#1 Spitfire666123

Spitfire666123

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,096 posts
  • Badge

Posted 29 March 2013 - 20:53

I am fighting Lv 8 Sewer Slugs in Lv 2 Sewers, and noticing their attacks aren't doing any damage if I kill them between the time they spit, and when the spit actually hits me. 

From my understanding on coding, the attack isnt actually being made until the spit hits me, and if there's no monster to do so, nothing happens.

It would be make more sense if the attack was finalized internally when the spit occurs, and damage dealt 'distance/speed' seconds later, regardless if the attacking creature is alive or dead. This would prevent any unneeded animations :)

I make this suggestion for EVERY ranged/magic monster in the game, assuming they all work like this 

#2 Spitfire666123

Spitfire666123

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,096 posts
  • Badge

Posted 30 March 2013 - 00:28

bump

#3 voncruxz

voncruxz

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 41 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 00:34

If the projectile has been fired and hits, I agree that is should do damage no matter the state of the creature or player who made the attack. So definetly something I think should be implemented if possible, if this is the way things are on all creatures.

#4 Mongo

Mongo

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,879 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 30 March 2013 - 00:34

Yeah that does seem weird, if the slug has already spat at you, it should still deal damage! even if you squished it in the meantime  :D

Visit my shop! Mongo's Emporium for emotes, pets, vanity and more!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: