"The Gothadors Of Our Lives" The Soap To End All

• Please log in to reply
107 replies to this topic

#1 gothador_burtonx

gothador_burtonx
  • Guests

Posted 04 April 2005 - 01:13

A little RP Idea we were tossing around in chat earlier...

Cast of characters----
Myself- The local bar owner, orphaned as a child, in search of his mother with a collection of interesting hats and a vast inherited fortune.
Doc- The Evil Plastic Surgeon, a charmer with the ladies, and a closest full of designer jackets.
maeger- The town's temptress, always dressed to attract, the target of cheaters.
Nadat- The town's ex-con, convicted of arson on several occasions, at least the one's she was linked to.
Maxie- The token wayward teen, suspected in the murders of several summons.
zarathustra- The amnesiac, who is being hyponotized against her will by her love hoof to assassinate Doc.
DarkRose- The sole heiress of the Mortis Demos Crime Syndicate, nothing in town happens without her knowledge.
Musicaltiger- The Madam of the burlesque house, her highly skilled employees and legions of customers have made her one of the town's most powerful women.
Sephidroth- Mysterious drifter/loner that wandered into town, at around the same time people started to disappear ....
KathyRogue- The corrupt town judge, rumored to be on the Mortis Demos payroll for quite sometime.
mtk1701- The slick defense attorney, clad in the finest suits money can buy, also rumored to be on the MDCS payroll.
tshedevil- The new face in town, living in luxury in the mansion on the hill. Nobody knows where her fortune originated.
insatiable- The town player, always on the prowl, the most confusing day of the year for him is Father's Day.
Persephone- A medical student by day, at night she leads a secretive page of her life, working at a burlesque house.
Mideon69- The rough and tumble bouncer at the burlesque house, the kind of guy who thumps first and asks questions later.
Opius- The head waitress at the bar, often rumored to be sleeping with her boss for career advances.
morbidprogeny- The crooked town sheriff who lets women do...questionable things to get out of infractions.
Barbarian25- The best in the business when it comes to a hired hit, nicknamed "The Reaper" nobody has ever seen his face before.
Nightwing- A battle scarred solider, away from his home for years, returning from a great war.
Serynity- The town gossip, she always knows just whats going on and will tell anyone, if the price is right.
darkraven- The alcoholic lounge singer, always falling for the wrong men.
ToneBoogie- The Mayor of Gothador, living an extremely lavish lifestyle for a small town politician..
---------------------------Simple Rules To Follow-------------------------------
-If you plan on using another character in your post please talk to them prior to it and get their approval. If you're just going to nod or wave at them or a simple action such as that, talking is not really necessary. For full conversations, it is, after all, each person controls their own character and has a way they act towards others, etc.

-If you'd like to join in our little RP here, please get in contact with myself. I have no problem bringing in new characters to the mix at all :)

-Changes in time like going from night to day, or day to night, must be preapproved. After all, some of us like to do our posts in advance and an unscheduled change could throw their submissions way off so please check with us to make sure you won't be effecting anyone else.

Well, those are the rules for now, more may be added as new problems come up and whatnot :P

**All OOC Posts are going to be pulled from this thread. If you want to be added to the cast list, please PM Burt. He's in charge of the casting call. If you want to discuss this thread OOC, please use a seperate thread or visit in IRC. =) :: Rose**

**If you would like to make an OOC comment/compliment on this thread, please do so here: http://forum.gothado...opic.php?t=9823 **

#2 gothador_burtonx

gothador_burtonx
  • Guests

Posted 04 April 2005 - 01:15

Doors are open for business, polishing off a few glasses while Opius sets up some of the tables...little do I know what is going to happen on this night...

#3 gothador_persephone

gothador_persephone
  • Guests

Posted 04 April 2005 - 02:22

Rain pounded the steaming pavement and drenched Persephone as she ran to a waiting cab, her arms laden with charts and books. She had a mere 20 minutes to get across town to work before her shift started and she still had to undergo her 'transformation' before she started. A small smile lit up her features for a moment at the thought of being able to see her beloved, yet forbidden Mideon. It was thought of him that kept her from losing her sanity during her hectic days and crazy nights. Medical school was hard enough, but her night job usually left her weary to the bone.

Thankfully, she had chosen the cab with an insane driver and he managed to get her to work with ten minutes to spare. She dashed inside the club and ran to her dressing room, trying to avoid meeting the eye of her buxom boss, glaring from behind the bar. She dropped her things on the floor in the corner and immediately peeled off her wet clothes and began toweling off, looking through her rack of costumes to decide who she wanted to be tonight. She decided to go with the schoolgirl costume tonight since she was getting short on cash and this one always seemed to bring it in. She could never understand the obsession men had with schoolgirls, but she didn't ask questions when they were the ones paying her bills.

She began pulling on her white, thigh-high stockings when the door behind her creaked on its hinges and opened slowly. She turned to see who it was and felt her heart soar when she saw Mideon, the club's bouncer, sneaking in quietly. She quickly finished with her stockings and ran to him, throwing her arms around his neck and kissing him hello. In a hushed whisper, she told him how much she'd missed him and how glad she was to see him.

"You're a brave man babe. If Madame Musicaltiger catches you, you're out of a job. Though...you won't hear me complaining about getting some time alone with you.....

#4 gothador_nadat

gothador_nadat
  • Guests

Posted 04 April 2005 - 04:11

She stalked into the bar, black boots slamming the floor with each step. Nadat had to admit disappointment in her entry, though, because the doors didn’t fly open like she’d hoped, nor did they crash close. Stupid doors. They slammed whenever you tried to sneak in, and closed like wusses when you wanted drama.

Amazingly the walk to the bar was not accompanied by any trips or falls. So far this was going all right. “Anything,â€

#5 gothador_sephidroth

gothador_sephidroth
  • Guests

Posted 04 April 2005 - 04:30

Long rays from the setting sun painted the sign above the bar in golden colors as they stabbed though the clouds left over from the rainstorm that had just passed. "Mad Hatters" it read as the stranger looked up at it, then glanced down at the note he held in his hand. Pulling his dark trenchcoat close around him, he put the note back into his pocket and pushed open the door, taking a careful look around the room as he stepped inside. A young woman with a tough tom-boy look sat at the bar, flicking a lighter open and closed as she sipped at her drink, and the barkeep stood farther down the bar, wiping a glass clean. Meeting the barkeep's eyes briefly, he let his trenchcoat hang open slightly, and the barkeep quickly went back to studying the glass he was holding upon noticing the handle of the Colt revolver. Proceeding to a table in the corner of the room, he was careful to choose a chair where he could place his back to the wall, and have a good view of both the front door and the back door to the kitchen at the same time.

#6 poobumrun

poobumrun
  • Guests

Posted 04 April 2005 - 04:30

Smiling at the love of his life, which had to be kept a secret due to Madame Tiger... He returns the kiss with passion then leaves the room to see who he could throw out tonight.

Curiously he waits for sounds or any odd facial expressions from his love at the letter he had slipped her while she had been hugging him. For he did not intend to be a servant to anyone, let alone for the length of time as which he has been.

#7 gothador_burtonx

gothador_burtonx
  • Guests

Posted 04 April 2005 - 04:41

I had overheard parts of the conversation over the background noise of the bar. How many times have I seen someone sitting at the counter and asking for something strong? Thousands of times before, more than I can remember. I've heard every story in the book from behind this counter, lost love, broken dreams, you name it.

I recognized the sharply dressed woman as Rosie, the leader of the local MD Crime Syndicate. Many a night her henchmen can be found in the corner of the bar discussing their jobs for the night or whatnot. I have an understanding with them, I don't hear a word, I just make the drinks.

Now this one at the bar, she made the mistake of going against Rosie's wishes, that's one thing you don't do in this town and everyone knows it. I give her credit, I don't have the guts to do something of that sort, I like my bar all too much.

I could see she was struggling with something so I slid her a glass of the house special, "Mad Hatter Ale" She reached for some money out of her pocket and I just said "It's on the house, don't worry about it". She smiled a half smile and began to work on downing the harsh brew.

