86 replies to this topic

#81 yotwehc

yotwehc

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,942 posts

Posted 17 December 2016 - 18:40

Who knew Row was a "wall of texter?" I tend to agree with Egami on this... The DQ's should work to the advantage of the smaller players. Good for them that they can progress towards the DQ while doing their daily hunts... They miss out on a lot of other DQ's due to the amount of stam they are limited too as well as their reach. Many of the EOC DQ'rs who've complained incessantly about how worthless they are have not missed a single one being some of the first to medal. It's a give and take, you win some, you lose some.

For me personally, it has me getting a bit creative to try to get the most value... Kill 225 reptiles? Couple titans are reptiles so pickup some tkp while completing the DQ. Invent quests? Been inventing goodies and selling them... also increasing my stash of frags. Tile walking? search for treasure chests (so far 0 :( ) or chase titans or search for SE's while doing it. The only one I tend to skip is the pvp one as I only hit pvp players and not many at my level :(

#82 rowbeth

rowbeth

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,108 posts

Posted 17 December 2016 - 21:26

Who knew Row was a "wall of texter?"

I didn't!

#83 rowbeth

rowbeth

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,108 posts

Posted 18 February 2017 - 00:54

Daily Quest

[ Common ]
Break down 240 items
0 / 240
Gain +290 Current Stamina

I've had a few of these lately, and I still think they need a major rebalance (noting again that breaking down items was a 2nd-wave DQ, and so did not benefit from the rebalance the 1st wave got)

Even with FI1000 and AM500 hunting an instant-respawning elite, it would take 800 stamina to complete this. With anything less than AM500 you'd be walking too much on the elite, and would probably be better of killing 1200 champs or 1600 normal critters.

The cost/benefit ratio for breakdown quests really is way higher than for any of the other DQs---and far to high to make break-down quests worth doing.

And for those who say you can just pick this up during your hunt: firstly, you are clearly below level 1600 (normal critters stop dropping about this point); and secondly, if you are hunting daily then you probably (with a few exceptions) don't have many upgrades for your character, and so probably don't get enough stamina each day to find and then kill 1600 normal creatures.

Edited by rowbeth, 18 February 2017 - 00:56.

#84 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,130 posts
  • Australia

Posted 18 February 2017 - 05:20

Daily Quest

[ Common ]
Break down 240 items
0 / 240
Gain +290 Current Stamina

I've had a few of these lately, and I still think they need a major rebalance (noting again that breaking down items was a 2nd-wave DQ, and so did not benefit from the rebalance the 1st wave got)

Even with FI1000 and AM500 hunting an instant-respawning elite, it would take 800 stamina to complete this. With anything less than AM500 you'd be walking too much on the elite, and would probably be better of killing 1200 champs or 1600 normal critters.

The cost/benefit ratio for breakdown quests really is way higher than for any of the other DQs---and far to high to make break-down quests worth doing.

And for those who say you can just pick this up during your hunt: firstly, you are clearly below level 1600 (normal critters stop dropping about this point); and secondly, if you are hunting daily then you probably (with a few exceptions) don't have many upgrades for your character, and so probably don't get enough stamina each day to find and then kill 1600 normal creatures.

I'm confused ? - you've referenced a "break down X items" DQ, but then go on to mention farming elites ? - it can be anything. For those, I go on a rampage on the mountain path.

Plus, it's been stated several times that not all DQ's give a "Net Positive" outcome ;)

Homer : Marge, don't discourage the boy. Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals .. except the weasel.

Eddie Izzard : The National Rifle Association say that guns don't kill people, people do. But I think the gun helps, you know ? I think it helps. I think just standing there going "BANG" - that's not going to kill too many people, is it ?

I don't mean to sound pessimistic, but it seems that everything I eat lately turns to poo ...

#85 rowbeth

rowbeth

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,108 posts

Posted 18 February 2017 - 08:07

Pardoux

The drop rate is 15% for elites, 10% for champs and 7.5% for normals; those rates double with FI1000. So the cheapest (by stam) option for a breakdown quest is to sit on an instant-respawn elite with AM500. Anything else will cost more. So my farming elites figure is the best case scenario, and even it costs 800 stam (+ transport + buffs) to earn 290 stam. Any other strategy will make this worse. (Or please teach me if you have found another way).

As for what has "been stated several times":

* the Cows do have a history of recognising their mistakes

* the Cows also have a history of changing their minds in response to feedback

* the Cows have also agreed that the cost/reward rates of the second wave of DQs (breakdown & compose) still need to be reconsidered in response to feedback once people try to grapple with them in the same way as the first wave (everything else) was rebalanced for cost/benefit.

The reality is that every other DQ leads to a net positive (often small) when done the right way. My experience is that breakdown DQs always lead to a large cost.

PS that 800 stam drops to 675 stam if you use FI1150, AM500, Reckoning 192 and have no other buffs running---still a very large cost for small return

#86 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,130 posts
  • Australia

Posted 18 February 2017 - 10:05

Pardoux

The drop rate is 15% for elites, 10% for champs and 7.5% for normals; those rates double with FI1000. So the cheapest (by stam) option for a breakdown quest is to sit on an instant-respawn elite with AM500. Anything else will cost more. So my farming elites figure is the best case scenario, and even it costs 800 stam (+ transport + buffs) to earn 290 stam. Any other strategy will make this worse. (Or please teach me if you have found another way).

As for what has "been stated several times":

* the Cows do have a history of recognising their mistakes

* the Cows also have a history of changing their minds in response to feedback

* the Cows have also agreed that the cost/reward rates of the second wave of DQs (breakdown & compose) still need to be reconsidered in response to feedback once people try to grapple with them in the same way as the first wave (everything else) was rebalanced for cost/benefit.

The reality is that every other DQ leads to a net positive (often small) when done the right way. My experience is that breakdown DQs always lead to a large cost.

PS that 800 stam drops to 675 stam if you use FI1150, AM500, Reckoning 192 and have no other buffs running---still a very large cost for small return

I'd not checked the drop rates for each specific type of critter so stand / sit corrected.

I also agree that the cows have said things won't change and then they do - sometimes I wish they'd stick to their guns

That said, we all have the CHOICE to do a DQ - it doesn't have to give a net positive result. Personally, as far as I am aware, I've done every single DQ thus far - and, opportunity allowing, will continue to do so regardless of whether I end up "ahead", "neutral" or "behind" as a result of such ...

Homer : Marge, don't discourage the boy. Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals .. except the weasel.

Eddie Izzard : The National Rifle Association say that guns don't kill people, people do. But I think the gun helps, you know ? I think it helps. I think just standing there going "BANG" - that's not going to kill too many people, is it ?

I don't mean to sound pessimistic, but it seems that everything I eat lately turns to poo ...

#87 rowbeth

rowbeth

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,108 posts

Posted 18 February 2017 - 11:38

That said, we all have the CHOICE to do a DQ

Agreed, and only the COWS have stats on how many people do how many of which type of DQ.

I think the game is better off with more people choosing to do more DQs, so from time to time I will keep pointing out that break-down DQs are a BIG outlier for participation discouragement.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: