9 replies to this topic

#1 gapukas

gapukas

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 232 posts
  • Badge

Posted 17 July 2019 - 05:37

My idea would be to add quest voice over narrating - i know it would be a mega massive project but it would make questing a lot more interesting and appealing making every quest impossible to avoid, giving the game so so much more.

Even if you do it small bits at a time - when new new players see that, theyll get hooked instantly. Personally i love games that have voiceover narrating and its addicting.

Edited by gapukas, 17 July 2019 - 07:20.

#2 BadPenny

BadPenny

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,279 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 17 July 2019 - 16:20

My idea would be to add quest voice over narrating - i know it would be a mega massive project but it would make questing a lot more interesting and appealing making every quest impossible to avoid, giving the game so so much more.

Even if you do it small bits at a time - when new new players see that, theyll get hooked instantly. Personally i love games that have voiceover narrating and its addicting.

Although this might be nice for some, especially for olderly eyes when on mobile, I imagine this would get the same response as in-game music.....  Things may change one the app is completed, idk. 

My personal 2 cents:

On most games that I do play, I find the music and sound FX annoying and mute them asap.  Games that don't allow access to settings until the completion of a long tutorial are quickly deleted (if an app or on Steam) or never revisited if on a browser.  

Edited by BadPenny, 17 July 2019 - 16:21.

Just one old lady's opinion

krQtqDH.jpg

~Love, Penny

Have you hugged your Quango lately?

#3 duktayp

duktayp

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,386 posts

Posted 18 July 2019 - 00:17

i say we hire Morgan Freeman to voice over our adventures

march_of_the_penguins_morgan_freeman_pho

#4 BadPenny

BadPenny

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,279 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 18 July 2019 - 01:03

i say we hire Morgan Freeman to voice over our adventures

march_of_the_penguins_morgan_freeman_pho

Or this guy:

Just one old lady's opinion

krQtqDH.jpg

~Love, Penny

Have you hugged your Quango lately?

#5 duktayp

duktayp

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,386 posts

Posted 18 July 2019 - 01:53

Morgan Freeman narrating while i make my way through the  Karthak quests:

Edited by duktayp, 18 July 2019 - 01:56.

#6 gapukas

gapukas

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 232 posts
  • Badge

Posted 18 July 2019 - 04:43

To be honest, there are tons of people offering cheap narratings online with different voices. and ofcourse you should have an option to turn it on and off from the start. For me personally would be more engaging and more comfortable hearing it instead of kissing my eyes and reading long texts.

#7 yotekiller

yotekiller

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,542 posts

Posted 18 July 2019 - 10:15

Maybe you could adjust your PC settings to sight impaired and use that to read to you. Could be quite entertaining listening to an automated voice pronounce all the weird words in FS. As for integrating voice overs into the game, I say no way. The devs will never finish the list of things to do they already have, adding such a monumental task would be impossible.

Screenshot everything!

#8 gapukas

gapukas

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 232 posts
  • Badge

Posted 18 July 2019 - 12:35

Maybe you could adjust your PC settings to sight impaired and use that to read to you. Could be quite entertaining listening to an automated voice pronounce all the weird words in FS. As for integrating voice overs into the game, I say no way. The devs will never finish the list of things to do they already have, adding such a monumental task would be impossible.

Take in example a game: Thea:The awakening, they pulled it off so good. I agree that they still have a lot of stuff to do, it all depends if they just want to keep milking the game till its dead or want to evolve/make it better. I personally would even donate more if i knew we'd get this feature. The thing isnt about my eyesight - its perfect, its about the massive number of quests that there are and after reading them for a while you just start skipping the reading part and just taking a look at what you have to do. To be honest i didnt even have any idea of any story in fallensword untill i red it myself till my eyes couldnt take any more - because it was so well written, extremely detailed but thats too much text for typhical quests in games - we arent used to a decent storyline.

To HCS: This game is so unique and special, lets make it even more than that.

Edited by gapukas, 18 July 2019 - 12:46.

#9 duktayp

duktayp

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,386 posts

Posted 23 July 2019 - 03:33

#10 gapukas

gapukas

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 232 posts