My eyes glanced past the counter, through the billowing smoke to see my head waitress Opius serving drinks to a couple people at a table near the window to the rainy street outside. The early summer's heat of the day caused a steam to rise from the pavement.

From the left side of the window, a shadowy figure caught my eye as he walked along the sidewalk, clad in a long black coat. The earlier pouring rain had given way to a setting sun behind him that added a feel of mystery to his appearance. He appeared to be reading something in his hand, but I busied myself cleaning a couple of glasses left on the bar, rather than making my curiousity obvious.

The mysterious man came into the bar and glanced over at me. I gave him a nod as he studied the lay of the room and found himself a seat with a good view of the kitchen and front door. The woman at the bar busied herself flicking her silver zippo in between gulps of the drink in front of her.

I finished the glasses and tucked them back under the bar carefully, its just another night at Mad Hatter's...

#8 Lovichas

Lovichas

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted 04 April 2005 - 04:56

Nightwing moved silently through the street, melting into the shadows. He was looking for something or someone....he couldn't remember clearly. Things were a bit foggy in his mind.

He had been hunting someone.He drummed his fingers on the butt of his weapon...Usually this served to clear his mind and allow his thoughts to remain focused. But something strange happend in the hunt...something ....what?

There was a strange mark on the back of his right hand....a burn...or maybe a brand! Where did it come from? So many questions unanswered.

Down the street the lights from an open bar catch his eye. He could see some familiar faces through the windows.But he couldn't place a name with any of the faces. Were they friends? Maybe some friendly conversation and a few drinks would help.

He shakes the night from his cloak and enters the bar....It was warm. He let the warmth seep into his bones. Looking the place over in a practiced routine that came second nature to him, he notices that there is a lot of activity.

He walks over to an empty table, sits down and waits for the waitress to come to his table

Unconsciously, he scratches at the mark on his hand...Where in the hell did this mark come from...? And what does it mean?

A loud noise startled him and he went for his weapons automatically....without thought....before he realized it was only the door slamming as a well dressed lady was leaving.

Was it his imagination or did she look awfully familiar?

Something was gnawing at his subconscious....something horrible....something he had done. Something he was desperate to forget. He almost felt a twinge of panic.

He shakes his head, as if by doing so he was shaking the thoughts away.

The smoke, hanging thickly in the room....reminded him of someplace he had been before. All of it. The smell of perfume mixed with alcohol and stale cigarettes. The muffled conversations from across the room.

The sense of familiarity was very strong.

"Where's the waitress? I need another round."

#9 gothador_zarathustra

gothador_zarathustra
  • Guests

Posted 04 April 2005 - 05:05

Zarathustra ran a hand through her long hair as she wandered down the empty, rain-soaked streets. Twirling an unlit cigarette around her fingers, she idly wondered if she would ever find a hint as to what had happened on that boat. Four months after getting out of the hospital, she still felt uneasy around her boyfriend Hoof, as if she had never known him at all.

Everyone she met had a story from her past, but nothing was familiar. Except that bartender… something about him triggered a spark… it felt like a memory was fighting to surface, clinging for air as she must have been after the boating accident. As she passed the bar, she took a glance inside. Looked like the usual characters… a bunch of people she was supposed to know. They all knew her. Why was it all so cloudy?

She turned a corner onto the pier to see insatiable lounging on a bench. His eyes up and down her body made her uneasy. She didn’t have to remember anything to know what kind of guy he was, it was blatantly obvious. He asked her to sit with him, but she just shook her head and kept on walking.

After what seemed like hours of walking, zara looked up to see a sign waving in the wind. It read “The Tiger’s Den,â€

#10 gothador_persephone

gothador_persephone
  • Guests

Posted 04 April 2005 - 05:13

As Mideon left her embrace to go tend to business, Persephone noticed the folded piece of paper he'd tucked into the waistband of her panties. She pulled it out and unfolded it, expecting words of love as she'd read so many times before. Instead, what she read made her gasp out loud. She quickly composed herself and looked around to see if anyone had heard through her open door. Seeing that she was safe, she reread the note to be sure she had read correctly.

My love,
We have both been slaves to this woman for far too long. I refuse serve any man, or woman as the case may be. I have things I need to discuss with you regarding this the first chance we get alone. Meet me out back of the club after your shift. Yours forever, Mideon.

Persephone quickly crumpled the note and tossed it into the fireplace in her dressing room. She finished dressing, her mind filled with thoughts and questions. Once dressed, she walked out to the floor and began her nightly routine of plying the customers with her charms. Though she hated this job most of the time, a small part of her reveled in the freedom it gave her as a woman. Not many women got to be this free with themselves.

She made her way to the stage once her turn was up and began moving seductively to the music, scanning the crowd for men she could work for cash. Her eyes fell on a woman, sitting in front of the stage with a shocked expression on her face. A familiar shocked face...

"Oh God", she whispered, "What is she doing in here?"

#11 gothador_nadat

gothador_nadat
  • Guests

Posted 04 April 2005 - 05:14

Wow. When Burton was asked for something strong, he delivered. Nadat set down the glass with great care and cursed how much of a lightweight she was. Tilting her head she watched Burton. She remembered him from before her time 'away', and he was rather cute... With a shake of her head she dropped that chain of thought.

Her hand met her water glass. She stared into its depths. Water, the elemental opposition to Fire. Rose, the elemental opposition to Nadat? Flesh burned as easily as wood... Just as quickly as she dropped the idea of chasing Burton she discarded thoughts of killing Rose, at least for the time being. Right now Nadat's position was too weak. She had no allies, and the lack of visits at the prison was clear evidence to the state of any friendships she had. This town was cold.

"I should go home," she informed the cup. "But I want to have fun. I've been bored for so very long." The glass didn't answer. "You're the quiet type, hm?" She felt eyes on her and turned, ready to inform the watcher that she was in fact not talking to a cup, but didn't see anyone close enough to overhear her. Ah, there in the corner, though...

She couldn't make many of his features out because of the shadows he was sitting in, and that made her giggle. That could be the fun she needed. He looked dangerous too, showing off a gun like that. Flipping her lighter on momentarily for good luck she slid off the barstool, straightened her black dress, and ever-so-carefully walked in his direction.

#12 gothador_darkrose16

gothador_darkrose16
  • Guests

Posted 04 April 2005 - 05:53

**OOC :: sorry this took so long....i had to "get into character" ;-) **

“Good. Let me make our relationship clear. You burn what I want you to burn, and nothing else. You may request to burn other things down, but I have final approval. Go against me again and somehow a lot of ‘lost’ evidence in previous ‘mysterious’ burnings is going to show up. Understood?â€

#13 poobumrun

poobumrun
  • Guests

Posted 04 April 2005 - 06:02

Glaring at the oogling patrons he tries swelling his temper by stepping out the front door for a bit. He had his evidence, the evidence needed to have Madame Tiger "taken care of" her ledger, and all the payments she had "forgotten" to make.

Normally these would have been inconsequential, but these payments were to the Lady Rose. He knew she would love too see the profit she was missing out on.

Entering back into the building he spots zara and persephone looking shocked at one another. Wondering if this was going to end up another "problem" that would have to be removed from the house he casually walks towards the pair of lovely women.

#14 gothador_burtonx

gothador_burtonx
  • Guests

Posted 04 April 2005 - 06:07

Out the window I caught the eye of a woman walking down the sidewalk. I saw a woman walking down the sidewalk. Our eyes met for a brief period of time. Even though it was over a distance those eyes seemed very familiar to me. I can't explain how, it's like I've seen them before. I shook my head, figuring it was probably someone I had spoken to one night at the bar.

About this time, the woman at the counter began flickering her eyes between the glass and myself. I didn't make it obvious I had caught her glance. I went back to cleaning some more empty glasses. The reflection of my own eyes stared back at me through the reflection and I realized they were quite similar to that woman who had just passed.

Let me explain what was going through my mind at this point in time. My parents, or at least I thought they were had told me I was adopted as a child, they had nothing nice to say about my mother. "She could go to the nearest hellgate for all we care!" :lol: . There had to be something more to this woman than what they had told me.

Don't get me wrong, if it weren't for them, I wouldn't have this bar and be living this lifestyle I was today. The thoughts quickly vanished from my mind as the woman at the bar started having a conversation with her drink. I found this slightly odd, but not overly odd, when you work at a bar every night, you see much stranger things.

I busied myself emptying a couple of full ashtrays along the counter as the woman left her seat and headed over towards the mysterious man with a spring in her step. She was a woman on a mission thanks to one drink. I glanced at the half empty bottle and then over at Opius. A devilish grin appeared on my face as I unraveled a little plan of my own....

#15 gothador_sephidroth

gothador_sephidroth
  • Guests

Posted 04 April 2005 - 06:19

“Whisky, straight upâ€

#16 gothador_tshedevil

gothador_tshedevil
  • Guests

Posted 04 April 2005 - 06:47

Gazing out of her living room window for what it seems to be the fifth time in two minutes, Tshedevil watches the pouring rain slowly subside to a light sprinkle as she continues to unpack the endless amounts of trinkets she's collected over the years: Pictures from various occasions, exotic vacation souvenirs and the occasional weapon or two.

Shoving the box of old wedding photos away, she walks to a different room. Nodding to her servants and waving them away before they ask if there was anything she required; she heads to her library, hoping for some peace and quiet. She snaps her fingers, muttering a thanks as the doormen snap to attention and push the doors open for her.

Pushing a strand of red hair behind her ear, she ponders again why she came to this town. Oh yes, for family. Only reason she's in this small hell hole of a town was because her family needed her. While people thought of her as the innocent sweetheart back where she used to live, she was anything but. Knowing when to be sweet in the public's eye and knowing when to be a deadly creature was what her aunt wanted her here for.

Being the niece of the notorious leader of the MD, she was used to all the dark room dealings and murder covers ups. She herself had her aunt dig her out of a hole with her ex-husband, now dead after an "accidental" trip down the stairs a few years back. As unfortunate as the "accident" seems to be, she's lived in the lap of luxury. Thanks to her husband's fortune as well as her aunt's.

Looking at empty bookcases upon bookcases, just aching to be filled with her vast library of books, she realizes that the peace and quiet she thought she wanted, is not what she needed now. She throws her hands in the air, giving up unpacking for the time being. Sneaking out the back way behind a book case, she silently thanks her aunt again for the mansion full of back ways and passages, she heads to her garage, hoping that this little town is more exciting than unpacking boxes.

#17 gothador_zarathustra

gothador_zarathustra
  • Guests

Posted 04 April 2005 - 06:51

It took a moment for it to register, then finally it sunk in. That was Persephone on the stage. She had a wig on, and a cheesy schoolgirl uniform, but it was definitely her. Wasn’t she in law school? Or med school? Who’d have thought a bright girl like that would be working in a place like this?

Zara wasn’t the type to judge a woman on how she made her money, but she thought that this information might be valuable, nonetheless. Quietly pondering how she could use the situation to her advantage, zara flagged down a scantily-clad waitress and ordered another drink. As she turned back towards the stage and the new curvaceous blonde who seemed to command the room’s attention, zara gasped at the dark bulk of a man who was glaring at her from across the room. Making a quick recovery, she glanced away and took a deep swig of her martini. “Well that didn’t last long,â€

#18 gothador_darkrose16

gothador_darkrose16
  • Guests

Posted 04 April 2005 - 06:55

Walking into the Den was always the same. The stench of cigarettes, booze, and sex is so overwhelming that it would knock out any unsuspecting person. Already the lounge was filled with its regular patrons. One, not so regular, patron caught her eye. “So she was finally released from the hospital,â€

#19 gothador_nadat

gothador_nadat
  • Guests

Posted 04 April 2005 - 06:56

She grinned as he asked for a light. “Always.â€

#20 Lovichas

Lovichas

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted 04 April 2005 - 06:57

Something was wrong....that feeling in the gut that only combat can teach you was telling Nightwing to seek life elsewhere.

There were several suspicious looks and glances firing like bullets across the room.

Nightwing eased his chair back a few inches further from the table, loosened his weapons, and positioned himself for rapid movement....all with the silent, unnoticable skill of a seasoned veteran.

Things were about to get bad.....deadly bad....and in a hurry.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: