• Please log in to reply
48 replies to this topic

#41 eagleeyezz

eagleeyezz

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 246 posts

Posted 10 February 2017 - 11:49

Just had a thought, i know its not a good idea to create a buff that helps finds chests, but what about a buff (i would suggest a potion) that when you have footprints on if you pass a chest the colour of that circle will be different from the standard orange footprint same for SE's the colour of that circle will say turn purple.

couple reasons, i many time when hunting will get my required kills to gain the level then just auto walk to the next realm. also when i seach for se's or chests the amount of time ive had to double back to a square because the action list is slower to load that what im walking.

anyways just a suggestion.

#42 cucullainn

cucullainn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,464 posts

Posted 17 February 2017 - 17:47

I've seen a few people this morning in global asking about such absurd things. I really don't understand why people would need the Chest to be easier to find than they are? Someone was in there saying they've only found their first five and that it was easy but in the last several months they haven't found any. I've only ever bought two, and it's taken me years before I got my Bronze. Can anyone say

[attachment=4841:images.jpg]

#43 yotwehc

yotwehc

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,942 posts

Posted 17 February 2017 - 19:59

I've seen a few people this morning in global asking about such absurd things. I really don't understand why people would need the Chest to be easier to find than they are? Someone was in there saying they've only found their first five and that it was easy but in the last several months they haven't found any. I've only ever bought two, and it's taken me years before I got my Bronze. Can anyone say

images.jpg

I guess you haven't searched for chests recently. I always search when I get the walk tiles DQ and it is painful. Take a step. Wait for action list to refresh. Take another step, repeat. If there was no lag on the action list, sure, keep it the way it is. Otherwise why not have a buff that stops you when you walk across a chest? Will use the same amount of stam but waste considerable less time. :/

#44 gilby90813

gilby90813

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 434 posts

Posted 17 February 2017 - 21:16

I guess you haven't searched for chests recently. I always search when I get the walk tiles DQ and it is painful. Take a step. Wait for action list to refresh. Take another step, repeat. If there was no lag on the action list, sure, keep it the way it is. Otherwise why not have a buff that stops you when you walk across a chest? Will use the same amount of stam but waste considerable less time. :/

I like that idea

#45 BadPenny

BadPenny

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,279 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 19 February 2017 - 17:56

I'm on a mobile device with a slowed 4g connection (data limit exceeded).  I do not have action list lag.   Must be local to you guys.

Just one old lady's opinion

krQtqDH.jpg

~Love, Penny

Have you hugged your Quango lately?

#46 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,129 posts
  • Australia

Posted 10 April 2017 - 06:05

i think that at the very least hcs could make the chest icon pop - as it is its dull and not extremely noticeble - maybe make it bright red or something like how se's are purple 

I could see this being something we could do but other than that, Chest Hunting is just fine as it is.

~ Grim

Didn't Hoof say he'd do this way back when ?

Edited by Pardoux, 10 April 2017 - 06:05.

Homer : Marge, don't discourage the boy. Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals .. except the weasel.

Eddie Izzard : The National Rifle Association say that guns don't kill people, people do. But I think the gun helps, you know ? I think it helps. I think just standing there going "BANG" - that's not going to kill too many people, is it ?

I don't mean to sound pessimistic, but it seems that everything I eat lately turns to poo ...

#47 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,805 posts
  • Badge

Posted 10 April 2017 - 11:30

Not to my knowledge but we'll look into it. Seems like a reasonable change to me.

~ Grim

#48 Qloak

Qloak

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 10 April 2017 - 19:50

Found my first chest, appeared above all creatures, i had some nice adrenaline kick, love that they are rare and when you finally get one you feel you achived something, atleast I did, now the pot turned out crap, but I dont really mind, it was a nice experience.

#49 duktayp

duktayp

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,386 posts

Posted 10 April 2017 - 23:41

Found my first chest, appeared above all creatures, i had some nice adrenaline kick, love that they are rare and when you finally get one you feel you achived something, atleast I did, now the pot turned out crap, but I dont really mind, it was a nice experience.

the force is strong in this one. i especially like the passive/aggressive tone as to the value of finding a chest

Edited by duktayp, 10 April 2017 - 23:52.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: