as-is then fine, whatever, don't make a change. IF you see that things have become ridiculous and agree with those of us who can separate ourselves from our uber-pot dependency, then you DON'T NEED the 'permission' of the masses to fix stuff in your game... ¬_¬

#979483 It's about time to balance out those overpowered pots in PvP.

Posted by Mister Doom on 13 April 2017 - 15:26 in General Discussion

There are seven Epic Quest that gives stamina bonuses to new players. I see some new players get to level 150, and then I don't see them playing anymore. Granted I see a handful that are still playing. Up around level 250. They have fallen in love with the game like I have. Only how long have these Persians been in effect? I have had my experience with some higher level composing pots. They have made it easier for leveling which is good for me because I would like to one day get to where EOC is now. I am not sure about the other Buffs like PVP there are a few that I have used. But I know I will not try to clear any Benny's when I click on someone's profile and they have 70 buff applied. I want even look at them to see what or how high they are, if there are not leveling buffs. I am just not going to spend the gold or FSPs trying to get high level pots or Buffs. I'm not even going to use composing Pots to try clearing a bounty. If I see that person already has 60 Buffs cast on them.

Now I have had players cast high level buffs on me to hit and to defend in GvGs. But I've never used high level composing pots to do so. I guess not everyone is lucky enough to have level 60 composers in their guilds.

So I'm not too sure how I feel about PVP buffs. But diminishing leveling Buffs in a game. Where new players are looking at players Over 3200. Then they realize that they can only move so fast after doing the handful of Epic Quest. And not having Buffs that they​ feel would be the only way for them to advance. Such as a few of the Potions from the chest from Events. Well I just don't see why any current leveling Buffs would need to be diminished

Stat affecting buffs, not 'levelling buffs'. Being able to drink a potion and then roflstomp everything in Uber-pot god mode spoils the game.

It is exactly the same as activating cheat mode.

#979475 It's about time to balance out those overpowered pots in PvP.

Posted by Mister Doom on 13 April 2017 - 13:59 in General Discussion

Hoof you need to apply your 'diminishig returns' idea for all stat affecting buffs, everywhere. The super potions have ruined everything, not just pvp...

#979284 It's about time to balance out those overpowered pots in PvP.

Posted by Mister Doom on 08 April 2017 - 17:37 in General Discussion

Nobody is required to use potions, global, donation, composing or AH if you don't want/need to...  :D

The object of the game should 'be' to make yourself as strong and efficient as possible, it is HCS' job to make this a challenge for us.

What you suggest is the inversion of this. That doesn't make for a good game.

#979281 It's about time to balance out those overpowered pots in PvP.

Posted by Mister Doom on 08 April 2017 - 16:09 in General Discussion

The question here is......would you have won NOT using composing or Epic pots? I mean, would you have won using pots that have always been available instead? I'm guessing yes, easily. So, if this is the case, composing pots aren't really helping you win, they just allow you to hit harder ;)

Cheers.

wil72

'Winning' using skill, mathematics and knowledge of the game isn't the same as blindly drinking some potions and then smashing stuff without care.

In this case it is NOT just the winning that counts.

#978779 Legendary Assault!

Posted by Mister Doom on 02 April 2017 - 00:04 in General Discussion

If a Wraith has 537 Att and 37 Def. I have 11k Att and 1800 Def. How in the heck did I just lose my KS to it :( :( :(

Because there is a 2% (ish) chance to ignore your stats.

If you want to be better protected don't 'just' rely on your defence. Make sure your armour beats their damage. (taking into account any enhancements they might have)

#978753 Max Stamina Gain Increase?

Posted by Mister Doom on 01 April 2017 - 18:48 in General Discussion

Seems like you've left out the endurance shrine (guild structure) stam gains and relic bonus.

#978752 It's about time to balance out those overpowered pots in PvP.

Posted by Mister Doom on 01 April 2017 - 18:45 in General Discussion

One buff springs to mind "overkill".

Cheers.

wil72

I'm not sure I'm really understanding what you're getting at there wil? Is it that by reducing the power of potions you think it'll 'hurt' overkill? Or is it that you think overkill will need adjusting too?

While I do agree there are 'some' non stat enhancing potion-form buffs that are also overpowered (anti-deflect for example), I'm not sure I see where the problem lies with overkill? With less overall damage it *should* be harder to proc overkill anyway so higher potion levels 'shouldn't' make a big difference?

#978681 That Friday feeling

Posted by Mister Doom on 31 March 2017 - 13:25 in General Discussion

I remember when legendary events were rare and came out of the blue.

Ahh, those were the days.

#978662 It's about time to balance out those overpowered pots in PvP.

Posted by Mister Doom on 31 March 2017 - 09:22 in General Discussion

I'm not suggesting we do this, but one option for 'overpowered' skills would be to give them a diminishing return. This would allow the potions levels etc. to remain unchanged and ensure that the higher levels are still more powerful, but not crazily powerful if you know what I mean? It would also open up to possibility of even higher level buffs of some skills where it would have made them too powerful previously.

This is purely an example, but something along the lines of this:

Sample Skill: +1 per point to attack up to skill level 250. After 250, +0.1 per point to attack.

Go with this initial idea Hoof, apply it to all stat affecting buffs, for all aspects of the game.

Job done, you hit the nail on the head with your first strike of the hammer.

#978442 It's about time to balance out those overpowered pots in PvP.

Posted by Mister Doom on 26 March 2017 - 10:45 in General Discussion

They are - but for those of us that have devoted the time and effort TO get to Level 60 should get something in return - new buff potions, for instance.

Then, I'm fine with 'em being nuked across the board ..

Of course, new 'well balanced' composing only potions could be introduced to compensate.

Because players have worked hard to level up composing though, doesn't translate that overpowered stuff should remain. That is equal to saying, "Put enough effort in and it is okay to break the game." Which is a little silly, don't you think?

#978439 It's about time to balance out those overpowered pots in PvP.

Posted by Mister Doom on 26 March 2017 - 09:36 in General Discussion

Well, they ARE massively overpowered Pardoux, so I guess that leaves only the one option then...

#978411 It's about time to balance out those overpowered pots in PvP.

Posted by Mister Doom on 25 March 2017 - 05:36 in General Discussion

You know, getting aggressive and disrespectful to fellow players is not putting forward the best opportunity to motivate Hoof into implementing his proposed change. I suggest people just calm down and stop trying to go after each other. It's not helping.

#978344 A quick and easy overview of Daily Quests

Posted by Mister Doom on 24 March 2017 - 06:59 in General Discussion

Maybe it could be pinned in the 'Game Help' section?

I don't mean to sound harsh but this isn't really deserving of a permanent spot on the general discussion tab to be honest.

Even better, link to it in the http://www.fallenswo....php?cmd=guidessection. That way it doesn't even need to be pinned at all. More up to date forum threads can be displayed on page one, and people will always be able to find this thread anyway. Win win.

#978334 It's about time to balance out those overpowered pots in PvP.

Posted by Mister Doom on 24 March 2017 - 02:10 in General Discussion

Its not just about composing.

Composing potions aren't even with the worst offenders in this overpowered potion tragedy, they are just the most easily accessible.

#978168 This Nonsense again...

Posted by Mister Doom on 21 March 2017 - 23:54 in General Discussion

Been looking at it with Zorg and we may have found the issue - we'll be taking look tomorrow to see what we can do to resolve it for good :)

Sweet. Let Zorg do the actual fixing though Hoof. I could do with a free stam refill... lol

#978114 It's about time to balance out those overpowered pots in PvP.

Posted by Mister Doom on 21 March 2017 - 14:41 in General Discussion

I'm not suggesting we do this, but one option for 'overpowered' skills would be to give them a diminishing return. This would allow the potions levels etc. to remain unchanged and ensure that the higher levels are still more powerful, but not crazily powerful if you know what I mean? It would also open up to possibility of even higher level buffs of some skills where it would have made them too powerful previously.

This is purely an example, but something along the lines of this:

Sample Skill: +1 per point to attack up to skill level 250. After 250, +0.1 per point to attack.

This is good, I like it.

#978075 It's about time to balance out those overpowered pots in PvP.

Posted by Mister Doom on 21 March 2017 - 00:52 in General Discussion

Specific examples would be good - what specific levels do you feel the buffs are overpowered and why? Just trying to find out more info :)

EW1500 is obscenely powerful

SH and KE  are buffs that in their castable form are already overpowered, when you can get potion form versions that are 400 and even 500+ then it begins to become ridiculous. The same goes for the CoA and CoD buffs.

My problem with this 'uber' buffs goes beyond their use in pvp, it comes down to the fundamental watering down of the game mechanics themselves. When you can mindlessly drink a few of this grossly overpowered potions and then blindly roflstomp anything and everything that comes your way, then you have lost some of the magic that used to make the game a good game.

We no longer need to work things out, taking the mathematics out of a maths based game is just illogical.

The OP had it right though, quite a lot of us have become so hopelessly dependant on our own private win buttons (make no mistake, that is precisely what these are, unless you are completely incompetent) that they will fight tooth and nail to keep them, and have come up with all kinds of justifications as to why it is okay to water the game down.

When I initially saw this thread I simply smiled to myself and thought, "I agree wholeheartedly, but nothing is going to change." Then I saw that you yourself had spoken up here and I thought, "What the hell, maybe it's not pointless after all."

So in essence my problem with these buffs, is that they make everything too easy and take away our need to think.

#978055 It's about time to balance out those overpowered pots in PvP.

Posted by Mister Doom on 20 March 2017 - 21:19 in General Discussion

Is there specific buffs you feel are overpowered at high levels? Could you give me some examples?

Enchant Weapon, Keen Edge, Dark Curse, Coordinated Attack/Defense and Smashing Hammer are the primary offenders but the other stat modifiers suffer from the effects of the uber potions almost as bad.

#977585 The Hunted Cow epics.

Posted by Mister Doom on 05 March 2017 - 07:09 in General Discussion

Seems like people don't get the concept of 'Epic' any more.

I'm not interested in pushing it though, was simply something that came to me when I was looking around.

#977578 The Hunted Cow epics.

Posted by Mister Doom on 04 March 2017 - 22:49 in General Discussion

I think doing that might further drive the prices of the lower level HC Epics to unreachable points for anyone who is actually reasonably close to the items level.

Sure, but then again if they want one they could hunt one themselves instead of buying. The titan has an increased spawn rate compared to other titans. Letting these epics have prestige and a respectable price tag isn't inherently bad. It's how all epics used to be...

#977571 The Hunted Cow epics.

Posted by Mister Doom on 04 March 2017 - 10:50 in General Discussion

Now I know that HCS, Biggrim in particular has stated many times that there will never be an epic set. That is not what my suggestion is for, well not really.

I was looking at the auction house earlier at some of the items and while I'm happy that some are available for lower levels, it does mean that anyone high enough to wear ALL of the Hunted Cow epics will be hampering themselves with inferior items. (stam/xp gain wise)

Would it be possible to create a unique set bonus for these items, that gives no battle stats, only stam/xp gain increases and also does not enable SH/CoA/CoD etc. (although the buff would be virtually useless to use on them anyway)

Now, failing that as I can already sense the, "We've said multiple times there will never be an epic set!" statement incoming...

How about a new enhancement that adds the stam/xp gain but only works at certain intervals?

So each item could give 12% to this new enhancement with bonuses coming in at 24% and every 12% after?

I realise this seems like a lot of work for just a little extra stam/xp gain but in my mind these new HCS epics should be, well, you shouldn't have to take a hit in your stam/xp gains to wear them.

#977385 iggy on forums ?

Posted by Mister Doom on 03 March 2017 - 01:35 in General Discussion

Yep, I've had a few people ignored/blocked on here for years.

It's not 100% though, you still get a little bit of text, basically telling you that there's a post missing and it's from someone you've blocked.

Just follow the instructions wazzimoto wrote. It's fairly straight-forward.

#977292 The need for gold

Posted by Mister Doom on 01 March 2017 - 23:51 in General Discussion

One shouldn't quote out of context, bad form.

#977262 The need for gold

Posted by Mister Doom on 01 March 2017 - 09:19 in General Discussion

That is precisely Urck's point, Doom. Having spent all that money/effort getting a large stam bank, Urck gets to EOC and finds that the game mechanics negates the point of him having upgraded his stam bank ("not profitable" in Urck's words).

I guess you may have been restating his point, but it sure reads like the opposite.

Yeah I intended to simply restate but I got carried away. Obviously I agree with UrcK here.

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: