The Grand Ball [Connected to The Great Battle]

• Please log in to reply
76 replies to this topic

#61 gothador_boogieknigh

gothador_boogieknigh
  • Guests

Posted 22 July 2005 - 20:38

Boogie Knight cradles his broken arm, "Crap."

He slinks away, knowing that a human stuck out light a sore thumb and lingering would raise new suspicions.

"What the hell was wrong with me? I might not have been able to beat that guy, but I shouldn't have wound up like this. It was like things were blurry, hazey, kinda like a dream.

"...I coulda' sworn I knew that guy."

Boogie shrugs as he creeps to the closest exit.

#62 gothador_borac

gothador_borac
  • Guests

Posted 24 July 2005 - 16:13

Borac drops from a ventilation shaft, landing behind Kayla.
"How is Prince Aero doing, may I ask?" Asks the Asassin, taking the shape of a guard.
Hurry up, It's only a matter of time before there's a doppledanger incident."

#63 gothador_seraphim

gothador_seraphim
  • Guests

Posted 25 July 2005 - 06:14

Stepping between borac and Kayla, Seraphim gently lifts her up to her feet.
As he does so a green nimbus of energy surrounds his body and hers.
The deadly cold of the Assassins weapon that was taken from Prince Aero's now healed wound is slowly disbursed.

Kayla takes in a sharp gasp of air as she awakens from a trance.

Surprised at being held by Seraphim, Kayla steps back to smooth her gown.
Then looking around she holds her hand out to help Prince Aero stand, only to have it moved to the side by the Princely Dark elf that killed the assassin, as he helps Aero stand.

"Do you know who you just saved?" asks Seraphim...
"Yes" replied Kayla, "Someone that needed help."
"Ahhh" replied Seraphim,
"I thought not...You dear knight, have just saved the life of Prince Aero, Lord of the Ilythiiri Enclave."

The shock that registered on Kayla's face was obvious for all to see.
Reaching to touch her face, She remembered the unwarranted attacks on her in the Dark Forest.

Looking at the regally clad drow that was approaching her, Kayla sighed inwardly, "i should have guessed..."

"Milady," Prince Aero spoke "I would like to thank you for intervening and saving my life. If there is anything that i can do to repay you please let me know..."
"Yes there is as a matter of fact! You can explain to me why you have been trying to have me killed for starts!"

Looking at the lady in front of him Aero chuckled lightly.
"Had i known that one of Etharas chosen was soo stunning..."

"You should have let him die." Interrupted a dark and sensual voice.

Looking around everyone’s eyes fell upon a beautiful drow moving with a deadly grace.

"Princess Loc'ress." Replied The drow Prince dryly.
"What?" asked a confused Kayla.
"Princess Loc'ress Mistress of the largest Drow household in Gothador."
Aero repeated.

"You should have let him die...things would have been so much simpler had he died."

" I am a knight of Gothador i can not just stand there and watch someone die needlessly, when i can help."

Princess Loc'ress looked Kayla up and down sizing her...

"You are weak, unfit to rule. I do not understand why the goddess chose to raise such a simple weak country girl into the ranks of the chosen.
But I for one shall never support you...And as a matter of fact,
You can consider me your rival, and enemy."

Taking off a glove she tossed it to the floor in front of the small gathering, and walked away.

"I am going to have to kill her." Stated Prince Aero calmly.
"What?" asked Kayla as she turned to face Aero.

"Don’t you see, Lady Kayla? It was her Assassin."
His eye glittering as he watched her leave.

Turning and facing the gathered crowd he spoke.
"I am sorry, but I must take your leave good people, for I have urgent business back at home."

And Aero and Prince Sargtlin abruptly turned and left the ball.

Seraphim looked At Kayla watching her as she stooped to pick up the glove that was thrown to the floor.

"It appears that she has cast down the gauntlet. What are you going to do?"

"I just don’t know..." she replied while letting it slip from her fingers.

#64 gothador_borac

gothador_borac
  • Guests

Posted 25 July 2005 - 16:26

"How nice to see you in good health, milord. Perhaps I could supply you with something corosive for the job? Well, must be off."
Borac assumes his normal form and returns to the air ducts.

#65 gothador_vampz

gothador_vampz
  • Guests

Posted 25 July 2005 - 18:32

After helping Prince Aero rise to his feet, Sargtlin observed the angel figure that was standing beside the female drow. As the small group engaged in conversation Sargtlin looked around the ball floor. All sorts of beings were either in their own conversation or struck in wonder and question.

Sargtlin touched the wound on his shoulder then his ribs. Ignoring the pain he then looked at his slightly bloodstained fingers.
still tender but healing...
His eyes then flashed to a moving object, a glove that had struck the floor.
Eyeing the one who had thrown it, Sargtlin removed his hand from one of his daggers.

"I am going to have to kill her." Aero said calmly.
After hearing his cousin’s words, the vibe of a challenge filled Sargtlin’s mind. The chance of more battle, bloodshed and killing caused Sargtlin’s fingertips to tingle as if they were numb.
Sargtlin smiled slightly still eyeing the one who had thrown the glove, this female drow challenger, her image burning into his memory for later recall.

Suddenly a slight pinch within Sargtlin’s chest caused him to feel unbalanced.
that feeling again...but what is it...a warning?...no...something worse.

Looking over at Aero just as he spoke,
"I am sorry, but I must take your leave good people, for I have urgent business back at home."
Sargtlin turned and walked towards the exit with Aero.

“Something is wrong, I can feel it.â€

#66 gothador_boogieknigh

gothador_boogieknigh
  • Guests

Posted 28 July 2005 - 15:50

Hiding in the shadows Boogie notices he's left a trail of blood.

"Heh?"

He examines his arm again.

"Sonofa!"

In the confusion, he fell on the murder weapon he intended to use, and mistook the perpetual pain for a broken bone. He slowly draws the knife out of his arm.

"Mother^&(er!"

The knife clangs as it falls to the ground.

"I've just developed a new found respect for assassins, killin' a guy off the battlefield's too damn hard."

#67 Kayla

Kayla

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 335 posts

Posted 17 August 2005 - 19:59

The festivities were not slow to come to an end, following the bloodshed. Many would remember this night mostly for the assassination attempt, yet many more would not having neither witnessed it nor a care for it, it being obviously some drow intrigue that had once more spilled into the lives of more 'civilised' peoples. But everyone would agree that the beautiful Queen Shiva threw a heck of a party.

The kitsune Mamori, who had come for information and had seen and lost an opportunity to complete the mission he had set himself, saw the people of the Enchanted Fire Circle back to their impressive carriage. "Are you sure you will not return with us?" the high Priestess of Aiella asked.

He shook his head. "I still must see this through," he replied.

Moongirl frowned. "You do as you feel you must I suppose," she said, then gave him a quick smile. "But be careful, Mamori."

He stood, shivering slightly in the bitter cold, watching the carriage make it's way very slowly into the snowy distance. Spinning around, he realised he was no longer alone. The snow elf waited acknowledgement patienly, his silvery eyes viewing the frozen landscape with a sense of peace. Mamori's eyes narrowed against a particularly wintery breeze that stung his human eyes, but the elf seemed undisturbed by it. Finally he spoke.

"My lady has retired, she shall not be granting you further audience," he told Mamori. At the look of protest that appeared upon the kitsune's face, the snow elf held up a weathered, pale hand. "She has suggested, that the attempt upon Prince Aero's life here was just a small part in the great game of the dark elves. Not a single House in their society remains neutral for long, for they delight in the large chess board that is their world. Tonight, you came across a drow lady, a Knight of Nanaea, my Queen is aware, and spoke words with her. This particular drow is more than she would seem... in many ways. If you seek a way into their world, to find the corner that is Aero's, she may be your key."

The snow fell into the kitsune's green eyes and he blinked the chilling flakes away, but when his vision came into focus, the elf was gone and he was once more alone.

#68 gothador_aero

gothador_aero
  • Guests

Posted 21 August 2005 - 05:52

Continued in the thread WAR!!

#69 gothador_seraphim

gothador_seraphim
  • Guests

Posted 17 February 2006 - 18:18

Bump history again

#70 gothador_aero

gothador_aero
  • Guests

Posted 28 March 2007 - 17:37

I was lookin for this...

#71 Kayla

Kayla

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 335 posts

Posted 29 March 2007 - 08:10

You're not meant to be writing in here :P

#72 gothador_vampz

gothador_vampz
  • Guests

Posted 13 June 2007 - 02:19

Re-reading all of this brings back great memories.

#73 Kayla

Kayla

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 335 posts

Posted 13 June 2007 - 08:34

Screams wildly and hugs Vampz!

Where the hell have you been!!!

This Book'll bring back more memories.

Glad to see you back :)

#74 gothador_vampz

gothador_vampz
  • Guests

Posted 11 August 2008 - 23:12

Re-reading this a second time was even better than the first.

#75 gothador_balord

gothador_balord
  • Guests

Posted 23 September 2008 - 15:19

Is anyone interested in bringing this thread back to life? It was just getting great when everyone stopped posting... :( >>>------------------> I'm also guilty... :(

#76 dyscord

dyscord

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 224 posts

Posted 02 October 2008 - 11:43

Would be fun, but Shiva no longer plays, I no longer have control of Persephone, and several others have quit the game entirely. Not much point without the original storyline intact :( You can always start a new one;)

Geek for life...yo

#77 gothador_balord

gothador_balord
  • Guests

Posted 02 October 2008 - 17:07

I was simply wondering...I wanted to return to my own part of the story, but didn't want to write anyone/thing out if anyone still wanted to continue here.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: