2 replies to this topic

#1 Cynyth

Cynyth

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 531 posts

Posted 16 November 2007 - 19:56

I'm sure you know I follow the warrior path. Is not my very credo "I trust in the strength of my arm and cunningly crafted metal?" I learned my craft at the side of Grimsword the elf and matron of my clan, which is why I am confused and saddened at the hatred some people have for elves. She now wanders one of the forests in Gothador in spirit, but her teachings live on in me. I have since become one of the strongest of my race. Not so strong as those who have dedicated themselves utterly, but I have slain some of the smae creatures as they, and my tally of the crocs of the Island Sea is almost unmatched. But I digress.

So what have I been doing killing ulticas in the Great Ocean?

It began when we heard about the plight of Esteir. For helping with their defense, it was said that they gave a prize of great worth. Once the steps of this quest were laid bare, I began. The dispatching of the 60 demon crysalises proved easy enough, but then came the test of the demon seigers. In my first encounter, they laughed off my (to them) pitifully slow attacks, then flung me aside. After four such encounters having doing nothing in return, I decided I would have to change tactics and use magic.

I can hear the snickering now. There have been a few times where I have found it necessary to use magic instead of my weapon. The most recent was when I was required to kill a machatan. I shouted myself nearly hoarse at one beast; thinking back on it I am reminded of the character of Stilgar yelling at a rock in a story I heard for the lack of effectiveness of my casts. My frustration overpowered my patience in this case, and I hired out for a mage to do most of the work for me. Even then, it was a lucky heavy blow while I was exersicing myself against it between casts that proved the killing blow. The other cases were in the pit of mad cows which are so sponge soft that even the ill-trained casts of a warrior like me are sufficient to scythe them, and very early on in my quest to obtain the ability to view distant parts of the realm I occupy.

So I stood before the seiger and let forth with yelled chants that would connect against it, until such time as it got annoyed enough to poke back. Unlike the machatan, whose blows were as nothing, the seigers pokes are deadly. With magic, unlike with my weapon skills, I have not yet learned to pile chant upon chant in a single strike. This is particularly annoying when my stone tongue mispronounces a syllable and the spell goes awry. Therefore this trip to Oceanaianas to collect the fragments from the ulticas.

#2 Cynyth

Cynyth

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 531 posts

Posted 28 November 2007 - 19:25

"FINISH HIM!!" I shout.

15:54 28/11/07
You successfully casted Sieger Killer.
You hit Demon Sieger (89,58 ) for 1398 HP and killed it. (Demonic Wrath)
You gained 10496389 xp. (2209766 + 8286623 xp bonus, Rage, Storm, Demi-Rage)
You gained 516 Sieger Killer casting exp.

Seven. I stop to catch my breath after the strenuous task and consider the corpse. Nearly two weeks on, and I had so far killed seven of the required 25 of the beasts. It seemed at once heartening and daunting. On the one hand I had a system which had served to do what on first glance seemed impossible. This particular one seemed to have fallen easier, whether through increased efficiency of my system through practice, the slow building of what small magic ablility I was inadvertently developing, or from the remnants of the vial still buzzing in my body. Easier to be sure, but still such effort as to require two days rest between attacks. Yet over two-thirds of my task still lay before me.

There must be a better way of doing this, I think to myself as I return to the hellgate I was using as a base. Cross-legged, I set before me those of my chattels perhaps worth enough to buy some assistance and shake my head. Leaves, moon stars, even one greater beast vial (even whose ultimate attack boost would not quite let me use my more natural mode of melee). At one time these would certainly have purchased the required potables, but time passes, supply grows, and prices fall. Reluctantly, I roll up my belongings, lean against a nearby snow covered tree, and contemplate the dispatch of number eight.

#3 Cynyth

Cynyth

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 531 posts

Posted 09 December 2007 - 14:12

Through the distance of time, I recall the glimpses of our clanlord QuantumNexus as he taught his student Naryan, he who I called brother for a long time, the secrets of word and gesture and how to channel the forces of the realms into striking blows until mine own tutor Grimsword would call me back to the teaching of thrust and parry (too bad she couldn't teach me the elvish talent of multiplying their blows occasionally). Now I put those stolen lessons to my own use in dispatching my final foe.

"This ends NOW!", and with a decisive movement, I strike.

22:51 08/12/07
You successfully casted Sieger Killer.
Sorcery failed.
Damaged Demon Sieger (91,42) for 2613 HP. (Demonic Wrath)
Demon Sieger strikes and hits you for 1363 points.
Sorcery failed.
Damaged Demon Sieger (91,42) for 2541 HP. (Demonic Wrath)
Demon Sieger strikes and hits you for 1815 points.
Sorcery failed.
Sorcery failed.
Sorcery failed.
You hit Demon Sieger (91,42) for 2755 HP and killed it. (Demonic Wrath)
You gained 10465111 xp. (2203181 + 8261930 xp bonus, Rage, Storm, Demi-Rage)
You gained 1476 Sieger Killer casting exp.

It is done. The 25th demon sieger finally falls, and I rest on my hammer for a couple of moments and ponder my deed. After my seventh kill, I had looked through my belongings and had found some with power to increase the potency of my casts, including the Omnilord's Wrath from the quests for Xenthij and the armor made heavy by Merd's soul. Now that these faithful tools had served my prupose, they went away to wherever it was that they go when not needed, and I retrieved my regular gear, still shiny orange in its newness despite heavy use in the Mortis realm. After some stretching to refamiliarize myself to its confines, I am ready to return to the Piyr fort.

"It's been a while, but I feel like myself again with this on."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: