BIGGEST NOOB ACCOMPLISHMENTS

• Please log in to reply
280 replies to this topic

Poll: Which do you think is the biggest Noob Mistake? (169 member(s) have cast votes)

Which do you think is the biggest Noob Mistake?

1. Voted Ecofrog #1 (44 votes [15.38%])

Percentage of vote: 15.38%

2. Voted Ecofrog #2 (78 votes [27.27%])

Percentage of vote: 27.27%

3. Voted Ecofrog #3 (90 votes [31.47%])

Percentage of vote: 31.47%

4. Voted I am a bigger Noob, check out what i did! (74 votes [25.87%])

Percentage of vote: 25.87%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#41 fs_deciever11

fs_deciever11
  • Guests

Posted 20 August 2008 - 23:08

spelling your own username wrong could be on the top of the list :D

lol well the switching of the 2 letters ie and ei is probably a common mistake in english

just always remember this i never really paid attention to the teachers but now wen your are in doubt

i before e except after c

#42 fs_thristle

fs_thristle
  • Guests

Posted 20 August 2008 - 23:12

lol well the switching of the 2 letters ie and ei is probably a common mistake in english

just always remember this i never really paid attention to the teachers but now wen your are in doubt

yet, there are many exceptions to that rule, anyway.....

The rule only applies to digraphs, so words like "deity" and "science" don't count.
The rule "i before e except after c" should be extended to include "except when said 'ay' as in 'neighbor' and 'weigh'".
The rule only applies to digraphs that have the /i:/ ('ee') pronunciation, as in 'piece'. (Note the conflict between this and the previous item.)
The rule doesn't apply to words that are recent imports from foreign languages, such as "gneiss", "dreidel", and "enceinte".
The rule doesn't apply to the large number of plurals of words ending in "cy" ("fallacies", "frequencies", "vacancies", ... ) because in the UK – in traditional RP – "cies" is pronounced with the "i" of "pin", even though it is pronounced with the "ee" of "feed" by most World-English speakers and by younger UK speakers

btw.....

i before e
except after c
or when sounding like "a"
as in neighbor or weigh

#43 fs_deciever11

fs_deciever11
  • Guests

Posted 20 August 2008 - 23:20

wow just wow u actually looked it up wow

woww

#44 fs_thristle

fs_thristle
  • Guests

Posted 20 August 2008 - 23:22

wow just wow u actually looked it up wow

woww

well, i don't want you to phale at a spelling bee....you don't want that nao, do you? :wink:

#45 fs_deciever11

fs_deciever11
  • Guests

Posted 20 August 2008 - 23:34

personally i dont care english is not my strong point math and science are which is all you need.. back on topic now if u want to contact me send me a message in the FORUMS not in game

#46 fs_oaster

fs_oaster
  • Guests

Posted 21 August 2008 - 06:14

sold 84 fsp on my player profile for 50k ea lol , left them over night , stolen by a pvper XD

#47 Dark Archon

Dark Archon

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,346 posts

Posted 21 August 2008 - 06:18

The rule only applies to digraphs, so words like "deity" and "science" don't count.
The rule "i before e except after c" should be extended to include "except when said 'ay' as in 'neighbor' and 'weigh'".
The rule only applies to digraphs that have the /i:/ ('ee') pronunciation, as in 'piece'. (Note the conflict between this and the previous item.)
The rule doesn't apply to words that are recent imports from foreign languages, such as "gneiss", "dreidel", and "enceinte".
The rule doesn't apply to the large number of plurals of words ending in "cy" ("fallacies", "frequencies", "vacancies", ... ) because in the UK – in traditional RP – "cies" is pronounced with the "i" of "pin", even though it is pronounced with the "ee" of "feed" by most World-English speakers and by younger UK speakers

btw.....

i before e
except after c

as in neighbor or weigh

I don't even remember what teh topic was about, Thristle but...

That post you just made... that post... this post I am quoting... it is all...

EPIC LAME...

Oh hey guess what E is before the damn I go figure... and there is a C in there :P

#48 fs_thristle

fs_thristle
  • Guests

Posted 21 August 2008 - 16:11

btw.....

i before e
except after c

as in neighbor or weigh

EPIC LAME...

Oh hey guess what E is before the damn I go figure... and there is a C in there :P

omg, post whore alert!

Posted Image

#49 fs_deemer

fs_deemer
  • Guests

Posted 21 August 2008 - 16:20

btw.....

i before e
except after c

as in neighbor or weigh

EPIC LAME...

omg, post whore alert!

Posted Image

why are you warning everybody about yourself? :?

#50 fs_conquerer7

fs_conquerer7
  • Guests

Posted 21 August 2008 - 16:20

Thristle, that rule is just weird.

#51 fs_deciever11

fs_deciever11
  • Guests

Posted 21 August 2008 - 16:43

accomplishment #2

20/Aug/2008

i made Thristle admit he/she was a noob.. couldnt find where its in the forums some where we played who wants to be a millionaire

#52 fs_thristle

fs_thristle
  • Guests

Posted 21 August 2008 - 16:45

accomplishment #2

20/Aug/2008

i made Thristle admit he/she was a noob.. couldnt find where its in the forums some where we played who wants to be a millionaire

congratulations, your 50 year hard work of stalking and interrogation has brought you the fame of knowing that i am a n00b....

everyone knows that already....:P

#53 fs_deciever11

fs_deciever11
  • Guests

Posted 21 August 2008 - 16:55

accomplishment #2

20/Aug/2008

congratulations, your 50 year hard work of stalking and interrogation has brought you the fame of knowing that i am a n00b....

everyone knows that already....:P

huh 50 years?? im know where close to 50 years old

#54 fs_deciever11

fs_deciever11
  • Guests

Posted 21 August 2008 - 16:55

i think after a few more weeks we should start a new thread in general/feedback and vote for the noobiest accomplishment :)

#55 fs_ecofrog

fs_ecofrog
  • Guests

Posted 21 August 2008 - 17:47

i have a noob accomplishment..

i spelled my char name wrong

it is deciever11

when the correct spelling is

deceiver11

i found out after i went to play the day after i made my account i couldnt log in

that is the best!

#56 fs_ecofrog

fs_ecofrog
  • Guests

Posted 21 August 2008 - 17:51

What are "digraphs" exactly? I suffered through "whole language learning" so i have no idea....

#57 fs_thristle

fs_thristle
  • Guests

Posted 21 August 2008 - 18:01

What are "digraphs" exactly? I suffered through "whole language learning" so i have no idea....

A digraph, bigraph, or digram is a pair of characters used to write one phoneme (distinct sound) or a sequence of phonemes that does not correspond to the normal values of the two characters combined. The sound is often, but not necessarily, one which cannot be expressed using a single character in the orthography used by the language. Usually, the term "digraph" is reserved for graphemes whose pronunciation is always or nearly always the same.

vowel digraphs: http://www.phonicswo...weldigraph.html
consonant digraphs: http://www.tamparead... ... dex-di.htm

at least, i think so! o.O

#58 acvila

acvila

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,102 posts

Posted 21 August 2008 - 20:09

i remember when i was level 15, i was playing with my friend FS and didn't gave that much important to the game, specialy to the news. i was in the map where Frost Dragon respawns, the prices for the items where HUGE. i said ti him : mate, i am bored leveling, so i will search the map untill i pass that creature and kill it and get a drop to sell it for huge FSP. this was after 1 week ( i think ) since the event ended. i found out about the creature on the guide, my friend told me about the guide

#59 fs_deciever11

fs_deciever11
  • Guests

Posted 21 August 2008 - 23:56

woot i have biggest noob accomplishment?

#60 fs_thristle

fs_thristle
  • Guests

Posted 22 August 2008 - 02:13

can no one quote properly? :shock:

that's gotta be the biggest n00b accomplishment ever... :roll:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt