#1 Subject

Subject

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 575 posts

Posted 15 February 2022 - 13:52

We need to make a change to Attacking and Defending Relic

If a player is Defending and Attacking a Relic then they should not be allowed to hide behind PvP Protection.
Player attacking should lose PvP protection if they attack to take a relic and there stats should not count towards the defense of a relic if they are hiding behind PvP protection.
There is literally no way to make a guild move from a relic your “ fighting “ over if there is no consequences to attacking and defending.
I’m all for battling and fighting for a relic but there needs to be risk and consequences
Otherwise you take the consequences and risk out of attacking another guilds relic that they are defending.

Also it’s stupid how easy it is to take a relic I don’t even have to buff only need 2 members and I can take a relic with 7 defenders… seems off to me.

#2 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 15 February 2022 - 14:05

It's been brought up before that attacking a relic is currently too easy.

1. remove Reign of Terror or add a buff to counteract it
2. remove lead defender debuff

It is a big enough debuff to have to spread your defenders the more relics you have.

I don't find it quite fun to take a relic back and forth with no realistic hopes of defense. Incentivizing defense and making it viable would allow for more interactive gameplay and strategy.

Instead of relic combat being best of 1. it should be best of 10+ and simulate combat. Getting RNG'ed is terrible so if you simulate multiple combats RNG should be normalized. Win 6 lose 4, you get the relic... lose 6 win 4 you don't.

Edited by EpicPiety, 15 February 2022 - 14:55.

#3 yghorbeviahn

yghorbeviahn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,654 posts

Posted 15 February 2022 - 20:01

I would also say that the 5~10 attacks per group shouldn't count for Relic captures, Hoof said in the past the multiple attacks per group wouldn't count towards Relic attacks, no idea why that changed...Or never got fixed, for me the group should dissolve after 1 Relic attack, winning or losing, it's way too easy to make 1 group survives for 10 hours+ of Relic Captures... Having to create new groups would at least force the guild to be more active during Relic wars.

Edited by yghorbeviahn, 15 February 2022 - 20:02.

#4 Subject

Subject

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 575 posts

Posted 16 February 2022 - 01:24

I agree 100% yghorbb...!  My guild is currently going back and forth on with a relic and all one of there players does is get a group and spam hits usally gets it within 3-5 hits lol... It is annoying that there is no time frame between hits and that player can just spam hit and do this every times without having to use any skill what so ever to take relic. and we have 16 -18 defenders on this relic still takes it by just clicking attack ROT usually gets it sooner or later.. so yeah 1 hit then having to get a New group for relics would be awesome.

Edited by Subject, 16 February 2022 - 01:26.

#5 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 16 February 2022 - 14:02

I've never agreed with the group changes in regards to relics.

#6 BadPenny

BadPenny

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,280 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 16 February 2022 - 20:17

I've never agreed with the group changes in regards to relics.

I don't remember even being asked.... do you?

Just one old lady's opinion

krQtqDH.jpg

~Love, Penny

Have you hugged your Quango lately?

#7 Maehdros

Maehdros

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,330 posts
  • Canada

Posted 16 February 2022 - 22:03

Could get rid of penalties, longer lasting buffs if a lead defender etc etc. Remove reign of terror. Silly buff.

One could, take said relics back hourly. If anything it promotes activity eh?

Holding 6 * good* relics constantly is very difficult as it should be. If you don't want to re take and cap, just hold onto 1 or 2 and work to defend better. ( less penalty)

As for pvp protection, that's something completely different and has nothing to do with relics. Make someone move by making it difficult. Careful not to * Terrorize * as cows ain't fond of that. They own the relics remember.

Forgot the group part. I for one like having 10 swings at a relic. I can go cap all 6 if I feel like going for a walk. Buffs can be over powered. Globals, composed, RNG buffs especially. So having more then 1 swing is great.

It could be worse, bring back the empowering costs from years ago and see how that goes 😉 thats when the wars were good 😆

Cheers!

~Maeh

Edited by Maehdros, 16 February 2022 - 22:06.

#8 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 17 February 2022 - 13:40

It could be worse, bring back the empowering costs from years ago and see how that goes thats when the wars were good

~Maeh

You had something to lose back then, which I think made them a bit better. Level's costed alot more than today. Today you can level 225-275 stam per level in a 2x. To take a level from someone on the bounty board it costs about 600+ stam, if they decide to try to defend themselves double that number.

There is never much to lose anymore, just minimal gains. When there is alot to lose, there is usually also alot to gain. When there is nothing to lose, usually there isn't much to gain either.

This is also why i liked 1 group attempt per relic attempt. You had to be careful and calculated before you hit. You had to put some care into it. If you lost it, ouch. However if you had an active guild you could recoup another group before long.

Edited by EpicPiety, 17 February 2022 - 13:45.

#9 BMachine

BMachine

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 67 posts

Posted 08 March 2022 - 04:43

An easier solution would be to add a 'rested' area to the game. A place on the map where if players are waiting there they get +2 stam gain and 1000 Max stamina. This will reduce players defending relics. There is nowhere else (except the portal) to leave your character and with stam banks of 50-100k+ they are there for days on end. This is the only solution i could come up with. furthermore use that area for players level 15 to fight creatures to level 20. Alot of players are getting suck around level 15-20.

#10 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 08 March 2022 - 13:32

Players get stuck and stop at 15-20 because the tutorial isn't inclusive and explanative enough. They use their stam and logout and never remember to login again because it likely wasn't much fun. They need to be told that the game consists of many more things than just hunting. Hunting is like 10-20% of the game.

Got to hook them in and show them there is something you can do every hour of the day.

As far as relics go i think having to sit on them is fine, this is not the problem it's the combat changes/mechanics that piled up in favor of the attacker (Which already had the edge from the inception). If you want to reinvent the wheel then i guess there can be a guild hall where you step into to defend all the relics. Guess you could justify it by that you snatched the relic and brought it home LOL.

Edited by EpicPiety, 08 March 2022 - 13:34.

#11 Alisa

Alisa

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 776 posts
  • Badge

Posted 21 March 2022 - 19:19

Been thinking about a new system that could be added to the game that's similar to GVG. My idea is a way to declare war against a guild and what that involves is a attack range increase by 5x or whatever is fair. So if a guild attacks your relic non-stop then you should be able to punish them until they surrender.

sigma_468x60.jpg

#12 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,130 posts
  • Australia

Posted 21 March 2022 - 20:48

Been thinking about a new system that could be added to the game that's similar to GVG. My idea is a way to declare war against a guild and what that involves is a attack range increase by 5x or whatever is fair. So if a guild attacks your relic non-stop then you should be able to punish them until they surrender.

BG will just reiterate that relics belong to no-one, that they're fair play for everyone to take, even hourly..

Homer : Marge, don't discourage the boy. Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals .. except the weasel.

Eddie Izzard : The National Rifle Association say that guns don't kill people, people do. But I think the gun helps, you know ? I think it helps. I think just standing there going "BANG" - that's not going to kill too many people, is it ?

I don't mean to sound pessimistic, but it seems that everything I eat lately turns to poo ...

#13 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 21 March 2022 - 21:35

Hourly back and forth is really boring and unfun. The attacker has nothing to lose. The current system is just boring. I'd like to think I'm qualified to say this after having ~12k relic caps as a guild since advisory was lost a few years ago. Certainly not reasonably defensible either.

Relics literally belong to no one, however you can stake a temporary claim or lease if you will.

Edited by EpicPiety, 21 March 2022 - 21:39.

#14 Alisa

Alisa

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 776 posts
  • Badge

Posted 22 March 2022 - 00:56

BG will just reiterate that relics belong to no one, that they're fair play for everyone to take, even hourly.

was at work and my break ended so I rushed through it without checking.

I didn't mean we own relics or anything like that, and it doesn't have to be a relic to start a war with another guild. It may be to defend your members from hourly attacks from another guild that won't stop hitting guildies. You'd go all out with the war if BB wasn't enough of a deterrent to stop them.

Pay a 25-50FSP fee to begin the war, and both guilds' attack ranges will be increased with a 1.25x XP loss per hit. Other rules can be implemented to prevent bullying or abuse.

I'm throwing an idea in to give guilds more options to compete. I don't believe the group limit will be lifted, it's better to have other systems in place to combat the "abusive" use of 5-10 group attacks. Another thing they could do, which few people seem to agree on, is that if a group hits a relic once, they should use all of their remaining attempts.

sigma_468x60.jpg

#15 handitover

handitover

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 110 posts

Posted 26 March 2022 - 18:57

One thing i think  there should be atleast  when a guild wins defending the attack other guild should have to wait out the 1 hr before they can attack again rather then just randomly hitting till they get it.

#16 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 26 March 2022 - 19:15

One thing i think  there should be atleast  when a guild wins defending the attack other guild should have to wait out the 1 hr before they can attack again rather then just randomly hitting till they get it.

Yep it just incentivizes offense to keep hitting constantly until they get some rng.

#17 BMachine

BMachine

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 67 posts

Posted 27 March 2022 - 09:40

Players get stuck and stop at 15-20 because the tutorial isn't inclusive and explanative enough. They use their stam and logout and never remember to login again because it likely wasn't much fun. They need to be told that the game consists of many more things than just hunting. Hunting is like 10-20% of the game.

Got to hook them in and show them there is something you can do every hour of the day.

As far as relics go i think having to sit on them is fine, this is not the problem it's the combat changes/mechanics that piled up in favor of the attacker (Which already had the edge from the inception). If you want to reinvent the wheel then i guess there can be a guild hall where you step into to defend all the relics. Guess you could justify it by that you snatched the relic and brought it home LOL.

I am certain its because players get stuck and dont know where to go lol, i have watched several players log in daily and hunt between level 17-20 mostly. I can trial a fresh account (aslong as grim lets me) and see if there is a stuck spot after the set of epic quests? I will only use the knowledge presented and see where people are getting lost. I beleive they are completeing the epic quests and getting stuck on the creatures at the end of the quest line.
As for the guild hall being more then just a hall but a location aswell would be pristine. Maybe count 10% of their stats and include mercanaries to relic defending while increasing the level of mercs at the same time? Also, if they introduce the leveling suggestion i implemented they could make a potion skill that allows players to visit any level area of their choosing aslong as its not quest locked? This would mean all players could take all relics and this would incentivise new guilds to form as the key factor to not owning a guild for most is the fact they cant get any decent relics. New guilds = Massive revenue for cows, Massive influx of FSP and since you can take your relic back hourly there will be a nice increase to the amount of active players. HOWEVER i cannot further support this decision as i enjoy GvG and this would mean alot more targets ;)

#18 BMachine

BMachine

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 67 posts

Posted 27 March 2022 - 09:57

was at work and my break ended so I rushed through it without checking.

I didn't mean we own relics or anything like that, and it doesn't have to be a relic to start a war with another guild. It may be to defend your members from hourly attacks from another guild that won't stop hitting guildies. You'd go all out with the war if BB wasn't enough of a deterrent to stop them.

Pay a 25-50FSP fee to begin the war, and both guilds' attack ranges will be increased with a 1.25x XP loss per hit. Other rules can be implemented to prevent bullying or abuse.

I'm throwing an idea in to give guilds more options to compete. I don't believe the group limit will be lifted, it's better to have other systems in place to combat the "abusive" use of 5-10 group attacks. Another thing they could do, which few people seem to agree on, is that if a group hits a relic once, they should use all of their remaining attempts.

This is a bad idea, If i could start a war with other guilds and attack players 200-500 Levels beneath me im sure i would have players quitting the game xD or i may be a target and get sent back to krul island by 10 people :P If 10 people can 100 stam hourly you will go down 2-3 levels per hour. Doesnt sound like much but over 24 hours you can send them back 3 weeks worth of stam :P Imagine if you told some grumpy old guy that he can 100 stam his enemies back to krul island for 400 FSP you think he wont do it ;P by calcs it would take them 600 hours to completely delevel me, with 24-48 hours conflicts imposed it would take 8-25 conflicts to completely send back my hard earned 15 years of levels ;P GvG ladder is all that needs to be imposed, resets monthly with 3 day cooldown on other guilds that compete rather then 10. simple, effective, cant be abused and can be done and implemented within 7 days of planning and coding. (i dont reccomend this)

#19 yghorbeviahn

yghorbeviahn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,654 posts

Posted 27 March 2022 - 13:51

One thing i think there should be atleast when a guild wins defending the attack other guild should have to wait out the 1 hr before they can attack again rather then just randomly hitting till they get it.

I think this, groups lasting 1 Relic attack, and a Reign of Terror buff for defending would be an easy step in the right direction to fix relics.

Edited by yghorbeviahn, 27 March 2022 - 13:51.

#20 shindrak

shindrak

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,957 posts

Posted 28 March 2022 - 00:11

This

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: