Community Manager

• Administrators
  • PipPip
  • 291 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 22 March 2021 - 14:18

Good Afternoon everyone!

We have a few updates we would like to share with you all!

Firstly, we have sent another app update to the Google Play and iOS stores, bringing with it new changes and improvements!

You can view the patch notes for v 0.8.7 in their entirety here on our forums!
If you have yet to try the Fallen Sword Mobile Beta then you can join using the links below.
Android: Here / iOS: Here

On top of the app update, we have game update v3.0.0 that adds a couple of new features.

composing_update_fsbanner.png

We are excited to reveal that the level cap for Composing has been increased from 60 to 80. This adds 5 new skills to Composing, 3 of which are brand new to the game! There are also 3 new Composing Slots, with 1 gained every 10 levels!

There have also been some big changes to Private Messaging. Instead of receiving player messages in your log, there is a new Messages section in the Character Menu. This allows you to easily keep track of all sent and received messages. In the browser version, you can now manage your ignore list from this new section. 

We hope you all enjoy the new updates!

~The Fallen Sword Team

#2 fallengerm

fallengerm

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 22 March 2021 - 14:52

Yippee now i get to work on adding another 20 levels to my composing level since i been at Max level for awhile now. Really interested to see the new skills. Hopefully they aren't going be completely broken (aka overpowered). Anyways excited to start composing again. Hopefully there will be Double Composing Exp event to go with this update I am sure it going to take a couple months to get to level 80 now.

#3 Tilley10

Tilley10

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 250 posts

Posted 22 March 2021 - 14:53

Will there be additional composing slots with this update?

#4 Davros81

Davros81

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 949 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 22 March 2021 - 15:37

oh mint!!

#5 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 22 March 2021 - 16:25

I highly advise against SH buff being increased in composing. Please keep in mind SH 525 is considered an epic level potion buff. In my opinion SH should have capped at 350 but we got 480 from 1-60. 

Please change this before it's too late.

Don't know how i feel about BE being buffed. That will make fumble among other buffs even stronger which is not good.

Level 204 buffs will be possible which means

Fumble 204 (Coupled with high level flinch this just becomes really overpowered.)

Deflect 204.

Reign of Terror 204

Extractor 2 204

Crit Strike 204

Piercing Strike 204

At first glance healer seems alright as it helps out armor sets which have long been overshadowed. Although Crit/PS will still one shot most of them.

Armored strike 600:

We quite often overflow damage not sure this would be forthcoming considering the current game scaling.

Frag Finder:

Really not a fan of this, this will make composing even cheaper to do. Composing is already insanely cheap for the quality of buffs you get.

Edited by EpicPiety, 23 March 2021 - 14:13.

#6 Zue

Zue

Community Manager

• Administrators
  • PipPip
  • 291 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 22 March 2021 - 16:26

Game's back up now!

Will there be additional composing slots with this update?

There are 3 new Composing Slots, with 1 gained every 10 levels. :) Just added this to the above post.

#7 fallengerm

fallengerm

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 22 March 2021 - 16:48

Game's back up now!

There are 3 new Composing Slots, with 1 gained every 10 levels. :) Just added this to the above post.

Nice also looking forward to now adding frag finder to my lady luck pots for hunting frag stashes during global events to keep those frag counts high so i can maintain the cost of composing. And with the new slots that should help make things go faster.

#8 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 22 March 2021 - 17:10

Messages tab could use [ Reply | Buff | Send | Trade ] 

#9 Melissa3

Melissa3

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 199 posts

Posted 22 March 2021 - 17:30

How can we access our old messages before this update ?  Both sent and received ?

#10 michael65

michael65

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 534 posts

Posted 22 March 2021 - 17:36

mass message?

[edit: is logout not working?]

Edited by michael65, 22 March 2021 - 18:13.

#11 maxdragon

maxdragon

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 106 posts

Posted 22 March 2021 - 17:47

the whole composing update was not a surprise and showed more how little the admins know of this game and what is really needed, composing was one of the least desired ones 

I am not dissapointed because I had no expectation and knew the update would not fix any of the many bugs we have reported for years or give us an update that most of the community actually wants

when I read in forum that it was a composing update I knew you would increase smashing hammer, the worst skill that many warned you about and you delivered the opposite

4 years and then this update, speechless

I do not know why you did not fix any of the many bugs we kept reporting to you over the years, always the same reply that it will be fixed with the new update which never happens (leader chat, chat notification broken ....)

and this new update broke more things here, look everything connected to logs, too many to count

this is brutal honest feedback, you can either take it or delete it to hide problems

#12 michael65

michael65

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 534 posts

Posted 22 March 2021 - 18:39

they could have left log alone. create links from chat/message, guild messages, combat, and notification buttons in "old" log adding notify icon/box for new messages. where to put access to "old" log? make it an option through preferences.

aside issue, seperation of logs was asked years ago, we got buttons in now "old" log

#13 winemaker

winemaker

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 447 posts
  • Badge

Posted 22 March 2021 - 18:42

unable to use the Switch create mode in AH keeps telling to select 1 item to send, i dont want to click over 120 items of the same item to list in AH

#14 Tilley10

Tilley10

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 250 posts

Posted 22 March 2021 - 18:47

I highly advise against SH buff being increased in composing. Please keep in mind SH 525 is considered an epic level potion buff. In my opinion SH should have capped at 350 but we got 480 from 1-60. 

Don't know how i feel about BE being buffed. That will make fumble among other buffs even stronger which is not good.

Level 203 buffs will be possible which means

Fumble 203 (Coupled with high level flinch this just becomes really overpowered.)

Deflect 203.

Reign of Terror 203

Extractor 2 203

Crit Strike 203

Piercing Strike 203

At first glance healer seems alright as it helps out armor sets which have long been overshadowed. Although Crit/PS will still one shot most of them.

Armored strike 600:

We quite often overflow damage not sure this would be forthcoming considering the current game scaling.

Frag Finder:

Really not a fan of this, this will make composing even cheaper to do. Composing is already insanely cheap for the quality of buffs you get.

I 100% agree with everything that EP has said. Smashing Hammer is already an overpowered buff as is and doesn't need any to be increased anymore. If should be nerfed in my opinion.

I already dread the day that I have to attack into someone that has Deflect 203. 175 Deflect is high enough.

Fumble should also be capped at 175. Why would anyone wear armor when Fumble 203 + high level Flinch makes it nearly impossible to hit into defense.

There needs to be some sort of rebalancing as the level of buffs you can get from composing is just too strong.

#15 wazzimoto

wazzimoto

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 300 posts
  • Badge
  • Canada

Posted 22 March 2021 - 18:54

Ummm.....entire game is broken down!!  Cant even recall from guild members backpacks....

InfoClose
Client requires an update
Ok

aUcTiOnS  ---->   Check out my current auctions here!

WazziSig1_zps86dd99f5.png

#16 JustConix

JustConix

Junior Game Programmer

• Hunted Cow Staff
  • PipPip
  • 197 posts
  • Badge

Posted 22 March 2021 - 19:14

Level 203 buffs will be possible which means

Fumble 203 (Coupled with high level flinch this just becomes really overpowered.)

Deflect 203.

Reign of Terror 203

Extractor 2 203

Crit Strike 203

Piercing Strike 203

Armored strike 600:

Frag Finder:

Hi EpicPiety,

Thanks for the feedback on the new additions to composing, Smashing Hammer caps out with this new update at 500 so only an additional 20 levels from its current. Thank you for voicing your concern over these changes, we are aware some of these skills reach rather high levels but we believed them to be valuable rewards for the effort put in to reach their respective levels. We would like to leave them as is for now but will keep an eye on them to see how they impact the game. Please keep us updated with your concern, we can always adjust things if need be but want to leave them for now.

Messages tab could use [ Reply | Buff | Send | Trade ] 

This has now been added, Thanks for pointing this out.

How can we access our old messages before this update ?  Both sent and received ?

Hi Melissa,

I will have to get back to you on this, I believed old messages to still be in the logs but they may be stuck in limbo for now, will see if we can get them moved to the new system. Will keep you updated.

mass message?

Hi Michael, 

Can you provide more information as to what's happening with mass messages? 

As for log out, it should be working, I will look into and see what's going on.

the whole composing update was not a surprise and showed more how little the admins know of this game and what is really needed, composing was one of the least desired ones 

Hi Maxdragon,

We are sorry that the composing update was not what you were hoping for but we believed it to be something a large number of players have been asking for. We hope those that do enjoy composing like this new update. Sorry this was not the update for you but we hope the next update will see something more inline with your playstyle.

Thank you to everyone who has provided feedback so far. We are working hard to fix any and all issues and will aim to make fallen sword the best it can be :)

~ The Fallen Sword Team 

#17 JustConix

JustConix

Junior Game Programmer

• Hunted Cow Staff
  • PipPip
  • 197 posts
  • Badge

Posted 22 March 2021 - 19:15

they could have left log alone. create links from chat/message, guild messages, combat, and notification buttons in "old" log adding notify icon/box for new messages. where to put access to "old" log? make it an option through preferences.

aside issue, seperation of logs was asked years ago, we got buttons in now "old" log

Hi Michael,

We believed the old method of sending messages to other player logs to be a bit dated and thought this system to be a smoother and cleaner way to do so. We may need to put in more work to tidy it up and improve its functionality, but we do believe a private messaging system is a better way to handle this going forward.

unable to use the Switch create mode in AH keeps telling to select 1 item to send, i dont want to click over 120 items of the same item to list in AH

Hi Winemaker,

Thanks for letting us know about this issue, will look into it and see if we can find a fix! But yes, I agree! I also woudnt want to click 120 items in the same list. Could maybe add a select all button?

I 100% agree with everything that EP has said. Smashing Hammer is already an overpowered buff as is and doesn't need any to be increased anymore. If should be nerfed in my opinion.

I already dread the day that I have to attack into someone that has Deflect 203. 175 Deflect is high enough.

Fumble should also be capped at 175. Why would anyone wear armor when Fumble 203 + high level Flinch makes it nearly impossible to hit into defense.

There needs to be some sort of rebalancing as the level of buffs you can get from composing is just too strong.

Hi Tilley,

Thank you for your feedback on this. Similar to what I said to EpicPiety, we would like to leave this as is for now and see how it looks in the game. We will review all this in the near future though and make any changes if we feel we need to, but would like to watch it for now. 

Ummm.....entire game is broken down!!  Cant even recall from guild members backpacks....

Hi Wazzimoto,

What exactly is broken? I will look into the guild recall issue, but what are the other issues that you are having, will look into those too.

Thanks again for the feedback! Please keep it coming!

~The Fallen Sword Team

#18 PointyHair

PointyHair

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 322 posts

Posted 22 March 2021 - 19:19

InfoClose
Client requires an update
Ok

That's an FSH function. Vast swathes of FSH are broken at this point. You might want to consider turning it off.

#19 JustConix

JustConix

Junior Game Programmer

• Hunted Cow Staff
  • PipPip
  • 197 posts
  • Badge

Posted 22 March 2021 - 19:27

mass message?

Sorry Michael, just seen your message in Fallen Sword App Update (v0.8.7):

"so mass messenge goes to old log not new message?
log notification didn't show when i tested mass message.
[edit: comment refers to browser. i somehow missed the "app update" in header]"

Will look into this and hopefully get a fix, thanks for the report.

~Conix :)

#20 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 22 March 2021 - 19:28

Hi EpicPiety,

Thanks for the feedback on the new additions to composing, Smashing Hammer caps out with this new update at 500 so only an additional 20 levels from its current. Thank you for voicing your concern over these changes, we are aware some of these skills reach rather high levels but we believed them to be valuable rewards for the effort put in to reach their respective levels. We would like to leave them as is for now but will keep an eye on them to see how they impact the game. Please keep us updated with your concern, we can always adjust things if need be but want to leave them for now.

This has now been added, Thanks for pointing this out.

~ The Fallen Sword Team 

Appreciate the response, although i do feel the reward is already high enough even if you take SH entirely out of the situation. The game isn't even scaled/balanced with high level SH in mind. with SH 480 now 500 people will be able to do content even more above their gear level if they want. This really hurts demand for gear among other things. It is probably possible to 1 hit EOC with level 2000-2500 hunting setup. I can probably find a way to push it lower.

Above all else, please keep in mind these potions can be brewed for a poor mans penny.

Also Fumble + Flinch is a killer combo seeing now that we will have 20.3% fumble only buffs defense more when it's armoar setups that need buffs.

Some buffs might need to be capped with BE much like Teleport was.

Edited by EpicPiety, 22 March 2021 - 19:38.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: